Options

Discogs

Who here uses Discogs? It’s a fantastic app for cataloging your collections and buying and selling. 

I would love to check out peoples collections to see what gems you hold. 

My name is pjnothingman

feel free to check out my collection and please share your name so we can all enjoy it together. Here’s to music!!
Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,911
    I do. I don't really keep my collection on there though. I don't have the time to catalog it. I wish I did, because I love all the pressing information and I'd love to know what my collection is valued at.

• Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    I’m on it and love it 

my my name is ...

vinyl-tap-records
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    I use it but list nothing, just purchase.
    Great site.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I started cataloging my stuff because I would buy something at a record store, stoop sale, flea market that I already had at home. This money-saving function doesn’t work for preorders, though. D’oh!

I’ve bought a few things. I wish there was a trade option. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    Glorifed_KC is my handle.  I am more of a buyer than seller.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    A trade option would be awesome. Yea I always use it when I’m shopping to see if I already have it. Plus it catalogs it so easy with the barcode search. Fantastic app!!
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,703
    dankind said:
    I started cataloging my stuff because I would buy something at a record store, stoop sale, flea market that I already had at home. This money-saving function doesn’t work for preorders, though. D’oh!

I’ve bought a few things. I wish there was a trade option. 

thats been very helpful to me..

and you can always add the preorders to your collection before receiving or use the want list for that...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,703
    same username.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,113
    I use it.   We lost a pet last year, so I catalogued my record collection to take my mind off it.   It's probably good for insurance reason too.  I think my username on discogs is zod5000.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,686
    Discogs- I love it!  

I catalogued my LP's and 7" 45's through Discogs but not my CD's.  I started from scratch a few years ago, so it was a big job looking up all (not quite 1,000) records.  I've learned a lot and could no doubt refine my Collection, but it's close enough for government work.

Discogs is my one of my preferred places to buy records on line (plus a Bay Area independent store and direct from a few smaller labels).  I've had better luck with them than eBay (not to knock eBay- I've done well there with non-media type goods).

I like that I'm seeing on Discogs more reviews about specific pressings.  This is huge to me.  These days, there are a lot of knock-off labels that are pressing garbage and the more information out there about quality pressing, the better.  That's how, for example,  I found out about the Impex pressing of Monk's Dream I bought a few weeks ago.  Those positive reviews led me to sonic gold!  I hope we see more reviews on their site.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    They need to make it so that reviews are viewable on the app, which I’ve been using more than the website these days. 

It’s a pain in the ass to toggle between them. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Looking at peoples collections right now that posted their user names. Very cool. Some definite gems in there. One super cool thing I didn’t know was when looking at someone’s collection it shows if you have it or it’s in your wishlist. Super cool feature. I’m loving this and am super envious at some of the albums I’ve seen. I wish I had them. 
  • Options
    Looking at peoples collections right now that posted their user names. Very cool. Some definite gems in there. One super cool thing I didn’t know was when looking at someone’s collection it shows if you have it or it’s in your wishlist. Super cool feature. I’m loving this and am super envious at some of the albums I’ve seen. I wish I had them. 
    I went through your collection and added a lot of new stuff to my wishlist.  Very cool we can all share.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    same username.
    ditto
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I went through your collection and added a lot of new stuff to my wishlist.  Very cool we can all share.
    AWESOME!!! I’ve been doing the same thing. I love seeing what people have and their eclectic tastes. Or some treasure I might have to search for. Fun times. 
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,492
    I didn't even realize you could look at other people's lists. My username is amusser.
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,177
    Gardenofstone
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 777
    Gswanny
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Awesome. I’m glad we are doing this. I love seeing everyone’s collections. Have a great day all. Spin something fantastic!!
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,582
    iammine16 said:
    Gswanny
    Nice collection. You got 2 x Alice in Chains? Wow. Will they ever reissue this one?
  • Options
    realized I didn't even post my username

https://www.discogs.com/user/TimmonsInc/collection
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 777
    RW8297 said:
    iammine16 said:
    Gswanny
    Nice collection. You got 2 x Alice in Chains? Wow. Will they ever reissue this one?

Gswanny

Yeah i got a copy on ebay for dirt cheap without reading the fine print of it being warped, it still plays fine. My 2nd copy i got on here for a very reasonable price within a month of getting the warped one. Crazy!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    there's a goddamn app? i've been searching my bar codes manually for NOTHING???
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    edited August 2020
    paulonious. but i doubt i have much that anyone would care about. nothing too rare about my collection. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Ok, this app is nice. Not everything I have has a barcode, but this is an easy way to sort of keep track of my collection. Thanks for the heads up on the app. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,686
    edited August 2020
    xulrb 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    VinylVox867
    Underneath this smile lies everything...
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    On it all the time.

MedozK
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,431
    nuzzer1 there as well...the best site / rabbit hole....
  • Options
    nuzzer1 said:
    nuzzer1 there as well...the best site / rabbit hole....
    I hear ya on the rabbit hole.  I can spend hours adding onto my wishlist.