Options

All in WA: A COVID Relief Concert by Amazon

Comments

• Options
    big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,551
    need more than 5 minutes per band/artist.  something is better than nothing....ugh!

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,471
    Does anyone know when the poster will go on sale?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,020
    on2legs said:
    Does anyone know when the poster will go on sale?

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,470
    At least it's not on Apple Music and I can watch
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Amazon needs some good pr 
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,972
    Will there be a piss break song?
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    mbowersmbowers Posts: 109
    It only took 30 years for DMB/Dave Matthews and Pearl Jam to play a show together, but I'll take it.  Needs to be a 3 hour show.
    I've seen them play together three times (two days at Bridge 2006 and VFC 2004 in DC).  I can't imagine those were the only three times either.
  • Options
    It’s only an hour long...

If it were happening at CenturyLink or the Gorge, it’d be the local concert of the decade. But, at the moment, streaming will have to do. King 5 reports that basically every marquee musician, and a few Seahawk stars, in the region will join a Covid-19 relief concert to support All In WA, a coalition aiming to raise $65 million to distribute to 42 funds and resources in the state—everything from food security to youth homelessness to small business support. (It’s already raised $20 million of that.) The concert will be broadcast on June 10 from 7–8pm on King 5, Kong, Twitch, and All In WA’s website, where you can also donate to the fund. 

So 11pm AST. Will be tuned in. Sweet that the next day it'll be available on Prime Video. :)
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    robbie said:
    No word on if Macklemore bumped out Lil Dicky for the spot. 
    Lil Dicky was gonna rock that dead boy song.
    Thrift store my ass!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Any idea if the band have announced this? All I see is other people announcing their presence.
  • Options
    MikusxkmMikusxkm Posts: 33
    The Colorado concert was great. It was mostly just a lead singer without the band. Dave Matthews played a John Denver song. Todd, from Big Head Todd and the Monsters, played for medical staff on the roof of Denver Health Hospital. There were a group of hospital staff on the roof (socially distancing) and Todd played Beautiful Savior for them. It was very touching to have our Boulder friend make it even more special by having a very small but important group of our heroes be able to see it live. 
    Thanks to all who participated! We certainly all could use something positive in this terrible time. 
    Looking forward to 6/10 if I can figure out how to watch it without Amazon!
  • Options
    Mikusxkm said:
    Looking forward to 6/10 if I can figure out how to watch it without Amazon!

You can just view it below on Twitch.

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,486
    Amazon owns Twitch.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam, Steel Panther, star-studded ‘A Night for Austin’ top this week’s virtual concert lineup 

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Pearl Jam will headline a Seattle-centric lineup that also includes Brandi Carlile, Dave Matthews, Macklemore, Death Cab For Cutie’s Ben Gibbard, Sir Mix-A-Lot, members of the Seattle Seahawks and others for an All In WA COVID-19 relief benefit at 10 p.m. Wednesday, June 10, on Amazon Music’s Twitch channel. Proceeds will be distributed to Washington state organizations involved in pandemic relief efforts.

• Options
    Long RedLong Red NY Posts: 185
    Hey guys, please play WMA.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,208
    Long Red said:
    That would be fucking awesome. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,308
    RiotZact said:
    Long Red said:
    That would be fucking awesome. 
    Maybe even Can’t Deny Me.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 535
    I'm sorry, and I KNOW there are many that agree. Its a total tease to say its a concert and have it be an hour? I dont mean this in a spoiled way, but call it a fundraiser, whatever. Thats cool. Because when you say concert and Pearl Jam is involved, lol. The fifty something shows I've been to... the first hour is like a warmup! Anyone have a clue as to the format. Can't the guys be in a room six feet apart and have something. 

Also, aren't they playing June 9th on tv station- one song to promo concert?
  • Options
    uglybabo said:

Washington’s stacked COVID-19 relief concert postponed to honor ongoing protests

By
    Seattle Times music writer

Washington fans will have to wait a little longer for what looks to be the (virtual) concert of the summer.

A star-studded COVID-19 relief concert initially slated to air next week is being postponed in light of countrywide protests following George Floyd’s death at the hands of Minneapolis police. Organizers All In WA announced Thursday that the concert will now air 7 p.m. June 24.

“We recognize the pain and injustice the Black and African American community is facing, once again, and the need to honor the ongoing marches, protests, and organizing,” All In WA organizers wrote in a news release. “We also want to give space for our community to focus on what matters most at the moment; acknowledging and addressing systemic racism and violence that dehumanizes Black people and families, and taking steps to rebuild to a new reality.”

The concert is set to include a slate of Washington music heavyweights, including Pearl Jam, Brandi Carlile, Macklemore, Dave Matthews, Sir-Mix-A-Lot, Death Cab for Cutie’s Ben Gibbard and more.

The Amazon-backed concert will broadcast on Amazon Music’s Twitch channel, Seattle NBC affiliates KING 5 and KONG, plus KREM, KSKN and KVEW in greater Washington. A recording of the concert will be available on Amazon Prime after the initial airing.

• Options

• Options
    WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 535
    Does anyone have any kind of read if this is a one song thing. I have to believe if its the band, it would be more than one. But I had heard elsewhere that the "concert" was only an hour? Anybody hear anything else, or "in the know"
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    It only took 30 years for DMB/Dave Matthews and Pearl Jam to play a show together, but I'll take it.  Needs to be a 3 hour show.

They were both on the Vote For Change tour back in 2004
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,987
    I always wished there was a recording of Dave and Ed playing together from that Liquid Audio guys wedding or birthday or whatever. 

I think all that surfaced is a picture.