Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,727
    nicknyr15 said:
    good thing we have a prez who won't tweet about his approval numbers from the golden toilet at 3am. haha
    When I saw this link posted, there was not a single doubt in my mind that whoever responded to it was going to bring up Trump. Wasn't expecting his toilet to be involved, but here we are. 

A good point that article makes is to basically forget about Trump for a moment (if that's possible) and compare Biden to normal presidents. When you do, Biden's approval rating is a full 10 points lower than Obama's was at this point in his presidency. Could be just an "in the moment" sort of thing following this Afghanistan stuff. Or maybe his approval will begin declining. Too early to tell. 
    Not really. Instead of cherry picking polls, just go to the 538 average:
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/?ex_cid=rrpromo

12 points higher than Trump
    3 points below Obama
    3 points below Bush
    6 points above Clinton

I think hovering right around 50% is pretty normal in a divided country. I would bet his numbers continue to slide for the coming weeks or maybe months, levelling off right around 50% by the end of the year. 

Also, Chris Cillizza is trash. I don't understand how he still has a job. 

Well the poll from that article that lists Biden at 49% is the 538 average. But yeah number on Obama I provided is from only Gallup. Not sure why this article would link to the same 538 page you do....but then not use their numbers for Obama, Bush, etc. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,265
    edited August 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    good thing we have a prez who won't tweet about his approval numbers from the golden toilet at 3am. haha
    When I saw this link posted, there was not a single doubt in my mind that whoever responded to it was going to bring up Trump. Wasn't expecting his toilet to be involved, but here we are. 

A good point that article makes is to basically forget about Trump for a moment (if that's possible) and compare Biden to normal presidents. When you do, Biden's approval rating is a full 10 points lower than Obama's was at this point in his presidency. Could be just an "in the moment" sort of thing following this Afghanistan stuff. Or maybe his approval will begin declining. Too early to tell. 

3 points below Obama
    3 points below Bush
    6 points above Clinton

I think hovering right around 50% is pretty normal in a divided country. I would bet his numbers continue to slide for the coming weeks or maybe months, levelling off right around 50% by the end of the year. 

Well the poll from that article that lists Biden at 49% is the 538 average. But yeah number on Obama I provided is from only Gallup. Not sure why this article would link to the same 538 page you do....but then not use their numbers for Obama, Bush, etc. 
    ...because Chris Cillizza is a sensationalist piece of trash journalist desperate for clicks. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

when I posted my reply, there wasn't a single doubt in my mind that someone would criticize a mention of trump, even though it was obviously a joke. 

and here we are. 

I really don't give two fucks about an approval rating. the former guy is the one who made a big deal about it every other day. sometimes the people don't understand the big picture of things in the immediate present; as you said, his rating over time is what will matter when it comes to 2022. 
    BUT here we are. Not AND here we are. Come on, now...
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

3 points below Obama
    3 points below Bush
    6 points above Clinton

...because Chris Cillizza is a sensationalist piece of trash journalist desperate for clicks. lol

You're our resident poll guy, I'll take your word for it. I've never even heard of him. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

3 points below Obama
    3 points below Bush
    6 points above Clinton

You're our resident poll guy, I'll take your word for it. I've never even heard of him. 
    I unfollowed him on twitter a year ago he's so bad. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

3 points below Obama
    3 points below Bush
    6 points above Clinton

I had to the do the same thing with Lenny Dykstra lol 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

3 points below Obama
    3 points below Bush
    6 points above Clinton

Me too! At first, I loved seeing him pop up on twitter, but, yeah....he's way too out there and crazy for me. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

3 points below Obama
    3 points below Bush
    6 points above Clinton

Me too! At first, I loved seeing him pop up on twitter, but, yeah....he's way too out there and crazy for me. 
    I remember his first day on Twitter. He was live-tweeting a re-run of Full House, and it was legitimately funny. Stuff like "Is that Mary Kate or Ashley?" or "Uncle Jessie totally wants to bang Kimmie Gibbler." I'm thought he'd be a perfect twitter-follow. But it was downhill after that. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    nicknyr15 said:

when I posted my reply, there wasn't a single doubt in my mind that someone would criticize a mention of trump, even though it was obviously a joke. 

and here we are. 

I really don't give two fucks about an approval rating. the former guy is the one who made a big deal about it every other day. sometimes the people don't understand the big picture of things in the immediate present; as you said, his rating over time is what will matter when it comes to 2022. 
    BUT here we are. Not AND here we are. Come on, now...
    "but" is used if it's something unexpected (toilet). "and" is used when it is expected. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:

3 points below Obama
    3 points below Bush
    6 points above Clinton

I remember his first day on Twitter. He was live-tweeting a re-run of Full House, and it was legitimately funny. Stuff like "Is that Mary Kate or Ashley?" or "Uncle Jessie totally wants to bang Kimmie Gibbler." I'm thought he'd be a perfect twitter-follow. But it was downhill after that. 
    I gave his feed a quick once over after you brought him up. He seems like a zanier, more drugged out, version of Curt Schilling at this point. I'll pass. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

3 points below Obama
    3 points below Bush
    6 points above Clinton

I gave his feed a quick once over after you brought him up. He seems like a zanier, more drugged out, version of Curt Schilling at this point. I'll pass. 
    We'll always have 1993. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,960
    nicknyr15 said:

3 points below Obama
    3 points below Bush
    6 points above Clinton

He's insane...his Stern interviews are nuts
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

3 points below Obama
    3 points below Bush
    6 points above Clinton

We'll always have 1993. 
    Always thought he'd make a great manager one day. When I say "always," I mean up until about twenty years ago. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Take that olive branch and hit it over your head. Stupid stupid left. 

to be continued...

there's too good of surf
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,758

to be continued...

there's too good of surf
    Do you surf? I forget. 
  • Options
    Love my “Ridin’ With Biden” shirt…
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,756

to be continued...

there's too good of surf

Biden invited them to Camp David and came to agreement on our withdrawal?

wow. msm really dropped the ball that day....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831

to be continued...

there's too good of surf
    cognitive dissonance is a real thing. 

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

to be continued...

there's too good of surf

This was in Doha,Qatar , AFTER fuckstick was talked out of a summit for peace at Camp David ON Sept 11........
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,482
    mickeyrat said:

to be continued...

there's too good of surf

This was in Doha,Qatar , AFTER fuckstick was talked out of a summit for peace at Camp David ON Sept 11........
    But but… but Biden’s old and stutters!!!!!
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,106
    mickeyrat said:

to be continued...

there's too good of surf

All true. And creepy as fuck. But that cool, as long as we are going to make Trump the baseline I guess we aren’t going to be able to criticize any future president. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,482
    mickeyrat said:

to be continued...

there's too good of surf

All true. And creepy as fuck. But that cool, as long as we are going to make Trump the baseline I guess we aren’t going to be able to criticize any future president. 
    What’s the problem with using trump as a baseline when he was the only other option? If we were 2 or 3 presidents removed, I could see this point of view, but it was either or, so the comparison is fair. 

Also, you don’t see the problem w/ inferring senility because he stutters? If that isn’t punching below the belt, what is? 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

to be continued...

there's too good of surf

criticism surrounding afghanistan and the pull-out , of which some is absolutely valid, needs to include fuckstick and many of his stupid fucking moves here.

bush and obama own their own parts to this.

but some of the current narrative as if biden did all this on his own, isnt fair. I hope you would agree with at least some of this.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629

to be continued...

there's too good of surf
    Wait!  Are you the guy that played Torrey when it was closed?  How'd you pull that off?  Did Kelly Slater make a phone call for you?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    mrussel1 said:

to be continued...

there's too good of surf
    Wait!  Are you the guy that played Torrey when it was closed?  How'd you pull that off?  Did Kelly Slater make a phone call for you?
    He played Torrey Pines the same day he surfed Nazare 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,538
    Torrey Pines is nothing to brag about.  
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,237
    mrussel1 said:

to be continued...

there's too good of surf
    No, but I think AC Slater got him a date with Jessie.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:

to be continued...

there's too good of surf
    No, but I think AC Slater got him a date with Jessie.
    And Screech pulled a dirty Sanchez on him?
  • Options
    Biden’s approval numbers have not dropped as far as I thought they would by now
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

LOL. Losers be losing.