#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• LBCeddie said:
    We are getting worse, as a nation, by the day

Good thing we can forget about it after a few days!
    Says who?  You don’t decide that, as much as you believe you do. 30 thousand posts on a Pearl Jam forum is not the criteria to speak for this nation. Enjoy your life sir, everything will be just fine as soon as you turn off the news. 
    Says me.  I sure do decide my own opinion.  
    I would never intend or desire to speak for this nation -- I am curious if you think that someone expressing their opinions on a rock band message board indicates their desire to speak for their country?  It is an odd thing to think -- but, you do you.

Thank you for your wish for me to enjoy my life -- I do!  It is a wonderful life...in spite of my belief that the nation is swirling down the tubes and that society gets dumber, by the day.  

I hope that LBCeddie can enjoy their day, however they spend it.  (I hope they truly do not have a key to the basement of another forum member's mother.  Such a mean spirited thing to type from someone consistently advising people on how to enjoy their lives.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • LBCeddieLBCeddie Posts: 112
    edited November 2023
    LBCeddie said:

Says who?  You don’t decide that, as much as you believe you do. 30 thousand posts on a Pearl Jam forum is not the criteria to speak for this nation. Enjoy your life sir, everything will be just fine as soon as you turn off the news. 
    I would never intend or desire to speak for this nation -- I am curious if you think that someone expressing their opinions on a rock band message board indicates their desire to speak for their country?  It is an odd thing to think -- but, you do you.

Thank you for your wish for me to enjoy my life -- I do!  It is a wonderful life...in spite of my belief that the nation is swirling down the tubes and that society gets dumber, by the day.  

I hope that LBCeddie can enjoy their day, however they spend it.  (I hope they truly do not have a key to the basement of another forum member's mother.  Such a mean spirited thing to type from someone consistently advising people on how to enjoy their lives.)
    Maybe state it as opinion then? We aren’t all consumed with the news and politics.  

Mean spirited, I had to literally laugh at you on this one.  Are you wrapped in bubble wrap? I hope so. 

Enjoy your life sir, theres plenty to enjoy when you turn off the news. 
    Post edited by LBCeddie on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,872
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:

Maybe state it as opinion then? We aren’t all consumed with the news and politics.  

Mean spirited, I had to literally laugh at you on this one.  Are you wrapped in bubble wrap? I hope so. 

and you come to the news and politics subforum.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited November 2023
    mickeyrat said:
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:

and you come to the news and politics subforum.....

For entertainment purposes only.  You are all priceless to follow. But you too should try your best to step away and enjoy your life, you are much too consumed. 
    edited November 2023
    Common theme I have seen in my experience following you all-  everyone with 30 thousand + posts thinks they own these forums, and also think they know everything.  You all need a 30k Club

Fuck me in the Brain should be in by sundown…. HA
  • mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    What’s going on with Hunter’s laptop? Anyone? When are the indictments coming? Asking for a friend.
    I don't know. Why don't you ask the 50 former intelligence officers that lied saying it was Russian disinformation and interfered with a Presidential election?
    But...if there isn't anything of substance on there doesn't that lean toward disinformation? For years you people have been going on and on about the laptop being a smoking gun and it has been completely useless other than a few dick pics.
    You will never admit it but the FBI knew the laptop was real and these morons came out and said it wasn't real. That is suspicious no matter what you think. There's more than just dick pics on there but once again, you don't want to see the truth. How about all of the emails talking about paying Joe Biden's bills? Don't forget that the big guy gets 10%! How about the sex trafficking? Hunter Biden lives in the White House and has travelled the world with his Dad and still does. 

The only thing you care about is the dick pics which you clearly stated above. 
    If I emailed you and stated that I robbed a bank of $100K and I was paying the “big guy”, your brother, 10% for telling me which bank to hit, did I commit a crime and are you and your brother accomplices?

Nobody denied the “laptop was real.” They questioned and cast doubt upon, and rightly so, the contents because of the chain of custody and Rupert Murdick’s NY Post’s refusal to share or allow an independent press pool forensic audit of the contents of the hard drives, hard drives that didn’t contain information that the shop keeper claimed, indicating manipulation and/or tampering with files within. I’m sure this resulted in “theft of an election,” eh?

Stop casting asparagus.
    I remember lots of reports early on claiming the laptop wasn't real and was Russian misinformation.
    That the laptop wasn’t real in what way? As a tangible, solid thing, like an actual laptop? Or that it didn’t belong to Hunter Biden? Or that the contents were questionable? Context matters.

If you remember lots of reports early on, surely you can link to some that specifically mention, suggest or claim the FBI or anyone else said “the laptop isn’t real.” Maybe from August to December, 2020 or whatever or whenever “early on” was.
    That it wasn't really Hunter's. Accusations that the laptop itself was a fake, partially because it was Rudy who gave it to the FBI. Hunter didn't admit for a long time (or did he ever? I don't know) that it was even his. 
    I don't care to look up news stories from 3+ years ago. But there were a lot of deniers that the laptop actually belonged to Hunter and/or not tampered with.
    So you remember something that was widely reported as “a lot of deniers that the laptop was Hunter’s” and “wasn’t tampered with,” but “don’t care to look up news from three years ago?”

I guess what you “remember” must be true and we should, or anyone reading your post, should believe you, do I have that right?
    Correct. This would solve a lot of debates if we just agreed to this.
    Sorry, without evidence of what you “remember” as being “widely reported” what you “remember” is speculation.

I remember lending you $100K so you should just agree and pay me back.
    That's fine, you choose to not believe almost anything I say. I've learned to manage to sleep anyway.
    I took about 1 minute to do a quick search, it was flooded with recent news and didn't see anything from 3 years ago. It's not worth more than a minute of my time to me.
    I did a search for "Hunter laptop" in the forum to see what topics came up. I found this most entertaining, as this was the search result.
    The irony is there seems to only be 1 persons obsessed with Hunter's laptop.

And yet you chimed in and can’t back up what you “remember” nor be “bothered”. I’m obsessed with the reasons and causes of the fabricated BS alternative realities that some folks choose to live in. It borders cultish behaviour.

And people wonder why the US has gone to shit?

The worst of the worse right here. The POS left is the reason. EVERYTHING they touch turns to shit. The filthy left. Uh oh - trigger word. LMAO

Special ten ignorance in 3...2...1..
    and yet here you are back on the view again.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:

It is obviously an opinion.  

Speaking of laughing, that is what I do when seeing the posts here reflecting lack of basic reading comprehension skills.  
    No bubble wrap, I just try not to be a total ahole to other human beings and PJ fans.  (Admitedly, there are times I fail.)

Enjoy your day,  Mx. LBCeddie.

edited November 2023
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:

Speaking of laughing, that is what I do when seeing the posts here reflecting lack of basic reading comprehension skills.  
    No bubble wrap, I just try not to be a total ahole to other human beings and PJ fans.  (Admitedly, there are times I fail.)

Thank you, that is very kind. I will certainly enjoy my day.  Admittedly is spelled with 2 Ts, just pointing that out as you said you laugh at posts lacking basic reading comprehension skills. Spelling matter? 
  • LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:

Thank you, that is very kind. I will certainly enjoy my day.  Admittedly is spelled with 2 Ts, just pointing that out as you said you laugh at posts lacking basic reading comprehension skills. Spelling matter? 
    Does spelling matter?

Yes, my opinion is that it does.  Thank you for your kind correction.  
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:

Does spelling matter?

Yes, my opinion is that it does.  Thank you for your kind correction.  
    Don’t mention it, sir.  That’s why I’m here. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    LBCeddie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    LBCeddie said:

Lighten up, Francis. 
    Sorry to have offended you sir.  Was it the 30 thousand posts comment? 
    Douchiness is offensive. It appears you have that in spades.
    mrussel1 said:
    LBCeddie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    LBCeddie said:

Lighten up, Francis. 

... sir.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    LBCeddie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    LBCeddie said:

Lighten up, Francis. 

... sir.
    Yes. Where are my manners?
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,119
    He did his thing with the kid again..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    I had a couple extra minutes today to look what was said about Hunter's laptop back in 2020. The only reason I didn't find it right away the first time is because my search results were buried with current news stories of it. Still only about the 10th hit from the top.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/12/09/hunter-biden-laptop-suppression-twitter-fbi-social-media/

"When President Donald Trump raised Hunter Biden’s laptop during the final 2020 presidential debate, Joe Biden dismissed it as a “Russian plant,” citing “five former heads of the CIA” who say it’s “a bunch of garbage.”

We now know this was patently untrue. The laptop was authentic. But at the time, almost no one in the news media questioned Biden’s false assertion. To the contrary, CNN questioned whether Trump had “spread Russian disinformation” during the debate by raising the laptop."

• JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    mace1229 said:
    I had a couple extra minutes today to look what was said about Hunter's laptop back in 2020. The only reason I didn't find it right away the first time is because my search results were buried with current news stories of it. Still only about the 10th hit from the top.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/12/09/hunter-biden-laptop-suppression-twitter-fbi-social-media/

"When President Donald Trump raised Hunter Biden’s laptop during the final 2020 presidential debate, Joe Biden dismissed it as a “Russian plant,” citing “five former heads of the CIA” who say it’s “a bunch of garbage.”

We now know this was patently untrue. The laptop was authentic. But at the time, almost no one in the news media questioned Biden’s false assertion. To the contrary, CNN questioned whether Trump had “spread Russian disinformation” during the debate by raising the laptop."

TRUTH!
    mace1229 said:

So everything on it is authentic? No way would Rudy or his team alter an email? No one else would either? Just curious why you would think Rudy and his team of morons would be above such a thing?

And what is it specifically on the laptop that proves Joe Biden committed a crime?
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:

So everything on it is authentic? No way would Rudy or his team alter an email? No one else would either? Just curious why you would think Rudy and his team of morons would be above such a thing?

And what is it specifically on the laptop that proves Joe Biden committed a crime?
    Biden's business partner corroborated that the email threads that he was involved in are legit. 

Please tell me why a crack head Vice President's son was getting paid millions all over the world? Top that off with the fact that Joe Biden was involved in all of the countries that Biden was working in. 
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:

Biden's business partner corroborated that the email threads that he was involved in are legit. 

Please tell me why a crack head Vice President's son was getting paid millions all over the world? Top that off with the fact that Joe Biden was involved in all of the countries that Biden was working in. 
    What's the crime exactly? Hunter Biden trading on his dad's name is not a crime.  
  • Brandon should’ve acknowledged the existence of the laptop and admitted that he was on the take during the debate. And the press should have run with it without trying to authenticate the story. Because you know, facts.

The gun I used in the bank robbery of the bank that JB’s brother emailed me to hit, I got from Mace. Serial # and his fingerprints prove it. I have a receipt noting that I paid him $5K from the heist and we emailed for several days before it happened. Maybe his dad should apologize for his son’s behaviour at the LEO awards banquet when he gives the keynote speech?

Now warning about Hunter Biden-laptop disinfo: The guy who leaked it

The national story quickly centered on the dubious provenance of the material, particularly given how, four years before, WikiLeaks had begun releasing material stolen by Russian hackers at about the same point in the presidential contest. But for news outlets interested in actually evaluating what the New York Post claimed it had, neither the paper nor its source for the material, President Donald Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani, were willing to share. (Giuliani famously told the New York Times that he was hoping to avoid having the material vetted before being published.) It therefore seemed wise to treat the New York Post’s claims with some skepticism.

Now, a new voice has joined those raising questions about the validity of the material that’s alleged to have been on Hunter Biden’s laptop: the guy who recovered that data in the first place.

“The experts found the data had been repeatedly accessed and copied by people other than Hunter Biden over nearly three years,” our report explained, with those we spoke with being unable to “reach definitive conclusions about the contents as a whole, including whether all of it originated from a single computer or could have been assembled from files from multiple computers and put on the portable drive.”

It’s important to explain how Mac Isaac created the backup in the first place. The laptop he obtained repeatedly shut down as he tried to recover its data. So, instead of simply copying the entire hard drive to another device, he did so piecemeal, copying individual files and folders one at a time. In doing so, he claims that he saw material that he found alarming.

“I saw some content that was disturbing and then also raised some red flags,” Mac Isaac explained to “Real America’s Voice.” Later asked to explain what had alarmed him, he said that he saw “criminality … related to foreign business dealings, to potential money laundering and, more importantly, national security issues and concerns.” That, he explained, was “what caused me to do a deep dive into the laptop once it became my property.”

Here, again, the timeline is iffy. Delaware law indicates that he could assume ownership of the laptop after a year. But he obtained the laptop in April 2019 (at the same time that conservative media was beginning to focus on Hunter Biden’s relationship with a Ukrainian energy company, Burisma) and gave it to the FBI that December. He said that he was alarmed by the failure of the laptop to come up during Trump’s first impeachment investigation. That effort ended in February 2020, before a year had passed.

What Mac Isaac said next, though, is what was most noteworthy. When he did his “deep dive,” he said, he “saw a lot of photos” — but “did not see a lot of photos that are being reported to [have been] seen.”

In other words, Mac Isaac says that he has seen claims about what the laptop contains that don’t actually reflect what he saw on the laptop at the outset. Or, presumably, sees now, as one of the few people that might still have an unlittered copy of its contents.

To what is he referring? It’s hard to say. It may include one of the more popular claims that has circulated on the right, alleging that the machine included evidence of criminal sexual activity by Hunter Biden. (This was alleged on-air by Tucker Carlson last year, without proof.) Or it may involve other claims entirely.

Here’s where The Washington Post’s discovery that folders were added becomes more important. We have evidence that the portable hard drive had something added to it both before and after the New York Post’s original story — and here’s Mac Isaac agreeing that some of what he’s seen presented as coming from the laptop was never on there. This is why provenance matters in journalistic investigations. Just because Rudy Giuliani says that material came from a hard drive is not reason to assume it did — particularly when he’s on-record as disparaging the idea that the material should be vetted before being reported on.

The guy who leaked the contents of Hunter Biden's laptop is now warning about false claims about what it included - The Washington Post

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    edited November 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:

I never claimed that. I’ve said before I don’t think there’s a smoking gun in the laptop, or it would have been known within hours. I have no doubt they had a team of paralegals or whoever looking through every document. If they found something, they would have released it to the public.
    I just made a simple comment the other day saying I remember some doubted the laptop was even real and was called borderline cultish behavior and that it’s my “thing” to form strong opinions on topics I know nothing about since I didn’t immediately provide proof for what I thought was common knowledge. . 

I don’t think Rudy is above altering or planting anything. But I don’t think he would, because it’d be hard to get away with. Isn’t there a digital fingerprint for documents and when they were created? So I would think it would be easy to verify if it’s been altered. And if not, remember he just has a copy of a hard drive, the FBI has the computer. Would be a little suspicious if they found something on the copy that wasn’t on the computer. 
    Just backing up my claim that not everyone believed the authenticity of the laptop and hard drive. And, again, why wouldn’t you? Rudy coming up with a copy of Hunter’s hard drive to break a story does seem a little suspicious. Of course people are going to question it. But I was asked for proof people questioned it, so I found a link.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:

I never claimed that. I’ve said before I don’t think there’s a smoking gun in the laptop, or it would have been known within hours. I have no doubt they had a team of paralegals or whoever looking through every document. If they found something, they would have released it to the public.
    I just made a simple comment the other day saying I remember some doubted the laptop was even real and was called borderline cultish behavior for saying that since I didn’t immediately provide proof. 

I don’t think Rudy is above altering or planting anything. But I don’t think he would, because it’d be hard to get away with. Isn’t there a digital fingerprint for documents and when they were created? So I would think it would be easy to verify if it’s been altered. And if not, remember he just has a copy of a hard drive, the FBI has the computer. Would be a little suspicious if they found something on the copy that wasn’t on the computer. 
    Just backing up my claim that not everyone believed the authenticity of the laptop and hard drive. And, again, why wouldn’t you? Rudy coming up with a copy of Hunter’s hard drive to break a story does seem a little suspicious. Of course people are going to question it. But I was asked for proof people questioned it, so I found a link.
    So who didn't believe that laptop was an actual inanimate object in the possession of Rudy?  The question was the contents and authenticity of it. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:

I just made a simple comment the other day saying I remember some doubted the laptop was even real and was called borderline cultish behavior for saying that since I didn’t immediately provide proof. 

So who didn't believe that laptop was an actual inanimate object in the possession of Rudy?  The question was the contents and authenticity of it. 

literalism.....

mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:

The first reply to my comment was asking what I meant and I clarified that I meant there were questions about not only tampering but also if a Hunter laptop even existed in the first place. You don’t have to scroll back far to see who spent a whole page disagreeing with that. The conclusion was that apparently I’m in a cult fpr thinking that and it’s my thing to talk about topics I know nothing about. But isn’t calling the laptop a Russian fake essentially denying it’s real? I think so.
    JB adbook post.

love his self-deprecating sense of humor....

Thanks for the birthday well-wishes today, everyone. Turns out on your 146th birthday, you run out of space for candles!

what you cant see just off camera is 2 fire companies to put that out.

mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:

The first reply to my comment was asking what I meant and I clarified that I meant there were questions about not only tampering but also if a Hunter laptop even existed in the first place. You don’t have to scroll back far to see who spent a whole page disagreeing with that. The conclusion was that apparently I’m in a cult fpr thinking that and it’s my thing to talk about topics I know nothing about. But isn’t calling the laptop a Russian fake essentially denying it’s real? I think so.
    I think it's pretty clear that the comments are that the information on the laptop could be inauthentic and that's what the FBI warned social media companies about,  not that the laptop didn't exist. 

It seems like you are the one that is defending what you think other people believe.  And no one here that I know of is saying the laptop didn't exist.  
  • JB16057 said:
    mace1229 said:

TRUTH!
    Here's the transcript of the first debate between POOTWH and Brandon as it relates to the laptop. Which, as entertaining as it is, I'll post other answers to particular topics, seeing we're 3 years on and looking at a rematch. I'll post the transcript from the second and final debate soon. More of the same however. The existence of the laptop or that it belonged to Hunter was not denied. Rather POOTWH's characterization of the contents is what is denied. And rightly so, given the provenance and chain of custody. Somebody on that debate stage was lying and it wasn't Brandon, no matter what you "remember."

So, is it billions, millions or how much did Brandon earn? Anyone?

TRUMP: China ate your lunch, Joe. And no wonder your son goes in and, wha–, he takes out billions of dollars. He takes out billions of dollars to manage. He makes millions of dollars. And also, while we’re at it, why is it just out of curiosity, the mayor of Moscow’s wife gave your son three and a half million dollars?

BIDEN: That is not true.

TRUMP: What did he do to deserve it? What did he do with Burisma-

BIDEN: None of that is true.

TRUMP: … to deserve $183,000?

WALLACE: Sir, you’ve asked him a question, let him answer it.

TRUMP: Oh really, he didn’t get three and a half million?

WALLACE: Mr. President-

BIDEN: Is totally-

WALLACE: Mr. President, please. You’ve asked a question- [crosstalk]

BIDEN: Totally discredited. Totally discredited. And by the way-

TRUMP: Well wait, he didn’t get three and a half million dollars, Joe?

BIDEN: Mr. Vice-

TRUMP: He got three and a half million dollars-

WALLACE: Mr. President.

TRUMP: … dollars.

TRUMP: Oh, really?

WALLACE: Mr. President, it’s an open discussion. Please- [crosstalk]

TRUMP: It’s a fact.

BIDEN: It is not a fact.

WALLACE: Well, you have raised an issue, let the Vice President answer.

BIDEN: It’s been totally discredited.

TRUMP: Did Burisma pay him 183 thousand a month, with no experience in energy?

BIDEN: My son did nothing wrong at Burisma-

TRUMP: I think he did.

BIDEN: The only guy that. . .

WALLACE: Mr. President, let him answer. [crosstalk].

BIDEN: He doesn’t want to let me answer, because he knows I have the truth. His position has been totally thoroughly discredited. . .

TRUMP: By who?

BIDEN: And you can-

TRUMP: The media.

BIDEN: by everybody. Well, by the media, by our allies.

TRUMP: By the media, because they refuse to talk about it-

BIDEN: By the World Bank-

TRUMP: … because they’re embarrassed.

BIDEN: By everyone, as discredited. And matter of fact [crosstalk] Matter of fact-

WALLACE: Mr. President, please stop.

