Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,373
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,485

Good news is tough to swallow...eh, my man?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    Where's my money Joe?! https://www.cnbc.com/select/student-loan-forgiveness-see-if-you-qualify/

This is another illegal move by the Biden Administration. They do not have the authority to do this. 

If Joe wants to hand out money to people that foolishly signed a contract that they couldn't afford, then I want my fair share for being smart enough not to borrow money from the government.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,284
    JB16057 said:
    Where's my money Joe?! https://www.cnbc.com/select/student-loan-forgiveness-see-if-you-qualify/

This is another illegal move by the Biden Administration. They do not have the authority to do this. 

If Joe wants to hand out money to people that foolishly signed a contract that they couldn't afford, then I want my fair share for being smart enough not to borrow money from the government.
    did you watch saving private ryan and root for the germans?

why is it you are so against something that will help a generation of people start their careers without being tens of thousands of dollars in debt that they cannot discharge through bankruptcy?

is it because there is nothing in it for you?

the us is the only developed country with this problem. in many countries people can get a phd for little to no money out of their pocket.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

as I understand it, the out here is if the loan provider fucked up the paperwork somewhere along the line...... and it would appear most did...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

why is it you are so against something that will help a generation of people start their careers without being tens of thousands of dollars in debt that they cannot discharge through bankruptcy?

the us is the only developed country with this problem. in many countries people can get a phd for little to no money out of their pocket.
    Why should I have to pay for someone else's mistake? Tax payers are going to have to pay this bill. The money isn't going to appear out of nowhere. 

I work harder than most college graduates. Where's my money? I've had to work hard for everything I have and now I am being forced to pay for something that doesn't benefit me. 

Are the Doctors and Lawyers that receive this kickback going to spread the love and then in return give me a discount? Hell no they aren't. 
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Why should I have to pay for someone else's mistake? Tax payers are going to have to pay this bill. The money isn't going to appear out of nowhere. 

I work harder than most college graduates. Where's my money? I've had to work hard for everything I have and now I am being forced to pay for something that doesn't benefit me. 

Are the Doctors and Lawyers that receive this kickback going to spread the love and then in return give me a discount? Hell no they aren't. 
    easy. change the bankruptcy law to allow for discharge of student loans. republicans changed the law in 2005. 
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

also, the doctors and lawyers getting a kickback and holding on to it is reaganomics 101.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,815
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

easy. change the bankruptcy law to allow for discharge of student loans. republicans changed the law in 2005. 
    That would be a mistake.  Why wouldn't everyone try to discharge as soon as they're out of school? You couldn't lend.  
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Honestly I wonder if her speech writer was punking her,  or is a double agent. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Wow I can hear the snowflake tears falling from here.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I'm not getting any relief from this but I am happy for those that are. Student loans are a bitch, for those of us that came from backgrounds with no family help and went to school at a time where working three jobs couldn't get you through community college.  I've said it before and I will say it again, even if they forgave everyone the hour after all of my payments were made I would still be out celebrating that someone cares about poor and low income people. I don't love Joe, but student loan forgiveness and fixing the cost of higher education was the main reason I voted for him and didn't abstain.  Hopefully by the time my daughter is in college we will catch up to the rest of the civilized world and provide free and low cost education to all that wish to further themselves.  The upper middle class resentment against helping people with this stuff is frankly sickening.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    I'm not getting any relief from this but I am happy for those that are. Student loans are a bitch, for those of us that came from backgrounds with no family help and went to school at a time where working three jobs couldn't get you through community college.  I've said it before and I will say it again, even if they forgave everyone the hour after all of my payments were made I would still be out celebrating that someone cares about poor and low income people. I don't love Joe, but student loan forgiveness and fixing the cost of higher education was the main reason I voted for him and didn't abstain.  Hopefully by the time my daughter is in college we will catch up to the rest of the civilized world and provide free and low cost education to all that wish to further themselves.  The upper middle class resentment against helping people with this stuff is frankly sickening.
    Forgiving debt does not fix the cost of higher education. 

What has Joe done to fix the cost of higher education? 

Do you really think that the only people benefiting from the debt forgiveness are the poor and low income people?!?!  No fucking way! The poor and low income never made it to college.

Where does the $39 Billion come from? We are borrowing money to pay money that was borrowed. Now all of America will be paying the interest on these loans.
  • Options
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Wow I can hear the snowflake tears falling from here.
    Wow

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,994
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:

Do you really think that the only people benefiting from the debt forgiveness are the poor and low income people?!?!  No fucking way! The poor and low income never made it to college.

Where does the $39 Billion come from? We are borrowing money to pay money that was borrowed. Now all of America will be paying the interest on these loans.
    How about from the $100 billion the pentagon wastes from its $886 billion budget? We’re spending $886 billion on defence, WHERES THE MONEY COMING FROM???????
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,004
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:

How about from the $100 billion the pentagon wastes from its $886 billion budget? We’re spending $886 billion on defence, WHERES THE MONEY COMING FROM???????
    Yes, but the OP agreed with that decision so it’s not a problem. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,656
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:

Wake up, JB. 

“Tax cuts initially enacted during Republican trifectas in the past 25 years slashed taxes disproportionately for the wealthy and profitable corporations, severely reducing federal revenues. In fact, relative to earlier projections, spending is down, not up. But revenues are down significantly more. If not for the Bush tax cuts4and their extensions5—as well as the Trump tax cuts6—revenues would be on track to keep pace with spending indefinitely, and the debt ratio (debt as a percentage of the economy) would be declining. Instead, these tax cuts have added $10 trillion to the debt since their enactment and are responsible for 57 percent of the increase in the debt ratio since 2001, and more than 90 percent of the increase in the debt ratio if the one-time costs of bills responding to COVID-19 and the Great Recession are excluded. Eventually, the tax cuts are projected to grow to more than 100 percent of the increase.”

https://www.americanprogress.org/article/tax-cuts-are-primarily-responsible-for-the-increasing-debt-ratio/ 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,460
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:

I guess you forgot about that giant tax break for the top billionaires that Trumpolinni passed to save the country 😂😂😂
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Wha wha whaa I work harder than anyone so why why why 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,159
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:

LOL...were you worried about all of the PPP money (and employee retention credits) when that was doled out?

tRump gave me $50K that I didn't need and it was tax free.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,485
    edited July 2023
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:

LOL...were you worried about all of the PPP money (and employee retention credits) when that was doled out?

Trump also handed out unnecessary tax cuts to the wealthy and corporations during his term. One might be so inclined to call that a hand out and it ended up adding over 2 trillion to the deficit and did not help the economy one bit. They kept saying GDP would sky rocket as a result. Nope. Didn't happen. It was completely unnecessary at that time. 

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing ol'JB didn't benefit from that too much and, now I'm just going out on a limb here, I bet he also didn't complain about it too much either. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,994
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:

Trump also handed out unnecessary tax cuts to the wealthy and corporations during his term. One might be so inclined to call that a hand out and it ended up adding over 2 trillion to the deficit and did not help the economy one bit. They kept saying GDP would sky rocket as a result. Nope. Didn't happen. It was completely unnecessary at that time. 

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing ol'JB didn't benefit from that much and also didn't complain about it much at all either. 

If memory serves, GDP was needed to grow at 6% quarter over quarter for TEN FUCKING YEARS to pay for the tax cuts. Something that had never ever happened in US economic history. But you know, student loan debt forgiveness will break ‘Murica. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,471
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:

I guess you forgot about that giant tax break for the top billionaires that Trumpolinni passed to save the country 😂😂😂
    So your logic is if one guy does a stupid fucking thing then the other guy gets to do it too? Gotcha! 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,232
    JB16057 said:

Republican lawmakers saved a lot more then $10k apiece with PPP loan forgiveness, where’s the outrage? Oh yeah, it’s ok when rich people benefit from govt assistance. But when it’s poor people, look out.

GOP Rep. Vern Buchanan of Florida tweeted out a segment of him speaking on Fox Business about the loan, saying in the tweet that he was a "blue-collar kid who worked his way through college." 

"I know firsthand the sacrifices people make to receive an education," he said. "Biden's reckless, unilateral student loan giveaway is unfair to the 87 percent of Americans without student loan debt and those who played by the rules." 

According to the White House, Buchanan had more than $2.3 million in PPP loans forgiven. 

GOP Rep. Markwayne Mullin of Oklahoma said farmers, ranchers, small business owners and teachers in his state don't need to be "paying the debts of Ivy League lawyers and doctors across the U.S." He had more than $1.4 million in PPP loans forgiven, according to the White House.

Republican lawmakers Kevin Hern, Mike Kelly and Matt Gaetz also had more than $1 million, $987,000, and $482,300 forgiven, respectively, according to the White House. 

When 50% of republicans are willing to vote for a cop killing narcissist, and only look critically at democrats while supporting a violent dictator wannabe, what chance does American democracy have to survive?

• Options
    TJ25487 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:

So your logic is if one guy does a stupid fucking thing then the other guy gets to do it too? Gotcha! 
    No I’m saying you were not here with outrage when that tax bill was passed! 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    JB16057 said:

Republican lawmakers saved a lot more then $10k apiece with PPP loan forgiveness, where’s the outrage? Oh yeah, it’s ok when rich people benefit from govt assistance. But when it’s poor people, look out.

GOP Rep. Vern Buchanan of Florida tweeted out a segment of him speaking on Fox Business about the loan, saying in the tweet that he was a "blue-collar kid who worked his way through college." 

"I know firsthand the sacrifices people make to receive an education," he said. "Biden's reckless, unilateral student loan giveaway is unfair to the 87 percent of Americans without student loan debt and those who played by the rules." 

According to the White House, Buchanan had more than $2.3 million in PPP loans forgiven. 

GOP Rep. Markwayne Mullin of Oklahoma said farmers, ranchers, small business owners and teachers in his state don't need to be "paying the debts of Ivy League lawyers and doctors across the U.S." He had more than $1.4 million in PPP loans forgiven, according to the White House.

Republican lawmakers Kevin Hern, Mike Kelly and Matt Gaetz also had more than $1 million, $987,000, and $482,300 forgiven, respectively, according to the White House. 

When 50% of republicans are willing to vote for a cop killing narcissist, and only look critically at democrats while supporting a violent dictator wannabe, what chance does American democracy have to survive?

Yeah it's great to see the PPP stats when the GOP starts complaining about student loan forgiveness.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

• Options
    Can anyone tell me at what point post grad you have to be making 125k to not qualify for the forgiveness? Surely we don't expect college grads to make that their first year out of college.   
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Can anyone tell me at what point post grad you have to be making 125k to not qualify for the forgiveness? Surely we don't expect college grads to make that their first year out of college.   
    probably not first year....I know accountant's are getting paid about $80-$90K first year. Nurses are making $125K after a few years

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    probably not first year....I know accountant's are getting paid about $80-$90K first year. Nurses are making $125K after a few years
    So what is it? I have looked for that super important detail from the start of this and can't find it.  Leads me to believe people are immediately eligible and that seems crazy.