Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,727
    edited November 2021
    Ban him because you called his comments all of those things?
    Why would he be banned?

Laughable.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,908
    Why would he be banned?

Laughable.
    Thanks for your input. His comments were all
    of those things I called them. And it was a joke. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,727
    nicknyr15 said:
    Why would he be banned?

Laughable.
    I don't share your opinion.
    The both sides garbage 🗑️ is what is tired, imo.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Why would he be banned?

Laughable.
    I don't share your opinion.
    The both sides garbage 🗑️ is what is tired, imo.
    I respect your opinion. I’m talking about the voters most of the time. Not the politicians. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,840
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    shecky said:

Who's your duly elected president, shecky?

Why do you bother asking ? There will always be “not my president “ people. There were plenty when trump was elected and plenty while Biden is elected. And there will continue to be crybabies on both sides that denounce the president if they don’t get their way. 
    Because I am legitimately curious how people like her think. 

And I vehemently disagree that there were "plenty when Trump was elected" who thought he did not actually win. Not sure what you are talking about. Two thirds of the republican party actually do not believe Biden was duly elected. Trump supporters invaded the Capitol Building to try and prevent the new administration from taking power. Trump never conceded and to this day, over a full year later, still says the election was stolen from him. In contrast, Hillary conceded the morning after election day. Sure there were democrats who didn't really think Trump was "their" president per se, but they were not so far gone from reality to the point where they did not acknowledge he actually did win the election.

Being a crybaby is one thing. Being someone who refuses to accept reality is another and, quite frankly, I think it's incredibly dangerous to the future of this country. 

So, yeah, that's why I asked the question. One of these days one of these people might actually respond and we can then have a discussion that might be worthwhile. If this doesn't interest you, then just ignore. 
    These posters you ask will NEVER answer you. I’m not arguing your point. Just kind of a “why waste your time” thing. I I maintain that there were and still are plenty when trump was elected. Plenty of not my president people and plenty that don’t think he legitimately won. 
    A little curious as to why you've selected me to criticize for responding while ignoring the other 8 people who did the same thing. Believe me, you pestering me about it does none of us any good. 

Also, you have no evidence to support your belief that "plenty" of people did not believe Trump was actually elected president, while I have plenty of data that backs up what I said. So if I come across someone who believes in that fairytale, you better believe I want to at least ask the question to figure out what's in their mind. Sorry if that offends you, but you can just choose to ignore it....like you did with all the others who responded as well. 
    Relax. Wow. I literally just said to someone that they’re feeding the trolls here. You’re taking this way too seriously. 
    The poll is instructive.  2/3 the electino wasn't legit, and the craziness flows from there. 
    If trump won, do you think there was any chance of chaos and violence that would have ensued in certain cities by far left maniacs? Can you honestly say no? We will never know the answer but to act like that’s an impossibility is nuts. To say there’s only bad “voters” on one side is false. 
    There would have been nothing sanctioned and encouraged by Biden and his team.  You don't see that as different?

Agreed.  And certainly no attempt to break into the Capitol Building and attempt to kill people in congress and the VP.  Just no way.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I hope President Biden’s executive branch funnels the dollars to the dem and repub districts that voted Yea, leaving the nays high and dry, or at least slow walk the funding. Why should they be beneficiaries of something they were so adamantly against? And when they whine, they can just be asked if they supported the bill and voted for it. Screw ‘em.

She wasn’t thinking baker’s dozen.

“That 13 House Republicans provided the votes needed to pass this is absurd,” Rep. Chip Roy (R-Tex.) said.

Others threatened before the vote to target or launch primaries against the defectors in their midst.

Vote for this infrastructure bill and I will primary the hell out of you,” Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) said shortly before the vote.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), in her typically understated fashion, warned last week that any Republican who voted for the bill would be “a traitor to our party, a traitor to their voters and a traitor to our donors.” After the vote, she accused the 13 of having voted to “pass Joe Biden’s Communist takeover of America” and tweeted the phone numbers to their congressional offices (while for some reason only listing 12 of the 13).

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    WAY TO GO JOE! 
    Anyone else liking this?

Biden hails ‘monumental step forward’ as Democrats pass infrastructure bill

The president will sign $1tn package into law after House ended months-long standoff by approving bipartisan deal

Joe Biden saluted a “monumental step forward as a nation” on Saturday, after House Democrats finally reached agreement and sent a $1tn infrastructure package to his desk to be signed, a huge boost for an administration which has struggled for victories.
    “This is a blue-collar blueprint to rebuild America,” Biden said, “and it’s long overdue.”

There was also a setback, however, as Democrats postponed a vote on an even larger bill. That 10-year, $1.85tn spending plan to bolster health, family and climate change programmes, known as Build Back Better, was sidetracked after centrists demanded a cost estimate from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO). Biden said he was confident he could get it passed.

Walking out to address reporters at the White House, the president began with a joke at the expense of his predecessor, Donald Trump.

“Finally, it’s infrastructure week,” he said.

Under Trump, the administration’s failure to focus on infrastructure amid constant scandal became a national punchline.

“We’re just getting started,” Biden said. “It is something that’s long overdue but long has been talked about in Washington but never actually been done.

More at link

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    I hope President Biden’s executive branch funnels the dollars to the dem and repub districts that voted Yea, leaving the nays high and dry, or at least slow walk the funding. Why should they be beneficiaries of something they were so adamantly against? And when they whine, they can just be asked if they supported the bill and voted for it. Screw ‘em.

She wasn’t thinking baker’s dozen.

“That 13 House Republicans provided the votes needed to pass this is absurd,” Rep. Chip Roy (R-Tex.) said.

Others threatened before the vote to target or launch primaries against the defectors in their midst.

Vote for this infrastructure bill and I will primary the hell out of you,” Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) said shortly before the vote.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), in her typically understated fashion, warned last week that any Republican who voted for the bill would be “a traitor to our party, a traitor to their voters and a traitor to our donors.” After the vote, she accused the 13 of having voted to “pass Joe Biden’s Communist takeover of America” and tweeted the phone numbers to their congressional offices (while for some reason only listing 12 of the 13).

AOC voted against it. Nicole Maliotakis voted for it. So would south Brooklyn get money but not AOCs district? I’m for this! Great idea Halifax! 
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    WAY TO GO JOE! 
    Anyone else liking this?

Biden hails ‘monumental step forward’ as Democrats pass infrastructure bill

The president will sign $1tn package into law after House ended months-long standoff by approving bipartisan deal

Joe Biden saluted a “monumental step forward as a nation” on Saturday, after House Democrats finally reached agreement and sent a $1tn infrastructure package to his desk to be signed, a huge boost for an administration which has struggled for victories.
    “This is a blue-collar blueprint to rebuild America,” Biden said, “and it’s long overdue.”

There was also a setback, however, as Democrats postponed a vote on an even larger bill. That 10-year, $1.85tn spending plan to bolster health, family and climate change programmes, known as Build Back Better, was sidetracked after centrists demanded a cost estimate from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO). Biden said he was confident he could get it passed.

Walking out to address reporters at the White House, the president began with a joke at the expense of his predecessor, Donald Trump.

“Finally, it’s infrastructure week,” he said.

Under Trump, the administration’s failure to focus on infrastructure amid constant scandal became a national punchline.

“We’re just getting started,” Biden said. “It is something that’s long overdue but long has been talked about in Washington but never actually been done.

More at link

Odd that in two days, no one here has said a word about this.  I thought it was a big deal.
    Cartoon Man Shrugging Shoulders Stock Vector - Illustration of hand  cartoon 37016344

• Options
    OK maybe if we read Heather's letter... now can we talk about the infrastructure bill?  :lol:
    It's so weird to me that everyone here has opinions about everything else, but not this.  Odd.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,157
    brianlux said:
    OK maybe if we read Heather's letter... now can we talk about the infrastructure bill?  :lol:
    It's so weird to me that everyone here has opinions about everything else, but not this.  Odd.
    you'll note minimal traffic on weekends. people are out living and getting out of work by wasting time here....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    you'll note minimal traffic on weekends. people are out living and getting out of work by wasting time here....

