PS5

13»

Comments

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    OK  Have been hearing to NOT buy a PS5 from a 3rd party because they are removing parts.  Is this a thing?

Also hearing to hold off on these as the first batch has some bugs to fix.

Anyone else hearing this?
    I have read that some PS5 units have had issues. However, I have a handful of friends who bought it, and have been using it since arriving with no issues. Small sample size obviously. 
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    OK  Have been hearing to NOT buy a PS5 from a 3rd party because they are removing parts.  Is this a thing?

Also hearing to hold off on these as the first batch has some bugs to fix.

Anyone else hearing this?
    I have read that some PS5 units have had issues. However, I have a handful of friends who bought it, and have been using it since arriving with no issues. Small sample size obviously. 
    Yeah, it sounds like most of the issues are software based, and just need firmware updates from Sony.
    I think the hardware is fine, from what I've read.  I had a first gen PS3 and PS4.  My PS3 crapped out maybe a year after i got it.  No issues with my PS4 and later the PS4 Pro.  Both are loud, but never had problems.

Don't buy from 3rd party for a number of reasons.  
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited December 2020
    Ive bought the first release of consoles for decades.  Knock on wood no issues.  As far as Sony.   1,2,3,4 were all fine for me.  The 2 is the only one that broke on me after 7 yrs. 
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Anyone lucky enough to snag a PS5 yet? Target is making a large drop tomorrow between 6am-9am EST in the united states , just an FYI if you want to try to get one. Every store will have them ( still have to order online ) but much better change of getting one since you can pick up that day at your local Target.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Matts3221 said:
    Anyone lucky enough to snag a PS5 yet? Target is making a large drop tomorrow between 6am-9am EST in the united states , just an FYI if you want to try to get one. Every store will have them ( still have to order online ) but much better change of getting one since you can pick up that day at your local Target.
    I got one back in December.  It's a cool system.  I honestly haven't played it as much as I'd like to.  Work and dumb shit getting in the way.
    Only really have played two games so far.  Spider Man Miles Morales and Demon Souls.
    Good luck on the Target drop!