Options

GOP

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    This is probably pretty much what a lot of rural white Americans were thinking. We find it disgusting, but they see it as truth.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,977
    Did his wife whip him for good measure to really experience what slavery was like though?

What an asshole...  I need to look this guy up.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    Did his wife whip him for good measure to really experience what slavery was like though?

There were a lot of slaves that didn't get to see the sunset....or if they did, maybe not the sunrise.  More likely the sunrise I suppose.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,814

he probably reduced his groundskeepers salary thinking he was paying them too much. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683

I did.  Former U.S. Senator from Iowa, 2003-2021.  Anti abortion, organized and attended animal fights, refers to concern about global warming as "a religion" and finds efforts to deal with it "useless", said Ted Cruz was the "answer to my prayers", opposes stricter gun regulations, opposes Affordable Care Act, anti- same sex marriage, proponent of the Great Replacement theory.
    Need a bucket yet?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    tbergs said:
    This is probably pretty much what a lot of rural white Americans were thinking. We find it disgusting, but they see it as truth.
    What truth? 

That they would rather be a slave than an aborted baby? 
  • Options

He's a racist asshole. At least his is no longer a US Rep.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    What truth? 

That slavery wasn't a big deal and they were better off for being "brought" to America, land of the free! That's my assessment any way. If you were an aborted baby, you get nothing. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    What truth? 

That slavery wasn't a big deal and they were better off for being "brought" to America, land of the free! That's my assessment any way. If you were an aborted baby, you get nothing. 

yeah, i guess that makes sense from an ignorant & racist point of view, and we are talking about Steve King here. And a lot of rural white America. 

So yeah, I guess I agree. It is probably pretty much what a lot of rural white Americans are thinking. 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    "i'll take 'things that would have been better kept to myself than tweeted' for $600, alex..."
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    "i'll take 'things that would have been better kept to myself than tweeted' for $600, alex..."

Bonus answer Alex, What is Steve Kings entire Twitter account.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    mickeyrat said:

Bonus answer Alex, What is Steve Kings entire Twitter account.

LOL both.  I can't wait to see what the final jeopardy question is!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    What's really frightening is that there are people who will vote for these idiots...

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,580
    It’s a race to the bottom amongst the GOP and they want to take it nationwide. I saw an interview with the former SoS of Georgia, I think, and he was talking about how moderate repubs need to run and save the party from POOTWH. And as reasonable as he sounded and the points he made were good ones, all I could think that once elected, they’re going to have to bow to the extremists already in office, or get eaten alive, so we’ll just have more of them. It’s too late.

Normal.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    It’s a race to the bottom amongst the GOP and they want to take it nationwide. I saw an interview with the former SoS of Georgia, I think, and he was talking about how moderate repubs need to run and save the party from POOTWH. And as reasonable as he sounded and the points he made were good ones, all I could think that once elected, they’re going to have to bow to the extremists already in office, or get eaten alive, so we’ll just have more of them. It’s too late.

Normal.
    I agree with you. As though Trump was the only exploitative Republican that's ever existed - what a joke.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    These people are an embarrassment.  
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
  • Options
    Your G O P
             u  v e
             n  e  o
             s  r  p
                     l
                    e

• Options

Your G O P
             u  v e
             n  e  o
             s  r  p
                     l
                    e

• Options
    Know Your Enemy....

Op-Ed gift article...

Opinion: How Republican leaders broke Americans’ confidence
    Opinion by Dana Milbank
    July 08, 2022 at 17:32 ET
    On Tuesday, the venerable Gallup organization reported that just 27 percent of Americans expressed confidence in their institutions — the lowest level of trust since the questions were first asked half a century ago.
    On Wednesday, Mitch McConnell showed us why Americans feel this way.
    Republican senators announced that, under orders from the Senate Republican leader, they were pulling out of House-Senate talks finalizing details on bipartisan legislation to help the United States compete with China on semiconductor chips.
    It wasn’t because McConnell objected to the China bill; he was one of 19 Republican senators who voted for the Senate’s version. It’s because he objects to a second, unrelated bill Democrats are working on to lower prescription drug prices.
    McConnell wants to stop Democrats, including Sen. Joe Manchin III (W.Va.), from using a process known as “reconciliation” to pass that prescription-drug bill by a simple majority vote, immune from any GOP filibuster. And to stop Americans from getting cheaper prescriptions, he is willing to sabotage American manufacturers (and therefore assist China) by denying them $52 billion in support under the U.S. Innovation and Competition Act.
    In both cases, Americans lose — because McConnell thinks it’s to Republicans’ advantage in the midterm elections. He is willing to hurt the country, and help the Chinese, in order to harm Democrats’ political standing.
    “Let me be perfectly clear: there will be no bipartisan USICA as long as Democrats are pursuing a partisan reconciliation bill,” he tweeted.

continues .....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,814
    I did not have "Paul Ryan at a Metallica concert" on my GOP bingo card. 

https://news.yahoo.com/paul-ryan-said-surprised-easily-151236085.html
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152

i am pretty sure he has only the black album in his collection. fuckin dork.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    edited July 2022

i am pretty sure he has only the black album in his collection. fuckin dork.

load and reload

• Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited July 2022
     GOP nominee for senate from the state of Georgia.

sounds like a solid understanding of climate  

"Since we don't control the air, our good air decided to float over to China's bad air. So when China gets our good air, their bad air got to move. So it moves over to our good air space. Then -- now we got we to clean that back up."
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on