Options

Sea. Hear. Now Festival 2020 Update

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    rey said:
    I bet whoever wants to see the Pumpkins can get up pretty close to the stage on Sunday night!
    If anyone is planning to not go on Sunday, I'd be interested in purchasing your wrist band.
    I'd be willing to sell you the wrist band for Sunday. DM me and we can discuss it more there. I'm haven't gotten a hotel yet, just tickets. It's likely I get a hotel and leave on Sunday, so I could give you the wrist band late Sunday morning or early Sunday afternoon. But....depending on how hotels look, I may just leave Saturday after the show and drive home because I don't live far. Gonna look at hotels later on today. 
    Spoiler alert: the hotels don’t look good. 
    As in there doesn’t seem to be many available, they’re expensive, or they’re shitty hotels? I can live with shitty hotels lol
    All three, somehow? 
    I booked one about 7 miles from the venue. 
    What town?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    mcgruff10 said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    rey said:
    I bet whoever wants to see the Pumpkins can get up pretty close to the stage on Sunday night!
    If anyone is planning to not go on Sunday, I'd be interested in purchasing your wrist band.
    I'd be willing to sell you the wrist band for Sunday. DM me and we can discuss it more there. I'm haven't gotten a hotel yet, just tickets. It's likely I get a hotel and leave on Sunday, so I could give you the wrist band late Sunday morning or early Sunday afternoon. But....depending on how hotels look, I may just leave Saturday after the show and drive home because I don't live far. Gonna look at hotels later on today. 
    Spoiler alert: the hotels don’t look good. 
    As in there doesn’t seem to be many available, they’re expensive, or they’re shitty hotels? I can live with shitty hotels lol
    All three, somehow? 
    I booked one about 7 miles from the venue. 
    What town?
    Tinton Falls
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,201
    edited June 2021
    Wonder if I can change hotel to just one night.  Like the Saturday night show though. Can’t fucking wait.

and Patty Scalia playing Saturda too. Expect a Bruce appearance with the boys
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    edited June 2021
    pjhawks said:
    Wonder if I can change hotel to just one night.  Like the Saturday night show though. Can’t fucking wait.

Hopefully you guys get something like that! 

I know Bruce was hesitant getting out on the road and playing shows again this year but maybe he is up for one or two songs. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,215
    PJNB said:
    pjhawks said:

Hopefully you guys get something like that! 

I know Bruce was hesitant getting out on the road and playing shows again this year but maybe he is up for one or two songs. 
    He and EV once did a version of My Hometown.  That would be sweet if they reprised that.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    How hard is it to park within 15-20 minute walk from the fest?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    ComeToTX said:
    Not hard... the summer crowds will be gone for the most part.  You'll just be dealing with the swell of people for the festival.

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,222
    So exciting they landed Saturday instead of Sunday.  At least Sunday is now an optional attendance day
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    on2legs said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Not hard... the summer crowds will be gone for the most part.  You'll just be dealing with the swell of people for the festival.

How about a 20-30 minute Bike ride? Thinking about putting my Bike in my vehicle, so I might want  to park a few miles away, I can bike in? (as long as it's safe traffic-wise and are-wise). I won't get near the place until it's close to Pearl Jam's set.
  • Options
    cutz said:
    on2legs said:
    ComeToTX said:

How about a 20-30 minute Bike ride? Thinking about putting my Bike in my vehicle, so I might want  to park a few miles away, I can bike in? (as long as it's safe traffic-wise and are-wise). I won't get near the place until it's close to Pearl Jam's set.
    As far as your bike plan, I love it. And I may throw the cruisers in the back of my truck and do the same. Great idea. 

If you bike from the north and south and stay along the ocean it will be safe traffic and area wise 

• Options
    cutz said:
    on2legs said:
    ComeToTX said:

You can definitely do it.  I do it myself during the summer on busy days.  We have a locker and badges for Ocean Grove which is one town south of Asbury Park.   The parking is horrendous on a holiday and the weekends, so I will drop the wife and kids at the boardwalk and then head about a mile away and park at the Rite Aid.  I ride my bike from there and reverse it when we're ready to leave. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    ComeToTX said:

where would be the best places or towns to park in and walk in?  I have a hotel but since this is Saturday considering bagging it and just driving home after.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    on2legs said:
    ComeToTX said:

where would be the best places or towns to park in and walk in?  I have a hotel but since this is Saturday considering bagging it and just driving home after.
    Ocean Grove and Bradley beach are close and safe. 
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    on2legs said:
    ComeToTX said:

great thanks.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    on2legs said:
    ComeToTX said:

great thanks.

Literally every town in the county not named Asbury Park or Neptune is perfectly safe.  And Asbury is fine if you stay near the downtown. 

• Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,807
    edited June 2021
    on2legs said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    on2legs said:
    ComeToTX said:

great thanks.

Literally every town in the county not named Asbury Park or Neptune is perfectly safe.  And Asbury is fine if you stay near the downtown. 
    This 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    on2legs said:
    ComeToTX said:

great thanks.

Keansburg does not agree.   ;)
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,063
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    on2legs said:
    ComeToTX said:

great thanks.

Hahahaha 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    Neptune and ap border each other so that whole area is pretty rough.  Just stay east of the railroad tracks in ap and you will be fine. Just to the north of ap is million dollar homes in allenhurst and deal.  To the south is three awesome beach towns: Bradley beach, ocean grove (og to locals) and Avon.  Cross the bridge and it becomes fist pump territory in belmar with bars like d jais and bar a.  

Tons of great restaurants and breweries in the area.   Ask a question and one of us locals will answer.  I grew up about five minutes from ap in a town called Neptune city, different than Neptune ;)
    anybody staying in tinton falls (my ex lives there) is about twenty minutes from the venue.  Mass transportation is non existent in that area from what I know so you ll have to Uber or rent a car. 

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    on2legs said:
    ComeToTX said:

great thanks.

😂

I doubt anyone is parking in the bayshore and walking for this festival. 

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,883
    mcgruff10 said:
    Neptune and ap border each other so that whole area is pretty rough.  Just stay east of the railroad tracks in ap and you will be fine. Just to the north of ap is million dollar homes in allenhurst and deal.  To the south is three awesome beach towns: Bradley beach, ocean grove (og to locals) and Avon.  Cross the bridge and it becomes fist pump territory in belmar with bars like d jais and bar a.  

Tons of great restaurants and breweries in the area.   Ask a question and one of us locals will answer.  I grew up about five minutes from ap in a town called Neptune city, different than Neptune ;)
    anybody staying in tinton falls (my ex lives there) is about twenty minutes from the venue.  Mass transportation is non existent in that area from what I know so you ll have to Uber or rent a car. 

I am staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Neptune. I was told that should be ok. I plan to Uber to and from the show. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I am staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Neptune. I was told that should be ok. I plan to Uber to and from the show. 
    You are 100% fine there.  The hotel is on a retail/corporate stretch of a major highway.  There’s a WaWa right near the hotel if you need coffee or something quick, a Walmart about 30 seconds up the road, and the Jersey Shore Outlet mall is about 90 seconds away by car if you feel like doing any shopping.  The advice about where to park and walk was just to avoid areas in Asbury that aren’t near the downtown and the section of Neptune that borders AP.  Your hotel is a good 5 miles west of those areas. 

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,793
    So how perfect is this. I never imagined concerts on the beach in nj like sea hear now. Thanks to danny clinch and others it's happening...and it's pearl jam! I feel if anyone else other than DC was throwing this pj would be less likely to play. 
    It's all coming together and I'm pretty amazed.
    ISO stickers posters shirts!!! I feel my merch bug kicking in again. I thought I was cured...
    Excited!!!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    Loujoe said:
    So how perfect is this. I never imagined concerts on the beach in nj like sea hear now. Thanks to danny clinch and others it's happening...and it's pearl jam! I feel if anyone else other than DC was throwing this pj would be less likely to play. 
    ISO stickers posters shirts!!! I feel my merch bug kicking in again. I thought I was cured...
    Excited!!!
    It has been a long year for everyone and I think you are spot on with it being a Danny Clinch festival and them deciding to play this year. A couple of months ago I was ready to commit to 2022 for the next Pearl Jam shows happening but things have changed so fast in the last couple of months. I am really jealous of you guys making the first show back. Someone better Periscope it! 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    PJNB said:
    Loujoe said:
    Excited!!!
    It has been a long year for everyone and I think you are spot on with it being a Danny Clinch festival and them deciding to play this year. A couple of months ago I was ready to commit to 2022 for the next Pearl Jam shows happening but things have changed so fast in the last couple of months. I am really jealous of you guys making the first show back. Someone better Periscope it! 
    How about it being Streamed?
  • Options
    Random question for the locals but is there a store around the fest that sells Buddha’s? My wife and I try to buy one wherever we travel. 
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 758
    ComeToTX said:
    Random question for the locals but is there a store around the fest that sells Buddha’s? My wife and I try to buy one wherever we travel. 
    Fingers crossed that Pearl Jam plays Bangkok someday.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    Asbury is a very artsy and eclectic city.  I can’t say for certain, but there are some cool stores downtown that might have one. 

• Options
    ComeToTX said:
    Would be surprised if you couldn’t find one on Cookman Ave. 
  • Options
    Thanks y’all!