Have a great day all.

Post edited by brianlux on

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,739
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

I'm mostly retired and the work I do is on my own time these days with my book business, so it's easy for me to check in here pretty much whenever I want.  But I have noticed that some posters here only seem to show up during regular weekday business hours and are seldom seen in the evening or on weekends.  It leads me to wonder if people are actually at work and getting paid to spend time on a rock band's fan site.  It kind of boggles my mind to think about that. 

Many people spend days in meetings and if you're not on point,  then checking here passes the day. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

I'm mostly retired and the work I do is on my own time these days with my book business, so it's easy for me to check in here pretty much whenever I want.  But I have noticed that some posters here only seem to show up during regular weekday business hours and are seldom seen in the evening or on weekends.  It leads me to wonder if people are actually at work and getting paid to spend time on a rock band's fan site.  It kind of boggles my mind to think about that. 

Many people spend days in meetings and if you're not on point,  then checking here passes the day. 

Enjoy the day and take care.

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Thats why the Chinese are kicking your ass.  That don't waste work hours on a bands website...hell no.  They spend time on world domination..
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Thats why the Chinese are kicking your ass.  That don't waste work hours on a bands website...hell no.  They spend time on world domination..
    Oh please.  Give me a break. Why aren't you adding to the GDP right now. 
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

I'm not picking on anyone.  I just never have had a job where I would get paid to waste time.  I like being productive. That's just me, that's all.  Who am I to judge?
    You're carrying false assumptions about what people can do during work,  especially meetings. 
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,392
    Perhaps access to affordable high speed internet will increase traffic on this website. Great for AMT discussions, bad for random poster drops.

Thread integrity?
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

I'm not picking on anyone.  I just never have had a job where I would get paid to waste time.  I like being productive. That's just me, that's all.  Who am I to judge?
    You're carrying false assumptions about what people can do during work,  especially meetings. 
    Hope the weather is fine your way.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

Easy, M.  I said "It leads me to wonder ..."    I made no accusations.  Besides, what I said has been admitted at at least one person here before, but person to not be named. 

Man, this time change seems to be making people touchy as hell today.  Fucking stupid time change!
    Not at all.  I'm just saying I think your assumptions are inaccurate that people are being unproductive (based on teh statement that you like to be productive).  For me, I'm in meetings basically 9 hours per day, almost continuously.  I have to have an outlet during the day to keep me sharp and interested.  I can't just sit and listen to people present decks or show spreadsheets.  I don't think it's uncommon.  
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

Have a great day.

• Options
    Have a good day all.  I'm outta here and changes all most posts.  I don't come here to argue.  Peace.

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mrussel1 said:
    You don't laugh much do you...lol. It's called retirement.  And I don't spend my money on useless material things...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    You don't laugh much do you...lol. It's called retirement.  And I don't spend my money on useless material things...
     It's literally impossible to know when you're kidding, if that's a joke.  

The reason China is winning is because they manipulate their currency,  oppress their workers,  repress dissent and hold down wages to their peasant population.  It's not because white collar workers might hang on a band website during the day. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

The reason China is winning is because they manipulate their currency,  oppress their workers,  repress dissent and hold down wages to their peasant population.  It's not because white collar workers might hang on a band website during the day. 
    They also start global pandemics and get away with it 😬😬
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yeah no shit. We have no recourse either. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yup. It’s a shame. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yup. It’s a shame. 
    Sadly Americans that choose not to get vaxxed will face more consequences than Chyna.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yup. It’s a shame. 
    Sadly Americans that choose not to get vaxxed will face more consequences than Chyna.

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yup. It’s a shame. 

I meant GYNA!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden