Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    With the New York Times confirming some of the info on the Hunter Biden laptops, does this potentially create any legal trouble for joe?  Some of the emails implicated Joe as being complicit in Hunter's business dealings.  I don't think any of those specific emails have been authenticated yet at this time.  At the risk of being attacked for even bringing this stuff up I was wondering what some of the more politically savvy members think of the Hunter Laptop situation now that it seems that some of the info is being verified by legitimate sources.
    Sad no? 
    Well it has went as I expected so far.  As someone that hasn't followed the situation closely I was under the impression that all of the laptop stuff was russian misinformation.  Then I saw that the NYT verified some of the data and thought some of the experts here could explain this more in depth.  So far I haven't read any informative posts and see the usual but her emails, or vague implications that I am bringing up something to make Biden look bad.  All I am looking for is someone to better explain the situation to me as it appears the nature of these sources being verified and not actually russian disinformation have changed. 

I'm all ears to anyone that can better inform me of the current situation without veiled accusations or insults, I realize that could be asking a bit much.  For the record I would have still voted for Joe if these had all been verified in 2020, not looking to relitigate the past, just wondering how this changes or doesn't change anything going forward.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,198
    JB16057 said:
    Those emails have been known for a few years now. Nothing that VP Biden did in/for Ukraine seemed to tie in to his son's dealings at all.

This has already been looked at.  This investigation started a few years ago right? And no charges yet.
    Trump hasn't been charged with anything and it's been years that he has been investigated. Trump's dealing have been looked at. There have been no charges so does that mean he did nothing wrong as welll? No charges yet!

There is a criminal tax probe still happening with Hunter....

point being until charges are brought there likely isn't much to discuss....what is new with the NYT story? That Hunter paid his tax bill?

The article even says that him paying it makes prosecution more difficult.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    JB16057 said:
    Those emails have been known for a few years now. Nothing that VP Biden did in/for Ukraine seemed to tie in to his son's dealings at all.

This has already been looked at.  This investigation started a few years ago right? And no charges yet.
    Trump hasn't been charged with anything and it's been years that he has been investigated. Trump's dealing have been looked at. There have been no charges so does that mean he did nothing wrong as welll? No charges yet!

point being until charges are brought there likely isn't much to discuss....what is new with the NYT story? That Hunter paid his tax bill?

"The Times reported that although the probe initially was focused on a possible criminal violation of tax laws, it since has broadened to include questions of whether Hunter Biden violated laws related to foreign lobbying and money laundering."'

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

"The Times reported that although the probe initially was focused on a possible criminal violation of tax laws, it since has broadened to include questions of whether Hunter Biden violated laws related to foreign lobbying and money laundering."'

as they should

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    With the New York Times confirming some of the info on the Hunter Biden laptops, does this potentially create any legal trouble for joe?  Some of the emails implicated Joe as being complicit in Hunter's business dealings.  I don't think any of those specific emails have been authenticated yet at this time.  At the risk of being attacked for even bringing this stuff up I was wondering what some of the more politically savvy members think of the Hunter Laptop situation now that it seems that some of the info is being verified by legitimate sources.
    Sad no? 
    Well it has went as I expected so far.  As someone that hasn't followed the situation closely I was under the impression that all of the laptop stuff was russian misinformation.  Then I saw that the NYT verified some of the data and thought some of the experts here could explain this more in depth.  So far I haven't read any informative posts and see the usual but her emails, or vague implications that I am bringing up something to make Biden look bad.  All I am looking for is someone to better explain the situation to me as it appears the nature of these sources being verified and not actually russian disinformation have changed. 

I'm all ears to anyone that can better inform me of the current situation without veiled accusations or insults, I realize that could be asking a bit much.  For the record I would have still voted for Joe if these had all been verified in 2020, not looking to relitigate the past, just wondering how this changes or doesn't change anything going forward.
    You want someone here to explain to you potential legal troubles for Joe Biden based on emails found on his son's laptop that you yourself said weren't yet authenticated? 
  • Options
    You know how I know POTUS is safe? He didn't fire Weiss or talk about firing Weiss or talk about how Weiss is a racist, etc.

The prosecutors have discussed approaching potential FARA violations as a civil matter, which would require Mr. Biden to register retroactively as a foreign agent, but would avoid criminal charges, according to the people familiar with the case.

In the same April 2014 email, Hunter Biden indicated that Burisma’s officials “need to know in no uncertain terms that we will not and cannot intervene directly with domestic policymakers, and that we need to abide by FARA and any other U.S. laws in the strictest sense across the board.”

• Options
    yeah I bet they are all shaking in their boots...

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,357
    Hunter Biden is guilty of a lot of things as are many of the Trump adult children. Glad Obama's kids were younger and the Bush and Clinton daughters were pretty normal so we didnt have the distractions of each party trying to attach them to their parents for political blackmail. How's everybody here feel about all the stuff their adult children have done? Unless Joe Biden hid evidence or assisted his son in covering up anything, why does it even matter to the general public? 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

as they should
    I don't really care about what Hunter did. I don't have any faith that if he did do something wrong, that he would have get in to any serious trouble.

A bigger piece to this story is the "Russian Disinformation" claims. Why is everything Russian Disinformation? I'm not saying that Russia is innocent but the Democrats blamed Russia for many things in the last 6 years. Russia is pissed at America for constantly doing this, as they should be. When the Hunter Biden laptop came out, more than 50 senior intelligence officials said that it was Russian Disinformation. It's one thing if a bunch of people on a Pearl Jam message board want to say that but we had officials from some of the highest parts of grovernment claiming this.

They even went as far as to say: "“If we are right,” they added, “this is Russia trying to influence how Americans vote in this election, and we believe strongly that Americans need to be aware of this.”"

They were lying through their teeth. I have never suspected this was Russian Disinformation because it was clear to me that it was authentic. The story on how it appeared is odd but Hunter was in the middle of a years long binge. Addicts do stupid things. They even leave their laptops at repair shops and then forget about them. Either way, these officials blamed Russia when there was NO proof of that even being possible. They went as fat as to say that this was going to negatively influence America voting. They lied to us and I don't know if it would've made a difference in the election or not but they were concerned it would be and they were lying to us all. It wasn't only these top officials. The Democratic party and media were all complicit in this.

They tampered with our elections by blaming Russia and trying to make us think that this was just another Russia plot to hurt our democracy. Funny enough, there were multiple members in Trump's Administration that came out and said that this was not Russian Disinformation. Those officials were either completely ignored or just laughed at. The FBI had this laptop in their hands since December of 2019. The FBI had to know by the summer/fall of 2020 that this was legitimate. Even the FBI was complicit in this.

Who cares about Hunter Biden? The bigger issue is that we were all lied to and misled by our government, law officials and media.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,015
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Sad no? 

I’d chime in if I knew exactly what the NYT has “verified,” as I’m paywalled out and will not read the right wing echo chamber’s reporting on it.

Did Hunter have a laptop? Yes. Did he allegedly drop them off to be repaired? Seems to have. Were there emails on said laptop? Probably but I haven’t seen them and doesn’t everyone have emails on their laptop? Was Hunter working for or with Ukraine to make POOTWH look like he was “colluding” with Putin on the ritz? No, not that I’m aware of. If memory serves, the emails allegedly suggest/show/prove that Hunter was accepting money from Ukraine for influencing his father and administration policy toward Russia and Ukraine, unfavorable/favorable. At the time this story broke, it appeared to be a “whataboutism” as POOTWH’s Russian collusion details remained in the news. In the absence of the NYT article and details, difficult to understand what this “new” revelation is about.

POOTWH’s collusion with the Russians was not a crime, there was a squashed finding that that didn’t mean a crime hadn’t been committed (collusion is not a “crime.”) If you don’t think, knowing what we know now, that the POOTWH campaign colluded with Putin on the ritz and that that is a problem, I question not only your judgement but also your patriotism. There have been numerous indictments, convictions, guilty pleas regarding POOTWH and collusion with Putin on the ritz, as well as reams of other damning evidence from multiple sources, much still redacted and much available. Not to mention ongoing investigations, including sentencing this past week.

In addition, the POOTWH administration did everything it could to interfere with, stonewall and squash the Team Mueller investigation, inclusive of firing the head of the FBI, AG, dangling and granting pardons, prematurely quashing Team Mueller and appointing Bull Durham. Contrast that to the Brandon Administration and before that, Obama. If you can’t see the difference, again, I question your judgement.

Until there is an indictment of Hunter, followed by a conviction or a guilty plea, of him or anyone associated, it appears this latest “revelation” is a distraction or a recycling of Buh, buh, buh his laptops. My guess is that there’s some unflattering POOTWH news about to drop. It all smells like a land deal in Arkansas, Rose Law Firm billing records, a stain on a dress, abandoned service members on a beach, fake birth certificate, buh, buh, buh Benghazi, buh, buh, buh her emails.

Regardless, only the guilty plea the Fifth and if Hunter is convicted of a crime, I look forward to Brandon or Kamala’s pardon.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Disinformation works.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Sad no? 

In addition, the POOTWH administration did everything it could to interfere with, stonewall and squash the Team Mueller investigation, inclusive of firing the head of the FBI, AG, dangling and granting pardons, prematurely quashing Team Mueller and appointing Bull Durham.
    Trump could've ended the Mueller investigation whenever he wanted by firing Mueller. He didn't.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Sad no? 

In addition, the POOTWH administration did everything it could to interfere with, stonewall and squash the Team Mueller investigation, inclusive of firing the head of the FBI, AG, dangling and granting pardons, prematurely quashing Team Mueller and appointing Bull Durham.
    Trump could've ended the Mueller investigation whenever he wanted by firing Mueller. He didn't.
    He ended it by having Bill DISbarred doing his dirty work for him and releasing the 4 page BS synopsis ahead of releasing the Team Mueller report.

So, you think it was a transparent investigation devoid of interference?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    For old times sake and for the newbies.

“There was no collusion.”

“I don’t know any Russians.”

“I have nothing to hide.”

“I’ll sit down and talk to anyone.”

“We do everything by the book.”

“Only the guilty plea the fifth.”

“Very legal, very cool.”

“Fully exonerated.”

“Essentially no obstruction.”

“Very friendly and totally appropriate.”

“No quid pro quo.”

“Imminent threat.”

“I thought he was Israeli.”

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Sad no? 

He ended it by having Bill DISbarred doing his dirty work for him and releasing the 4 page BS synopsis ahead of releasing the Team Mueller report.

You're the one claiming the POOTWH administration did EVERYTHING it could to interfere. I simply pointed out that they didn't do EVERYTHING as you claim.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Sad no? 

You're the one claiming the POOTWH administration did EVERYTHING it could to interfere. I simply pointed out that they didn't do EVERYTHING as you claim.
    Interfere with WHAT? The election or the investigation of the POOTWH campaign’s collusion with Putin on the ritz? 

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Sad no? 

Interfere with WHAT? The election or the investigation of the POOTWH campaign’s collusion with Putin on the ritz? 
    Here is what you said: "In addition, the POOTWH administration did everything it could to interfere with, stonewall and squash the Team Mueller investigation....."

The POOTWH did not do EVERYTHING it could to interfere with the Team Mueller investigation.

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Sad no? 

Here is what you said: "In addition, the POOTWH administration did everything it could to interfere with, stonewall and squash the Team Mueller investigation....."

The POOTWH did not do EVERYTHING it could to interfere with the Team Mueller investigation.

POOTWH wanted to fire Team Mueller but didn’t because it was politically untenable and most of the DOJ, inclusive of his attorneys, would have resigned in protest. POOTWH tried and failed but got the same result. Guess I should have said, “did 99% of what could have been done to interfere with the Team Mueller investigation?”

Good to know where your priorities and focus are though. Guess that absolves POOTWH of everything else?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,357
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Sad no? 

POOTWH wanted to fire Team Mueller but didn’t because it was politically untenable and most of the DOJ, inclusive of his attorneys, would have resigned in protest. POOTWH tried and failed but got the same result. Guess I should have said, “did 99% of what could have been done to interfere with the Team Mueller investigation?”

Good to know where your priorities and focus are though. Guess that absolves POOTWH of everything else?

Well, to be fair, you hammer on everyone else for their choice of adjective. You exaggerated, not a big deal, but to and fro, the pendulum....
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Sad no? 

POOTWH deserves whatever he has coming to him. Please bring charges against him if those charges are deserved.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Sad no? 

Well, to be fair, you hammer on everyone else for their choice of adjective. You exaggerated, not a big deal, but to and fro, the pendulum....
    ooooooooooooo, I got burned. Guess I'll go pout. Its a pretty thin hair to be splitting between "firing Team Mueller" and "having DISbarred end the investigation." I'm not sure there wasn't anything left to do to hinder the investigation other than maybe novichok tea parties. So yea, EVERYTHING.

Hammer away.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,547
    "But his son's emails" is the new "but her emails" to these people.

lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,164

lol
    but if you recall, in the beginning, when it was first discovered she deleted 33 thousand emails when she wasn't supposed to, the investigation was completely warranted. we only laugh about it now because no wrong doing was found and trumpsters keep hammering on about it 4.5 years later. but initially, it was a credible investigation. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315

lol
    but if you recall, in the beginning, when it was first discovered she deleted 33 thousand emails when she wasn't supposed to, the investigation was completely warranted. we only laugh about it now because no wrong doing was found and trumpsters keep hammering on about it 4.5 years later. but initially, it was a credible investigation. 
    never forget that comey tried to fuck the clintons the week before the election. she still won the popular vote by 3.5 million. trump just won electoral college by winning a few key counties in a few states. but do not forget that comey did all he could to harm her chances.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,164
    yes, I do recall that. But I'm just pointing out that just because the hunter biden laptop thing seems like another red herring, doesn't mean it is. Mind you, like someone else said, if Joe isn't involved, I couldn't give two craps. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I look forward to the house impeachment hearings to begin in 2023 after the repubs take the house and senate and Maggie 3 Names and Dopert are given plum committee assignments to showcase their loyalty to POOTWH. Fun times ahead. They'll drag this on right up through November 2024. 

Brilliantati©
  • Options

lol
    But do you think it's fair to have an issue with how this whole thing was handled? How is this not interfering with our elections when the laptop was legitimate, the FBI knew it along with the Trump administration, yet we still had so many officials and media telling us it was Russian disinformation?

Do you want fair elections? I do. Everyone who said this was Russian disinformation knew exactly what they were doing because they wanted to shield Joe Biden from any negative press. That is interfering in our elections and it should be called out for what it is.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,246

“Very legal, very cool.”

“Fully exonerated.”

“No quid pro quo.”

“Imminent threat.”

What newbies?
  • Options

“Very legal, very cool.”

“Fully exonerated.”

“No quid pro quo.”

“Imminent threat.”

What newbies?
    There are some folks on here who could benefit from reviewing the POOTWH thread, beginning on page one. Or the Russian interference thread.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,246
    JB16057 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    Sad no? 

The trump that existed in 2018 does not agree with that. That year was near the end of an era where presidents were judged by “protocol.” A million protocols were ended by trump, such as not putting money in blind trust or not threatening to kill someone on 5th Avenue, and on and on.

2018 trump was concerned that firing prosecutors did not work out well for Nixon, so he decided he’d harm the investigation in many other less obvious ways. Of course, Rambo 2020 trump, would scale the walls of congress to murder anyone certifying 270 electoral votes against him, that trump would fire mueller in a heartbeat.