*** DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN INDICTED ***

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    THE FIELD
    It’s mind boggling that we are back here again! It’s a recurring theme most most sane folks know who he is a total sycophant and needs to be put away like a bad genie in a bottle with a sealed cork on it! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Yep, yet another opportunity for an unhinged tyrant and his minions to fart and belch their belligerent message aimed to make America a great big mess again.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

THE FIELD
    brianlux said:
    Yep, yet another opportunity for an unhinged tyrant and his minions to fart and belch their belligerent message aimed to make America a great big mess again.
    I’m dumb founded that it keep going like this! I wish I could just be in a part of the world where I was not part of any of it, sure I can throw away my phone don’t watch any news but some how it just keeps coming back 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    edited March 2023
    I wonder if there an over / under on the amount of police his supporters are going to assault this time around. 
    Then they’ll tell us how much blue lives matter. 
    brianlux said:
    I’m dumb founded that it keep going like this! I wish I could just be in a part of the world where I was not part of any of it, sure I can throw away my phone don’t watch any news but some how it just keeps coming back 
    I hear you, Jose!  At times, I wish the same.  But where and how?  It's a small and crazy world!
    I wonder if there an over / under on the amount of police his supporters are going to assault this time around. 
    Then they’ll tell us how much blue lives matter. 

Good question, especially in light of Trump's efforts to rile up his minions.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Ms Carroll about to bring the noise.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I just heard Ted Nugent called Zelensky a "homosexual weirdo" in his opening act role at the Waco Trump rally.

Wango Tango indeed. 
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018

ikiT said:
    I just heard Ted Nugent called Zelensky a "homosexual weirdo" in his opening act role at the Waco Trump rally.

Wango Tango indeed. 

The absolutely kindest thing I can think of to say about that dude is "Ted is No Gent."  The worst?  Mega expletives.

THE FIELD
    ikiT said:

Wango Tango indeed. 
    Nugent is a vile POS human his music has always sucked,I hope he just rust away! 

• RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    mickeyrat said:

Wow. He's always shown the world the kind of person he is.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    So he lied about being indicted last week? And then he raised millions off that lie? That doesn't sound like something Donald Trump would do! lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    THE FIELD
    mickeyrat said:
    Flags... I never understood how this president and his followers like to do this flag flying with his face and name on them?  Never has a president had anything like this with them.

Obama had a poster made for his campaign by Shepard Fairley but that's not even close.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    mickeyrat said:
    Flags... I never understood how this president and his followers like to do this flag flying with his face and name on them?  Never has a president had anything like this with them.

Obama had a poster made for his campaign by Shepard Fairley but that's not even close.
    It's a cult. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    edited March 2023
    mickeyrat said:

Yeah and the magats use the "I never see any Biden flags or Biden boat parades" line to suggest that no one supports Biden.

Perfect example of the magat brain lives two doors down from me. This guy probably weighs 450 easy. Hasn't worked for at least 15 years because we have lived there 15 years and he hasn't had a job in that time. He's like 40 now. He used to drive a truck with a "Mr Plow" sticker on it and he would clear some driveways for money when it snowed but his truck caught on fire a few years ago and he stopped plowing after that.

Because he didn't work he couldn't collect unemployment until the Covid wave allowed it. Then he collected it for a year or so and bought a new used truck. This guy is always talking about wanting to put a tRump sticker on our boat...he actually organized a tRump boat parade on the lake a few years ago.

So every so often he will catch us outside as he's driving by because he is too obese to walk over and talk. He is ALWAYS yammering about democrats and how dems give lazy people money, etc. I really want to just light him up but I keep my mouth shut. 

It reminds me of the repubs that complain about student loan forgiveness when they benefited from PPP money.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    Mr Bean waiting meme templates - YouTube
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    KP_McMinn said:

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    THE FIELD
    KP_McMinn said:
    It’s lunch time here thanks for the reminder! Glorious NY pizza Uhmm yummy 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    THE FIELD
    mickeyrat said:

Yeah and the magats use the "I never see any Biden flags or Biden boat parades" line to suggest that no one supports Biden.

