Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

2021 European Tour Announcement

1111213141517»

Comments

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UKPosts: 13,752
    Plus if they cancel Hyde Park again then I guess we get first dibs on tickets for their week long HP residency in 2022!I 
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UKPosts: 13,752
    pdalowsky said:
    Plus if they cancel Hyde Park again then I guess we get first dibs on tickets for their week long HP residency in 2022!I 
    Loving your thinking LOL
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Calgary ABPosts: 2,607
    I just don’t think it is going to take a vaccine to get back to normal. The WHO estimated 10% of the world population has already got the virus.  They are learning more all the time.  

The world will get back to normal while the at risk population must take necessary precautions. Businesses will take precautions to protect their employees and businesses which provide services to the at risk population will also be diligent. 

Then it comes down to your personal comfort level. If you do not feel comfortable/safe going to a restaurant, bar, or concert - you stay home. 
    If you are a member of the at risk population, you may want to consider your options. 

The fact is, by the summer of 2021, the risk will be lower (Look at the data from this summer) and another 700,000,000 people will have gotten the virus. I could see most of the crowd in masks. It may even be required.  No mask? You gone. 

Please keep in mind, I am not a denier. I know this virus has caused a lot of pain and suffering in the world.  I’m an industrial health & safety advisor so I preach the gospel of personal hygiene, social distancing, wearing a mask consistently to our staff and field workers. We have only recently allowed office workers back in the office (still only half are allowed back at this time.  A friend of mine lost his mother-in-law 🙁.  But we must take a targeted approach going forward. Get your flu shot to get through the winter, if you get the flu and COVID at the same time it’s big trouble 

• Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 41
    edited October 9
    I just don’t think it is going to take a vaccine to get back to normal. The WHO estimated 10% of the world population has already got the virus.  They are learning more all the time.  

The world will get back to normal while the at risk population must take necessary precautions. Businesses will take precautions to protect their employees and businesses which provide services to the at risk population will also be diligent. 

Then it comes down to your personal comfort level. If you do not feel comfortable/safe going to a restaurant, bar, or concert - you stay home. 
    If you are a member of the at risk population, you may want to consider your options. 

The fact is, by the summer of 2021, the risk will be lower (Look at the data from this summer) and another 700,000,000 people will have gotten the virus. I could see most of the crowd in masks. It may even be required.  No mask? You gone. 

Please keep in mind, I am not a denier. I know this virus has caused a lot of pain and suffering in the world.  I’m an industrial health & safety advisor so I preach the gospel of personal hygiene, social distancing, wearing a mask consistently to our staff and field workers. We have only recently allowed office workers back in the office (still only half are allowed back at this time.  A friend of mine lost his mother-in-law 🙁.  But we must take a targeted approach going forward. Get your flu shot to get through the winter, if you get the flu and COVID at the same time it’s big trouble 

In the absence of a vaccine, the herd immunity approach (while protecting the vulnerable) is the only way to go. And I wonder how long it will take the general public to demand this approach is taken if the wait for a vaccine drags on. But when herd immunity was discussed by the UK government as a potential strategy a few months back there was absolute uproar. 
    Post edited by Gravey1975 on