#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    Ok let’s get back on message! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,668
    What a sad address to the nation. Can’t even understand him. Looks defeated and about to cry. You can really tell he didn’t want to drop out. Almost feel sorry for him.
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 1,002
    I’ve been critical of Biden but that speech was about as good as could have been expected from him. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Posts: 36,680
    edited July 25
    The cross section of repubs who love musk yet seem to hate everything he seems to be about (progress), which they don’t even seem to realize, is interesting. My bro in law in Green Bay has a Tesla, and he is often called a traitor to his country (he’s a dual US/CDN citizen) by the trumpers who love musk is hilarious. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,506
    The cross section of repubs who love musk yet seem to hate everything he seems to be about (progress), which they don’t even seem to realize, is interesting. My bro in law in Green Bay has a Tesla, and he is often called a traitor to his country (he’s a dual US/CDN citizen) by the trumpers who love musk is hilarious. 
    Yes, Musk the foreign born billionaire with 12 kids from 16 wives, that makes EVs funded by gov't subsidies is a favorite of Fox and the right wing.  Makes total sense. 
    teskeinc said:
    What a sad address to the nation. Can’t even understand him. Looks defeated and about to cry. You can really tell he didn’t want to drop out. Almost feel sorry for him.
    Damn what would make you happy please share what you think a sitting president that just resigned what message he should have used in this address? Please enlighten us 
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,987
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:

musk is giving trump 45 million a month through the election. he is basically a trump shill. his opinion does not matter to most of us. 
    Musk said today he really isn't.  Trolled the Trump campaign I guess.  Maybe it's because TSLA reported earnings today and they are down 10% for today and afterhours. The missed revenue numbers and that's with **$890MM** in regulatory credits they received for the period.  Yes, that's right, Elon the South African who hates all of the takers in this country received almost a billion in regulatory credits.  
    i will bet he is totally giving 45 million a month and then denying it. it is not like anybody is going to hold him to his word or anything. 

he has lost a lot of us as customers forever. many will never ever buy a tesla, and many will never use twitter again.

LOL -- for me, a Tesla might as well be a red baseball cap. I bought a plug-in hybrid instead; I'm having a charger installed at my house, and my only requirement for it was "not Tesla." Eff that guy.

I'm absolutely certain that they're just getting started with the misogynistic comments about Harris. The most off-putting thing, to me, is seeing women who engage in that behavior themselves -- you know, "DEI candidate," "she was just handed the job," "has she even done anything?" I think these are the same women who, in 2016, brushed off the "Access Hollywood" tape and stories of sexual assault with "Oh, that's just how men are! Lighten up!" and wore shirts that said "I'd let T---p grab my p---y." I was raised in a time/place where that attitude was prevalent, and I just shudder thinking about what I was told to just "relax!" and laugh off.

Anyway. I'm sad to see Joe step back, but I was reminded again tonight that it's the right thing for him to do.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:

musk is giving trump 45 million a month through the election. he is basically a trump shill. his opinion does not matter to most of us. 
    Musk said today he really isn't.  Trolled the Trump campaign I guess.  Maybe it's because TSLA reported earnings today and they are down 10% for today and afterhours. The missed revenue numbers and that's with **$890MM** in regulatory credits they received for the period.  Yes, that's right, Elon the South African who hates all of the takers in this country received almost a billion in regulatory credits.  
    i will bet he is totally giving 45 million a month and then denying it. it is not like anybody is going to hold him to his word or anything. 

he has lost a lot of us as customers forever. many will never ever buy a tesla, and many will never use twitter again.

LOL -- for me, a Tesla might as well be a red baseball cap. I bought a plug-in hybrid instead; I'm having a charger installed at my house, and my only requirement for it was "not Tesla." Eff that guy.

