Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Facebook

1235»

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 27,113
    His facebook suspension was upheld by the Facebook Oversight Board (whatever the hell that is)
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/04/tech/what-is-facebook-oversight-board/index.html
    There was no way this board was going to reinstate Trump: Meet the Board | Oversight Board

But to hell with Trump, and really, all politics on social media. I liked when Facebook was just for keeping touch with people you live now live away from. Which really, for me, is what it still is. But I know that for others, Facebook and Twitter are (sadly) news sites. 

I personally prefer Instagram. 90's wrestling clips, sports stats, Seinfeld memes, cute golden retrievers, and ass models. This is the stuff I follow. 
    I have found nothing on IG that makes me want to use it...
    Do you use Twitter or Facebook?
    I follow on Twitter and IG but just regularly use Twitter.  Use FB too.

All 3 I think are cesspools.  Everything that is on IG gets posted to twitter and FB anyway.
    I think all three are you make of it. They can be cesspools if you let them, or they can just be fun pictures/videos. My feeds on all three are mainly sports and entertainment. The only time I tread into the cesspool is if I click the "trending" tab on Twitter. I can't imagine actually following some of the people I see pop up replying to trends.

Here's a screenshot of the top post on all three of my feeds. Just to demonstrate that social media, like the internet in general, and the world as a whole, doesn't have to be the miserable cesspool if you don't want it to be.

Facebook....

Instagram..

Twitter...

I should reiterate my statement.

When people comment, it becomes a cesspool.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 34,296
    We just got done watching the movie "The Social Network".  The first thing I said to my wife was, "I don't see how I can possible stay on Facebook after seeing that.  What a bunch of creepy, disgusting people." 
    Actually, I haven't like FB for a long time.  Unfortunately, some people I very much care about seem to only want to stay in touch via FB.  Damn, what a quandary.  I hate it.
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 27,113
    I said as a joke "crazy Europeans" to a pic I posted of a penis waffle stand in Spain and almost got put in FB jail.

I get they are trying to limit bullying but their algorithm for finding the buzz words needs a little work...
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business...Posts: 8,488
    what’s not to love about facecrap…
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 21,321

Reports: Facebook to end rule exemptions for politicians
    Associated Press
    Yesterday

Facebook plans to end a contentious policy championed by CEO Mark Zuckerberg that exempted politicians from certain moderation rules on its site, according to several news reports.

The company's rationale for that policy held that the speech of political leaders is inherently newsworthy and in the public interest even if it is offensive, bullying or otherwise controversial. The social media giant is currently mulling over what to do with the account of former President Donald Trump, which it “indefinitely” suspended Jan. 6, leaving it in Facebook limbo with its owners unable to post.

The change in policy was first reported by the tech site The Verge and later confirmed by the New York Times and the Washington Post.

Facebook has had a general “newsworthiness exemption” since 2016. But it garnered attention in 2019 when Nick Clegg, vice president of global affairs and communications, announced that speech from politicians will be treated as “newsworthy content that should, as a general rule, be seen and heard.”

The newsworthiness exemption, he explained in a blog post at the time, meant that if “someone makes a statement or shares a post which breaks our community standards we will still allow it on our platform if we believe the public interest in seeing it outweighs the risk of harm.”

This hasn’t given politicians unlimited license, however. When Facebook suspended Trump in January, it cited “the risk of further incitement of violence” following the deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol as the reason. The company says it has never used the newsworthiness exemption for any of Trump’s posts.

Facebook declined to comment.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14