Options

Proud Boys use Toys For Tots drive to promote their hate group in our town.

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,772
The white supremacist group, "Proud Boys" recently used a Toys for Tots charity drive to promote their hate group here in Placerville recently.  I'm proud of our mayor for telling them they are not welcome here.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    The fuck is wrong with people. Extremists trying to influence kids. Should be illegal
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    The fuck is wrong with people. Extremists trying to influence kids. Should be illegal

the kids who get the toys their donation provides for wont know it came through them. this  was a stunt to get the name in the news. charity is best when its anonymous....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

the kids who get the toys their donation provides for wont know it came through them. this  was a stunt to get the name in the news. charity is best when its anonymous....
    But throwing  up racist signs in a kids photo and that getting  published is abhorrent behaviour. 
    The charity will probably  have  to lose out well the  poor kids ,like who wants to be seen to sympathise with these half whits.
    A poor act of abusing  a good cause
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Proud Boys are pedos luring children in with toys!
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    Proud Boys are pedos luring children in with toys!
    Interesting hot take.
  • Options
    Anyone notice the black guy with them flashing the sign too?
  • Options
    Anyone notice the black guy 7with them flashing the sign too?

yep. channeling chappelle show?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

HA!  There were actually 2 guys of African American decent there.

They definitely have a bunch of views that are Nationalist which became a taboo word now, but if you are 'merican and love the red white and blue then this is for you and no color or creed be of question.

It's not a very progressive group and I see why it ticks the boxes for people.  It's like trying to bring back the misogynist actions that were tolerated in the 80's.  I just don't get that aspect...
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

They definitely have a bunch of views that are Nationalist which became a taboo word now, but if you are 'merican and love the red white and blue then this is for you and no color or creed be of question.

It's not a very progressive group and I see why it ticks the boxes for people.  It's like trying to bring back the misogynist actions that were tolerated in the 80's.  I just don't get that aspect...

Southern Poverty Law Center is the best place I know of to get information on hate groups and what they are really about.  Here is what they say about Proud Boys:

Their disavowals of bigotry are belied by their actions: rank-and-file Proud Boys and leaders regularly spout white nationalist memes and maintain affiliations with known extremists. They are known for anti-Muslim and misogynistic rhetoric. Proud Boys have appeared alongside other hate groups at extremist gatherings like the "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville. Indeed, former Proud Boys member Jason Kessler helped to organize the event, which brought together Klansmen, antisemites, Southern racists, and militias. Kessler was only “expelled” from the group after the violence and near-universal condemnation of the Charlottesville rally-goers.

More at link:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

Southern Poverty Law Center is the best place I know of to get information on hate groups and what they are really about.  Here is what they say about Proud Boys:

Their disavowals of bigotry are belied by their actions: rank-and-file Proud Boys and leaders regularly spout white nationalist memes and maintain affiliations with known extremists. They are known for anti-Muslim and misogynistic rhetoric. Proud Boys have appeared alongside other hate groups at extremist gatherings like the "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville. Indeed, former Proud Boys member Jason Kessler helped to organize the event, which brought together Klansmen, antisemites, Southern racists, and militias. Kessler was only “expelled” from the group after the violence and near-universal condemnation of the Charlottesville rally-goers.

More at link:

You know what's interesting?  I read the same thing almost word for word on another site.  I guess reporters just copy and paste things now and don't use more than one source.

I started the Proud Boys thread so I know about them.  I'll stick by my definition of them as Nationalist and non progressive.  That usually follows up w racist tendencies anyways.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

More at link:

You know what's interesting?  I read the same thing almost word for word on another site.  I guess reporters just copy and paste things now and don't use more than one source.

I started the Proud Boys thread so I know about them.  I'll stick by my definition of them as Nationalist and non progressive.  That usually follows up w racist tendencies anyways.
    SPLC is pretty much the definitive source on classifying hate groups, so there's really no need for a reporter to find a backup source.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

More at link:

SPLC is pretty much the definitive source on classifying hate groups, so there's really no need for a reporter to find a backup source.

and a reporter could reword things.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

More at link:

As an editor, I would never let that that fly.

If a news outlet is publishing that a certain organization is a hate group, that news outlet should put some distance between the folks on its masthead and the published statement.

A reporter who puts such a statement in his or her own words runs the risks of not only ruining the reputation of the news outlet as an unbiased source but also, in this day and age, they risk physical harm to themselves and their coworkers.

You know, because people want to lynch journalists now.  And those who don't still think they could do a better job with their GED, apparently.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

More at link:

So true!  Really an amazing organization. 

• Options
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

More at link:

If a news outlet is publishing that a certain organization is a hate group, that news outlet should put some distance between the folks on its masthead and the published statement.

A reporter who puts such a statement in his or her own words runs the risks of not only ruining the reputation of the news outlet as an unbiased source but also, in this day and age, they risk physical harm to themselves and their coworkers.

You know, because people want to lynch journalists now.  And those who don't still think they could do a better job with their GED, apparently.
    There are also people out there that claim to be reporters that just google shit all day and use that as reporting.  It's pretty much what Twitter is today.

That being said it doesn't discredit what was said about the proud boys.  Through my research I get the same 2 underlying ideology from them like I mentioned before.

It really is an all over the place group.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

More at link:

There are also people out there that claim to be reporters that just google shit all day and use that as reporting.  It's pretty much what Twitter is today.

That being said it doesn't discredit what was said about the proud boys.  Through my research I get the same 2 underlying ideology from them like I mentioned before.

These characteristics are consistent within this group:
    Spreading hate
    White Nationalist
    Misogynist
    Anti-Muslim
    Bigoted
    Extremist

You almost sound taken by this group.  That so, or my misunderstanding?

• Options
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

More at link:

Spreading hate
    White Nationalist
    Misogynist
    Anti-Muslim
    Bigoted
    Extremist

The things you just listed proves my point that it is an "all over the place group".  Again as I stated that Misogyny and Nationalism often follow along w the others that you mentioned so I have no idea how i'm "taken" with this group.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    in related news, #civilwar is trending on twitter again.

i am so sick of these babies. they need to do what dems did after 2016. work to win the house, work to win the white house, and now work to flip the senate.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

More at link:

Spreading hate
    White Nationalist
    Misogynist
    Anti-Muslim
    Bigoted
    Extremist

The things you just listed proves my point that it is an "all over the place group".  Again as I stated that Misogyny and Nationalism often follow along w the others that you mentioned so I have no idea how i'm "taken" with this group.

Sorry, not meaning to make accusations.  "All over the place" to me sounded like cutting them some slack.  Sorry for misunderstanding.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

More at link:

Spreading hate
    White Nationalist
    Misogynist
    Anti-Muslim
    Bigoted
    Extremist

You forgot...supporters of the current president 
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

More at link:

Spreading hate
    White Nationalist
    Misogynist
    Anti-Muslim
    Bigoted
    Extremist

Yes, that and divisive. Their entire approach to things is all about pissing people off by trolling anyone who is not on the radical right and thus widening the gap.  These are mean spirited, hate filled, nasty human beings.

• Options

i am so sick of these babies. they need to do what dems did after 2016. work to win the house, work to win the white house, and now work to flip the senate.
    You have to understand that 1/2 the country voted for Trump.

Half.

There are a whole bunch of people that think a certain way and aren't really thrilled about progressing.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,532
    edited December 2020
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

More at link:

Spreading hate
    White Nationalist
    Misogynist
    Anti-Muslim
    Bigoted
    Extremist

Yes, that and divisive. Their entire approach to things is all about pissing people off by trolling anyone who is not on the radical right and thus widening the gap.  These are mean spirited, hate filled, nasty human beings.
    I feel like this could be applied to the majority of conservatives in 2020 America... at least those who still support this current administration. 
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

More at link:

Spreading hate
    White Nationalist
    Misogynist
    Anti-Muslim
    Bigoted
    Extremist

I feel like this could be applied to the majority of conservatives in 2020 America... at least those who still support this current administration. 

Agreed!

I'm particularly angry with this Proud Boys faction of supporters for Idiot in Chief and all that is hateful as their antics are driving people away from our little downtown area where small business is struggling hard to stay afloat.  These asshole don't give two shits about anything other than grabbing all the attention they can get and spreading their hate.  Pure evil.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Agreed!

I'm particularly angry with this Proud Boys faction of supporters for Idiot in Chief and all that is hateful as their antics are driving people away from our little downtown area where small business is struggling hard to stay afloat.  These asshole don't give two shits about anything other than grabbing all the attention they can get and spreading their hate.  Pure evil.
    Come to think about something.  Didn't Cali put a ban on large groups?  That picture of them together has over a dozen people in it.  They are in violation of the law, no?
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,678
    edited December 2020

Half.

There are a whole bunch of people that think a certain way and aren't really thrilled about progressing.
    "Half the country" did NOT vote for  Tricky Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat. The POS received approximately 74,223,000 votes or 22.6% of the US population. Or 31% of eligible voters. I think you meant to say, "almost half the votes of those who voted," which is 47.7%. Please, let's not blow up the POS's ego anymore than it already is or give him more credit than is due, which is zero. He still lost by 7,059,000 popular votes, 74 electoral votes and has presided over the deaths of approximately 298,000 Americans.

Tricky Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat lost. He's a loser.
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,831

Half.

"Half the country" did NOT vote for  Tricky Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat. The POS received approximately 74,223,000 votes or 22.6% of the US population. Or 31% of eligible voters. I think you meant to say, "almost half the votes of those who voted," which is 47.7%. Please, let's not blow up the POS's ego anymore than it already is or give him more credit than is due, which is zero. He still lost by 7,059,000 popular votes, 74 electoral votes and has presided over the deaths of approximately 298,000 Americans.

Everything you say is true.

But Tempo's point still stands.  Nearly half of all Americans support Trump. Consistently 40%. And while his numbers being that low is historically bad, it's still an indication of who we are as a nation. Even if it mattered that a majority of Americans doesn't like Trump (it doesn't), away from the polls, I'm not sure that your numbers are that distinguishable from 50/50.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

Half.

But Tempo's point still stands.  Nearly half of all Americans support Trump. Consistently 40%. And while his numbers being that low is historically bad, it's still an indication of who we are as a nation. Even if it mattered that a majority of Americans doesn't like Trump (it doesn't), away from the polls, I'm not sure that your numbers are that distinguishable from 50/50.

Thank you, you get it.
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

Half.

I’d argue with that as well and not for sake of argument but because saying “half the country,” is 164,100,000 and I don’t think that’s accurate, tossing out those under 18 and those who are never polled (weren’t you going on about how bad polling has been, particularly 538’s?). Nearly half, 40%, is not half and I’d argue that that 40% Is actually less of “all Americans.” 35% of eligible voters didn’t vote and apparently don’t give a fuck and because they don’t, you can’t assume they’re Tricky Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat supporters, IMHO.

Tricky Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat lost. He’s a loser.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Agreed!

Come to think about something.  Didn't Cali put a ban on large groups?  That picture of them together has over a dozen people in it.  They are in violation of the law, no?

I'm not sure exactly what the law here says on that but I think it's mostly for indoor groups.  But if they were in violation, it would not be held.  There were cops at that rally and they did nothing and there is even some indication that although our mayor said they were not welcome, the police here seem favorable toward Proud Boys.  No surprise here in one of the conservative strongholds in California.  The El Dorado County Sheriff's Department has previously said it would not enforce some of the protective measures against COVID.  Is it any wonder I feel like a stranger in a strange land?!