Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,655
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

I love when you do this.  You are the epitome of walk softly and carry a big stick.  
    This actually did nothing and completely ignored the whole conversation my spamming something pointless.

I’m just saying the news story with Trump posting Obamas address doesn’t add up to me.

All the headlines want to imply Trump posted the address to condone violence against them. But reading the actual story it doesn’t seem like he even posted the correct address, and gives no indication what the motive actually was. Could have asking how he affords such a big house and non violent at all. But so many just see the headline and are more than happy to jump to the conclusion that Trump was  people over to attack Obama.

A good response would be to show me the actually post that I said I couple find. That would prove me wrong if I am, not spamming useless headlines. But since he can’t, makes me believe I’m right even more.
    So you don't want to just agree that he's stupid and irresponsible?  You think it was a perfectly legitimate thing for the former and potentially future president to do?  It's what you would expect of a leader?
    No, I agree with you. I think he has said some very irresponsible things before, and this could very well be another example. And if he did it, extremely irresponsible. All I’m saying is something is off. I tried reading more into it before commenting and found almost nothing on how it relates to Trump. It doesn’t even appear he posted the correct address, and the only reason this has even come up from what I can tell is they quoted the prosecutor as referring to a post trump claims was the address. There are people at every network who’s main job description is to follow trump and take screenshots of every post he makes. Kind of weird no one has a copy of this post to add to the story. I can’t recall that happening before. So I’m not saying Trump is a responsible person, I’m saying this is a story that makes me think the media or prosecution  has exaggerated what happened. When’s the last time you saw a story about trumps tweet but couldn’t find it? I’m questioning if this post ever even happened. Not because trump is such a good person, but because everyone is so eager to blame trump and not question it.
    Several details of the arrest are stunning and disturbing, including the fact that Taranto posted the message “Got them surrounded!” above a Trump Truth Social post that included a news article revealing the address of the Obama home, as well as several other prominent Democratic figures.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-post-revealing-obama-address-was-shared-by-jan-6-fugitive-hours-before-he-was-arrested-with-guns-near-obama-home/

Partial image
    honestly, I think this is an important distinction that goes from malicious to plain out stupid and irresponsible. he linked a news article that contained addresses. that's stupid, but earlier claims were he "posted obama's address on truth social" which leads people to believe he posted the address in his tweet/truth himself, which he didn't. 
    But he didn't just link to a news article that just so happened to have had the address in there. He apparently posted a screen shot of the part of the article where the address was front and center...for all his followers, including the crazy ones, can see. Plus this was an article from six years ago. Why on earth is that relevant now? It's just reckless behavior anyway you slice it. 

Anybody remember recently when people were posting the SCOTUS addresses?

I know it's not a world leader but this is the type of guerilla warfare shit that goes on nowadays...
    I remember, and IIRC it prompted one hell of a response from the GOP. 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,275
    edited July 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

I love when you do this.  You are the epitome of walk softly and carry a big stick.  
    This actually did nothing and completely ignored the whole conversation my spamming something pointless.

I’m just saying the news story with Trump posting Obamas address doesn’t add up to me.

All the headlines want to imply Trump posted the address to condone violence against them. But reading the actual story it doesn’t seem like he even posted the correct address, and gives no indication what the motive actually was. Could have asking how he affords such a big house and non violent at all. But so many just see the headline and are more than happy to jump to the conclusion that Trump was  people over to attack Obama.

A good response would be to show me the actually post that I said I couple find. That would prove me wrong if I am, not spamming useless headlines. But since he can’t, makes me believe I’m right even more.
    So you don't want to just agree that he's stupid and irresponsible?  You think it was a perfectly legitimate thing for the former and potentially future president to do?  It's what you would expect of a leader?
    No, I agree with you. I think he has said some very irresponsible things before, and this could very well be another example. And if he did it, extremely irresponsible. All I’m saying is something is off. I tried reading more into it before commenting and found almost nothing on how it relates to Trump. It doesn’t even appear he posted the correct address, and the only reason this has even come up from what I can tell is they quoted the prosecutor as referring to a post trump claims was the address. There are people at every network who’s main job description is to follow trump and take screenshots of every post he makes. Kind of weird no one has a copy of this post to add to the story. I can’t recall that happening before. So I’m not saying Trump is a responsible person, I’m saying this is a story that makes me think the media or prosecution  has exaggerated what happened. When’s the last time you saw a story about trumps tweet but couldn’t find it? I’m questioning if this post ever even happened. Not because trump is such a good person, but because everyone is so eager to blame trump and not question it.
    Several details of the arrest are stunning and disturbing, including the fact that Taranto posted the message “Got them surrounded!” above a Trump Truth Social post that included a news article revealing the address of the Obama home, as well as several other prominent Democratic figures.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-post-revealing-obama-address-was-shared-by-jan-6-fugitive-hours-before-he-was-arrested-with-guns-near-obama-home/

Partial image
    honestly, I think this is an important distinction that goes from malicious to plain out stupid and irresponsible. he linked a news article that contained addresses. that's stupid, but earlier claims were he "posted obama's address on truth social" which leads people to believe he posted the address in his tweet/truth himself, which he didn't. 
    But he didn't just link to a news article that just so happened to have had the address in there. He apparently posted a screen shot of the part of the article where the address was front and center...for all his followers, including the crazy ones, can see. Plus this was an article from six years ago. Why on earth is that relevant now? It's just reckless behavior anyway you slice it. 

I know it's not a world leader but this is the type of guerilla warfare shit that goes on nowadays...
    the fact that it goes on does not excuse any of it or make any of it right. 

why did the secret service not pay don a visit for basically doxxing a former president and first lady?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,393
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Partial image

Only, and ONLY because it was the conservative justices that were targeted.

It was still a bushleague move though.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Partial image

I agree on both counts.

It was absolutely bush league, and the GOP's silence in the wake of what trump did is deafening. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,982
    So, when does the work on Brandon’s likeness being chiseled onto Mount Rushmore begin?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    So, when does the work on Brandon’s likeness being chiseled onto Mount Rushmore begin?

Somebody asked the same about Trump.  When asked what they though about 45, the reply from the four already there was:
    Mount Rushmore America GIF - Mount Rushmore America Merica - Discover   Share GIFs

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    edited July 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Partial image

tempo....are you really trying to bothsides this? You're comparing what a former, and aspiring future, president did with what some random radical activist did. 

edit--or maybe i am misreading you here. not sure! lol
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Partial image

tempo....are you really trying to bothsides this? You're comparing what a former, and aspiring future, president did with what some random radical activist did. 

Re read what I said. 
    I pointed out that it wasn't a world leader and that this is a common tactic now.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Partial image

Re read what I said. 
    I pointed out that it wasn't a world leader and that this is a common tactic now.
    Gotcha. Makes is all the stranger when it's a former world leader doing it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,982
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Partial image

Re read what I said. 
    Gotcha. Makes is all the stranger when it's a former world leader doing it. 
    “World leader?” World buffoon is more like it.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Partial image

Re read what I said. 
    A common tactic for terrorists, sure. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227
    mickeyrat said:

Biden is old, and he never was a great speaker (in case anyone has forgotten, he has a stutter). But he knows exactly what's going on, and as much as I wish he were 10-15 years younger than he is (kind of wish I was too, TBH), he has the wisdom and experience that we need right now.
    BAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

Wow....just wow. FJB

Not much happening here, yet.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    I called it out in the Ukraine thread, but I cannot overestimate the stunning success Biden has had internationally over the past year.  If you would have told me at the beginning of the war that Russia would be a shell of itself, China would be walking away, Turkey moves West and Finland and Sweden joined NATO, I'd call you crazy.  But all of those things have happened.  My God, I hope people realize that NATO is stronger than ever and Russia hasn't been this weak in 20 years.  

Here's a good article to summarize.  

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4094064-nato-delivers-gut-punch-to-putin/
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    mrussel1 said:
    I called it out in the Ukraine thread, but I cannot overestimate the stunning success Biden has had internationally over the past year.  If you would have told me at the beginning of the war that Russia would be a shell of itself, China would be walking away, Turkey moves West and Finland and Sweden joined NATO, I'd call you crazy.  But all of those things have happened.  My God, I hope people realize that NATO is stronger than ever and Russia hasn't been this weak in 20 years.  

Even the Hill’s reporting is by and large not anti-Biden. Really interesting. I still wonder what happens to a Republican hearing the news and the tone changes to even neutral towards Biden. Will they seek other news that continues reaffirming their beliefs? 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,358
    mrussel1 said:

I'd argue they’ve been weak ffar longer. Ukraine stood up to challenge and exposed the truth.

same way fuckstick pulled back the curtain here.. 
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Yeah there has been a lot to like from Joe. I bet in normal times, it would equate to an approval rating about 10 points higher.

Assuming inflation continues to deflate, I'd expect his numbers to tick up to maybe mid 40's by end of the year. I think Obama was around 45% heading into his re-election year. The looming issue though, is a minor recession, which is still possible as the higher rates take a while to run through the system. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Yeah there has been a lot to like from Joe. I bet in normal times, it would equate to an approval rating about 10 points higher.

Assuming inflation continues to deflate, I'd expect his numbers to tick up to maybe mid 40's by end of the year. I think Obama was around 45% heading into his re-election year. The looming issue though, is a minor recession, which is still possible as the higher rates take a while to run through the system. 

fed can also stop that now. ....
    2% is the traditional target, no?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:

Even the Hill’s reporting is by and large not anti-Biden. Really interesting. I still wonder what happens to a Republican hearing the news and the tone changes to even neutral towards Biden. Will they seek other news that continues reaffirming their beliefs? 
    Good question....magats won't hear the neutral since they all flock to OAN, Newsmax, internet memes, etc. How mainstream republicans react is the big unknown. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Partial image

then I stand corrected. 
    It took a little digging to find the actual post. I get the feeling the media, rightfully, doesn't want to amplify this.

But, yeah, Trump deserves no benefit of the doubt, ever. 
    I read several articles and couldn’t find the post. The language that was repeated in every article of “trump posted what he claimed to be the address” also made me think he likely didn’t even post the correct address and the headlines were taking the story out of context. I dismissed responses of they didn’t want to show the address again by sharing the tweet (or whatever you call it in Truth) because it would easily be blurred out like in the one you shared.
    I said if anyone can find the original post that shows trump posting the actual address I’ll say I was wrong. And you did. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Partial image

then I stand corrected. 
    It took a little digging to find the actual post. I get the feeling the media, rightfully, doesn't want to amplify this.

But, yeah, Trump deserves no benefit of the doubt, ever. 
    I read several articles and couldn’t find the post. The language that was repeated in every article of “trump posted what he claimed to be the address” also made me think he likely didn’t even post the correct address and the headlines were taking the story out of context. I dismissed responses of they didn’t want to show the address again by sharing the tweet (or whatever you call it in Truth) because it would easily be blurred out like in the one you shared.
    I said if anyone can find the original post that shows trump posting the actual address I’ll say I was wrong. And you did. 
    the "claimed to be" verbiage is so that the article doesn't confirm that the information (the address) tRump posted was accurate.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

fed can also stop that now. ....
    2% is the traditional target, no?

Yeah 2%.

From what I've seen, there's like an 85% chance they raise by .25% in a couple weeks and then stop. They probably wont start to cut rates for a while though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Ehhh, Turkey can still be a political nightmare.  They have had their fair share of turmoil.  It's be nice if they turned a little more westward and stayed there.

Imagine Turkey being part of the EU?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    mrussel1 said:

Ehhh, Turkey can still be a political nightmare.  They have had their fair share of turmoil.  It's be nice if they turned a little more westward and stayed there.

Well Erdogan is transactional in nature.  He will continue to flirt East, while moving West, is my guess.  But you're right, he really wants to join the EU.  I think it was covered in the article but he also released some Azov Battalion prisoners back to the Ukrainians.  These are all provocations to Putin.  The point isn't that Turkey is now France.  It's that there is a wedge in the relationship.  And Biden's management of NATO, the war and negotiations on Sweden all got us to this point.  These are clear strategic victories for us. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Well Erdogan is transactional in nature.  He will continue to flirt East, while moving West, is my guess.  But you're right, he really wants to join the EU.  I think it was covered in the article but he also released some Azov Battalion prisoners back to the Ukrainians.  These are all provocations to Putin.  The point isn't that Turkey is now France.  It's that there is a wedge in the relationship.  And Biden's management of NATO, the war and negotiations on Sweden all got us to this point.  These are clear strategic victories for us. 
    The fact that Russia is weak is wild.  So what is China going to do?  Didn't they link up with them?

Also Turkey is a wildcard for sure but let's hope like I said, that they keep gravitating west.  
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,771
    Τhe kid in finland looked terrified..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
  • Options
    A literally perfect campaign ad courtesy of the face of the maga republicans. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

• Options
    data source for the assertion by the twatter?