Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    here is one of the two people blowing up biden's agenda. nothing pisses me off more than people who constantly underdress. she is in the senate chamber and as far as i know it is not casual friday. it's like "i am gonna show up to work dressing like some of the insurrectionists" or something. maybe she is dressing for the job she wants, ie no longer in the senate, rather than the job she has.

She needs a tan pantsuit.
    I haven't figured her out.  I mean I get Manchin, and I get he is representing his state which is pretty conservative, poor, and tied to dirty energy for jobs.  But what's her story?  I don't understand. 
    she is bought and paid for. she is being paid to sabotage the biden agenda.

the only reason she is not switching to gop is because she would have to give up all of her power. she would just be one of the many. in the democratic party she has a say on anything the dems try to pass because she is a likely holdout on many bills.
    Bought and paid by whom?  As far as I can tell she is:

Pro choice
    Pro gun control
    Pro Obamacare
    Pro Fed education standards
    Anti-wall
    Anti-kick out the immigrants

and more..

She's a pretty down the line Democrat and none of her key yes/no positions fall into the right side of the aisle.  She's just right of most of the party, but does not cross the line.  The difference is that she isn't moving her position right now.  So I'm wondering what gets her there. 
    her net worth shot up from I believe 31k to over a million after becoming a senator...that's a huge increase in two years for a $174,000 a year position. I'd say follow the money. Follow the fortuitous investments etc.  I'm sure some outlet will provide some insight if the stonewalling continues.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,275
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    here is one of the two people blowing up biden's agenda. nothing pisses me off more than people who constantly underdress. she is in the senate chamber and as far as i know it is not casual friday. it's like "i am gonna show up to work dressing like some of the insurrectionists" or something. maybe she is dressing for the job she wants, ie no longer in the senate, rather than the job she has.

I haven't figured her out.  I mean I get Manchin, and I get he is representing his state which is pretty conservative, poor, and tied to dirty energy for jobs.  But what's her story?  I don't understand. 

the only reason she is not switching to gop is because she would have to give up all of her power. she would just be one of the many. in the democratic party she has a say on anything the dems try to pass because she is a likely holdout on many bills.

Pro choice
    Pro gun control
    Pro Obamacare
    Anti-wall

and more..

She's a pretty down the line Democrat and none of her key yes/no positions fall into the right side of the aisle.  She's just right of most of the party, but does not cross the line.  The difference is that she isn't moving her position right now.  So I'm wondering what gets her there. 
    her net worth shot up from I believe 31k to over a million after becoming a senator...that's a huge increase in two years for a $174,000 a year position. I'd say follow the money. Follow the fortuitous investments etc.  I'm sure some outlet will provide some insight if the stonewalling continues.
    I wonder if there's ever been a senator who has not seen his or her new worth shoot way up after entering office...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    that is, in my opinion, the biggest issue facing american politics. the fact that this extreme lobbying is allowed. buying a politician is just done, wide out in the open. it's completely accepted. it's unbelievable. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pro choice
    Pro gun control
    Pro Obamacare
    Anti-wall

and more..

I wonder if there's ever been a senator who has not seen his or her new worth shoot way up after entering office...
    5x her yearly salary in just 2 years seems an awful high shoot.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,768
    Settle down Karen.#FJB

the thing that is funny is that you think you are triggering the dems with your memes. we just laugh at them.

but your party has no platform other than owning and triggering the libs, so i honestly expect nothing else from you guys.
    You're wrong they do have a platform. It's  a multi- pronged platform made up of...

Conspiracy theories
    Fear
    Hate
    Ignorance 
    Jealous 
    Lies
    Misogyny 
    Racism
    Xenophobia
    i detect no lies here. 

dont forget billionaire and corporate tsx cuts
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pro choice
    Pro gun control
    Pro Obamacare
    Anti-wall

and more..