BIDEN: Even the people who testified under oath-

TRUMP: So let me ask you this, Joe- [crosstalk].

WALLACE: No, no. Go ahead, Mr.– I’m listening to you.

BIDEN: Even the people under-

TRUMP: He got three and a half million dollars from Moscow.

BIDEN: … testified, he testified under oath in his Administration said I did my job and I did it very well.

TRUMP: Oh, really?

BIDEN: I did it honorably.

TRUMP: I’d like to know who they are.

BIDEN: Well, I’ll give you the list of the people who-

TRUMP: I’ll fire them.

WALLACE: No, no. Go ahead, sir.

BIDEN: I’m sure that you’ve already fired most of them, because they did a good job.

TRUMP: Some people don’t do a good job.

BIDEN: Well, here’s the- [crosstalk]

WALLACE: Go ahead. You get the- [crosstalk] Wait a minute. You get the final word, Mr.-

BIDEN: Well, it’s hard to get any word in with this clown. Excuse me, this person.

TRUMP: Hey, hey, let me just say, that

BIDEN: No, no. Mr. President- [crosstalk]

TRUMP: Three and a half million, Joe.

BIDEN: That is simply not true.

TRUMP: Why did he deserve three and a half million from Moscow?

BIDEN: Look, here’s the deal. We want to talk about families and ethics. I don’t want to do that. I mean, his family, we could talk about all night. His family’s already-

TRUMP: My family-

WALLACE: No, no- [crosstalk].

TRUMP: My family lost a fortune by coming down and helping us with government.

BIDEN: And that’s such a- [crosstalk]

TRUMP: Every single one of them lost a fortune by coming down and helping us with government.

BIDEN: This is not about my family or his family. It’s about your family, the American people. [crosstalk]

TRUMP: And he got three and a half million dollars for nothing.

BIDEN: That’s not true. It doesn’t want to talk about what you need. You, the American people. It’s about you. That’s what we’re talking about here. [crosstalk]

WALLACE: That’s the end of the segment. We’re moving on.

BIDEN: He didn’t take that.

WALLACE: Vice President-

TRUMP: Chris, can I be honest? It’s a very important question-

BIDEN: Try to be honest.

WALLACE: No.

TRUMP: He stood up-

WALLACE: The answer to the question is no.

TRUMP: … and he threatened Ukraine-

WALLACE: Sir-

TRUMP: … with a billion dollars-

BIDEN: That is absolutely not true.

WALLACE: Stop. [crosstalk] Gentlemen, I hate to raise my voice, but I- [crosstalk] Why should I be different than the two of you? So here’s the deal.

BIDEN: That’s a good point.

WALLACE: We have six segments. We have ended that segment. We’re going to go to the next segment. In that segment, you each are going to have two uninterrupted moments. In those two uninterrupted minutes, Mr. President, you can say anything you want. I’m going to ask a question about race, but if you want to answer about something else, go ahead. But we, I, I think that the country would be better served, if we allowed both people to speak with fewer interruptions. I’m appealing to you, sir, to do that.

TRUMP: Are you talking Hunter, are you talking about Hunter.

BIDEN: I’m talking about my son, Beau Biden, you’re talking about Hunter?

TRUMP: I don’t know Beau. I know Hunter. Hunter got thrown out of the military. He was thrown out dishonorably discharged. . .

BIDEN: That’s not true he wasn’t dishonorably discharged.

TRUMP: . . .for cocaine use. And he didn’t have a job until you became Vice-President. Once you became Vice-President

TRUMP: . . . he made a fortune in Ukraine, in China, in Moscow and various other places.

BIDEN: That is simply not true.

TRUMP: He made a fortune. . .

BIDEN: My son. . . my son. . .

TRUMP: . . . and he didn’t have a job.

BIDEN: My son. . . like a lot of people. Like a lot of people we know at home had a drug problem. He’s overtaken it. He’s, he’s fixed it. He’s worked on it. And I’m proud of him. I’m proud of my son.

TRUMP: But why was he given tens of millions of dollars?

WALLACE: Alright. . .

BIDEN: He wasn’t given tens of millions of dollars. [crosstalk]

TRUMP: He was given tens of millions of dollars?

BIDEN: That was totally discredited.

WALLACE: President Trump. President Trump. We’ve already been through this.

BIDEN: Totally discredited.

WALLACE: We’ve bo. . .already been through this. I think the American people would rather hear about more substantial subjects.

BIDEN: So do I.

TRUMP: [unintelligible]

WALLACE: Well, as the moderator, sir, I’m going to make a judgment call here.

TRUMP: I know but when somebody gets three and a half million dollars from the Mayor of Moscow.

BIDEN: That is not true. That report is totally discredited.

TRUMP: Why did he get it?

BIDEN: Mitt Romney on that committee said it wasn’t worth taxpayer’s money. That report was written for political reason.

WALLACE: I’d like to talk about climate change.

BIDEN: So would I.

CPD: September 29, 2020 Debate Transcript (debates.org)

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • And here's the transcript of the second and final debate as it relates to the laptop. No denial of its existence, in fact never asked whether it existed or was real. Just unfounded, still, allegations, that were clearly all over the place and that Brandon addressed. Seems like projection to me. But here we are. And knowing what we know now and still trying to claim that Brandon denied it or that the press didn't report on it and it was all a nefarious plot to keep it hush-hush so Brandon would win the rigged election? 

WELKER: All right, we’re gonna move on to our next section which is national security. And I do want to start with the security of our elections and some breaking news from overnight. Just last night, top intelligence officials confirmed again that both Russia and Iran are working to influence this election. Both countries have obtained U.S. voter registration information, these officials say, and Iran sent intimidating messages to Florida voters. This question goes to you, Mr. Vice President, what would you do to put an end to this threat? You have two minutes, uninterrupted.

BIDEN: I made it clear. And I asked everyone else to take the pledge. I made it clear that any country, no matter who it is, that interferes in American elections will pay a price. They will pay a price. It has been overwhelmingly clear in this election — I won’t even get into the last one — this election, that Russia has been involved. China has been involved to some degree, and now we learned that, that Iran is involved. They will pay a price if I’m elected. They’re interfering with American sovereignty. That’s what’s going on right now. They’re interfering with American sovereignty. And to the best of my knowledge, I don’t think the President has said anything to Putin about it. I don’t think he’s talking to him a lot. I don’t think he’s said a word. I don’t know why he hasn’t said a word to Putin about it. And I don’t know what he has recently said, if anything, to the Iranians. My guess is he’d probably be more outspoken with regard to the Iranians. But the point is this, folks. We are in a situation where we have foreign countries trying to interfere in the outcome of our election. His own national security advisor told him that what is happening with his buddy — well, I won’t, I shouldn’t — I will — his buddy Rudy Giuliani. He’s being used as a Russian pawn. He’s being fed information that is Russian, that is not true. And then what happens? Nothing happens. And then you find out that everything is going on here about Russia is wanting to make sure that I do not get elected the next President of the United States because they know I know them, and they know me. I don’t understand why this President is unwilling to take on Putin when he’s actually paying bounties to kill American soldiers in Afghanistan, when he’s engaged in activities that are trying to destabilize all of NATO. I don’t know why he doesn’t do it but it’s worth asking the question. Why isn’t that being done? Any country that interferes with us will, in fact, pay a price because they’re affecting our sovereignty.

WELKER: President Trump, same question to you. Let me, let me ask the question. You’re gonna have two minutes to respond for two elections in a row now there has been substantial interference from foreign adversaries. What would you do in your next term to put an end to this? Two minutes, uninterrupted.

TRUMP: Well, let me respond to the first part, as Joe answered. Joe got three and a half million dollars from Russia. And it came through Putin, because he was very friendly with the former mayor of Moscow and it was the mayor of Moscow’s wife. You got three and a half million dollars. Your family got three and a half million dollars and you know someday, you’re gonna have to explain — why did you get three and a half? I never got any money from Russia. I don’t get money from Russia. Now, about your thing last night, I knew all about that, and through John — who is John Radcliffe, who is fantastic, DNI — he said, the one thing that’s common to both of them, they both want you to lose. Because there has been nobody tougher to Russia. Between the sanctions, nobody tougher than me on Russia. Between the sanctions between all of what I’ve done with NATO. You know, I’ve got the NATO countries to put up an extra 130 billion, going to $420 billion a year, that’s to guard against Russia. I sold — while he was selling pillows and sheets — I sold tank busters to Ukraine. There has been nobody tougher on Russia than Donald Trump. And I’ll tell you, they were so bad. They took over the, the submarine port. You remember that very well during your term, during you and Barack Obama. They took over a big part of what should have been Ukraine. You handed it to them. But you were getting a lot of money from Russia. They were paying you a lot of money and they probably still are, but now, with what came out today, it’s even worse. All of the emails, the emails are horrible. The emails of the kind of money that you were raking in, you and your family. And Joe, you were vice president when some of this was happening. And it should have never happened. And I think you owe an explanation to the American people. Why is it, somebody just had a news conference a little while ago, who was essentially supposed to work with you and your family, but what he said was damning. And regardless of me, I think you have to clean it up and talk to the American people. Maybe you can do it right now.

WELKER: Vice President Biden, you may respond and then I do want to follow up on the election security.

BIDEN: I have not taken a penny from any foreign source ever in my life. We learn that this President paid 50 times the tax in China, has a secret bank account with China, does business in China, and in fact, is talking about me taking money? I have not taken a single penny from any country whatsoever, ever, number one. Number two, this is a president — I have released all of my tax returns. 22 years. Go look at them. 22 years of my tax returns. You have not released a single solitary year of your tax return. What are you hiding? Why are you unwilling? The foreign countries are paying you a lot. Russia is paying you a lot. China is paying a lot. And your hotels and all your businesses all around the country, all around the world. And China’s building a new road to a new gas… a golf course you have overseas. So what’s going on here? Why don’t you release your tax return or stop talking about corruption?

WELKER: President Trump, your response.

TRUMP: First of all, I called my accountants — under audit. I’m going to release them as soon as we can. I want to do it, and it will show how successful, how great this company is. But much more importantly than that, people were saying $750. I asked them a week ago, I said, what did I pay? They said, sir, you pre-paid tens of millions of dollars. I prepaid my tax. Tens. Over the last number of years. Tens of millions of dollars, I prepaid, because at some point, they think, it’s an estimate. They think I may have to pay tax. So, I already prepaid it. Nobody told me that.

