#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    edited November 2023
    nvm - was supposed to be a joke, but after reading it, I don't think it would come across the way.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    That transcript Hal posted reminds me.  Did they ever release all of Trump's tax returns?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden

• static111 said:
    That transcript Hal posted reminds me.  Did they ever release all of Trump's tax returns?
    Not that I'm aware of... meanwhile Biden has released decades worth of tax returns, and somehow he's the guy w/ something to hide in all of this. Trumps facing ninety-one (91) criminal charges, and as far as I know, Biden is facing zero (0) but yeah... Biden's the one to worry about because a "laptop exists". 

Weird how all that works.

static111 said:
    Not that I'm aware of... meanwhile Biden has released decades worth of tax returns, and somehow he's the guy w/ something to hide in all of this. Trumps facing ninety-one (91) criminal charges, and as far as I know, Biden is facing zero (0) but yeah... Biden's the one to worry about because a "laptop exists". 

@JB16057 What are your thoughts on tax return gate? Do American'e deserve to know the TRUTH?
    Scio me nihil scire

• I still want to see where Biden and others denied the literal existence of the laptop, because in the absence of that, 'the laptop is real' is a pretty stupid argument to keep making,
    edited November 2023
    So did Biden say the laptop story wasn’t true, or did he deny the existence of the laptop? 
    Honest question because there’s a lot of hangup about semantics here…. Which in the end is a waste of fucking time considering there’s no evidence of criminality, but I digress: did Biden outright deny the existence of the laptop? 
    What's the quote? 
    When I read the transcripts I interpret it as denying it is connected to Hunter at all, that there is no original Hunter laptop, and its all fake.

BIDEN: Look, there are 50 former national intelligence folks who said that what this, he’s accusing me of is a Russian plan. They have said that this has all the characteristics — four– five former heads of the CIA, both parties, say what he’s saying is a bunch of garbage. Nobody believes it except him and his good friend Rudy Giuliani.

TRUMP: You mean, the laptop is now another Russia, Russia, Russia hoax? You gotta be–

BIDEN: That’s exactly what — That’s exactly what–

TRUMP: Is this where you’re going? This is where he’s going. The laptop is Russia, Russia, Russia?

He isn't saying Rudy's copy was tampered with, he's calling the computer a Russian plant. Rudy came forward about mid October 2020 with his story. The FBI didn't confirm they had the original laptop until about a month later. During that time there was speculation if the whole computer left behind by Hunter was true. 

The timing made it easy for a lot of accusations. Because what happened between October 2020 when Rudy went to The Post and a month later when the FBI confirmed they had the computer? The election taking place made for easy accusations that it was part of the cover up.

Now I don't personally believe the FBI tried to cover it up until after the election. But if the existence of Hunter's computer was never in question, there wouldn't be these accusations. 

The contents of the copied hard drive has always been in question as to its authenticity. But until the FBI confirmed they had the original, there was debate as to whether the original even existed. This debate took place in that window of time, and I interpret it as Joe denying the original computer belonging to Hunter and left behind exists. He blamed it on a Russian plant (this transcript says Russian plan, but others I've seen says "plant", and plant makes more sense). Hunter, when asked if the computer was his, said he doesn't remember dropping off the computer. Why would you ask him if its his in an interview if there isn't any question about it?

An excerpt from wikipedia states "PolitiFact wrote in June 2021 that, while "over time, there has been less doubt that the laptop did in fact belong to Hunter Biden", the laptop "was real in the sense that it exists, but it didn't prove much", as "[n]othing from the laptop has revealed illegal or unethical behavior by Joe Biden as vice president with regard to his son's tenure as a director for Burisma".[11]" I mean, to have less doubt means there was at one time more doubt, right?

In the initial months of the story, there was question as to if Hunter's abandoned laptop even existed, existed in the sense that it never actually belonged to hunter. There was a physical laptop, did it ever belong to Hunter was in debate at the beginning, i.e. did Hunter's laptop exist?

Post edited by mace1229 on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited November 2023
    static111 said:
    That transcript reminds me of watching/hearing it live and vividly remembering how horrible a person Trump is just in the way he interacts with people.

Being off real social media and out of the spotlight the last few years has really done him well. 
    www.myspace.com
    static111 said:
    That transcript reminds me of watching/hearing it live and vividly remembering how horrible a person Trump is just in the way he interacts with people.

Being off real social media and out of the spotlight the last few years has really done him well. 
    I agree. I felt a little disgusted reading how Trump brings in Joe's kids and the way he referenced them.
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:

I agree. I felt a little disgusted reading how Trump brings in Joe's kids and the way he referenced them.
    Policy and everything else aside...he's just rude. My stomach was turning reading and hoping I was towards the end...but the damn transcript kept going and going. lol. 

