Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    shecky said:
    JojoRice said:
    Laken Riley's parents were invited to the speech last night but they declined the invitation. 
    It has only been two weeks since their daughter's murder so it's understandable why they declined.

At least Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene forced Biden to acknowledge Laken's death, and his role in allowing the murderer to remain in our country after entering illegally 2022 and having been arrested multiple times since then..

Following is an excerpt from a Fox News report:

"As Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga. — wearing a red MAGA hat — shouted "say her name" toward the president, Biden responded by lamenting the young woman's death but appeared to refer to her as "Lincoln Riley" — who is the coach of the University of Southern California Trojans football team. 

"It's not about him. It's not about me. I'd be a winner… " Biden said, referring to former President Trump's alleged intervention in a failed bipartisan border bill before trailing off as Greene appeared to shout "say Laken Riley — say her name."

As boos were heard from the floor, Rep. Pat Fallon, R-Texas, gestured to Greene as Biden reached below his dais and presented a button bearing Riley's name:

"Lincoln — Lincoln Riley," Biden appeared to say. "An innocent young woman who was killed by an illegal. That's right, but how many of the thousands of people being killed by legals — to her parents?"

That last bizarre sentence is pure deranged Joe Biden. Is he claimimg that Laken's murder by an illegal alien is no big deal because "how many of the thousands of people being killed by legals?"

WHAT?!

As if people have never been murdered by illegals before? All of a sudden it's Biden's fault?

Where do you people get your logic? 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,682
    shecky said:
    JojoRice said:
    Laken Riley's parents were invited to the speech last night but they declined the invitation. 
    It has only been two weeks since their daughter's murder so it's understandable why they declined.

At least Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene forced Biden to acknowledge Laken's death, and his role in allowing the murderer to remain in our country after entering illegally 2022 and having been arrested multiple times since then..

"As Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga. — wearing a red MAGA hat — shouted "say her name" toward the president, Biden responded by lamenting the young woman's death but appeared to refer to her as "Lincoln Riley" — who is the coach of the University of Southern California Trojans football team. 

"It's not about him. It's not about me. I'd be a winner… " Biden said, referring to former President Trump's alleged intervention in a failed bipartisan border bill before trailing off as Greene appeared to shout "say Laken Riley — say her name."

As boos were heard from the floor, Rep. Pat Fallon, R-Texas, gestured to Greene as Biden reached below his dais and presented a button bearing Riley's name:

"Lincoln — Lincoln Riley," Biden appeared to say. "An innocent young woman who was killed by an illegal. That's right, but how many of the thousands of people being killed by legals — to her parents?"

That last bizarre sentence is pure deranged Joe Biden. Is he claimimg that Laken's murder by an illegal alien is no big deal because "how many of the thousands of people being killed by legals?"

WHAT?!

Exploiting the murder of someone to score political points is cool, and Pelosi tearing up Trump’s speech when he finished is offensive. Can you make that make sense? 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,254
    That Britt speech was deranged. Clear the GOP was trying to stoke the fears of suburban white women too scared of the cartel and crime. Everything was so staged. The kitchen backdrop, the little gold cross necklace, her mention of being a mom and tossing and turning until 2am because she wasn't sure how she would be in 3 places at once and be home to get dinner on the table. Vomit. I think Leave it to Beaver should have been playing on a TV in the background and they should have shot her video in black and white. MAGA for sure.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,254
    shecky said:
    JojoRice said:

WHAT?!

Exploiting the murder of someone to score political points is cool, and Pelosi tearing up Trump’s speech when he finished is offensive. Can you make that make sense? 
    Every complaint is a reflection of their own party magnified by 10. None of it makes sense.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,935
    tbergs said:
    That Britt speech was deranged. Clear the GOP was trying to stoke the fears of suburban white women too scared of the cartel and crime. Everything was so staged. The kitchen backdrop, the little gold cross necklace, her mention of being a mom and tossing and turning until 2am because she wasn't sure how she would be in 3 places at once and be home to get dinner on the table. Vomit. I think Leave it to Beaver should have been playing on a TV in the background and they should have shot her video in black and white. MAGA for sure.
    Agree on all points.  I was surprised she badmouthed Putin.  That can't sit too well with GOP voters at the moment. 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,684
    tbergs said:
    Agree on all points.  I was surprised she badmouthed Putin.  That can't sit too well with GOP voters at the moment. 
    Her speech is getting ripped from all corners.  Not ready for prime time. Inauthentic,  over the top,  breathless. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    Her speech is getting ripped from all corners.  Not ready for prime time. Inauthentic,  over the top,  breathless. 
    Someone said that was an audition for the VP slot...if so she failed miserably. But if true...another fucking Palin moment. Pick a nice looking woman regardless of her experience and endanger the entire fucking country.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,935
    edited March 8
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    I agree with tbergs that they were " trying to stoke the fears of suburban white women", and sadly I can think of many such people in my life that were probably caught up in the emotion too.  
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,860
    edited March 8
    holy shit that chick is unHINGED. that was fear mongering at its absolute worst. I was waiting for a heil at the end. 

OH MY GOD THAT creep AF "we see you...we hear you" fucking whisper with that evil grin. WTAF
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    haha I'd bet my house on this:

“There is no way that this Katie Britt address does not end up as part of the SNL cold open,” Tom Nichols of The Atlantic wrote.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,767
    Yeah, a drama queen for the GOP.  And she actually had the nerve to imply that Democrats are the one putting out freedom at risk? Fucking ridiculous. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,235

“There is no way that this Katie Britt address does not end up as part of the SNL cold open,” Tom Nichols of The Atlantic wrote.
    dont need to spoof it, just fuckin play original

a masterpiece
  • Options
    if anyone wants to read (I know the magats won't, but they're the ones who should) a fact check of the SOTU, here it is:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/07/politics/fact-check-joe-biden-state-of-the-union/index.html
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    holy shit that chick is unHINGED. that was fear mongering at its absolute worst. I was waiting for a heil at the end. 

OH MY GOD THAT creep AF "we see you...we hear you" fucking whisper with that evil grin. WTAF
    yeah she clearly appealed to the 1% subset of the 34% magat audience with that....to everyone else it was like that shower scene from Psycho

• Options
    "Prior to the address, respondents were asked if they thought Biden’s policies are moving the United States in the right direction. Forty-five percent of speech watchers said Biden is moving the country where it needs to go. After the speech, 62 percent said the same."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4518673-majority-of-americans-had-positive-response-to-bidens-sotu-speech-cnn-poll/

• Options
    Lamestream media giving Joe a pass.  I'm tired of the very liberal and anti- American Drudge Report. 

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,023
    He has since been identified, he's the father, and was arrested afterwards. Father of Marine killed in 2021 attack at Kabul airport arrested at SOTU (msn.com)
    Not cool.  But I wouldn't have him arrested.  
    Yeah, seems a little extreme. Kick him out for sure, maybe give him ticket for disturbing the peace or something if you really feel like you needed to. But arresting him seems a little excessive. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    She looked like she was trying to hard to be emotional. Like she could be an extra in a bad soap opera or something. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    He has since been identified, he's the father, and was arrested afterwards. Father of Marine killed in 2021 attack at Kabul airport arrested at SOTU (msn.com)
    Yeah, seems a little extreme. Kick him out for sure, maybe give him ticket for disturbing the peace or something if you really feel like you needed to. But arresting him seems a little excessive. 
    I don't know. after Jan 6 they probably don't want to fuck around. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    joe is a master at this. maga got owned 2 years in a row.

he called out the supreme court directly to several of their faces. he said that women are not without power and the supreme court is about to feel it.

he set a trap for maga and of course they walked right into it about the border bill. he said "i know you all read it" or something to that effect.

he snubbed mtg on the way in. she is a clown. a national embarrassment. wearing a trump hat from 2020 too.

imagine being a representative and sitting on your hands and not applauding for school meals and clean water. or how the economy has turned around. they all looked like assholes. a bunch of haters wishing ill on the country. it must be impossible to applaud for anything good that is happening.

maga is terrified. they can't run on their record. all they have is fear to run on, and most americans are not that scared. it is not the dystopia maga is gaslighting people into thinking that it is.

also, truth social crashed right in the middle of the speech. my bet is that trump opted out of trying to live tweet it and that was his way of saving face.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    He won't be charged.  Guaranteed. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I doubt that's why. Being an invited guest who shouts out about 6 words isn't even comparable to Jan 6, if they're going to make that leap, its. stretch. 
  • Options
    I'm not comparing the two. I'm saying they may want to have the optics that you fuck around in the chamber, you get arrested. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,520
    edited March 8
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I doubt that's why. Being an invited guest who shouts out about 6 words isn't even comparable to Jan 6, if they're going to make that leap, its. stretch. 
    He was asked to stop the outbursts and refused… maybe he should have complied? 

Let’s not act like he had his neck knelt on until he was dead, here. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,235
    do you think some congress dudes try and sit next to Boebert, never know what might pop off 

Maybe even share a vape after

Wanna see her & MTG fight so bad
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    CROJAM95 said:
    do you think some congress dudes try and sit next to Boebert, never know what might pop off 

gaetz sat next to boebert that i saw.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

Boebert will be gone soon. MTG probably SecDef under tRump

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,568

The ratings during the first 15 minutes will be yuuuuge
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,672
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Have you ever sat in the gallery of the House? Doesn’t sound like it. Maybe give it a go and report back. Doesn’t have to be a SOTU, just any active house session. And yea, he should have just complied. Think Brandon ordered a bumpy ride?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,672
    tbergs said:

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©