WELKER: Did your accountant tell you —

TRUMP: Excuse me. And it wasn’t written whenever they write this. They keep talking about $750, which I think is a filing fee. But let me just tell you, I prepaid millions and millions of dollars in taxes, number one. Number two, I don’t make money from China, you do. I don’t make money from Ukraine, you do. I don’t make money from Russia. You made three and a half million dollars, Joe, and your son gave you. They even have a statement that we have to give 10% to the big man. You’re the big man, I think. I don’t know, maybe you’re not. But you’re the big man, I think. Your son said we have to give 10% to the big man. Joe, what’s that all about? It’s terrible.

WELKER: Alright, gentlemen, I want to ask you both some questions about all of this. I’m gonna let you both respond, very quickly. You just said you spoke to your accountant about potentially releasing your taxes. Did he tell you when you can release them? Do you have a deadline for when you’re going to release them to the American people?

TRUMP: I get treated worse than the Tea Party got treated. A lot of people in there, deep down in the IRS, they treat me horribly. We made a deal, it was all settled, until I decided to run for president. I get treated very badly by the IRS, very unfairly, but we had a deal all done. As soon as we’re completed with the deal, I want to release it. But I have paid millions and millions of dollars. And it’s worse than paying. I paid in advance. It’s called prepaying your taxes. 

WELKER: I want to ask you both about questions regarding your potential foreign entanglements and questions that have been raised to give you both a chance to talk about this more broadly.

BIDEN: At some point I want to respond.

WELKER: Respond very quickly, and then I’ll get to my question.

Continued next post.

Brilliantati©
  • Continued from previous post. And congratulations for finding that extra time to find one of several conservative commentary writers on WaPo to back up your claim that "lots of people were questioning the existence of the laptop," or whatever you "remembered." Sure, the right wing echo chamber across platforms were making that claim. But you know who wasn't? Brandon. Facts. Context. They're difficult.

BIDEN: Why do he — He’s been saying this for four years. Show us. Just show us. Stop playing around. You’ve been saying for four years you’re going to release your taxes. Nobody knows, Mr. President, what they do know is you’re not paying your taxes or you’re paying taxes that are so low. When last time he said what he paid, he said, ‘I only pay that little because I’m smart. I know how to game the system.’ Come on, come on, folks.

WELKER: Quickly, President Trump, and then I want to get to two questions to both of you.

TRUMP: I was put through a phony witch hunt for three years. It started before I even got elected. They spied on my campaign. No president should ever have to go through what I went through. Let me just say this. Mueller and 18 angry Democrats, and FBI agents all over the place spent $48 million. They went through everything I had, including my tax returns, and they found absolutely no collusion and nothing wrong. $48 million. I guarantee you, if I spent 1 million on you Joe, I could find plenty wrong, because the kind of things that you’ve done and the kind of monies that your family has taken — I mean, your brother made money in Iraq, millions of dollars. Your other brother made a fortune, and it’s all through you, Joe. And they say you get some of it. And you do live very well. You have houses all over the place. You live very well.

WELKER: All right, gentlemen, let me just ask some questions about all of this broadly. Vice President Biden, there have been questions about the work your son has done in China, and for a Ukrainian energy company when you were Vice President. In retrospect, was anything about those relationships inappropriate or unethical?

BIDEN: Nothing was unethical. Here’s what the deal. With regard to Ukraine, we had this whole question about whether or not, because he was on the board, I later learned, of Burisma, a company, that somehow I had done something wrong. Yet every single solitary person, when he was going through his impeachment, testifying under oath who worked for him, said I did my job impeccably. I carried out US policy. Not one, single, solitary thing was out of line. Not a single thing, number one. Number two, the guy who got in trouble in Ukraine was this guy, trying to bribe the Ukrainian government to say something negative about me, which they would not do, and did not do, because it never, ever, ever happened. My son has not made money in terms of this thing about — what are you talking about — China. I have not had it. The only guy that made money from China is this guy. He’s the only one. Nobody else has made money from China.

WELKER: President Trump, let me ask my question to you.

TRUMP: Could I just — one thing.

WELKER: Very quickly.

TRUMP: His son didn’t have a job for a long time, was sadly no longer in the military service, I won’t get into that. And he didn’t have a job. As soon as he became vice president, Burisma — not the best, not the best reputation in the world — I hear they paid him 183,000 a month. Listen to this, 183, and they gave him a $3 million upfront payment, and he had no energy experience. That’s 100% dishonest.

WELKER: I’m going to let the vice president respond to that quickly and then I have a question for you.

BIDEN: No basis for that. Everybody investigated that, no one said anything he did was wrong in Ukraine.

WELKER: OK, President Trump, this is for you. Since you took office, you’ve never divested from your business. You’ve personally promoted your properties abroad. A report this week, which was referenced, does indicate that your company has a bank account in China. So how can voters know that you don’t have any foreign conflicts of interest?

TRUMP: I have many bank accounts and they’re all listed and they’re all over the place. I mean, I was a businessman doing business. The bank account you’re referring to — which is, everybody knows about it, it’s listed — the bank account was in 2013. That’s what it was. It was opened. It was closed in 2015, I believe, and then I decided, because I was going to do, I was thinking about doing a deal in China, like millions of other people, I was thinking about it. And I decided I’m not going to do it, didn’t like it, I decided not to do it, had an account open and I closed it.

WELKER: OK.

TRUMP: Excuse me, and then unlike him, where he’s Vice President, and he does business, I then decided to run for president after that. That was before. So I closed it before I even ran for president, let alone became president, big difference. He is the Vice President of the United States, and his son, his brother and his other brother are getting rich, they’re like a vacuum cleaner, there’s something —

WELKER: Okay, President Trump, thank you. We do need to move on. I do want to ask you, Vice President Biden, about China. Let’s talk about China more broadly. There have, of course, President Trump has said that they should pay for not being fully transparent in regards to the coronavirus. If you were president, would you make China pay and please be specific, what would that look like?

BIDEN: What I’d make China do is play by the international rules, not like he has done. He has caused the deficit in China to go up not down — with China, up not down. We are making sure that in order to do business in China, you have to give all your intellectual property. You have to get/have a partner in China, it is 51%. We would not do that at all, number one. Number two, we’re in a situation where China would have to play by the rules internationally as well. When I met with Xi, and when I was still vice president, he said ‘we’re setting up air identification zones in the South China Sea, you can’t fly through them.’ I said, ‘we’re gonna fly through them. We just flew B52/B1 bombers through it. We’re not going to pay attention.’ They have to play by the rules, and what’s he do? He embraces guys like the thugs like in North Korea, and, and, and the Chinese president and Putin and others, and he pokes his finger in the eye of all our friends, all of our allies. We make up only — we’re 25%. 25% of the world’s economy. We need to be having the rest of our friends with us, saying to China, these are the rules. You play by them or you’re going to pay the price for not playing by them, economically. That’s the way I will run it. And that’s what we did and upholding steel tariffs and a range of other things when we were president and vice president.

WELKER: All right, let’s talk about North Korea.

TRUMP: Excuse me, no, I have to respond to this.

WELKER: OK, very quickly and then we’re gonna move on to North Korea…

TRUMP: His son walked out with a billion and a half dollars from China —

BIDEN: Not true.

TRUMP: — after spending 10 minutes in office and being in Air Force Two, number one. Number two, there’s a very strong email, talking about your family wanting to make $10 million a year for introductions.

WELKER: President Trump, on China policy, though. What are you gonna do? What specifically are you going to do to make China pay? You’ve said you’re going to make them pay.

TRUMP: First of all, China is paying. They’re paying billions and billions of dollars. I just gave $28 billion.

TRUMP: You know, Joe, I ran because of you. I ran because of Barack Obama, because you did a poor job. If I thought you did a good job, I would have never run. I would’ve never run. I ran because of you. I’m looking at you now, you’re a politician. I ran because of you.

WELKER: Alright, Vice President Biden, your response to that? And then I do have some questions for both of you.

BIDEN: Well, I’ll tell you what, I hope he does look at me because what’s happening here is you know who I am, you know who he is, you know his character, you know my character, you know our reputations for honor and telling the truth. I am anxious to have this race. I’m anxious to see this take place. I am — the character of the country is on the ballot. Our character is on the ballot. Look at us closely.

WELKER: Let me ask them some follow–

TRUMP: Excuse me–

WELKER: Please respond and then we’re gonna have follow up questions.

TRUMP: If this stuff is true about Russia, Ukraine, China, other countries, Iraq — If this is true, then he’s a corrupt politician. So don’t give me the stuff about how you’re this innocent baby. Joe, they’re calling you a corrupt politician–

BIDEN: Nobody says–

WELKER: President Trump, I want to stay on the issue of race. We’re talking about the issue–

TRUMP: It’s the laptop from hell. 

WELKER: President Trump, we’re talking about race right now and I do want to stay on the issue of race. President Trump—

BIDEN: Nobody– Kristen, I have to respond to that.

WELKER: Please, very quickly.

BIDEN: Look, there are 50 former national intelligence folks who said that what this, he’s accusing me of is a Russian plan. They have said that this has all the characteristics — four– five former heads of the CIA, both parties, say what he’s saying is a bunch of garbage. Nobody believes it except him and his good friend Rudy Giuliani.

TRUMP: You mean, the laptop is now another Russia, Russia, Russia hoax? You gotta be–

BIDEN: That’s exactly what — That’s exactly what–

TRUMP: Is this where you’re going? This is where he’s going. The laptop is Russia, Russia, Russia?

WELKER: Gentleman, I want to stay on the issue of race, okay —

TRUMP: You have to be kidding. Here we go again with Russia. Boy oh boy.

CPD: October 22, 2020 Debate Transcript (debates.org)

Brilliantati©
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,077
    edited November 2023
    So did Biden say the laptop story wasn’t true, or did he deny the existence of the laptop? 
    Honest question because there’s a lot of hangup about semantics here…. Which in the end is a waste of fucking time considering there’s no evidence of criminality, but I digress: did Biden outright deny the existence of the laptop? 
    What's the quote?