Options

psst...6/10/2020

13»

Comments

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Man Im curious as to what was said now. Was it pro or against buying with no intention of keeping.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:
    Man Im curious as to what was said now. Was it pro or against buying with no intention of keeping.
    He said "Ergo you're a...."  wait a minute FR181798 (great name by the way...rolls of the tongue) I see what you're trying to do and I am not going to fall for it....
  • Options
    FR181798 said:
    He said "Ergo you're a...."  wait a minute FR181798 (great name by the way...rolls of the tongue) I see what you're trying to do and I am not going to fall for it....
    Thats cool, no trickery here. Just wanted to get an idea of what was going on. The name is just laziness, or lack of imagination at the time, never changed it.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,248
    FR181798 said:
    Against. Basically people who deprive others who want to keep it are a nickname for Richard. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    SHZA said:
    FR181798 said:
    Against. Basically people who deprive others who want to keep it are a nickname for Richard. 
    Ah I see. I would have loved this deck. Checked the site a few hours earlier but missed the psst. When it came to shipping I would probably have been out of the game though. It has made a good prize for one lucky competition winner this month though. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    Lol i missed the fun
  • Options
    huntersthompsonhuntersthompson Posts: 846
    edited June 2020
    Lol i missed the fun
    Ergo you're (or as the original post said...your) bummed....

Whoops...I forgot that we are on the Forum....I should have said "Ergo your (you're) gutted"....that feels better..
    Post edited by huntersthompson on
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,072
    ....The trade bait purchase sucks ass for the person who was next in line only to miss out to someone who has no intention of keeping it. Flip for money or flip for other items....it’s ALL flipping.
    Your argument is flawed because you assume if I didn't buy it then the "next in line" person is someone who wanted it. You don't know who would have gotten it, it very well could have gone to someone who would put it on Ebay!

TRADING IS NOT FLIPPING! Don't hate the player....
  • Options
      .....Im just glad that fans trading it aren't selling it for ridiculous amounts. Thats a win in itself.....
    You get it!

AND when I end up not being able to trade a limited item I scored, I sell it on the board here for the original price I paid (plus a few bucks for shipping)...most recently did this with a viewer.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
    10club shipping label created! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2020
      .....Im just glad that fans trading it aren't selling it for ridiculous amounts. Thats a win in itself.....
    You get it!

AND when I end up not being able to trade a limited item I scored, I sell it on the board here for the original price I paid (plus a few bucks for shipping)...most recently did this with a viewer.
    Yep.  U always have.  And if u dont find a trader PM me! 
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    Ok
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    If anyone grabbed one and has buyer’s remorse, I have a 7-year-old son who is begging for his first skateboard. I’d love to buy one for him.

He and I listen to a lot of music (PJ, Elton John, MMJ, BOH are his favs) and I this would mean a lot to him to get to ride a PJ board.

Thanks!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    ....The trade bait purchase sucks ass for the person who was next in line only to miss out to someone who has no intention of keeping it. Flip for money or flip for other items....it’s ALL flipping.
    Your argument is flawed because you assume if I didn't buy it then the "next in line" person is someone who wanted it. You don't know who would have gotten it, it very well could have gone to someone who would put it on Ebay!

of course it is. all you are doing is substituting stupid amounts of money for an item you actually want for an item you don't want and someone else did. 

his argument is not flawed. he is not speaking just to you. he's speaking to all trading flippers. 

if you are buying an item you don't plan on keeping because you want to trade up = flipping. it's not a difficult concept. currency isn't just cash. i've done it. i'm not proud of it, and don't do it anymore. cause i felt like a dick after. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    You get it!

haha, that's like someone who stole something asking to be rewarded for returning it when they couldn't sell it on the street. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,849
    grab a beat up old board, spray paint, throw some stickers on it. He will love it. Get him on that sucker all padded up, blast a little b boys and let it happen.
  • Options

of course it is. all you are doing is substituting stupid amounts of money for an item you actually want for an item you don't want and someone else did. 

his argument is not flawed. he is not speaking just to you. he's speaking to all trading flippers. 

if you are buying an item you don't plan on keeping because you want to trade up = flipping. it's not a difficult concept. currency isn't just cash. i've done it. i'm not proud of it, and don't do it anymore. cause i felt like a dick after. 
    The sale page says not for resale. It says nothing about trades. The flaw in the argument is the assumption that the next person in line is a pure-hearted soul who is going to use the board until it wears out and would never dream of flipping it or trading it for something else. In reality, it would just be another flipper. The only way it wouldn't is if all the flippers decided to stop flipping, which is never going to happen. 

