Help! Light blue or dark blue Fixer?

OK, I need folks’ opinions and expertise beyond my own.  I’ve looked until my eyes are blurry.  Is my copy dark blue or light blue.  Pics of mine next to those on PJ Collectors:

Comments

• LeMarcoLeMarco Posts: 94
    To me it obviously looks way more toward the dark than light, but I don’t know if I’m seeing what I want to see.  I’d be happy with either, but it is my understanding the dark blue is more rare?
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    Looks like dark blue to me judging by the pictures. But you can always confirm it by the Matrix runout numbers etched on the vinyl with discogs.com 
    All of the matrices on discogs seem the exact same, regardless of color, at least for the promos.
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 Posts: 1,437
    I can confirm all  Matrix  are the same across all  colors. This  looks dark to me for sure though. No idea  the run though - I think it was 100 total blues  (light and dark) - though I  don't think it  was  ever confirmed -  nor was it ever confirmed that there are two distinct pressings I don't believe, but there is clearly a difference to me at least.  
    edited August 2020
    Thanks Nuzz.  I’ve looked at threads on here and have seen the debate and saw one person said there were definitely two blues but less of the dark leaked out.
    Post edited by LeMarco on
    Here’s what I found:  
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    Sounds like a question for @pdalowsky
    Things were different then
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,141
    Evel K said:
    Paul is the only one that I would trust that says there is 2 blues and I completely disagree w him, lol.

I still think that the darker ones were the first to be made and were lighter as the rest were printed.

That is my thoughts and they aren't worth squat, lol!
  • PM16037PM16037 Posts: 1,186
    It's just the lighting man!!  I see a gold and black record!!
    murdochanson @ expressobeans.com
    MurdocHanson @ Discogs.com
    Murdoc_Hanson @ collectionzz.com
    Mansfield, Massachusetts (September 16, 1998) / Saratoga Springs, New York (August 27, 2000) / Albany, New York (April 29, 2003) / Mansfield, Massachusetts (July 02, 2003) / Mansfield, Massachusetts (July 03, 2003) / Boston, Massachusetts (September 28, 2004) / Boston, Massachusetts (September 29, 2004) / Kitchener, Ontario (September 11, 2005) / London, Ontario (September 12, 2005) / Hamilton, Ontario (September 13, 2005) / Albany, New York (May 12, 2006) / Hartford, CT (May 15, 2010) / Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013) / Worcester, MA (October 15, 2013) / Worcester, MA (October 16, 2013) / Brooklyn, NY (October 19, 2013) / Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) / Boston 2 (August 07, 2016) / MSG , NY (September 11, 2022) / MSG 1, NY (September 03, 2024) / MSG 2, NY (September 04, 2024) / Boston 1 (September 15, 2024) / Boston 2 (September 17, 2024) 
    lol.  Me too about now
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,053
    Evel K said:
    Paul is the only one that I would trust that says there is 2 blues and I completely disagree w him, lol.

I still think that the darker ones were the first to be made and were lighter as the rest were printed.

Hahahaha, 

My contact worked at the plant back in the day dude. He told me this expressly. If the runs were a gradual bleeding of the blue we would see all manners of shades as the thing got lighter. There are two distinct presses I have - a very pale blue, and a dark blue. They do not even look like they could be from the same colouring at all. 

For the record I see the OP's as the dark variant
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    pdalowsky said:
    Evel K said:

Hahahaha, 

My contact worked at the plant back in the day dude. He told me this expressly. If the runs were a gradual bleeding of the blue we would see all manners of shades as the thing got lighter. There are two distinct presses I have - a very pale blue, and a dark blue. They do not even look like they could be from the same colouring at all. 

Great news for the OP! Now can you help me out with this?
    Things were different then
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,514
    edited August 2020
    Pink. 
    Teal green and grey now. I had a blue light filter off . Now on my screen.
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    PM16037 said:
    It's just the lighting man!!  I see a gold and black record!!
    But do you hear "Yanni" or "Laurel" when you spin it? :lol:
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,967
    Teal and gray.   🤔
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Save WhoSave Who Posts: 296
    on2legs said:
    Teal and gray.   🤔
    +1🤔
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,032
    Pink white!!
    I apologize for my ignorance, but what does “OP” mean?  Other Pearljammer?  Lol
    I’m hoping @pdalowski means he thinks mine is the dark variant!!
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,514
    LeMarco said:
    Original post 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Thank you!
    edited August 2020
    LeMarco said:
    Original post 
    Yes, most of us despise the term jammer or jamily...

I still say it's just blue, lol.
    I’ll take just blue.  I’ve been looking for one for 3 years but I’ve never asked on the forum—-just my own searching.   I never knew there were even two possible variants until someone asked me if mine was light or dark blue.
    LeMarco said:
    I’ll take just blue.  I’ve been looking for one for 3 years but I’ve never asked on the forum—-just my own searching.   I never knew there were even two possible variants until someone asked me if mine was light or dark blue.
    yes dark imo

OP = original post (original poster)
    Evel K said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Evel K said:

Hahahaha, 

Evel K said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Evel K said:

Hahahaha, 

This things always really confuse me, does anyone even see pink or is it a joke? Its clearly grey and blue
    pdalowsky said:
    Evel K said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Evel K said:

Hahahaha, 

Evel K said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Evel K said:

Hahahaha, 

This things always really confuse me, does anyone even see pink or is it a joke? Its clearly grey and blue
    I see pink in the grey but only see teal  and no white.

When it came to the sound I heard Laurel and Yanni because I have an audiophile ear.
    I don’t see pink and I know in the dress one I was able to see both colors depending on when I looked at it.
    No current pic. Had to screen shot from My collectionzz page. 

I guess I have Dark blue too?
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 Posts: 1,437

BOOM. 
    nuzzer1 said:

BOOM. 
    I'll trade my extra orange for a Light Blue!