I call bullshit on that.  
  • Options
    that is, in my opinion, the biggest issue facing american politics. the fact that this extreme lobbying is allowed. buying a politician is just done, wide out in the open. it's completely accepted. it's unbelievable. 
    This is bullshit too.  No offense. It's illegal and prosecuted.  
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    If Sinema was paid outside her 174k, that's a crime.  If she benefited by inside trading,  that's a crime.  Net worth from 31k to over a million in two years? Impossible.  It would be all over the FBI radar. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    If Sinema was paid outside her 174k, that's a crime.  If she benefited by inside trading,  that's a crime.  Net worth from 31k to over a million in two years? Impossible.  It would be all over the FBI radar. 

did she "write" a book?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

did she "write" a book?

she has. 2. 2009(see screen shot) and one on Rwanda in 2015...

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pro choice
    Pro gun control
    Pro Obamacare
    Anti-wall

and more..

for starters she can speak to her constituents. here she is apologizing to tim scott, republican, because a constituent is asking her a question.

she is against climate change legislation, which is probably the biggest issue of our time.

she sucked up to mcconnell just before doing the famous "thumbs down" on the minimum wage hike, which is also a cornerstone of the dem platform.

i've got other examples but will have to come back and provide them due to work.

2 people are holding up all of the progress. manchin has a thread. she is the other one, and she deserves ridicule.

1. I don't think she has an obligation to stop and talk to anyone who wants to talk to her in the airport.  How many times do you think this has happened to her?  How many times would you put up with it, especially when the person's questions are about lobbyists and corporate donors.  Oh yeah, and there's someone on teh other side filming.  Fuck that, I wouldn't talk to her either.  

2. Why do you think she is against climate change legislation? Just becuase someone votes against a particular bill doesn't mean they are climate deniers.  This is too general of  astatement and every thing I've read about her in the past is she is for climate legislation and thinks we should regulate and reduce green house gases.  

I have no opinion of her.  But she's a democrat.. sorry.  If you are pro choice, pro gun control, pro obamacare, you're a D.  Maybe she isn't D enough for everyone, but she's a D.  My questino is what is her end game. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

did she "write" a book?
    Why is that in quotes?  

Is writing a book now the same as taking bribes and getting insider trading?  Bernie wrote some fucking books too.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

did she "write" a book?
    Why is that in quotes?  

Is writing a book now the same as taking bribes and getting insider trading?  Bernie wrote some fucking books too.  

usually done by ghost writer, no?

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

did she "write" a book?
    Why is that in quotes?  

Maybe.  Certainly for some.  But doesn't make a difference. It isn't corrupt. 

Didn't you say they were written before she was senator?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

did she "write" a book?
    Why is that in quotes?  

Maybe.  Certainly for some.  But doesn't make a difference. It isn't corrupt. 

Didn't you say they were written before she was senator?

yes, Arizona House for the one I screenshotted and US House for the second in 2015

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,543

What you  can't  see are the cargo shorts and flip flops
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pro choice
    Pro gun control
    Pro Obamacare
    Anti-wall

and more..

I call bullshit on that.  
    https://www.opensecrets.org/personal-finances/kyrsten-sinema/net-worth?cid=N00033983&year=2018  Their data only goes to 2018 currently.   If the current reporting of $1m is accurate we will know soon enough.  It’s certainly not a stretch to say that something is off here.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pro choice
    Pro gun control
    Pro Obamacare
    Anti-wall

and more..

I call bullshit on that.  
    https://www.opensecrets.org/personal-finances/kyrsten-sinema/net-worth?cid=N00033983&year=2018  Their data only goes to 2018 currently.   If the current reporting of $1m is accurate we will know soon enough.  It’s certainly not a stretch to say that something is off here.
    Do you really think she is so stupid as to pocket 800K in illegal, corrupt payments AND THEN report it as required by law?  I did some quick internet sleuthing and there is no basis for the $1MM net worth and the 30K is an estimate by open secrets.  It seems like twitter is driving this narrative.  
  • Options
    And if she is worth a million, it would be from legitimate book sales or the like.  The two articles I read said that she accepted 750K in donations from pharmaceuticals.  Maybe that's right but that doesn't go to her personally and then get reported in her net worth.  The articles are connecting the two for the least sophisticated reader, without slandering her direclty.
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pro choice
    Pro gun control
    Pro Obamacare
    Anti-wall

and more..

I call bullshit on that.  

yes, the website is. those are two entries of retirement plans in Arizona for public employees. first as a state rep then a state senator. before she served 3 terms in Congress, which she was seated in in 2018...Then she was elected to Senate...

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pro choice
    Pro gun control
    Pro Obamacare
    Anti-wall

and more..

I call bullshit on that.  

yes, the website is. those are two entries of retirement plans in Arizona for public employees. first as a state rep then a state senator. before she served 3 terms in Congress, which she was seated in in 2018...Then she was elected to Senate...
    mrussel1 said:
    And if she is worth a million, it would be from legitimate book sales or the like.  The two articles I read said that she accepted 750K in donations from pharmaceuticals.  Maybe that's right but that doesn't go to her personally and then get reported in her net worth.  The articles are connecting the two for the least sophisticated reader, without slandering her direclty.
    My bad well I guess that clears it up.  There is obviously no foul play with Sinema.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pro choice
    Pro gun control
    Pro Obamacare
    Anti-wall

and more..

I call bullshit on that.  

mrussel1 said:
    My bad well I guess that clears it up.  There is obviously no foul play with Sinema.
    So we assume corruption based on twitter accusations? Is that where we are these days?
  • Options
    Well, she did accept $2,900 from someone named Nazi. That might explain everything.

https://www.fec.gov/data/candidate/S8AZ00197/
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718

Agreed!  Give her a shovel or a guitar or something, anything get get her out of a place she doesn't belong in.  Seriously, I'm no Robert Fripp when it comes to dressing, but I also do most of my work in a garage turned bookstore.  She's an embarrassment. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pro choice
    Pro gun control
    Pro Obamacare
    Anti-wall

and more..

I call bullshit on that.  

mrussel1 said:

no. it simply shows incomplete info on that source. it doesnt seem to list any other assets like real estate, stock portfolio, income from the 2 books with her name on the cover, what if anything she gained from her divorce etc

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,275
    edited October 2021
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    When do we get to start attacking Biden for his handling of COVID? We're getting closer everyday to more COVID deaths under Biden than Trump. The big difference is that Biden has a vaccine when Trump did not yet people are still dying. How's that plan working out "buck stops with me" Joe?

come on now. Biden is putting plans in place to protect americans and R's are fighting him every step of the way. so it's joe's fault when R's are killing their own constituents?
    I know plenty of D's that are refusing to take the vaccine. If you keep calling them R's, they won't be D's for long.

I was referring to the governors (hence the phrase " killing their own constituents"). I haven't seen any D governors refusing mandates of any kind.
    Not yet but we do have D Governors claiming to be saviors. https://www.yahoo.com/now/inslee-only-person-saving-lives-200000912.html

"There is only one person in the state of Washington who has the capability to save those lives right now, and it happens to be the governor of the state of Washington," Inslee said Wednesday.

nice pivot. 
    Nice pivot to governors like you did? How many R governors have you seen enforce rules upon their constituents but then don't live by those rules themselves? There have been many D governors that made rules for the people but then disregard those rules for themselves.

Not only D governors do this, our own president does this: https://news.yahoo.com/video-biden-walking-ritzy-dc-183400056.html

That photo is outside the restaurant.  That's in Georgetown and they have palms surrounding the entrance.  

The video looks like it is inside.

Yes, that looks inside.  

So you think Biden is not doing enough to stop the virus?  What more do you think he should be doing that would make a difference?  I think if you asked all of us in 2020 what more Trump could do, we'd have about 50 answers.  So I'm curious where you think Biden needs more aggressive policies.  
    I think that if you'd given Trump those 50 answers, it wouldn't have made a difference just like Biden doing what he can isn't going to make a difference. The difference is that people still blame Trump for the COVID deaths that happened under his admin but Biden does not get that same judgement.

Biden has more knowledge and tools to fight COVID than Trump ever did yet more people are dying under Biden.

hi  @JB16057

https://www.newsweek.com/birx-estimates-trump-admin-could-have-prevented-30-40-percent-covid-deaths-1642753

Birx Estimates Trump Admin Could Have Prevented 30 to 40 Percent of COVID Deaths

BY KATHERINE FUNG ON 10/26/21 AT 2:14 PM EDT
    02:36

The Trump administration's former coronavirus advisor, Dr. Deborah Birx, estimated that 30 to 40 percent of the 738,000 COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. could have been prevented had the White House taken necessary steps to curb the spread of the virus.

In a closed-door testimony conducted by the House Select Coronavirus Subcommittee on October 12 and 13, Birx testified that more than 130,000 American lives could have been saved if the administration promoted mask-wearing and social distancing in the early days of the pandemic.

"I believe if we had fully implemented the mask mandates, the reduction in indoor dining, the getting friends and family to understand the risk of gathering in private homes, and we had increased testing, that we probably could have decreased fatalities into the 30 percent less to 40 percent less range," Birx said, according to excerpts shared by the committee.

Asked whether former President Donald Trump did everything he could have to handle the pandemic, Birx said, "No, and I've said that to the White House in general, and I believe I was very clear to the president in specifics of what I needed him to do."

The former health official also accused Trump's team of being "distracted" from the national COVID-19 response, turning their efforts to campaigning for the 2020 election instead.

Birx said that because no one was at the White House, the White House's COVID-19 task force did not hold regular meetings.

"They were actively campaigning and not as present in the White House as previously," she testified.

"I felt like the White House had gotten somewhat complacent through the campaign season, and I wanted to make sure that as soon as everyone was back the day after the election, that people would comprehensively reengage," she added.

Since leaving the administration in January, Birx has expressed regret over how she handled her role as one of Trump's top health advisers and has alleged that senior administration officials censored her warnings on the severity of the pandemic.

However, during Birx's time with the Trump administration, she often praised the former president for his understanding of pandemic data and advised top officials that the COVID-19 situation had improved by April and May of 2020.

In her remarks to the House panel, Birx also slammed Dr. Scott Atlas, a Trump adviser who advocated for herd immunity, saying she had repeatedly raised issues with Atlas' guidance.

"I was constantly raising the alert in the doctors' meetings of the depth of my concern about Dr. Atlas' position, Dr. Atlas' access, Dr. Atlas' theories and hypothesis, and the depths and breadths of my concern," Birx said. "I made it clear that I would not attend meetings where he would be present kind of to create a line in the sand."

The subcommittee's chairman, Representative James Clyburn, said Birx's interview shed light on why the Trump administration's COVID-19 response was at times confusing and contradictory.

"President Trump's prioritization of politics, contempt for science, and refusal to follow the advice of public health experts undermined the nation's ability to respond effectively to the coronavirus crisis," Clyburn said in a statement. "The Trump White House's prioritization of election year politics over the pandemic response—even as cases surged last fall—is among the worst failures of leadership in American history."

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pro choice
    Pro gun control
    Pro Obamacare
    Anti-wall

and more..

I call bullshit on that.  

mrussel1 said:
    So we assume corruption based on twitter accusations? Is that where we are these days?
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pro choice
    Pro gun control
    Pro Obamacare
    Anti-wall

and more..

I call bullshit on that.  

mrussel1 said:

no. it simply shows incomplete info on that source. it doesnt seem to list any other assets like real estate, stock portfolio, income from the 2 books with her name on the cover, what if anything she gained from her divorce etc
    If it smells like a rat and looks like a rat and acts like a rat it is probably a rat.  This goes for Manchin as well.  At least with manchin he has vocalize what his desires are.  Sinemas own state party is looking for someone to primary her in the next election and it seems like her constituents are none too happy.  It is odd that someone that ran for many years as a green, then a progressive has taken the republican minus wedge issues position.  There is surely money behind this.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pro choice
    Pro gun control
    Pro Obamacare
    Anti-wall

and more..

I call bullshit on that.  

mrussel1 said:
    Isn't that why there was so much scrutiny of trump that came to nothing so far?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pro choice
    Pro gun control
    Pro Obamacare
    Anti-wall

and more..

I call bullshit on that.  

mrussel1 said:
    Isn't that why there was so much scrutiny of trump that came to nothing so far?
    By your own logic,  that means Sinema is clean.