There's no need to feel like a Richard for making trades. This is all frivolous junk. It's not like you're taking food off someone's table. No grown man needs a skateboard with koala bears or a viewfinder. If they need to have it that bad, stop crying about the missed drop and go buy one on ebay. 
  • Options
    SHZA said:

The sale page says not for resale. It says nothing about trades. The flaw in the argument is the assumption that the next person in line is a pure-hearted soul who is going to use the board until it wears out and would never dream of flipping it or trading it for something else. In reality, it would just be another flipper. The only way it wouldn't is if all the flippers decided to stop flipping, which is never going to happen. 

There's no need to feel like a Richard for making trades. This is all frivolous junk. It's not like you're taking food off someone's table. No grown man needs a skateboard with koala bears or a viewfinder. If they need to have it that bad, stop crying about the missed drop and go buy one on ebay. 
    haha. resale or trading are the same damn thing. like i said. all you are doing is substituting one currency (money) for another (goods). there is no flaw in the argument. if the flaw is "well someone else will do it" then all laws go out the window too. that is the weakest ass argument i've heard. sounds like something a 5 year old would say. "but (my sibling) did it first!). so dumb. 

your last paragraph reeks of hypocrisy. if the person who is buying it just to trade it for something they want, then THEY should stop crying about the missed item they wanted and go buy one on ebay. see how that works?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited June 2020
    SHZA said:

haha. resale or trading are the same damn thing. like i said. all you are doing is substituting one currency (money) for another (goods). there is no flaw in the argument. if the flaw is "well someone else will do it" then all laws go out the window too. that is the weakest ass argument i've heard. sounds like something a 5 year old would say. "but (my sibling) did it first!). so dumb. 

your last paragraph reeks of hypocrisy. if the person who is buying it just to trade it for something they want, then THEY should stop crying about the missed item they wanted and go buy one on ebay. see how that works?
    You keep equating a legitimate purchase with something illegal. It's not. You just don't like it. 

It's not hypocritical at all. The trader isn't crying about the missed item. They understand how the game works and are taking action. Paying the cash price if you can acquire the trade bait for $300 less is just dumb.
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:

You keep equating a legitimate purchase with something illegal. It's not. You just don't like it. 

It's not hypocritical at all. The trader isn't crying about the missed item. They understand how the game works and are taking action. Paying the cash price if you can acquire the trade bait for $300 less is just dumb.
    i never equated a legitimate purchase with something illegal. i said the idea that "someone else will do it" is the same argument a criminal could use. if i equated anything, it's that trading flippers use juvenile reasoning and apply it to what they are doing. 

flipping for money isn't illegal.
    flipping for trade bait isn't illegal.
    both are being a shitty human.  
    understand?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited June 2020
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:

i never equated a legitimate purchase with something illegal. i said the idea that "someone else will do it" is the same argument a criminal could use. if i equated anything, it's that trading flippers use juvenile reasoning and apply it to what they are doing. 

flipping for money isn't illegal.
    flipping for trade bait isn't illegal.
    both are being a shitty human.  
    understand?
    You did. You said it was like stealing and then giving it back if you couldn't sell it on the street, then you said "well, we might as well throw the laws out the window." No one is talking about the flipper's reasoning. We're talking about your flawed assumption that shaming traders will somehow put all of the items in the hands of "true fans."

I'm sure there are plenty of behaviors that may warrant the extreme label of "shitty human" (e.g., judging others); I'm quite certain that Pearl Jam memorabilia trading isn't one of them. Understand? 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,307

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,456
    I say we solve about 1,000 other problems in the world and then tackle the issue of someone trading a skateboard.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    of course the strawman would make an appearance in this thread. it always does. when you know you can't defend your stance, claim it's no big deal and there are so many other things in the world we can worry about. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    of course the strawman would make an appearance in this thread. it always does. when you know you can't defend your stance, claim it's no big deal and there are so many other things in the world we can worry about. 
    Not really. Rational people just realize that in the grand scheme of things, it's not worth getting so worked up that you go around calling people "sh*tty human beings." 
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,059
    And now the complaining will commence...
    We have two pages of 40+ year old people calling each other names, debating what constitutes flipping, and complaining about not being able to buy an overpriced skateboard deck that they aren't going to ride. 

Without poster drops due to the lack of a tour, I really missed these threads on the forum.
  • Options
    Hahahaha
  • Options
    big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,548
    Geriatric skate deck squabbles (need to be over 65 yrs. to participate).

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

• Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,040
    Not all PJ fans are over 40 🤚
  • Options
    big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,548
    63%

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA