*** President Joe Biden & Vice President Kamala Harris ***

Comments

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    edited November 2020

Or you could call out the republicans and stop giving them a chance, you know the people that are actually impeding you from doing your job. Who knows maybe go after the GSA and Emily Murphy.  By all means you do you and ask for donations from a country with an unemployment problem during a pandemic...maybe we should have means tested donations to politicians. Prove that you can pull yourself up by the bootstraps and mortgage your house for the first million.
    Post edited by static111 on
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,552
    static111 said:

Or you could call out the republicans and stop giving them a chance, you know the people that are actually impeding you from doing your job. Who knows maybe go after the GSA and Emily Murphy.  By all means you do you and ask for donations from a country with an unemployment problem during a pandemic...maybe we should have means tested donations to politicians. Prove that you can pull yourself up by the bootstraps and mortgage your house for the first million.

I'm a bit confused by your post here, static.  Perhaps you can help me out here:

-Have not Biden and Harris the DNC already called out Republican leaders for not stepping up and challenging Trump on this bullshit?
    -Did you not know that top Democrats have already vociferously demanded the General Services Administration and Murphy to  ascertain Joe Biden's election win?  (Actually, yes, they have:  https://www.npr.org/sections/biden-transition-updates/2020/11/20/936929823/top-house-democrats-demand-biden-transition-briefing-from-gsa-chief )
    -Do you really think the DNC expects the unemployed and impoverished to fund the transition, or could this call for financial assistance be a plea to those in this country who actually have profited during the pandemic?  (There are many who have- look at the stock market.)
    -What are "means tested donations to politicians"? (I honestly don't know what that is.)
    -Was this request for money was made by Biden and Harris?  It appears to me the ad is from Act Blue.
    -Do we know, in fact, that Biden, Harris, and other Democratic leaders have not already helped fund this cause already? 
    -Do Biden and Harris in fact even have boots?  I'm really not sure about that. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:
    -Was this request for money was made by Biden and Harris?  It appears to me the ad is from Act Blue.

Who posted the tweet...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:

I'm a bit confused by your post here, static.  Perhaps you can help me out here:

-Have not Biden and Harris the DNC already called out Republican leaders for not stepping up and challenging Trump on this bullshit?
    -Did you not know that top Democrats have already vociferously demanded the General Services Administration and Murphy to  ascertain Joe Biden's election win?  (Actually, yes, they have:  https://www.npr.org/sections/biden-transition-updates/2020/11/20/936929823/top-house-democrats-demand-biden-transition-briefing-from-gsa-chief )
    -Do you really think the DNC expects the unemployed and impoverished to fund the transition, or could this call for financial assistance be a plea to those in this country who actually have profited during the pandemic?  (There are many who have- look at the stock market.)
    -What are "means tested donations to politicians"? (I honestly don't know what that is.)
    -Do we know, in fact, that Biden, Harris, and other Democratic leaders have not already helped fund this cause already? 

The top Democrats have been extremely tepid on dealing with this clowncoup...they should be out every day vociferously challenging Republican patriotism for their lack of respect for democracy and hammering home the lack of evidence in the claims of fraud.
    Instead, they are piddle-farting down the middle of the road, shitting on the fence, waiting for it to resolve on its own so they don't have to straighten their spines up and take a stand.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:

Actblue is just the clearinghouse that the donations will be funneled through.  It is indeed an ask by Biden Harris.   The means testing part is snark because so many politicians require means testing in order to be eligible for aid programs you must demonstrate a certain set of standards to meet the need for relief.  There are many resources available on the poison pill of means testing vs universal benefits. It became really popular among democrats with Clinton and his welfare reform.  Kind of touted as a way to save money for the government but mostly causing a net negative effect for the poor.  It was the Dems way of being kinder and gentler than the republicans, yes but like so much it falls short.   I’m sure you’ve heard of pulling yourself up by the bootstraps a phrase that many are fond of. I’m sure the president elect could dig deep and persevere.  

