All in WA: A COVID Relief Concert by Amazon

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    I thought it was fun and they gave some of you the gift of something to complain about. Everybody wins. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,903
    I know it tracked individually (and then professionally mixed) but man that was a really good take and its making me incredibly excited to hear how these new tunes are gonna sound live.

• davidosdavidos Posts: 467
    Is Josh the new Boom?
  • JM16768JM16768 Posts: 79
    I simply have always and will always LOVE this band!! 
  • BH76306BH76306 Posts: 66
    igotid88 said:
    The shirt Ed was wearing is from a company my buddy started here in Spokane. So, so incredibly cool to see. What at trip.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,417
    davidos said:
    Is Josh the new Boom?

or Jeff?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,956
    Ed's kids dancing in the background was cute.  A family affair.

This song still doesn't do it for me though...
  • Observations:

1) As mentioned prior I think all tracks were new and not from the studio version
    2) I think they each tracked them separately and didn't play it live to tape at the same time
    3) You will notice they cut to Matt obviously miming the real track and not even coming close on purpose (at 3:40) so obviously he like the rest filmed a separate video of a performance
    4) Mike starts with "take 3" and is not in the funny makeup so I believe his whole wacky paint job video was not the recording of the guitar track
    5) I think Stone's whole strobe light video was not him cutting the bass track but I guess it could be.  
    6) I think Jeff's video is likely him actually recording his part
    7) There are clearly a whole bunch of Ed vocal tracks so obviously his video is not the only Ed vocal track.  It sort of looks like the video is him cutting the live vocal but he is moving around so much it would have needed to be a camera next to a good mic on the end of a stick. He moves around so much the track would have not sounded that good so I think the video is not a live vocal track but is a lip sync over a new recording of a vocal track (not the studio track).

I thought the whole thing was crazy awesome and they really sounded great.  I wonder live how they will handle all the vocals flying around on the 2nd half of that song.  I wonder if the plan was to bring Klinghoffer out on tour to help with that?
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    JimmyV said:
    I thought it was fun and they gave some of you the gift of something to complain about. Everybody wins. 
    Yep. 
    Wife and I enjoyed the entire show. Particularly PJ, Brandi Carlile, Sleater-Kinney and Sir-Mix-a-Lot (doing Big Butts). Also enjoyed being exposed to some other lesser-know artists and McHale’s comedy bits were great.

All for a great cause... impressed by the corporate donations and Amazon matching everything dollar-for-dollar.  I wondered out loud if Amazon would match a US dollar to my Canadian peso? 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,724
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213

Pearl Jam is Here!

Introduced by Bill Gates, the kings of Seattle Dad Rock (Is that an accurate statement? Calling all dads, fact check me on that one) Pearl Jam has quite the lively performance of "Dance of the Clairvoyants." Perfected with rainbow lights, impromptu backup dancers and a stray lighter wave.

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,651

Still not up on Amazon Prime Canada. :/ 
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,453
    Ed's kids dancing in the background was cute.  A family affair.

This song still doesn't do it for me though...
    Must be nice to be able to do kareoke with Eddie Vedder any time you want. haha! 
  • mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 782
    demetrios said:
    Is Canada still a thing?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,727
    mdgsolo said:
    demetrios said:
    Is Canada still a thing?
    Yes. Sorry eh! 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    davidos said:
    Is Josh the new Boom?
    Josh’s band Pluralone was set to be their opening group on the tour this year. Only fitting they invite him on, which they would have done if they were touring. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,265
    davidos said:
    Is Josh the new Boom?
    Josh’s band Pluralone was set to be their opening group on the tour this year. Only fitting they invite him on, which they would have done if they were touring. 
    From what I hear. It's just Josh. He goes by Pluralone. No other members 
    I miss igotid88
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    igotid88 said:
    davidos said:
    Is Josh the new Boom?
    From what I hear. It's just Josh. He goes by Pluralone. No other members 
    Gotcha. Thought he put together a group for the tour. Guess the moniker says it all! I can see him out during some songs, which would be cool. He has a lovely voice and can shred. New Boom? Nah. We’d miss saying Booooooooom too much. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    mdgsolo said:
    demetrios said:
    Is Canada still a thing?
    Is asking if something is still a thing.... still a thing? 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,903
    Pap said:

Pearl Jam is Here!

Introduced by Bill Gates, the kings of Seattle Dad Rock (Is that an accurate statement? Calling all dads, fact check me on that one) 

Yeah. They are Dad rock now. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,265
    Pap said:

Pearl Jam is Here!

Introduced by Bill Gates, the kings of Seattle Dad Rock (Is that an accurate statement? Calling all dads, fact check me on that one) 

When I think of Dad Rock? I think of Train, Goo Goo Dolls, or something in that vein.
    I miss igotid88
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    Pap said:

Pearl Jam is Here!

What Rock isn't?  Any kids listening to rock still?

• PORCH8PORCH8 Posts: 11
    So was Mike's outfit a shout out to Jeff Hardy? Jeff is a super fan who has always referenced/talked about his love for the band in the past and Mike's is  dressed up just like him so I'm thinking it must be a conscious homage rather than coincidental right?

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,396
    Smellyman said:
    Pap said:

Pearl Jam is Here!

I believe young people (and David Grohl) consider Billie Eilish today’s version of rock.  
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,918
    edited June 2020
    Surprised they had it sound like an alternative take of the studio song and not make it sound more... live..

when the drums kick in, in the beginning is quite jarring to the banter before. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Smellyman said:
    Pap said:

Pearl Jam is Here!

I believe young people (and David Grohl) consider Billie Eilish today’s version of rock.