Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,137
    shecky said:
    What a dark, devisive and unhinged speech by Joey. And, he was so amped up on meds that he forgot to allow the House Speaker to introduce him to Congress! Just forged right ahead with insulting and blaming his "predecessor" for everything! I have NEVER seen that in decades of watching The State of The Union. 

nothing like the GOP response....holy shit that lady reminded me of Glen Close in Fatal Attraction
    It looked fake.  It was like watching a video of an elected leader in The Purge.  So fake....trying to scare everyone....weird.  I disliked her performance a great deal.

I thought Joe was meh.  I got tired of him yelling (which I think was an attempt to project energy).  His off the cuff moments where he directly engaged the GOP were the best.  He stumbled and mumbled about as much as I expected.  No one is perfect but he sometimes talks to fast for him to get the words out correctly.  And some times what he said was a bit incoherent or he stumbled over it making it so.

I am tired of the partisanship.  I wish people could just clap for good things, even if they didn't the way the results were achieved.  I wish the State of the Union could be more of a ... this is what we did and is working, this is what we did that didn't work, and this is what we are going to do, this we didn't tackle yet but need to.  Instead it's become an election speech for the sitting president and a (mostly) silent protest by the other party.  

A MTG is an embarrassment and anyone that votes for her is a moron.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,137
    He has since been identified, he's the father, and was arrested afterwards. Father of Marine killed in 2021 attack at Kabul airport arrested at SOTU (msn.com)
    Not cool.  But I wouldn't have him arrested.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,679
    shecky said:
    What a dark, devisive and unhinged speech by Joey. And, he was so amped up on meds that he forgot to allow the House Speaker to introduce him to Congress! Just forged right ahead with insulting and blaming his "predecessor" for everything! I have NEVER seen that in decades of watching The State of The Union. 

nothing like the GOP response....holy shit that lady reminded me of Glen Close in Fatal Attraction
    It looked fake.  It was like watching a video of an elected leader in The Purge.  So fake....trying to scare everyone....weird.  I disliked her performance a great deal.

I thought Joe was meh.  I got tired of him yelling (which I think was an attempt to project energy).  His off the cuff moments where he directly engaged the GOP were the best.  He stumbled and mumbled about as much as I expected.  No one is perfect but he sometimes talks to fast for him to get the words out correctly.  And some times what he said was a bit incoherent or he stumbled over it making it so.

I am tired of the partisanship.  I wish people could just clap for good things, even if they didn't the way the results were achieved.  I wish the State of the Union could be more of a ... this is what we did and is working, this is what we did that didn't work, and this is what we are going to do, this we didn't tackle yet but need to.  Instead it's become an election speech for the sitting president and a (mostly) silent protest by the other party.  

MTG looks like a clown.  She's such an embarrassment in her political uniform. 

I thought Biden achieved what he set out to do.  The headlines even from the WSJ were about his "fiery" speech,  he came out swinging,  etc. I think that's a win.  Even Peggy Noonan was generally complimentary. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,999
    95% of our politicians suck on both sides. Saw this earlier and thought it was funny.

"I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    shecky said:

He did fine in my opinion. The GOP is such a fucking joke.

There is no way that a disinterested party could watch that speech and walk away saying he has dementia or is too old to lead.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    95% of our politicians suck on both sides. Saw this earlier and thought it was funny.

That's stupid.  Political memes are the lowest form of communication and lazy.  Everyone should be above them. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,020
    He has since been identified, he's the father, and was arrested afterwards. Father of Marine killed in 2021 attack at Kabul airport arrested at SOTU (msn.com)
    So he was a guest there? When I saw he was cuffed and arrested, I assumed he broke or snuck in or something.
    So then that begs the question, If he was legally there, why does a citizen get arrested, but members of congress for doing the same thing not?
  • Options
    edited March 8
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:

I thought Biden achieved what he set out to do.  The headlines even from the WSJ were about his "fiery" speech,  he came out swinging,  etc. I think that's a win.  Even Peggy Noonan was generally complimentary. 

I LOVED the part where Biden was talking about the border bill that the GOP killed and the camera cut to Lankford nodding in agreement while the magats all booed. Classic.

And yeah...MTG is such a fucking moron. She's cartoonish
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:

I LOVED the part where Biden was talking about the border bill that the GOP killed and the camera cut to Lankford nodding in agreement while the magats all booed. Classic.
    You could see him say "that's true".
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:

You could see him say "that's true".

