Options

Proud Boys use Toys For Tots drive to promote their hate group in our town.

Comments

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

You forgot...supporters of the current president 

Yes, that and divisive. Their entire approach to things is all about pissing people off by trolling anyone who is not on the radical right and thus widening the gap.  These are mean spirited, hate filled, nasty human beings.
    I feel like this could be applied to the majority of conservatives in 2020 America... at least those who still support this current administration. 

Agreed!

I'm particularly angry with this Proud Boys faction of supporters for Idiot in Chief and all that is hateful as their antics are driving people away from our little downtown area where small business is struggling hard to stay afloat.  These asshole don't give two shits about anything other than grabbing all the attention they can get and spreading their hate.  Pure evil.
    Come to think about something.  Didn't Cali put a ban on large groups?  That picture of them together has over a dozen people in it.  They are in violation of the law, no?

I'm not sure exactly what the law here says on that but I think it's mostly for indoor groups.  But if they were in violation, it would not be held.  There were cops at that rally and they did nothing and there is even some indication that although our mayor said they were not welcome, the police here seem favorable toward Proud Boys.  No surprise here in one of the conservative strongholds in California.  The El Dorado County Sheriff's Department has previously said it would not enforce some of the protective measures against COVID.  Is it any wonder I feel like a stranger in a strange land?!
    Rage Against the Machine wasn't wrong. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,709
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Yes, that and divisive. Their entire approach to things is all about pissing people off by trolling anyone who is not on the radical right and thus widening the gap.  These are mean spirited, hate filled, nasty human beings.
    I feel like this could be applied to the majority of conservatives in 2020 America... at least those who still support this current administration. 

Agreed!

I'm particularly angry with this Proud Boys faction of supporters for Idiot in Chief and all that is hateful as their antics are driving people away from our little downtown area where small business is struggling hard to stay afloat.  These asshole don't give two shits about anything other than grabbing all the attention they can get and spreading their hate.  Pure evil.
    Come to think about something.  Didn't Cali put a ban on large groups?  That picture of them together has over a dozen people in it.  They are in violation of the law, no?

I'm not sure exactly what the law here says on that but I think it's mostly for indoor groups.  But if they were in violation, it would not be held.  There were cops at that rally and they did nothing and there is even some indication that although our mayor said they were not welcome, the police here seem favorable toward Proud Boys.  No surprise here in one of the conservative strongholds in California.  The El Dorado County Sheriff's Department has previously said it would not enforce some of the protective measures against COVID.  Is it any wonder I feel like a stranger in a strange land?!
    Rage Against the Machine wasn't wrong. 

For sure.

Look who else was hanging with these idiots:
    Anger as far-right group Proud Boys crashes Christmas toy giveaway  The  Independent

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    The police here aren’t doing too much in terms of home and even outside/non-business gatherings, and not because of politics (that’s possible, you know!) but moreso that other local - and fucked up - crimes have taken precedence.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    The police here aren’t doing too much in terms of home and even outside/non-business gatherings, and not because of politics (that’s possible, you know!) but moreso that other local - and fucked up - crimes have taken precedence.

Any idea what's contributing to the increase in crime?  Is it maybe because of unemployment due to COVID?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:

Any idea what's contributing to the increase in crime?  Is it maybe because of unemployment due to COVID?
    No, it’s perfectly healthy (looking) men and women breaking into homes, robbing folks, setting shit on fire, or punching someone out just for the hell of it. 

Due to COVID :lol: More like opportunity to be a dick. 
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    The Proud Boys can go fuck themselves.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:

No, it’s perfectly healthy (looking) men and women breaking into homes, robbing folks, setting shit on fire, or punching someone out just for the hell of it. 

Lotta chaos going down these days, that's for sure.

I obviously have to admit, that's pretty much how I feel.  But at the same time, I am going to try very hard to not project my feeling that way directly to anyone who is a Proud Boy because I'm quite taken by the efforts my wife and her business partner are putting out there to speak out against hate and promote love.  They're looking into selling bumper stickers that read "El Dorado County is Too Great for Hate" and donating all the proceeds the the Southern Poverty Law Center. 