This is why next year, I think, is such a wild card. So many people are going to have the same reaction when being inundated with him on a daily basis again. 
    www.myspace.com
  • mace1229 said:
    So did Biden say the laptop story wasn’t true, or did he deny the existence of the laptop? 
    Honest question because there’s a lot of hangup about semantics here…. Which in the end is a waste of fucking time considering there’s no evidence of criminality, but I digress: did Biden outright deny the existence of the laptop? 
    What's the quote? 
    When I read the transcripts I interpret it as denying it is connected to Hunter at all, that there is no original Hunter laptop, and its all fake.

BIDEN: Look, there are 50 former national intelligence folks who said that what this, he’s accusing me of is a Russian plan. They have said that this has all the characteristics — four– five former heads of the CIA, both parties, say what he’s saying is a bunch of garbage. Nobody believes it except him and his good friend Rudy Giuliani.

TRUMP: You mean, the laptop is now another Russia, Russia, Russia hoax? You gotta be–

TRUMP: Is this where you’re going? This is where he’s going. The laptop is Russia, Russia, Russia?

He isn't saying Rudy's copy was tampered with, he's calling the computer a Russian plant. Rudy came forward about mid October 2020 with his story. The FBI didn't confirm they had the original laptop until about a month later. During that time there was speculation if the whole computer left behind by Hunter was true. 

The timing made it easy for a lot of accusations. Because what happened between October 2020 when Rudy went to The Post and a month later when the FBI confirmed they had the computer? The election taking place made for easy accusations that it was part of the cover up.

Now I don't personally believe the FBI tried to cover it up until after the election. But if the existence of Hunter's computer was never in question, there wouldn't be these accusations. 

The contents of the copied hard drive has always been in question as to its authenticity. But until the FBI confirmed they had the original, there was debate as to whether the original even existed. This debate took place in that window of time, and I interpret it as Joe denying the original computer belonging to Hunter and left behind exists. He blamed it on a Russian plant (this transcript says Russian plan, but others I've seen says "plant", and plant makes more sense). Hunter, when asked if the computer was his, said he doesn't remember dropping off the computer. Why would you ask him if its his in an interview if there isn't any question about it?

An excerpt from wikipedia states "PolitiFact wrote in June 2021 that, while "over time, there has been less doubt that the laptop did in fact belong to Hunter Biden", the laptop "was real in the sense that it exists, but it didn't prove much", as "[n]othing from the laptop has revealed illegal or unethical behavior by Joe Biden as vice president with regard to his son's tenure as a director for Burisma".[11]"

In the initial months of the story, there was question as to if Hunter's abandoned laptop even existed, existed in the sense that it never actually belonged to hunter. There was a physical laptop, did it ever belong to Hunter was in debate at the beginning, i.e. did Hunter's laptop exist?

Most, if not all of those are all fair questions to ask out the gate, most especially after they tried to extort the Ukraine into "finding Hunter's server". Remember that? A certain someone was impeached over it. (that was the 1st impeachment, for clarity's sake) 
    Furthermore, the assertion that the laptop was some sort of smoking gun WAS disinformation. Maybe not Russian disinformation, but disinformation all the same. There's no evidence of criminality there, this has been established. 

So at the end of the day, Biden didn't deny the existence of the laptop, just the allegations of the inherent criminality, is that where we're at now? 
  • static111 said:
    They did!....I have 2015 through 2020
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    mace1229 said:
    What's the quote? 

An excerpt from wikipedia states "PolitiFact wrote in June 2021 that, while "over time, there has been less doubt that the laptop did in fact belong to Hunter Biden", the laptop "was real in the sense that it exists, but it didn't prove much", as "[n]othing from the laptop has revealed illegal or unethical behavior by Joe Biden as vice president with regard to his son's tenure as a director for Burisma".[11]"

Most, if not all of those are all fair questions to ask out the gate, most especially after they tried to extort the Ukraine into "finding Hunter's server". Remember that? A certain someone was impeached over it. (that was the 1st impeachment, for clarity's sake) 
    Furthermore, the assertion that the laptop was some sort of smoking gun WAS disinformation. Maybe not Russian disinformation, but disinformation all the same. There's no evidence of criminality there, this has been established. 

So at the end of the day, Biden didn't deny the existence of the laptop, just the allegations of the inherent criminality, is that where we're at now? 
    Well done, sir. People seem to forget about that little itty bitty bout of context because Trump has done so many other horrific things since then. 
    www.myspace.com
  • I still want to see where Biden and others denied the literal existence of the laptop, because in the absence of that, 'the laptop is real' is a pretty stupid argument to keep making,
    It's unbelievable. And I keep seeing these TikToks referring to how many dems are going to be resigning because of the laptop bs and/or the Jan 6 videos, etc.

So fucking stupid it's hard to digest.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:

They are in a debate.  You are not going to be nuanced.  You are going to deny the spirit of the accusation, that Hunter and Joe are corrupt.  He's not going to say "Well I know there is a laptop and it may belong to Hunter, but I did nothing wrong".  No.  He's going to say, it's all bullshit.  That's what he did.  
    static111 said:
    Well was there any real aha moments?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,077
    edited November 2023
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    If we apply the same criteria as Hunter's laptop, the mere existence of them is all that's required. 
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    static111 said:

static111 said:

@JB16057 What are your thoughts on tax return gate? Do American'e deserve to know the TRUTH?
    What is tax return gate? and what is American'e?
    edited November 2023
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:

static111 said:

lol damn bad spelling.  Americans.  Tax return gate.  Trump not turning over his tax returns.  I have now found out that in 2022 some of Trumps returns from 2015-2020 were released against his will.  I just wonder what he is hiding that he fought so hard to keep them secret, besides a Chinese bank account?  Also what is he hiding in the years prior to 2015 that have not yet been released? 
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    static111 said:
    If we apply the same criteria as Hunter's laptop, the mere existence of them is all that's required. 
    They Do exist!
    Scio me nihil scire

• static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    They Do exist!
    Well then. Case closed. 
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:

static111 said:

lol damn bad spelling.  Americans.  Tax return gate.  Trump not turning over his tax returns.  I have now found out that in 2022 some of Trumps returns from 2015-2020 were released against his will.  I just wonder what he is hiding that he fought so hard to keep them secret, besides a Chinese bank account?  Also what is he hiding in the years prior to 2015 that have not yet been released? 
    You're more worried about a gotcha moment than correct spelling.
    edited November 2023
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:

static111 said:

Says the guy who, yesterday, posted a clip of Ted Cruz spending 3 minutes of gotcha extraordinaire despite his whole narrative being patently false. 

lolmaga
    www.myspace.com
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:

static111 said:

Says the guy who, yesterday, posted a clip of Ted Cruz spending 3 minutes of gotcha extraordinaire despite his whole narrative being patently false. 

lolmaga
    Ted Cruz wasn't getting so overly excited that he was making grammatical errors. There's a big difference. 
  • static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Not really...there are way too many K-1s hitting his return to be able to tell a whole lot. I'm sure the real dirty shit is buried in those returns.

JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:

static111 said:

lolmaga
    Ted Cruz wasn't getting so overly excited that he was making grammatical errors. There's a big difference. 
    I make grammatical and spelling errors frequently when typing.. many of my posts are self edited, not just in the political forums.  I am just a bad typist.  Btw what you referenced was a spelling error not a grammatical error.
    Scio me nihil scire

edited November 2023
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:

static111 said:

lolmaga
    Sure.

Yeah, he was just saying Ray Epps was an undercover FBI agent and completely ignored the reason (which he completely understands but won't admit publicly) the FBI cannot answer his dumb questions in a public hearing...solely for the purpose of riling up people like you, which ends up booking him an appearance on Sean Hannity's show, where he can then plug his podcast. America. Fuck yeah.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:

static111 said:

lolmaga
    Sure.

Yeah, he was just saying Ray Epps was an undercover FBI agent and completely ignoring the reason (which he completely understands but won't admit publicly) the FBI cannot answer his dumb questions in a public hearing...solely for the purpose of riling up people like you which, in turn, ends up booking him an appearance on Sean Hannity's show, where he can plug his podcast. America. Fuck yeah.

lolmaga.
    yah, but did he make any grammatical errors when spreading those lies to trick gullible Americans? 

That's the crux of it. 
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:

static111 said:

lolmaga
    Sure.

Yeah, he was just saying Ray Epps was an undercover FBI agent and completely ignoring the reason (which he completely understands but won't admit publicly) the FBI cannot answer his dumb questions in a public hearing...solely for the purpose of riling up people like you which, in turn, ends up booking him an appearance on Sean Hannity's show, where he can plug his podcast. America. Fuck yeah.

lolmaga.
    yah, but did he make any grammatical errors when spreading those lies to trick gullible Americans? 

That's the crux of it. 
    I'll have to see the transcripts to know for sure. 

But today is November 21st, 2023. To me, the bigger issue is why maga's like you still believe the Ray Epps conspiracy theory. 
    www.myspace.com
  • JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:

static111 said:

lolmaga
    Sure.

Yeah, he was just saying Ray Epps was an undercover FBI agent and completely ignored the reason (which he completely understands but won't admit publicly) the FBI cannot answer his dumb questions in a public hearing...solely for the purpose of riling up people like you, which ends up booking him an appearance on Sean Hannity's show, where he can then plug his podcast. America. Fuck yeah.

Cruz even went on Bill Maher's show last week. Plugging that podcast the entire time.

• JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:

static111 said:

lolmaga
    Sure.

lolmaga.

That's the crux of it. 
    I'll have to see the transcripts to know for sure. 

But today is November 21st, 2023. To me, the bigger issue is why maga's like you still believe the Ray Epps conspiracy theory. 
    Who…. Me?