And plus...he mentioned Laken Riley...that even took tRump by surprise

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853
    shecky said:
    I thought you magats liked dark and unhinged. isn't that what you admire about cheeto?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    So he was a guest there? When I saw he was cuffed and arrested, I assumed he broke or snuck in or something.
    So then that begs the question, If he was legally there, why does a citizen get arrested, but members of congress for doing the same thing not?
    Members of congress are protected by the speech and debate clause.  That's my guess.
  • Options
    I feel for the guy but christ...your son was in the military in a very dangerous area. Pulling out likely saved American lives.

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,999
    Laken Riley's parents were invited to the speech last night but they declined the invitation. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    CROJAM95 said:
    Katie Britt was sooooo valley girl in her drama filled response, like sophmore year rendition of some drama club play, eyes looking away like a crazy person

fear, come get some fear

Joe did solid job
    Well played by the party having the response delivered by a woman in the kitchen.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,326
    Maga walks into this trap over and over and over again with Biden. The President would obviously prefer to have expectations be as low as possible going into a SOTU and maga just cannot help themselves but assist with that by calling him "Sleepy Joe," Dementia Joe," etc etc etc......these dopes spend all their time telling us he's an old man in decline......and then Joe comes out guns blazing and starts pummeling them in the face over and over again right from jump street. Their childish heckling does not play well with anyone other than the shecky's of the world so naturally, they cannot help themselves and Joe schooled them just like he did last year.

I thought he was fantastic last night. He knows the shecky's and linda's are not voting for him anyway, so he says fuck them, I am going to talk to everyone else who wants to make sure I am not as senile as maga constantly says I am....and boom--he delivers and then some, thanks to the extra low bar maga helped provide. Fucking idiots, god love 'em! lol

He crushed Marge, he pointed out their hypocrisy over and over again on multiple issues, and he deftly handled the age issue at the end. My only beef was him not acknowledging that most people are not realizing the economy is doing better. He should have spent more time telling folks there is more to do.....but then you wake up this morning to a jobs report that completely overperformed it's expectations as well. Perfect timing.

He's had multiple polls this week showing he is gaining and leading Trump in some. Great speech last night. Great jobs report this morning. This is exactly what we needed to kick start the general election campaign.

Giddy up. Let's go beat maga yet again. 

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/08/politics/cnn-poll-biden-sotu-speech-reaction/index.html

Much of Biden’s improvement on this score came among political independents who watched the speech. Before the speech, 51% of independents expressed at least some confidence in Biden’s ability to carry out his duties, and that rose to 68% among the same group of independents after the speech. Perceptions of Biden’s ability to carry out the duties of the presidency did not change significantly among either Democrats or Republicans who tuned in.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517
    The party of Reagan sat on their hands when Biden pushed back against trump’s statement that Russia could do what they want. 
  • Options
    And this new GOP attack on TikTok is going to backfire. Britt even went off on that and mentioned how Biden's campaign has a TikTok.

• Options
    And this new GOP attack on TikTok is going to backfire. Britt even went off on that and mentioned how Biden's campaign has a TikTok.
    Man, she was a disaster wasn't she? Ooph.....might be worse than Jindal or Rubio drinking water through his
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    shecky said:
    That's an interesting take.  Let's see what the very liberal Wall Street Journal says:

“In thousands of cities and towns the American people are writing the greatest comeback story never told,” a defiant Biden said in Thursday’s State of the Union address. “America’s comeback is building a future of American possibilities.”

Speaking in Florida as he basked in his primary victories on Tuesday, Trump struck a different tone.

“We’ve watched our country take a great beating over the last three years,” he said. “Our cities are choking to death, our states are dying, and frankly our country is dying.”

I think you got your wires crossed on who is dark and divisive. 

Free article:  https://www.wsj.com/politics/elections/biden-and-trump-in-two-speeches-speak-to-two-visions-of-america-6720a359?st=3phoec0qhs3aw6q&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    The right wing anger factory had their tweets and headlines written days ago. If it's not "praise the Donald" it's divisive.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    mickeyrat said:
    And how do we know johnson didn't decline to introduce him?

After continuing applause from the attendees has diminished, the speaker introduces the president to the representatives and senators, typically stating: "Members of Congress, I have the high privilege and distinct honor of presenting to you the president of the United States."[27][28] This leads to a further round of applause and, eventually, the beginning of the address by the president.[28] The speaker may opt not to introduce the president, as was demonstrated in 2019.
    Because Mike Johnson said so last night after being asked by a reporter. And Speaker Pelosi didn't "opt not" to introduce President Trump in 2019. He opted not to be introduced by her. She then proceeded to tear up her paper copy of President Trump's speech behind his back as he spoke to Congress, the American people and the entire world, via television. What a disgraceful act by Pelosi that was.
  • Options
    shecky said:
    mickeyrat said:
    And how do we know johnson didn't decline to introduce him?

