Options

Eddie on Howard Stern today!

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    I remember quite a few people being very negative about the idea of EV doing Stern. We would have missed out on the best interview ever. 

I was skeptical that he WOULD do it, as I didn't think he would want to open up or be put on the spot about certain things (I also think there were probably some ground rules ahead of time... while they touched on Cornell's passing, Eddie didn't get too deep into it, or his relationship with him, which I don't think was an accident).

If I had to guess, I would think those who were negative about the idea were probably hung up on their impression of Howard Stern from the 90s who used to fling bologna at women's asses... the guy has come a long way as an interviewer, and it definitely isn't the same show it was 25 years ago.

Right now he is a complete bore. 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,543
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    What I care about is if it bumped sales. And it did just that. Gigaton is back at least on the iTunes  rock album chart. Elderly Woman is #20 on the iTunes alternative songs. Better Man, Last Kiss, Yellow Ledbetter, and Black are there as well. Ten, vs, Vitalogy, and Greatest hits are on the Alternative album chart. Ten and the Greatest hits are always there anyway. Both are in the iTunes Top 100 Album
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    why would you care about pearl jam sales?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I like to see them do well
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Most interesting thing... Vedder is a Stern fan. He even knew who High-Pitched Eric was. Lol
    Great interview... well done Howard, Robin and Eddie 
  • Options
    Leanne01Leanne01 Oklahoma Posts: 6
    Howard is doing a recap of the interview right now. He said he and Eddie talked on the phone for another hour after the interview 
    2006 - Las Vegas
    2013 - Oklahoma City
    2014 - Tulsa
  • Options
    Most interesting thing... Vedder is a Stern fan. He even knew who High-Pitched Eric was. Lol
    He also thinks Robin's laugh is the best ever.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Eddie sounds great. 

He should have played between 3-15 more songs. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    First time I hear that story of YL... great
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,748
    Eddie Vedder offered his thoughts for a more unified America prior to the 2020 Presidential election. 

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    Am I the only one who cannot access ANY of these links?

• Options
    Can anyone hook me up with a link to the interview? Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 
  • Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    lol I thought the same exact thing. 
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Options
    Can anyone hook me up with a link to the interview? Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 
    Edit: I just realized someone posted the link to the interview above. Thanks demetrios!! 
  • Options
    mca47 said:

If you live in USA or Canada, those links will work, especially on a desktop PC.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,282
    funny part of the interview but I've always sung and thought it was 'Boxer or the Bag' as in punching or getting punched
  • Options
    MUZIK said:
    lol I thought the same exact thing. 
    You wouldn't want your favorite sports team win?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    demetrios said:
    mca47 said:

If you live in USA or Canada, those links will work, especially on a desktop PC.
    For the Sirius links, do I have to be a Howard subscriber?  I have SiriusXM, but I don't have Howard.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,778
    LOL I know.  Never thought I'd hear EV mention High Pitch.  That was a shocker.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    oh my god i just looked up high pithced erik and wtf
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mca47 said:
    demetrios said:
    mca47 said:

For the Sirius links, do I have to be a Howard subscriber?  I have SiriusXM, but I don't have Howard.

I have a SiriusXM account here in Canada but don't have the Howard100 channel. The link above is the USA link. I was able here to view & listen to them all with no problem. It's a free preview week, for SiriusXM USA.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,941
    pjhawks said:
    funny part of the interview but I've always sung and thought it was 'Boxer or the Bag' as in punching or getting punched
    For me, those words evoke images of a lover wearing a wrestling mask or, yes, even a paper bag covering his head. Hehe
  • Options
    oh my god i just looked up high pithced erik and wtf
    He’s a legend of the Whack Pack! 
    When he and Jeff the Drunk get at it... pure radio gold 
  • Options
    I thought it was a solid interview and covered a lot of ground that I don't usually hear from Eddie interviews. That being said, I thought Stern rambled a bit and the part about Ed's childhood went on for waaaay too long. It almost felt like he was trying to provoke something 
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited November 2020
    I thought it was a solid interview and covered a lot of ground that I don't usually hear from Eddie interviews. That being said, I thought Stern rambled a bit and the part about Ed's childhood went on for waaaay too long. It almost felt like he was trying to provoke something 
    You obviously don’t listen to many Stern interviews or the show often. You might be taking it out of context.  Howard talks about the struggles of his own upbringing all the time (mostly for comedic value). He has been in therapy for a long time and is interested in others experiences and ways they cope. His audience loves his own honesty and (correctly) assumes his listeners would want the same honesty from the guests. 
    You are a PJ fan and know the entire story no doubt, therefore it wouldn’t be that interesting. It would be very fair to assume the majority of Stern listeners aren’t hardcore PJ fans therefore there were many interesting nuggets there for them. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    I enjoyed the interview.  We don't get too many full interviews, and most of the time it's very controlled by the band.   Stern got to push a little harder than were accustomed too.   Was cool hearing some new stories and insights.