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,156
    eh let em secede. most of those states take more federal tax dollars than they pay in, so whatever.

butthurt gonna butthurt.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    You may be right, but there have been plenty of reports from other cities about the proud boys getting favorable treatment from police during protests, so what Brian is suggesting doesn't strain credulity either. 
  • Options
    eh let em secede. most of those states take more federal tax dollars than they pay in, so whatever.

butthurt gonna butthurt.

For sure.  The problem is, there are a lot of good people in those states that are talking about seceding (and being encouraged to do so by the likes of Rush Limp Bahh and would suffer more because of it.  There are thousands, maybe millions of good people in those states who would either be stuck there due to economic hardship or would become refugees.  I am so fucking thankful not to be stuck in one of those places.  Talk about being privileged! 

• Options
    hedonist said:
    You may be right, but there have been plenty of reports from other cities about the proud boys getting favorable treatment from police during protests, so what Brian is suggesting doesn't strain credulity either. 

Yes, and that is really frustrating to us because we have long maintained a friendly relationship with local law enforcement, partly due to the fact that they have been helpful in preventing crime against small business in town, and now they are being at least somewhat friendly and supportive to a bunch of jerks who are driving business away and giving Placerville a bad name. 

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,156
    brianlux said:

butthurt gonna butthurt.

For sure.  The problem is, there are a lot of good people in those states that are talking about seceding (and being encouraged to do so by the likes of Rush Limp Bahh and would suffer more because of it.  There are thousands, maybe millions of good people in those states who would either be stuck there due to economic hardship or would become refugees.  I am so fucking thankful not to be stuck in one of those places.  Talk about being privileged! 
    rush is the one egging it on. he is on death's door and will not be here to have to deal with the consequences of his words, so he is just going to say whatever he wants.

i am just happy to see he lived long enough to see trump get his ass kicked in the election.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    They're incels
    They already do
  • Options
    brianlux said:

butthurt gonna butthurt.

rush is the one egging it on. he is on death's door and will not be here to have to deal with the consequences of his words, so he is just going to say whatever he wants.

i am just happy to see he lived long enough to see trump get his ass kicked in the election.

Big thumbs up to that!  :plus_one:

• Options
    They're incels
    They already do
    They actually aren't.  They promote to NOT masturbate and go out and seek woman, no shit.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,497
    edited December 2020
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:

I obviously have to admit, that's pretty much how I feel.  But at the same time, I am going to try very hard to not project my feeling that way directly to anyone who is a Proud Boy because I'm quite taken by the efforts my wife and her business partner are putting out there to speak out against hate and promote love.  They're looking into selling bumper stickers that read "El Dorado County is Too Great for Hate" and donating all the proceeds the the Southern Poverty Law Center. 
    I grew up in San Jose California and eventually ended up in rural Southern Illinois, and work in Southern Indiana. The people here know I am from California and constantly give me grief about the flaming liberal tree hugging communists that make up the state of California. I have tried to explain that there are parts of California that are just as redneck as here, but they choose to believe whatever garbage news that is put out there by Fox, Newsmax, the soon to be former President, etc. I remember the Klan having a rally in downtown San Jose when I was in high school in the 1980's. 
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • Options
    They're incels
    They already do
    They actually aren't.  They promote to NOT masturbate and go out and seek woman, no shit.
    I stand corrected 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:

I grew up in San Jose California and eventually ended up in rural Southern Illinois, and work in Southern Indiana. The people here know I am from California and constantly give me grief about the flaming liberal tree hugging communists that make up the state of California. I have tried to explain that there are parts of California that are just as redneck as here, but they choose to believe whatever garbage news that is put out there by Fox, Newsmax, the soon to be former President, etc. I remember the Klan having a rally in downtown San Jose when I was in high school in the 1980's. 

Very interesting, Je.  I've heard similar stories before.  I grew up just a little north of you up the mostly liberal peninsula.  Admittedly, the Bay Area as a whole is very liberal, but like you say, sometimes it's hard to get people to understand that not all of California is flaming liberal.  Maybe tell doubters to Google voting records for El Dorado, Shasta, Tehama and Alpine Counties (to start- there are other counties that
    are predominately conservative).

And sorry to say, we have our share of hate groups as well:

The other amusing thing is that people assume California and Los Angeles are the same place.  I lived back in Western New York State for a couple of years and always found it amusing that when I told people I was from California they would say things like "What was it like living in Los Angels".  I'd laugh and say, "I don't have a clue- I've only been there briefly a couple of times."

