Options

psst...6/10/2020

Comments

• Options
    SR91748SR91748 Posts: 138
    I'd hurt my coccyx if I used this. Nice art--would've made a fine addition to my PJ closet of wonders. Alas.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Cool! Glad I’m out of the game these days, this one would have annoyed me more than the viewer thing
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    jdasilvafjdasilvaf Posts: 189
    These "sold out" by the time its posted situations makes ones wonder how many people have ten club accounts with the sole purpose of flipping exclusive member only items.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,428
    jdasilvaf said:
    These "sold out" by the time its posted situations makes ones wonder how many people have ten club accounts with the sole purpose of flipping exclusive member only items.
    I think its more that the people who post here are just the tip of the iceberg of fans and tons of people who rarely post get online when they know there might be a drop.

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,070
    Trading does not equal flipping
  • Options
    jdasilvafjdasilvaf Posts: 189
    no, of course not.
  • Options
    big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,546
    any estimates on how many 10C decks were sold?

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,790
    put up order numbers and tempo will do the math.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159
    I'm gonna go it's in the middle.  If you buy something because you want to use it, that's buying.  If you buy something because you want to hold onto it for a bit, let it gain some collector value, then trade it for something else that's valuable, that's falls somewhere in between?   You're not buying it with the sole purpose of using the thing, your buying it, to move it to someone else in the near future.

I kind of wish I did that more often, so I'd have things to trade for things I want :)  I don't really have duplicates of anything, and I don't usually buy something unless I wanted it for my collection.
  • Options
    To me... if someone buys ONE of something they should be free to do what they want with it. Trade it, sell it, or hang it on the wall.   
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,070
    edited June 2020
    on2legs said:
    To me... if someone buys ONE of something they should be free to do what they want with it. Trade it, sell it, or hang it on the wall.   
    +1000

I tried to get a deck today and was successful, for the sole purpose to immediately trade it for something I want
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited June 2020
    Had it in my cart right at 1pm.  Changed my mind.  You’re welcome!
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited June 2020
    The listing states Not for Resale. I would imagine trading immediately because you dont actually want it probably falls loosely under this category. Trading something you have kept for a longer period of time is different. Dont ask me what that time period is.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,766
    FR181798 said:
    The listing states Not for Resale. I would imagine trading immediately because you dont actually want it probably falls loosely under this category. Trading something you have kept for a longer period of time is different. Dont ask me what that time period is.
    Yeah, I find this somewhat like the folks that literally filled up their car with toilet paper back in March and April. And no, I do not want one of these decks.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    thats really sharp looking.  

Not my thing though.  
  • Options
    gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    edited June 2020
    Mega bummed I missed this, Got my cousin the Yeto deck years ago for his Skate Shop, was hoping he could hang this up next to it.  Anyone got an extra to unload?  PM me!
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,531
    MayDay10 said:
    thats really sharp looking.  

Not my thing though.  
    +1. 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Was able to grab one, ApplePay saved me big time on entering payment and shipping info.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    on2legs said:
    +1000

I tried to get a deck today and was successful, for the sole purpose to immediately trade it for something I want
    sorry dude, that's flipping
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I don't see a problem with it. Id rather work out a fair trade with a member here rather than someone who buys it and immediately goes to eBay.  

We all have items we’d like to obtain from one another.  More fun to trade anyway.  

Im glad these finally got released.  The original gold owners bought them with bots, tried to sell them for $1500, later had to take $350 or so.  Hopefully this lowers the demand even more.  
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,303
    I don't see a problem with it. Id rather work out a fair trade with a member here rather than someone who buys it and immediately goes to eBay.  

We all have items we’d like to obtain from one another.  More fun to trade anyway.  

Im glad these finally got released.  The original gold owners bought them with bots, tried to sell them for $1500, later had to take $350 or so.  Hopefully this lowers the demand even more.  
    I feel like the demand will actually increase a little.  I was thinking that 10C would have a lot of these of which would have drove the price down.  We see after yesterday, that was not the case.  It looks like some folks that missed the drop immediately went to ebay and bought what they could.  
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,237

Not fun for the guy or gal who wanted the piece for their collection. The trade bait purchase sucks ass for the person who was next in line only to miss out to someone who has no intention of keeping it. Flip for money or flip for other items....it’s ALL flipping.
  • Options

Not fun for the guy or gal who wanted the piece for their collection. The trade bait purchase sucks ass for the person who was next in line only to miss out to someone who has no intention of keeping it. Flip for money or flip for other items....it’s ALL flipping.
    You either have it in your cart and successfully checkout or you don't.  Its going to sell out in minutes anyway if it says “limited PJ”.   $35 3D viewers for five year olds did too.  PJ collectibles is a market.  Im just glad that fans trading it aren't selling it for ridiculous amounts. Thats a win in itself. 

People will always scoop up limited stuff whether they want to sell it, trade it, or skate on it.  
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Either way I wouldnt be highlighting the fact on here if it was me who bought it with no intention of keeping it or wanting it. If thats what people are up to then Id rather they kept it to themselves. These seem like they were very limited so quite a few will be disappointed.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    edited June 2020
    deleted. Please see the Posting guidelines.
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,182
    edited June 2020
    Everyone has different views on what is and isn't acceptable. The reality is that everyone had an equal chance to buy it. Whenever demand exceeds supply, it incentivizes flippers/traders. Don't hate the player, hate the game. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,237
    edited June 2020

This guy gets it.
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    If you buy one... feel free to do what you like with it.  Frame it, sell it, or burn it.  It’s yours... do with it as you please as long as you’re not buying multiples.  

• Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,923
    edited June 2020
    1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    huntersthompsonhuntersthompson Posts: 846
    edited June 2020
    Now I feel like PJ Hawks got me in trouble for quoting him/her...
    Ergo...I am an idiot.
    ashton kutcher burn GIF

I think this falls into a self-bashing loophole....