Perfect example of the magat brain lives two doors down from me. This guy probably weighs 450 easy. Hasn't worked for at least 15 years because we have lived there 15 years and he hasn't had a job in that time. He's like 40 now. He used to drive a truck with a "Mr Plow" sticker on it and he would clear some driveways for money when it snowed but his truck caught on fire a few years ago and he stopped plowing after that.

Because he didn't work he couldn't collect unemployment until the Covid wave allowed it. Then he collected it for a year or so and bought a new used truck. This guy is always talking about wanting to put a tRump sticker on our boat...he actually organized a tRump boat parade on the lake a few years ago.

So every so often he will catch us outside as he's driving by because he is too obese to walk over and talk. He is ALWAYS yammering about democrats and how dems give lazy people money, etc. I really want to just light him up but I keep my mouth shut. 

It reminds me of the repubs that complain about student loan forgiveness when they benefited from PPP money.
    I also just read about some repubs wearing the AR15 pin.  It reminds me of the Bill Hicks skit when he walks up to Jackie Kennedy with a gun pin and says "just thinking about John, Jackie.  Just thinking about John." as he pats the pin.
    THE FIELD
    KP_McMinn said:
    Another what happened even you can stomach the thread you started? Go over there I asked a question I figured you’d answer there no? 
    KP_McMinn said:
    Another what happened even you can stomach the thread you started? Go over there I asked a question I figured you’d answer there no? 

sorry jose.  i responded. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    mickeyrat said:

From the NYT email blast. Sounds like your neighbor. Brilliant brilliancy in all its brilliance.

Grand Old Programs

As congressional Republicans prepare for a budget showdown later this year with President Biden, they say that they will insist on large cuts to federal spending. So far, though, they have left out some pretty important details: what those cuts might be.
    Republicans have been more willing to talk about what they won’t cut. Party leaders have promised not to touch Medicare and Social Security. Republicans generally oppose reductions in military spending and veterans’ benefits. And neither party can do anything about interest payments on the debt that the government has already accumulated. Combined, these categories make up almost two-thirds of federal government spending.

The largest remaining category involves health care spending that benefits lower- and middle-income families, including from Medicaid and Obamacare. Hard-right Republicans, like some in the Freedom Caucus, have signaled they will propose reductions to these programs. Party leaders, for their part, have said they would eye cuts to anti-poverty programs such as food stamps.
    But cuts like these would have a big potential downside for Republicans: The partisan shifts of recent years mean that Republican voters now benefit from these redistributive programs even more than Democratic voters do.

As The Atlantic’s Ronald Brownstein recently wrote, “The escalating confrontation between the parties over the federal budget rests on a fundamental paradox: The Republican majority in the House of Representatives is now more likely than Democrats to represent districts filled with older and lower-income voters who rely on the social programs that the G.O.P. wants to cut.”

Almost 70 percent of House Republicans represent districts where the median income is lower than the national median, according to researchers at the University of Southern California. By contrast, about 60 percent of House Democrats represent districts more affluent than the median.

The politics of class, as Brownstein puts it, have been inverted.

Upside down

I’ve written before about the tensions that this inversion has created for Democrats. The party increasingly reflects the views of upper-income professionals who tend to be more liberal on social issues than most swing voters. Today’s left is less religious and patriotic than the country as a whole and less concerned about crime and border security. The left is more focused on differences among Americans, especially by race, gender and sexuality, than on what Americans have in common.

This shift has been happening for a long time, but it has accelerated in the past decade. “The new left is very conscious of identity,” my colleague Nate Cohn wrote last week. “Obama-era liberals tended to emphasize the commonalities between groups and downplayed longstanding racial, religious and partisan divisions.” (In that article, Nate make a thoughtful attempt to define “woke.”)

These developments have created challenges for the Democratic Party. It has continued to lose working-class white voters and recently lost some Latino and Asian American voters. Biden and his aides spend considerable time thinking about these problems, and he has tried to take a less elitist approach. Democrats don’t “pay nearly as much attention to working-class folks as we used to,” he has said.

But the new class dynamic also creates challenges for the Republican Party. For decades, it was the party that skewed affluent. It still had to manage the differences between its higher-income voters and its evangelical voters, but Republicans were mostly comfortable pushing for lower taxes and smaller government (other than the military). Paul Ryan, the former House speaker, embodied this outlook.