After continuing applause from the attendees has diminished, the speaker introduces the president to the representatives and senators, typically stating: "Members of Congress, I have the high privilege and distinct honor of presenting to you the president of the United States."[27][28] This leads to a further round of applause and, eventually, the beginning of the address by the president.[28] The speaker may opt not to introduce the president, as was demonstrated in 2019.
    Because Mike Johnson said so last night after being asked by a reporter. And Speaker Pelosi didn't "opt not" to introduce President Trump in 2019. He opted not to be introduced by her. She then proceeded to tear up her paper copy of President Trump's speech behind his back as he spoke to Congress, the American people and the entire world, via television. What a disgraceful act by Pelosi that was.
    It was a mistake by Pelosi.  She'll still go down as one of the most effective speakers of the last 100 years. McCarthy would have killed for the party discipline she instilled. 
  • Options

https://www.wsj.com/articles/state-of-the-union-shows-there-s-life-in-the-old-boy-yet-e1319b97

State of the Union Shows There's Life in the Old Boy Yet

Biden’s speech showed energy and focus, though he blurred some words and thoughts.

PHOTO: SHAWN THEW/ASSOCIATED PRESS

How much can one speech do? When you’re a president in a hole (approval numbers stubbornly stuck below 40%, a re-election campaign under way) a big speech can help a lot or a little, be a wow or a mess. You know fairly quickly when the speech didn’t work: People start making jokes and the jokes gel. If the speech is splendid you may only know in retrospect because it takes time for history to see where it fit in the scheme of things and what it really did.

On cable Thursday afternoon they were calling Joe Biden’s State of the Union the most important speech of his career, and not only because they were trying to get you to watch. The cumulative effects of 50 years of speaking sort of made Joe Biden the figure he is, but he never really had a make-or-break speech, and maybe this was it.

The headlines in the speech: There’s life in the old boy yet.

And: Boy, he came in hot. It was fiery. He opened by comparing the current moment to 1941 and suggesting his right presidential corollary is Franklin D. Roosevelt and “no ordinary time.” He immediately pivoted to Ukraine and NATO, issuing passionate vows. “We have to stand up to Putin.” “Europe is at risk.” “Freedom and democracy” at home and abroad are at risk. Then quickly on to Jan. 6.

He sure didn’t ease into things. It was pow pow pow.

Then—this again was in the first few minutes—to abortion: “In the decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court majority wrote the following, and with all due respect, Justices: ‘Women are not without electoral or political power.’ ” He said “those bragging” about the decision “have no clue about the power of women.” He said they found out in 2022 and 2023, “and we’ll win again in 2024.” That was a perfect play to his base and deeply aggressive toward the justices seated immediately before him, who couldn’t reply. He vowed, with a new Congress, to “restore Roe v. Wade as the law of the land again.” I’m not sure how that works.

But it was all part of the drama of a dramatic speech.

The great question the past month was about his persona. Would he walk in shakily? When he was done, would we be using words like old, frail, incapable, embarrassing? We won’t. People will say that guy has a lot of fight in him. He was wide awake, seemed to be relishing the moment, did not seem to tire much, and in fact improved as the speech moved along.

He showed energy and focus, blurred some words and thoughts, maintained a brisk pace. He almost never spoke softly. He sometimes yelled. There was a give-’em-hell-Harry vibration, as if he’d been reading up on Truman. The White House meant to quell growing Democratic fears on the president’s age and acuity. They succeeded, at least for a while. Congressional Democrats looked happy to the point of bubbly when it was over.

It can also be said the president often maintained an indignant and hectoring tone that he confuses with certitude and commitment. In the end I don’t know if the speech came across to a viewer at home as strong and focused or, as has been said, “Angry Old Man Yells at Clouds.” That probably depends on where you stand on Joe Biden.

He was ready for back-and-forth from the floor and seemed to summon it. Conservatives and Republicans need to field a better antagonist than Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, who wore a “Make America Great Again” hat and heckled from the floor. She makes her party look stupid and her movement vulgar.

Mr. Biden’s expression was mostly plain-spoken and blunt. He tried to rouse emotion but he didn’t do it with fancy, opaque phrasing. He has a tropism toward words and phrases that sound like high-end ad copy. He says, “America’s comeback is building a future of American possibilities,” and I hear, “Dodge trucks are Ram tough.” But he didn’t do a lot of that in this speech. He was unfrilly and direct, which added to his power.