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:

Very interesting, Je.  I've heard similar stories before.  I grew up just a little north of you up the mostly liberal peninsula.  Admittedly, the Bay Area as a whole is very liberal, but like you say, sometimes it's hard to get people to understand that not all of California is flaming liberal.  Maybe tell doubters to Google voting records for El Dorado, Shasta, Tehama and Alpine Counties (to start- there are other counties that

The other amusing thing is that people assume California and Los Angeles are the same place.  I lived back in Western New York State for a couple of years and always found it amusing that when I told people I was from California they would say things like "What was it like living in Los Angels".  I'd laugh and say, "I don't have a clue- I've only been there briefly a couple of times."

As a native Angeleno, I’ve met maybe a dozen people in my adulthood who could say the same. We’re a dying breed.

And oh, how my city has changed. I miss parts of what she used to be. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,497
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:

The same thing happens when you live in Illinois. As soon as people hear you are from there, they ask about living in Chicago. Well, actually I live 4 and a half hours South of Chicago in a small town surrounded by corn and soybeans, so I have no idea. I do enjoy the occasional trip up there though.  
  • Options

hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:

As a native Angeleno, I’ve met maybe a dozen people in my adulthood who could say the same. We’re a dying breed.

I so wish I'd spent more time in L.A. back in the 60's and 70's!  C and I are Rockford files fanatics and have all the DVDs and one of the things I love about that show is all the cool shots of places like Malibu, Hollywood, the city itself.  If only I had a time machine!

• Options
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:

Saugus California, Santa Clarita resident alum here.   Near Magic Mountain for those of you not sure.  It's an out skirt of LA county.  Nice place.  Used to roam the hills looking for lizards and rattlesnakes.  Used to be farmland and now it's overrun with houses and people.   
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:

Saugus California, Santa Clarita resident alum here.   Near Magic Mountain for those of you not sure.  It's an out skirt of LA county.  Nice place.  Used to roam the hills looking for lizards and rattlesnakes.  Used to be farmland and now it's overrun with houses and people.   
    Circa 84-86 and again in 93-95, then off to Seattle and Alaska.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:

LA in the late 70s/early 80s was the shit! If you were into rock and roll...

It’s a shame such that such beautiful, open, unadulterated spaces are fading away. 

“They paved paradise, put up a parking lot.”
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:

LA in the late 70s/early 80s was the shit! If you were into rock and roll...

It’s a shame such that such beautiful, open, unadulterated spaces are fading away. 

“They paved paradise, put up a parking lot.”
    I loved visiting L.A in the 80s. Stayed just off the strip and went to many of the legendary rock clubs.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Agreed!

Hang in there Brian, take it from someone who grew up in that wonderful town not everyone is a lunatic. Just feels that way a lot of the time, especially anytime race issues come up. It's certainly not the same place I grew up in though, I suppose it's not the only small town to have been hijacked over the past few decades though. The whole Urban vs Rural fight is driving the division in this country. Oh and I told you those COVID numbers would explode up there a few weeks ago. Positivity rate in El Dorado County is frightening. Residents can thank their fearless Sheriff for that. Sadly it's become an ignorant town, one I'm honestly ashamed to admit I grew up in. 
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Agreed!

Hang in there Brian, take it from someone who grew up in that wonderful town not everyone is a lunatic. Just feels that way a lot of the time, especially anytime race issues come up. It's certainly not the same place I grew up in though, I suppose it's not the only small town to have been hijacked over the past few decades though. The whole Urban vs Rural fight is driving the division in this country. Oh and I told you those COVID numbers would explode up there a few weeks ago. Positivity rate in El Dorado County is frightening. Residents can thank their fearless Sheriff for that. Sadly it's become an ignorant town, one I'm honestly ashamed to admit I grew up in. 

Thanks!

Fortunately, we do have some good, level headed folks up here.  The loudest mouths get the most attention and the average person is, well, just that- average.

Yeah positivity rate was so low here for a long time and now it's going up, up, up.  I'm stocked up on food and staying home!

• Options
    Thinking of you brian. Stay home is best plan
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    Ok guess they went over the final plans on how the anarchy will begin!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....