Paul Ryan and Donald Trump in 2018.Erin Schaff for The New York Times

Donald Trump was able to engineer a hostile takeover of the party in 2016 partly because he recognized that many Republican voters had no interest in Ryan-style cuts to Social Security and Medicare. Trump promised to protect those programs and, unlike most Republican politicians, criticized trade deals. These positions helped him win the nomination and then the general election, as Matthew Yglesias of Substack has argued. In the 2024 Republican campaign, Trump is already using a similar strategy.

While Trump was president, however, he mostly did not govern as a populist. He acted more like a President Paul Ryan might have, cutting taxes on corporations and the affluent while trying to shrink Medicaid and repeal Obamacare. Those Trump policies weren’t popular. They contributed to the Republican Party’s huge losses in the 2018 midterms and probably hurt Trump’s re-election campaign too.
    Polls show that even many Republican voters oppose cuts to government health care programs. The same message is evident in the outcome of state-level ballot initiatives: Idaho, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Utah have all voted to expand Medicaid.

The G.O.P. dilemma

The Republican Party has not yet figured out a solution to this problem. If the party were guided solely by public opinion, it might put together an agenda that was well to the right of the Democratic Party on social issues while also calling for higher taxes on the rich. “There is quite a bit of economically populist appetite even among Republicans for raising taxes on the wealthy and corporations,” Bryan Bennett, who oversees polling at the Hub Project, a progressive group, told The Atlantic.

But the Republican Party retains enough of its wealthy base that it remains staunchly opposed to tax increases. Instead, Republicans say that the solution to the budget deficit involves less spending. But the specific cuts that they have talked about so far — like calls to reduce Medicaid and food stamps — don’t come close to balancing the budget. Other Republicans have talked about reducing the “woke bureaucracy,” but it is not clear what that would entail.

“The math doesn’t actually work,” my colleague Catie Edmondson, who covers Congress, said. “This is such a dilemma for Republicans.”

Adding to the challenge for Kevin McCarthy, the speaker, is the slim Republican House majority. McCarthy can lose only four votes and still pass a bill without Democratic support. “It is very hard to envision a Republican budget that can satisfy the Freedom Caucus and still get votes from Republicans in swing districts,” Carl Hulse, The Times’s chief Washington correspondent, told me.

What’s next: Sometime this summer or fall, the U.S. government is likely to reach its debt limit. To avoid defaulting on debt payments — and risking a financial crisis — Congress will need to raise the limit before then, and Republicans say they will insist on cuts as part of a deal.

Related: Biden and McCarthy are on a collision course.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Do you find Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez hot - Quora
    KP_McMinn said:

Where did Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez go to college?
    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez attended Boston University, where she graduated in 2011 with a bachelor's degree in economics and international relations.
    What degree does Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez have?
    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez graduated cum laude from Boston University in 2011 with a bachelor of arts degree in economics and international relations.

mickeyrat said:
    KP_McMinn said:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez attended Boston University, where she graduated in 2011 with a bachelor's degree in economics and international relations.
    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez graduated cum laude from Boston University in 2011 with a bachelor of arts degree in economics and international relations.

BFD...

Never had a child
    never been married
    never ran a business
    never bought a home
    never managed people
    never served on a local committee
    No real life experiences but at 29, she wants to act like she has a plan for the economy. 
    THE FIELD
    KP_McMinn said:
    mickeyrat said:
    KP_McMinn said:

BFD...

Never had a child
    never been married
    never ran a business
    never bought a home
    never managed people
    never served on a local committee
    No real life experiences but at 29, she wants to act like she has a plan for the economy. 
    Let’s see Uhmm 
    He never ran a successful business remember that football league,casinos etc etc etc
    Been divorced what 3 times has had multiple affairs while being married even after Melania was recovering with stitches 
    has def assaulted multiple women see Jean e carrol and how long that list is 
    What college did he buy his degree from and what degree is it? Not sure 
    Was a coward see bone spurs.
    He’s def a racist see Central Park 5 or 6 I forget sorry but it’s all there! 
    Have a great day Borat 
This discussion has been closed.