Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

*** President Joe Biden & Vice President Kamala Harris ***

123457»

Comments

  • Bidens friend:


    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • static111static111 Posts: 1,883
    edited November 21

    Or you could call out the republicans and stop giving them a chance, you know the people that are actually impeding you from doing your job. Who knows maybe go after the GSA and Emily Murphy.  By all means you do you and ask for donations from a country with an unemployment problem during a pandemic...maybe we should have means tested donations to politicians. Prove that you can pull yourself up by the bootstraps and mortgage your house for the first million.
    Post edited by static111 on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 32,760
    static111 said:

    Or you could call out the republicans and stop giving them a chance, you know the people that are actually impeding you from doing your job. Who knows maybe go after the GSA and Emily Murphy.  By all means you do you and ask for donations from a country with an unemployment problem during a pandemic...maybe we should have means tested donations to politicians. Prove that you can pull yourself up by the bootstraps and mortgage your house for the first million.

    I'm a bit confused by your post here, static.  Perhaps you can help me out here:

    -Have not Biden and Harris the DNC already called out Republican leaders for not stepping up and challenging Trump on this bullshit?
    -Did you not know that top Democrats have already vociferously demanded the General Services Administration and Murphy to  ascertain Joe Biden's election win?  (Actually, yes, they have:  https://www.npr.org/sections/biden-transition-updates/2020/11/20/936929823/top-house-democrats-demand-biden-transition-briefing-from-gsa-chief )
    -Do you really think the DNC expects the unemployed and impoverished to fund the transition, or could this call for financial assistance be a plea to those in this country who actually have profited during the pandemic?  (There are many who have- look at the stock market.)
    -What are "means tested donations to politicians"? (I honestly don't know what that is.)
    -Was this request for money was made by Biden and Harris?  It appears to me the ad is from Act Blue.
    -Do we know, in fact, that Biden, Harris, and other Democratic leaders have not already helped fund this cause already? 
    -Do Biden and Harris in fact even have boots?  I'm really not sure about that. 



    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • brianlux said:
    -Was this request for money was made by Biden and Harris?  It appears to me the ad is from Act Blue.



    Who posted the tweet...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,282
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:

    Or you could call out the republicans and stop giving them a chance, you know the people that are actually impeding you from doing your job. Who knows maybe go after the GSA and Emily Murphy.  By all means you do you and ask for donations from a country with an unemployment problem during a pandemic...maybe we should have means tested donations to politicians. Prove that you can pull yourself up by the bootstraps and mortgage your house for the first million.

    I'm a bit confused by your post here, static.  Perhaps you can help me out here:

    -Have not Biden and Harris the DNC already called out Republican leaders for not stepping up and challenging Trump on this bullshit?
    -Did you not know that top Democrats have already vociferously demanded the General Services Administration and Murphy to  ascertain Joe Biden's election win?  (Actually, yes, they have:  https://www.npr.org/sections/biden-transition-updates/2020/11/20/936929823/top-house-democrats-demand-biden-transition-briefing-from-gsa-chief )
    -Do you really think the DNC expects the unemployed and impoverished to fund the transition, or could this call for financial assistance be a plea to those in this country who actually have profited during the pandemic?  (There are many who have- look at the stock market.)
    -What are "means tested donations to politicians"? (I honestly don't know what that is.)
    -Was this request for money was made by Biden and Harris?  It appears to me the ad is from Act Blue.
    -Do we know, in fact, that Biden, Harris, and other Democratic leaders have not already helped fund this cause already? 
    -Do Biden and Harris in fact even have boots?  I'm really not sure about that. 



    The top Democrats have been extremely tepid on dealing with this clowncoup...they should be out every day vociferously challenging Republican patriotism for their lack of respect for democracy and hammering home the lack of evidence in the claims of fraud.
    Instead, they are piddle-farting down the middle of the road, shitting on the fence, waiting for it to resolve on its own so they don't have to straighten their spines up and take a stand.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • static111static111 Posts: 1,883
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:

    Or you could call out the republicans and stop giving them a chance, you know the people that are actually impeding you from doing your job. Who knows maybe go after the GSA and Emily Murphy.  By all means you do you and ask for donations from a country with an unemployment problem during a pandemic...maybe we should have means tested donations to politicians. Prove that you can pull yourself up by the bootstraps and mortgage your house for the first million.

