Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

George Floyd Protests

12345679»

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 14,468
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    I live in St. Paul and while I've never had it in me to watch the minutiae of any trial, I'll have to keep my eye on it for the sake of knowing when the acquittal is coming. It's going to be crazier than last year. 

To probably say the same thing others have, I understand the need to erupt, but burning stuff down isn't particularly productive and it definitely helps white nationalist America dig in its heels. As a white guy, I guess I have the privilege to think about this but without those riots, Covid is the only headliner of 2020 and Biden wins easily. My point being that those riots and the upcoming riots can tip suburban whites towards the growing white nationalist movement.

For the days after the acquittal, I'll be very careful about doing anything.  Even taking the dog out. It will be the latest in a long line of clear messages that cops can do what they want to anyone; particularly blacks. They kill them under just about any circumstances and their apprehension of white mass shooters shows you that they don't have to; they just like to. And they'll never be punished for it. Never. To be honest, I'm not really sure what people are supposed to do. Because none of it is working. And if you're black, you could be killed by a cop for pretty much doing nothing. (cue the "Chicago" comments).
    Will the riots (if there are any) tip suburban whites "towards the growing white nationalist movement," or just tip them away from the democratic party? Or is the same thing because all non-democrats are white supremacists? 

Cops don't kill blacks "under just about any circumstances." And "If you're black, you could be killed by a cop for pretty much doing nothing" sounds a lot like the fear-mongering that has been coming from the left since Floyd's death. And that's not to say there's not some truth to it. Elijah McClain is a perfect example of someone being killed for nothing. But more often than not, the accused is resisting arrest. And I'm not saying that should result in death, but it's also not being killed "for pretty much doing nothing." 

The white mass shooters will be punished with life imprisonment. Maybe even a death sentence, which I'd be for.
    Jesus Christ.  Resisting arrest can absolutely be doing just about nothing.  Cops abuse their power constantly.  Arrested for being black, better not resist due to a cop abusing their authority or you might get killed and it will be your fault because you were doing slightly more than resisting. What kind of twisted logic must one poses to believe that garbage.  
    I’m not trying to absolve cops for abusing their authority. But ya know what’s even less logical than being a white guy on a message board suggesting you shouldn’t resist arrest? Being the black guy that resists arrest in a WHITE SUPREMACIST country patrolled by RACIST cops that will abuse their authority and kill you. Just from a “logic” standpoint. 

Easy for me to say though right?
    Very easy.  We need cops to be held accountable, no qualified immunity no charges of resisting arrest, more body cams and consequences.  Imagine if you could constantly fuck off at your own job and cite being afraid or some such bullshit and never pay a price or face a consequence, imagine if everyone in your field was treated this way, quality of service would probably hit Rick bottom.  These people are just working jobs ffs they aren’t heroes. 

Imagine if cops constantly eyed you and treated you that way and you had a lifetime of seeing friends and family abused. I’m sure it would be real easy to just comply.  

Cops have too much power and too few consequences these days. 

I swear some people love cops so much their solution would be for cops to kill all races at the same rate per capita, rather than have any meaningful reform.
    Yeah I agree with with all of this except the stupid final paragraph and the first two words “very easy.” If it was very easy, all those regulations would’ve been in place a long time ago. 
    You don’t think there are people out there that would rather just have cops kill all races at the same per capita so they could justify the killing of minorities?  I do, all of these racists are real pieces of shit and absolutely would be ok with cops killing more whites at the cost of not being called racists.

first “very easy” was In Response to mace saying easy for me to say. Like I was agreeing.  It’s easy to say just comply from t he sidelines
    I honestly don't. I think the majority of people would rather there be no police killings. That is, police killings that could be avoided. Certainly there's times where cop has to take down a maniac with a gun. But other than that, I don't think there's many people who are okay with people dying in custody due to overly aggressive police. And I definitely don't think they'd want more racial disparity in police killings just so that the police aren't called racist. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 7,777
    I found it odd the prosecution presented that clip from Chauvin's body cam today. Seemed to help confirm the defense that Floyd was uncooperative and resisting leading to his pinning on the ground by the officers. Floyd was also heard already saying he couldn't breathe in that clip as they were trying to get him in the squad.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 27,308
    tbergs said:
    I found it odd the prosecution presented that clip from Chauvin's body cam today. Seemed to help confirm the defense that Floyd was uncooperative and resisting leading to his pinning on the ground by the officers. Floyd was also heard already saying he couldn't breathe in that clip as they were trying to get him in the squad.
    The facts should show, that George Floyd had been peacefully detained prior to being placed in the patrol car and then, resisted being placed in a police car, had been placed successfully so, removed, perp walked across the street and hidden, and killed. Most people, get a public defender.

Like breyona Taylor, George should have complied.

Like Tamir Rice, George should have complied.

Like Freddy Gray, George should have complied.
    09/15/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/29/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield, MA; 08/18/08, O2 London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA;

"If you're looking down on someone, it better be to extend them a hand to lift them up."

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 20,576
    like Philando Castille, compliance gets you killed
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 14,468
    tbergs said:
    I thought the end part of the bodycam footage where they had audio of Chauvin talking to a witness from his car wasn’t good for the prosecution. If Chauvin said something along the lines of “Don’t tell me how to do my job!” or saying something callous in regards to Floyd, it’d be one thing. But he calmly said that Floyd’s a big guy (which he is) and he speculated that Floyd might’ve been on drugs (which he was). Stuff like that could sway the jury into believing that in the moment, Chauvin really thought he was doing the right thing, which could make the difference between a murder conviction and a manslaughter conviction. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 24,647
    I hope this cop goes to jail for life may he rot in jail! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero GalaxyPosts: 17,884
    I have to say that Pulmonologist yesterday was riveting in his explanation on how the body and George Floyd was trying to breathe. It's hard to see in the video Floyd using his fingers, his hands to push, lift his body to breathe on his right side. The more detail it got from the doctor it appears what Chuvan did was more akin to torture.

If that doctor taught a class on pulmonology I would his class. His easy to understand explanations calm demeaner were all too masterful to me.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)