Options

Pearl Jam 2020 postponed posters

Comments

• Options
    KM73780 said:
    Wow @bradklausen great posters for this tour. My personal favorite (and currently framed on my wall) is Temple of the Dog Philadelphia 
    thanks KM! Always look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with...it is inspiring and crushing all at once!.... love Munk's poster... always love Munk's color palette... like I was saying everyone just keeps getting better.... feel like pearl jam tours are like the olympics of poster design... 
  • Options
    jhager79jhager79 Kitchener Ontario Posts: 234
    Hopefully I can get one each for Toronto and Hamilton I had tickets for .

[img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    payling said:
    I hope these have a “postponed” or “pandemic” stamp on them a la Raleigh 2016
    Hell no. Ruins the image. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873

love this - great work BK
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Warming up to some of them now that I am not just flipping through a bunch of pics on the spot. We are used to one a day or every other day during a tour and we can have time to give them the appreciation they deserve. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,876
    KM73780 said:
    Wow @bradklausen great posters for this tour. My personal favorite (and currently framed on my wall) is Temple of the Dog Philadelphia 
    thanks KM! Always look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with...it is inspiring and crushing all at once!.... love Munk's poster... always love Munk's color palette... like I was saying everyone just keeps getting better.... feel like pearl jam tours are like the olympics of poster design... 
    I think they are the Olympics of poster collecting as well ;)

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836

This feels really weird to even type- but here is my official poster that I was invited to create for @pearljam before the world came to a screeching halt!!
    I’m still over the moon to have gotten the opportunity to create this for such a legendary band even though the show was postponed- and I’m unbelievably proud of the resulting image. Anyone who really knows me knows my background is that of architecture and architectural design, so it was really fun to flex those muscles a bit and illustrate in the parliament building of Ottawa.
    I knew I wanted to do something that included such an iconic building and the fact the town used to be an epicenter for logging (thank you @calvin.laituri for the history lesson, love you buddy), but also continued the theme of climate change that gigaton covers. The river at the base of parliament hill is famously known for freezing over and allowing people to ice skate on it in the winters, so I decided to “warm it up” with a trash fire and show the lack of ice present due to global warming- with a beaver playing guitar in protest.
    I was also graciously given permission to release these as an AP drop- which I will be making a post about this weekend to highlight when and where they will be releasing next week!!
    A million thank yous to team Pearl Jam and @mrtsurt for bringing me on for this literal dream gig, hopefully it’s the first of many! Also, post about shipping info for these and open orders coming this week. Keep an eye out!!

• Options
    payling said:
    They do not have a stamp
    ......you're a towel!! 
    I have no idea what is going on...You're a towel!!
  • Options
    payling said:
    They do not have a stamp
    ......you're a towel!! 
    you're the best....around....nothin's ever gonna keep you down
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2zlPNGuPbw
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    payling said:
    They do not have a stamp
    Thank god.
  • Options

Underneath this smile lies everything...
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    So happy for these artists that their amazing efforts are surfacing. As always,  10c taking care of everyone and making people happy.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    How about t-shirts for these 2020 shows?  Any plans to sell them, assuming they went to production?
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,278
    demetrios said:
    hihobibo said:
    Spoken said:
    When the shows get rescheduled, will there be new poster art for each show?
    Maybe North America will not be rescheduled. That could be a reason for releasing these posters but not the European ones. Perhaps Europe designs will be recycled? 

They should release variants of each show that is rescheduled. Just need to change the dates and you’re good to go.
    Its always fun to see the different colours of the variant posters, and this would mean they’d get a bigger run.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    bbiggs said:
    How about t-shirts for these 2020 shows?  Any plans to sell them, assuming they went to production?
    Yes this!  Hopefully these get released as well
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    bbiggs said:
    Plus all the other tour merch......I smell Mystery Boxes!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    @bradklausen
    Amazing work, as always.
    Any date /time planned yet for the Artillery sale?
    Thanks!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    KS80184KS80184 Posts: 386
    (open the images in a new window to see them bigger, for all you luddites like me!)...... art direction for the tour was to make imagery regarding the environment / climate change

So interesting that they gave that direction.  Have they done that on past tours?
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    demetrios said:

This feels really weird to even type- but here is my official poster that I was invited to create for @pearljam before the world came to a screeching halt!!
    I’m still over the moon to have gotten the opportunity to create this for such a legendary band even though the show was postponed- and I’m unbelievably proud of the resulting image. Anyone who really knows me knows my background is that of architecture and architectural design, so it was really fun to flex those muscles a bit and illustrate in the parliament building of Ottawa.
    I knew I wanted to do something that included such an iconic building and the fact the town used to be an epicenter for logging (thank you @calvin.laituri for the history lesson, love you buddy), but also continued the theme of climate change that gigaton covers. The river at the base of parliament hill is famously known for freezing over and allowing people to ice skate on it in the winters, so I decided to “warm it up” with a trash fire and show the lack of ice present due to global warming- with a beaver playing guitar in protest.
    I was also graciously given permission to release these as an AP drop- which I will be making a post about this weekend to highlight when and where they will be releasing next week!!
    A million thank yous to team Pearl Jam and @mrtsurt for bringing me on for this literal dream gig, hopefully it’s the first of many! Also, post about shipping info for these and open orders coming this week. Keep an eye out!!

It’s a beauty.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Had no clue that was a beaver there playing a guitar. Starting to like this one a lot and would be one I could probably even get to hang on a wall. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Oh man what this tour could have been.....
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    mcgruff10 said:
    Oh man what this tour could have been.....
    Would have been a banger for sure. 
  • Options
    @bradklausen
    Amazing work, as always.
    Any date /time planned yet for the Artillery sale?
    Thanks!
    I am thinking about Wed at 9 pacific... I'll send out an email and would post on facebook if my page would actually load and will post here in the next few days with the full sale info
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    edited August 2020
    BS44325 said:
    demetrios said:

It’s a beauty. i'm warming up to it after seeing close ups. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    KS80184 said:
    (open the images in a new window to see them bigger, for all you luddites like me!)...... art direction for the tour was to make imagery regarding the environment / climate change

So interesting that they gave that direction.  Have they done that on past tours?
    not really.... in the past there is the usual suggestion to include or reference the city somehow but it is always a suggestion rather then a direction.... but this tour was supporting an album release and given the album artwork, it made sense they'd want to have some sort of tie-in link to the album... not that they've asked for that in the past with tours supporting album release...you know, there was no incorporate avocados for that tour, or typewriter imagery for backspacer.... lightning bolt, lent itself to include images of lightning bolts cause they are easy graphic images to throw in as details here or there..... but it is always nice when you can reference the album somehow on it's first tour and tie the posters that much more to that album and that moment in time 

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394

I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,751
    payling said:
    They do not have a stamp
    ......you're a towel!! 
    Great posters once again. One of my favorite posters ever is off the wall right now because we’re repainting; signed by you and EV. Thanks again for the opportunity to buy it.
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    paylingpayling Seattle Posts: 294
    payling said:
    They do not have a stamp
    ......you're a towel!! 
    you're the best....around....nothin's ever gonna keep you down
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2zlPNGuPbw
    What did my stamp comment create?
    PA
  • Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    payling said:
    They do not have a stamp
    ......you're a towel!! 
    ISO towel (https://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/79983)!