The speech was to begin at 9 p.m. At 9:09 members were still milling around the chamber patting each other’s arms and backs. Politicians touch each other more than actors on opening night. The president wasn’t announced until 9:16 and didn’t make it to the podium until 9:25.

All this was rude and self-indulgent on everybody’s part. They milked it. Ladies and gentlemen of Congress, tighten up, keep it crisp. Don’t be slobby like a not-great country.

Before the president’s speech began, when the networks were filling time showing scenes from the floor, every time they cut to Vice President Kamala Harris at the podium she was giving the new House speaker, Mike Johnson, the brush-off. He’d try to chat, she’d say a word, look away, smile at the crowd. She was collected; he looked at a loss. It was his first State of the Union in that chair. She had no mercy for the bumpkin. There was something take-no-prisoners about it. It seemed to me suggestive of the coming campaign.

I close with my impression that the press corps, to use an old term, has been feeling increasingly pressured by the White House. Biden folk always expect the mainstream press to carry their water; whatever they want said of the president and the administration, they poke the press to say and think about and look into. The press in turn is thinking: Why don’t you make your own points in front of cameras and at events, and we’ll report what you did? It is a real weakness—and ultimately self defeating—that Democratic White Houses expect so much from the press, focus on its members so much and cuff them about when they don’t come through.

This White House is in this respect the opposite of Ronald Reagan’s. Reagan never expected a break from the press, ever. They were liberal Democrats; he was delighted and surprised when they achieved simple fairness. He went over their heads to the American people to tell his story. If he wanted to be considered vigorous he had to show vigor. If he wanted to impress with his views and his plan he walked up to a mic. One of the Biden White House’s mistakes on the issue of the president’s health is the now heavily spoofed spin about how energetic and on top of it he is behind the scenes—in the thick of it, at the vital center, the bride at every wedding, as was said of the honestly energetic Teddy Roosevelt. It’s nonsense. If it were true, wouldn’t the White House allow some cameras to capture it just once?

The president did try to show things through his own presence and performance Thursday night, and it worked. They should leave it at that.

I don’t know if Mr. Biden changed his situation, but it sure was interesting. We just heard his half of the 2024 presidential campaign. His stump speeches will derive from it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    This is the Peggy Noonan op-ed I referred to earlier today.  
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,232
    George Santos teeth even whiter last night

Its amazing how there arent any equivalents on the left to the worst on the right...oh they will try and sell it, dont fly.....
  • Options
    edited March 8
    mace1229 said:

"A Gold Star father who shouted out criticisms at President Biden during the State of the Union address has been arrested.

Steve Nikoui, 51, is the father of a U.S. marine who was killed during the botched withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2021.

Nikoui was escorted out of the House Galleries during Biden's speech after he stood up and began yelling "Abbey Gate" repeatedly.

The heckling was a reference to an attack at the Abbey Gate of Hamid Karzai International Airport in Afghanistan that occurred during the military's withdrawal from the country.

The surprise attack killed 13 U.S. service members and injured at least 170 civilians — including Nikoui's son, Marine Lance Cpl. Kareem Nikoui.

Nikoui was confronted by security during his outburst, who demanded he stop. He refused and continued shouting.

He was removed from the House Galleries and arrested by Capitol Police on the misdemeanor charge of Crowding, Obstructing or Incommoding.

Nikoui was in attendance as a guest of Florida Rep. Brian Mast, who released a statement explaining his choice to bring the Gold Star father to the Capitol.

"By inviting Steve to join the State of the Union, I am reminding President Biden of the damage he has done to national security and American families," Mast wrote ahead of the State of the Union address.

Mast is the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Accountability and Oversight."

Published March 8, 2024 7:33am EST | Updated March 8, 2024 8:34am EST

For the record, President Biden has never accepted responsibilty for his disgraceful and tragic surrender to Afghanistan. 
    Post edited by shecky on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    This is the Peggy Noonan op-ed I referred to earlier today.  
    Okay. Yeah. I think it's a pretty darned reasonable take. Speech was solid. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    Laken Riley's parents were invited to the speech last night but they declined the invitation. 
    It has only been two weeks since their daughter's murder so it's understandable why they declined.

At least Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene forced Biden to acknowledge Laken's death, and his role in allowing the murderer to remain in our country after entering illegally 2022 and having been arrested multiple times since then..

Following is an excerpt from a Fox News report:

"As Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga. — wearing a red MAGA hat — shouted "say her name" toward the president, Biden responded by lamenting the young woman's death but appeared to refer to her as "Lincoln Riley" — who is the coach of the University of Southern California Trojans football team. 

"It's not about him. It's not about me. I'd be a winner… " Biden said, referring to former President Trump's alleged intervention in a failed bipartisan border bill before trailing off as Greene appeared to shout "say Laken Riley — say her name."

As boos were heard from the floor, Rep. Pat Fallon, R-Texas, gestured to Greene as Biden reached below his dais and presented a button bearing Riley's name:

"Lincoln — Lincoln Riley," Biden appeared to say. "An innocent young woman who was killed by an illegal. That's right, but how many of the thousands of people being killed by legals — to her parents?"

That last bizarre sentence is pure deranged Joe Biden. Is he claimimg that Laken's murder by an illegal alien is no big deal because "how many of the thousands of people being killed by legals?"

WHAT?!

• Options
    shecky said:
    JojoRice said:
    It has only been two weeks since their daughter's murder so it's understandable why they declined.

At least Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene forced Biden to acknowledge Laken's death, and his role in allowing the murderer to remain in our country after entering illegally 2022 and having been arrested multiple times since then..

Following is an excerpt from a Fox News report:

"As Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga. — wearing a red MAGA hat — shouted "say her name" toward the president, Biden responded by lamenting the young woman's death but appeared to refer to her as "Lincoln Riley" — who is the coach of the University of Southern California Trojans football team. 

"It's not about him. It's not about me. I'd be a winner… " Biden said, referring to former President Trump's alleged intervention in a failed bipartisan border bill before trailing off as Greene appeared to shout "say Laken Riley — say her name."

As boos were heard from the floor, Rep. Pat Fallon, R-Texas, gestured to Greene as Biden reached below his dais and presented a button bearing Riley's name:

"Lincoln — Lincoln Riley," Biden appeared to say. "An innocent young woman who was killed by an illegal. That's right, but how many of the thousands of people being killed by legals — to her parents?"

That last bizarre sentence is pure deranged Joe Biden. Is he claimimg that Laken's murder by an illegal alien is no big deal because "how many of the thousands of people being killed by legals?"

WHAT?!

Ol' sheck's having a difficult time since the speech was much better than he expected:

In November, my team began serious negotiations with a bipartisan group of Senators. 

The result was a bipartisan bill with the toughest set of border security reforms we've ever seen  
    in this country. 

That bipartisan deal would hire 1,500 more border security agents and officers.  

100 more immigration judges to help tackle a backload of 2 million cases. 

4,300 more asylum officers and new policies so they can resolve cases in 6 months instead of 6 years. 

100 more high-tech drug detection machines to significantly increase the ability to screen and stop vehicles from smuggling fentanyl into America. 

This bill would save lives and bring order to the border. 

It would also give me as President new emergency authority to temporarily shut down the border when the number of migrants at the border is overwhelming.  

The Border Patrol Union endorsed the bill. 

The Chamber of Commerce endorsed the bill. 

I believe that given the opportunity a majority of the House and Senate would endorse it as well. 

But unfortunately, politics have derailed it so far. 

I'm told my predecessor called Republicans in Congress and demanded they block the bill. He feels it would be a political win for me and a political loser for him. 

It's not about him or me.  

It'd be a winner for America! 

My Republican friends you owe it to the American people to get this bill done.   

We need to act. 

And if my predecessor is watching instead of playing politics and pressuring members of Congress to block this bill, join me in telling Congress to pass it! 

We can do it together. But here's what I will not do. 

I will not demonize immigrants saying they "poison the blood of our country" as he said in his own words. 

I will not separate families. 

I will not ban people from America because of their faith. 

Unlike my predecessor, on my first day in office I introduced a comprehensive plan to fix our immigration system, secure the border, and provide a pathway to citizenship for Dreamers and so much more. 

Because unlike my predecessor, I know who we are  
    as Americans. 

We are the only nation in the world with a heart and soul that draws from old and new. 

Home to Native Americans whose ancestors have been here for thousands of years. Home to people from every place on Earth. 

Some came freely. 

Some chained by force. 

Some when famine struck, like my ancestral family in Ireland. 

Some to flee persecution. 

Some to chase dreams that are impossible anywhere but here in America. 

That's America, where we all come from somewhere, but we are all Americans. 

We can fight about the border, or we can fix it. I'm ready to fix it. 

Send me the border bill now! 

chinese-happy.jpg