    I'm a bit confused by your post here, static.  Perhaps you can help me out here:

    -Have not Biden and Harris the DNC already called out Republican leaders for not stepping up and challenging Trump on this bullshit?
    -Did you not know that top Democrats have already vociferously demanded the General Services Administration and Murphy to  ascertain Joe Biden's election win?  (Actually, yes, they have:  https://www.npr.org/sections/biden-transition-updates/2020/11/20/936929823/top-house-democrats-demand-biden-transition-briefing-from-gsa-chief )
    -Do you really think the DNC expects the unemployed and impoverished to fund the transition, or could this call for financial assistance be a plea to those in this country who actually have profited during the pandemic?  (There are many who have- look at the stock market.)
    -What are "means tested donations to politicians"? (I honestly don't know what that is.)
    -Was this request for money was made by Biden and Harris?  It appears to me the ad is from Act Blue.
    -Do we know, in fact, that Biden, Harris, and other Democratic leaders have not already helped fund this cause already? 
    -Do Biden and Harris in fact even have boots?  I'm really not sure about that. 



    Actblue is just the clearinghouse that the donations will be funneled through.  It is indeed an ask by Biden Harris.   The means testing part is snark because so many politicians require means testing in order to be eligible for aid programs you must demonstrate a certain set of standards to meet the need for relief.  There are many resources available on the poison pill of means testing vs universal benefits. It became really popular among democrats with Clinton and his welfare reform.  Kind of touted as a way to save money for the government but mostly causing a net negative effect for the poor.  It was the Dems way of being kinder and gentler than the republicans, yes but like so much it falls short.   I’m sure you’ve heard of pulling yourself up by the bootstraps a phrase that many are fond of. I’m sure the president elect could dig deep and persevere.  

    While I realize this problem is wholly the result of Donald Trump and his refusal to come to grips with reality I think it is disingenuous to be asking Americans to charitably foot the bill when the funds are already there.  The sooner Biden starts playing hardball with those assholes the sooner he can get things going.  Meanwhile asking for donations that will be cleared by actblue isn’t going to do a thing long term besides put money away for re-elections.  Once the GSA money does go through what happens to the transition donations?  Likely it goes right into the campaign war chest.  

    We are a laughingstock and the president elect pretending he needs to go fund me and crowd fund the government is ridiculous irregardless of if it is because of trump or anyone else.  
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 32,760
    My take is, let's focus on being supportive of our newly elected hopefully soon-to-be president and vice president before we start harshly criticizing them.  I don't think the DNC is perfect, but I also don't think this is the moment to heap harsh criticism on the side that is being subject to the worst of injustices. 
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • static111static111 Posts: 1,883
    brianlux said:
    My take is, let's focus on being supportive of our newly elected hopefully soon-to-be president and vice president before we start harshly criticizing them.  I don't think the DNC is perfect, but I also don't think this is the moment to heap harsh criticism on the side that is being subject to the worst of injustices. 
    I can see that.  It’s just frustrating the whole [email protected]&$ing situation.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 32,760
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    My take is, let's focus on being supportive of our newly elected hopefully soon-to-be president and vice president before we start harshly criticizing them.  I don't think the DNC is perfect, but I also don't think this is the moment to heap harsh criticism on the side that is being subject to the worst of injustices. 
    I can see that.  It’s just frustrating the whole [email protected]&$ing situation.

    I can appreciate that and I am certainly not above being critical of the DNC.  

    My wife and I do tithing, mostly by giving money to environmental organizations we trust and some to some social issues, but this year we gave more money than we ever have to political issues due to concern over the presidential election.  What we have left to give that way is going to the Georgia senate races.  Those are really going to be close.  But it's a tough call because, long shot though it may be, if Trump somehow manages to maintain his position in the White House, I think we are in for the most hellacious ride imaginable!
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 22,744

    Exclusive: One-On-One With Biden In First Post-Election Interview


    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Sign In or Register to comment.