While I realize this problem is wholly the result of Donald Trump and his refusal to come to grips with reality I think it is disingenuous to be asking Americans to charitably foot the bill when the funds are already there.  The sooner Biden starts playing hardball with those assholes the sooner he can get things going.  Meanwhile asking for donations that will be cleared by actblue isn’t going to do a thing long term besides put money away for re-elections.  Once the GSA money does go through what happens to the transition donations?  Likely it goes right into the campaign war chest.  

We are a laughingstock and the president elect pretending he needs to go fund me and crowd fund the government is ridiculous irregardless of if it is because of trump or anyone else.  
    Scio me nihil scire

My take is, let's focus on being supportive of our newly elected hopefully soon-to-be president and vice president before we start harshly criticizing them.  I don't think the DNC is perfect, but I also don't think this is the moment to heap harsh criticism on the side that is being subject to the worst of injustices. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    My take is, let's focus on being supportive of our newly elected hopefully soon-to-be president and vice president before we start harshly criticizing them.  I don't think the DNC is perfect, but I also don't think this is the moment to heap harsh criticism on the side that is being subject to the worst of injustices. 
    I can see that.  It’s just frustrating the whole f@&$ing situation.
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    I can see that.  It’s just frustrating the whole f@&$ing situation.

I can appreciate that and I am certainly not above being critical of the DNC.  

My wife and I do tithing, mostly by giving money to environmental organizations we trust and some to some social issues, but this year we gave more money than we ever have to political issues due to concern over the presidential election.  What we have left to give that way is going to the Georgia senate races.  Those are really going to be close.  But it's a tough call because, long shot though it may be, if Trump somehow manages to maintain his position in the White House, I think we are in for the most hellacious ride imaginable!

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Exclusive: One-On-One With Biden In First Post-Election Interview

https://youtu.be/YRoT7iDGXVE

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

Exclusive: One-On-One With Biden In First Post-Election Interview

get ready for conservatives to constantly make fun of the man for how much he misspeaks because of his stutter. it's going to be a 4 year smear campaign of "he's losing his mind". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,931

get ready for conservatives to constantly make fun of the man for how much he misspeaks because of his stutter. it's going to be a 4 year smear campaign of "he's losing his mind". 
    yep...old and senile, dementia Joe, pedophile, creepy, etc.  

Whatever...at least that fuckwad will be out of office
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I'm not a conservative, and I also know that he has struggled with a stutter since he was a child.

Yet, I've also studied human biostatistics extensively enough to know that it's not a stretch for anyone, regardless of his/her political affiliation or knowledge of a preexisting stutter, to assume the position that a 78-year-old human being is losing his/her mind.

Anyone saying otherwise is merely expressing their ill-informed opinion for the sake of politics and ignoring centuries of empirical data on how the human brain ages.

Seems like he has a lot of qualified caretakers (read: not sycophants) being announced daily, so I'm not all that concerned about the greater good of the US, though. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

I'm not a conservative, and I also know that he has struggled with a stutter since he was a child.

Yet, I've also studied human biostatistics extensively enough to know that it's not a stretch for anyone, regardless of his/her political affiliation or knowledge of a preexisting stutter, to assume the position that a 78-year-old human being is losing his/her mind.

Anyone saying otherwise is merely expressing their ill-informed opinion for the sake of politics and ignoring centuries of empirical data on how the human brain ages.

Seems like he has a lot of qualified caretakers (read: not sycophants) being announced daily, so I'm not all that concerned about the greater good of the US, though. 
    well of course the likelihood of losing one's faculties as you age is a no-brainer. my point is people are going to use his stutter as a reason to claim he is suffering from mental decline. 

of course it could be true that he is. but just because he says "PPP" instead of "PPE" doesn't automatically make it mental decline. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    https://youtu.be/YgJvgESR920

Ken=Biden
    Otto=Trump
    Archie=Harris?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,931
    dankind said:

He's losing his mind as much as the rest of us.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    edited November 2020
    Joe with a 55% favorable rating from Gallup

https://news.gallup.com/poll/326885/biden-favorability-rises-trump-dips.aspx

Context:

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    dankind said:

He's losing his mind as much as the rest of us.

I'm there.  And why not.  Sometimes a little help that way can be useful as well.

But, seriously, what is lost is sharpness is made up for in gained wisdom.  Look at native and indigenous tribes.  The elders were often and regularly consulted because of their gained wisdom.  Biden will do fine.  I think we need to relax about this issue and stop worrying it to death.

For 4 years I'll stay on the "still fucking sharper than Trump ever was" train, but I don't think he should run again in 2024.  Assuming there are no major (legitimate) scandals in the administration, he should step aside and let Harris run against the GOP challenger.  In any case, stutter or not, I will just try to enjoy a POTUS who is a mature adult who thinks and speaks above a grade-school level.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,283
    rgambs said:
    For 4 years I'll stay on the "still fucking sharper than Trump ever was" train, but I don't think he should run again in 2024.  Assuming there are no major (legitimate) scandals in the administration, he should step aside and let Harris run against the GOP challenger.  In any case, stutter or not, I will just try to enjoy a POTUS who is a mature adult who thinks and speaks above a grade-school level.

that consistently exhibits compassion and empathy....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • rgambs said:
    If he steps aside after his first term, she should primaried in 2024. She had such little support in the 2020 primary that I don't think she deserves to presumptive 2024 nominee just because Biden picked her as VP. Probably wouldn't be the best idea for the Dems to do this, because it would just cause in-fighting and division amongst the party. But her bombing in the 2020 primary with Dems might suggest that she'd struggle in a general election. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518
    mickeyrat said:
    rgambs said:

that consistently exhibits compassion and empathy....
    Uses common sense
    Has morals and ethics
    Understands the rule of law
    Understand and believes in the constitution 
    Cares about Americans and America
    Doesn't encourage racist xenophobic behavior
    Etc etc
    rgambs said:
    If he steps aside after his first term, she should primaried in 2024. She had such little support in the 2020 primary that I don't think she deserves to presumptive 2024 nominee just because Biden picked her as VP. Probably wouldn't be the best idea for the Dems to do this, because it would just cause in-fighting and division amongst the party. But her bombing in the 2020 primary with Dems might suggest that she'd struggle in a general election. 
    Yeah I don't necessarily think she has, or will have earned it, but primary during incumbency is just a bad idea for the party and for winning.  Again, assuming no major (legitimate) scandals, she will be the most recognizable and high-profile Democrat with the prospect of the smoothest transition possible.  I have to assume the GOP candidate in 2024 is going to be batshit crazy, because that's just how they roll nowadays, so her chances in the general shouldn't be any more or less than anyone else the DNC has in line.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,705
    edited December 2020
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Yeah I don't necessarily think she has, or will have earned it, but primary during incumbency is just a bad idea for the party and for winning.  Again, assuming no major (legitimate) scandals, she will be the most recognizable and high-profile Democrat with the prospect of the smoothest transition possible.  I have to assume the GOP candidate in 2024 is going to be batshit crazy, because that's just how they roll nowadays, so her chances in the general shouldn't be any more or less than anyone else the DNC has in line.
    Yeah that's true (especially the bolded parts). I just don't like her and some of the Dems I do like (Yang most of all, Pete and Amy to some degree), are likely going to have to sit on the sidelines. It will be interesting to see what Biden actually does in 2024. He'll be very old as we all know, but it's been a long time since a president didn't' run for re-election, so it'd definitely be strange. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Harris/Yang 2024
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    Had the Dems operated as Obama is suggesting here, they might not be in a position where they need to sweat out a couple long shot runoffs in Georgia to reclaim the senate. Thank god Joe Biden was at the top of the ticket

chinese-happy.jpg
    Had the Dems operated as Obama is suggesting here, they might not be in a position where they need to sweat out a couple long shot runoffs in Georgia to reclaim the senate. Thank god Joe Biden was at the top of the ticket

unfortunately all that is too long for a hashtag. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,283

well it IS obama..... that dude can talk.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

well it IS obama..... that dude can talk.
    he can, very eloquently and intelligently. my point is if it doesn't fit into a cute little sound bite, no one pays attention. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD