Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I'm pretty sure The Show is on everything next year
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    MayDay10 said:
    I'm pretty sure The Show is on everything next year
    I know, but ill also believe it when i see it. For almost a decade no real baseball xbox game. RBI Baseball was a joke
  • Options
    That 2K game also got worse each and every year...

IMO, The Show is head and shoulders the best sports video game.  
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Ive never played it, but everyone raves about it

2K had so many glitches, would freeze all the time
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    CROJAM95 said:
    Xbox Series X better have “The Show” baseball game... or I’m gonna throw mine off the roof

not playing a baseball game for years robbed me 😡

i wonder if the 4K Blu-ray Drive is a little better than Xbox one x
    Next year, I believe.

As far as the Bethesda, MS deal.  I think MS has a plan for this.  That is a LOT of money spent for one developer.  Yes, their games sell like crazy, but...

Both systems like are likely being sold at an initial loss.  The components in each or by PC standards "old", but they are well worth more than the console price tag.

I suspect that MS will offer those games to Sony.  They need to make money on game sales and I don't think reducing the sales field by 50% is a wise decision out of the gate.  I do think they'll offer MS exclusives for those games.  Ex: Xbox gets free or discounted expansions/DLC.  Timed-First release on MS, etc.  They still need to entice the purchase of the system.
    I do think after the next round or two of Bethesda games goes out, I could see them going completely exclusive.

I'm actually excited for the next-gen.  I will get a PS5...if I can actually get one.  I hope MS can convince me to get an Xbox too.
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Ive never played it, but everyone raves about it

2K had so many glitches, would freeze all the time
    I feel like graphics, realism, balance, etc.... it is the best sports game possible.  However, I rarely play online.  The Diamond Dynasty Online stuff does seem really good though.

Madden, it feels like I destroy the CPU.  If I make it hard enough, the games come out VERY low scoring and its just frustrating.  Statistics nowhere near realistic for a full season.  I tried the Card Collecting mode and it just confused and overwhelmed me.  

NHL games are decent.  A few game modes and I feel like the card mode is very good.  Franchise is decent.  Again though, I feel like I get good enough and the game comes down to the CPU goalie being overpowered vs my goalie who is a civ.  Shots would be like 45-14 me and the games are like 2-1.  Not bad, but still not entirely realistic (not that realism is easy to create in these games).

Baseball feels like baseball.  Their franchise mode blows the others out of the water with the full Minor Leagues.  Their "Be A Pro" mode is great.  The Diamond Dynasty mode is fantastic with so many old players to choose from, and its very user friendly (and very easy to have a great "no money" team).
  • Options
    If anyone gets a lead on a PS5 please let me know.  I want to dip my toe back in the gaming world.

TY
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    They'll eventually be available by November.  
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Go on to Gamestop.com now if your still looking. Looks like they are live for more pre-orders. I'd try to snag another for someone but afraid they'd cancel my previous order.
  • Options
    Go on to Gamestop.com now if your still looking. Looks like they are live for more pre-orders. I'd try to snag another for someone but afraid they'd cancel my previous order.
    they suck...always pushing bundles....
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    they suck...always pushing bundles....
    Agree, the bundle shit is annoying.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    Anyone score one?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    igotid88 said:
    Anyone score one?
    Nah, my brother asked me to keep an eye out for one but it's a lost cause where I live.
    I did manage to pre-order a Series X so, selfishly, I'm covered  =)
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Anyone score one?

I went to Target first thing this morning knowing they would not have any PS5's but thought it would be a great story if they did.

They did not :( 

• Options
    Been following the timed releases today.
    Walmart: Got to the checkout twice, it then froze and by the time it came back... "out of stock".
    Amazon:  Saw it on Amazon for about 2 seconds, but the time I clicked "Add to cart"....gone.

Loads of them on Ebay.  Bastards!
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    yeah I tried all day.  Tried all 4 Walmart times.  Got close on Best Buy.  Sold out while it was processing payment.  
  • Options
    Matts3221 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Anyone score one?

I went to Target first thing this morning knowing they would not have any PS5's but thought it would be a great story if they did.

They did not :( 

Did they have  purple ten is the real question 😁
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mca47 said:
    Been following the timed releases today.
    Walmart: Got to the checkout twice, it then froze and by the time it came back... "out of stock".
    Amazon:  Saw it on Amazon for about 2 seconds, but the time I clicked "Add to cart"....gone.

Loads of them on Ebay.  Bastards!
    I can wait, geeze.  No need to overpay anymore.
  • Options
    My target has 5 of them for sale this morning.  Im sure they had a line starting at 1am. 
  • Options
    Let me know how it is.  Not really in a hurry to get one though, but my kid really wants one for Christmas
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,791
    my grail for your PS5 ! ! ! ! 

Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    I’ve had my series x since Tuesday ( had Best Buy prepurchase) only played madden 1st few days... just quicker loading 

picked up call of duty Cold War Friday, wow you can see the difference. I have an LG OLED TV... it’s beautiful
  • Options
    Well, I have an extra PS5 controller, the PS5 headset and two games.

...no PS5.  Damnit all!
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    I’ve had my series x since Tuesday ( had Best Buy prepurchase) only played madden 1st few days... just quicker loading 

picked up call of duty Cold War Friday, wow you can see the difference. I have an LG OLED TV... it’s beautiful
    How is the new COD?  I haven't played one for years, but am thinking about getting this one if it's good.
  • Options
    So whats coming out between now and Christmas that looks good?  

Im picking up the PS5 on Saturday.  I have Miles Morales for the PS4 so that would be a double dip.  Not sure whats coming soon. 
  • Options
    mca47 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

How is the new COD?  I haven't played one for years, but am thinking about getting this one if it's good.
    Really good

looks great
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    edited December 2020
    OK, this isn't PS5 related, but my son is wanting to dump his PS4 after he gets his PS5 for Xmas (will include system, 2 remotes, plus custom SCUF remote, dual charging station and games he doesn't want).

I wont know the games till he goes through them, but they won't be 2020 sports games, maybe 2019. Asking $375. 
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • Options
    OK  Have been hearing to NOT buy a PS5 from a 3rd party because they are removing parts.  Is this a thing?

Also hearing to hold off on these as the first batch has some bugs to fix.

Anyone else hearing this?
  • Options
    OK  Have been hearing to NOT buy a PS5 from a 3rd party because they are removing parts.  Is this a thing?

Also hearing to hold off on these as the first batch has some bugs to fix.

Anyone else hearing this?
    My experience with buying both an XBox 360 and PS4 at launch is to wait.  

My 360 ended up failing less than a month after my warranty expired.  I bought a new version of the 360 (because I was vested with so many games).  Couldnt believe how sleeker and quieter the unit was, not to mention the new HDMI output. 
    My PS4 is bulkier, louder, hotter, more expensive and has less storage than PS4s that were released a year later.

PS4 is just fine for now.  There is nothing that is offered that really compels me to race for it.  We will see in the Spring and the new MLB The Show comes out, haha.  

I also want to see what Microsoft does with Bethesda releases.  I may want to switch back to XBox is that is the only place to play those releases (if they are even still good after Microsoft gets its mitts all over them)