I'm absolutely certain that they're just getting started with the misogynistic comments about Harris. The most off-putting thing, to me, is seeing women who engage in that behavior themselves -- you know, "DEI candidate," "she was just handed the job," "has she even done anything?" I think these are the same women who, in 2016, brushed off the "Access Hollywood" tape and stories of sexual assault with "Oh, that's just how men are! Lighten up!" and wore shirts that said "I'd let T---p grab my p---y." I was raised in a time/place where that attitude was prevalent, and I just shudder thinking about what I was told to just "relax!" and laugh off.

Anyway. I'm sad to see Joe step back, but I was reminded again tonight that it's the right thing for him to do.

Yep bowed out gracefully it takes more than a mere man to do that on the world stage! 
    teskeinc said:
    What an awful take. You should be embarrassed. 

www.headstonesband.com

• sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:

Yep bowed out gracefully it takes more than a mere man to do that on the world stage! 
    Bowed out gracefully? Ha ha! What a joke.
    Joey was ORDERED by Obama, Pelosi and Schumer to quit or get forced out by the 25th Amendment.

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,643
    shecky said:
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:

Bowed out gracefully? Ha ha! What a joke.
    Joey was ORDERED by Obama, Pelosi and Schumer to quit or get forced out by the 25th Amendment.

“Forced” out. Bahahahahahahaha 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,789
    A terrific speech by president Biden.  To think otherwise would be blind, foolish, or simply just stirring dust.  It was a great speech from a great president.  One of the best in my life time- and I've live through a bunch of them.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited July 25
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:

That’s so honorable of you. You are a beacon of inspiration to the world. A true signal of virtue.
    Post edited by teskeinc on
    brianlux said:
    A terrific speech by president Biden.  To think otherwise would be blind, foolish, or simply just stirring dust.  It was a great speech from a great president.  One of the best in my life time- and I've live through a bunch of them.
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Says it all for me:
    Democratic Party - President Joe Biden brought us back from the pandemic  rebuilt our economy and restored the soul of our nation Our country thanks  him for his historic leadership Were ready

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    brianlux said:
    Joe Biden's speech was nothing but lies.
    Up until this past Saturday, Joe insisted he was staying in the race for the presidency.
    So, why did he end his campaign so suddenly?

There can only be two reasons:

Either the heads of the Democrat party could see that Joe was going to lose terribly to President Trump and demanded he end his campaign or
    Joe's cognitive decline was now so severe and obvious that they could no longer pretend to not see it.

Joe, his family, and those who worked with him on a daily basis obviously knew of his mental condition and they have all put our country in great peril.
    A weak leader makes for a weak country and our enemies around the world can see it.

While we have great sympathy, and empathy, for those suffering from cognitive decline, when an individual and his family puts their ego and personal wants above the safety of a nation, it becomes a selfish act.

If Joe Biden is not fit for running a presidential campaign, he is certainly not fit for the presidency and should resign immediately.

teskeinc said:
    Damn what would make you happy please share what you think a sitting president that just resigned what message he should have used in this address? Please enlighten us 
    He said he always told the truth to the American people. While lying right to our face. His family was crying sitting to his left. Knowing how bad the knife in his back hurt him.

He didn’t save democracy. He was strong armed out by Pelosi, Clooney, Obama and the billionaire donor elite. Why, because polls showed he couldn’t win and the millions stopped flowing to the DNC. And once they sacked Biden, the $$$ flowed like wine. Record setting amounts.

Democrats spit in the face of democracy and shit on 15 million primary voters. All while calling themselves saviors.

At the very least, have an open convention. Pick the best candidate. They went with Kamala, not someone who can win, but someone who hopefully wont lose that bad. Maybe get enough voters out to save a seat or 2 in the Senate so they can stop Trumps agenda. 

shecky said:
    brianlux said:
    Up until this past Saturday, Joe insisted he was staying in the race for the presidency.

Either the heads of the Democrat party could see that Joe was going to lose terribly to President Trump and demanded he end his campaign or
    Joe's cognitive decline was now so severe and obvious that they could no longer pretend to not see it.

Joe, his family, and those who worked with him on a daily basis obviously knew of his mental condition and they have all put our country in great peril.
    A weak leader makes for a weak country and our enemies around the world can see it.

While we have great sympathy, and empathy, for those suffering from cognitive decline, when an individual and his family puts their ego and personal wants above the safety of a nation, it becomes a selfish act.

If Joe Biden is not fit for running a presidential campaign, he is certainly not fit for the presidency and should resign immediately.

Deplorable 
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    He said he always told the truth to the American people. While lying right to our face. His family was crying sitting to his left. Knowing how bad the knife in his back hurt him.

He didn’t save democracy. He was strong armed out by Pelosi, Clooney, Obama and the billionaire donor elite. Why, because polls showed he couldn’t win and the millions stopped flowing to the DNC. And once they sacked Biden, the $$$ flowed like wine. Record setting amounts.

Democrats spit in the face of democracy and shit on 15 million primary voters. All while calling themselves saviors.

At the very least, have an open convention. Pick the best candidate. They went with Kamala, not someone who can win, but someone who hopefully wont lose that bad. Maybe get enough voters out to save a seat or 2 in the Senate so they can stop Trumps agenda. 

Democrats are totally united too bad you’re blinded by the light shining from him! KH has republicans running scared and it’s great to watch them scramble anyway to try to stop her 😂
    shecky said:
    brianlux said:

You sympathy empathy 😂😂 yeah sure just like your hero 😂
    shecky said:
    brianlux said:

Which fox news editorial was this drivel lifted from? 

www.headstonesband.com

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,232
    Can’t blame conservatives for collectively losing their shit here… they just got played by Sleepy Joe. 

Good luck with your aging dementia riddled candidate. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,715
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

Dude your red hat is too tight
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    shecky said:
    brianlux said:

Suddenly? Christ that went on for over two weeks.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

What are you on about? "He didn't save democracy"?  That's....not how democracy works.

Presidential primaries bind delegates to vote for a particular candidate.  Candidates can release their delegates, which happens all the time.  

The Democratic National Convention nominates the party's presidential candidate, which hasn't happened yet.  It's Aug. 19-22 in Chicago.  

Biden’s decision to endorse Harris is not a binding one, Party rules don’t allow Biden to simply select a successor.  
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

What are you on about? "He didn't save democracy"?  That's....not how democracy works.

Presidential primaries bind delegates to vote for a particular candidate.  Candidates can release their delegates, which happens all the time.  

The Democratic National Convention nominates the party's presidential candidate, which hasn't happened yet.  It's Aug. 19-22 in Chicago.  

Biden’s decision to endorse Harris is not a binding one, Party rules don’t allow Biden to simply select a successor.  
    Exactly...funny how magat media seems to take Biden's side as if he has been wronged. It was clearly his decision.

edited July 25
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

Exactly...funny how magat media seems to take Biden's side as if he has been wronged. It was clearly his decision.
    It's very simple.  His political support collapsed.  When that happens, you exit.  

When LBJ's support collapsed in 1968, he exited his re-election campaign.  Truman did the same in 1952.  When Richard Nixon lost the R senators, he resigned the presidency.  This is the appropriate and NOT unprecedented action.  
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

It's very simple.  His political support collapsed.  When that happens, you exit.  

When LBJ's support collapsed in 1968, he exited his re-election campaign.  Truman did the same in 1952.  When Richard Nixon lost the R senators, he resigned the presidency.  This is the appropriate and NOT unprecedented action.  
    I'm seeing magats bitch about Biden's letter being on personal letterhead as they show a side by side of Nixon's resignation letter on WH letterhead. As if the two relate to the same thing.

The ignorance from these people is stunning and fucking ponderous.

mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

I'm seeing magats bitch about Biden's letter being on personal letterhead as they show a side by side of Nixon's resignation letter on WH letterhead. As if the two relate to the same thing.

The ignorance from these people is stunning and fucking ponderous.
    Exactly.  Biden resigned the campaign, Nixon resigned the presidency.  Maybe that little nuance is lost on people that can barely read.