Options

The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,816
    probably not, I was just clarifying as the way your post was worded it seemed like you thought he said it more recently than he did. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    same with Bill Maher. he's an old man who says he's liberal but only in the 1990's liberal sense.he hasn't continued the progressive line like many of us; he only tolerates as much liberalism as he agreed with when he was 40. 

now he's just a POS bully that tries to pander to both sides (but attacking liberals more and more), insults both equally to try to keep his "impartial" status. he's just a fucking asshole. 
    and he constantly shits on california. i'd like to see him live somewhere else and see how he likes it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Nice guy. Keep spreading the hate, Joe.

Meet the woman behind Libs of TikTok, secretly fueling the right’s outrage machine

A popular Twitter account has morphed into a social media phenomenon, spreading anti-LGBTQ+ sentiment and shaping public discourse

On March 8, a Twitter account called Libs of TikTok posted a video of a woman teaching sex education to children in Kentucky, calling the woman in the video a “predator.” The next evening, the same clip was featured on Laura Ingraham’s Fox News program, prompting the host to ask, “When did our public schools, any schools, become what are essentially grooming centers for gender identity radicals?”

Libs of TikTok reposts a steady stream of TikTok videos and social media posts, primarily from LGBTQ+ people, often including incendiary framing designed to generate outrage. Videos shared from the account quickly find their way to the most influential names in right-wing media. The account has emerged as a powerful force on the Internet, shaping right-wing media, impacting anti-LGBTQ+ legislation and influencing millions by posting viral videos aimed at inciting outrage among the right.

The anonymous account’s impact is deep and far-reaching. Its content is amplified by high-profile media figures, politicians and right-wing influencers. Its tweets reach millions, with influence spreading far beyond its more than 648,000 Twitter followers. Libs of TikTok has become an agenda-setter in right-wing online discourse, and the content it surfaces shows a direct correlation with the recent push in legislation and rhetoric directly targeting the LGBTQ+ community.

“Libs of TikTok is basically acting as a wire service for the broader right-wing media ecosystem,” said Ari Drennen, LGBTQ program director for Media Matters, the progressive media watchdog group. “It’s been shaping public policy in a real way, and affecting teachers’ ability to feel safe in their classrooms.”

The account has been promoted by podcast host Joe Rogan, and it’s been featured in the New York Post, the Federalist, the Post Millennial and a slew of other right-wing news sites. Meghan McCain has retweeted it. The online influencer Glenn Greenwald has amplified it to his 1.8 million Twitter followers while calling himself the account’s “Godfather.” Last Thursday, the woman behind the account appeared anonymously on Tucker Carlson’s show to complain about being temporarily suspended for violating Twitter’s community guidelines. Fox News often creates news packages around the content that Libs of TikTok has surfaced.

“The role I’ve seen this account playing is finding new characters for right-wing propaganda,” said Gillian Branstetter, a media strategist for the ACLU. “It’s relying on the endless stream of content from TikTok and the Internet to cast any individual trans person as a new villain in their story.”

Throughout its increasingly popular posts and despite numerous media appearances, the account has remained anonymous. But the identity of the operator of Libs of TikTok is traceable through a complex online history and reveals someone who has been plugged into right-wing discourse for two years and is now helping to drive it.

An account in search of a voice — and a big break from Joe Rogan

Chaya Raichik had been working as a real estate salesperson in Brooklyn when, in early November 2020, she created the account that would eventually become Libs of TikTok.

Under her first handle @shaya69830552, she minimized covidcast doubt on the election results and promoted a dubious story about a child sex trafficking ring. On Nov. 23, 2020, Raichik changed handles, this time going by @shaya_ray and identifying herself publicly as a real estate investor in Brooklyn. She began doubling down on election fraud conspiracies using QAnon-related language. Early that December, she joked about launching a clothing line titled “voter fraud is real.”

In January 2021, Raichik started talking about traveling to D.C. to support Trump on Jan. 6 at the Stop the Steal rally. When violence broke out at the Capitol that day, she tweeted a play-by-play account claiming to be on the ground. “They were rubber bullets from law enforcement. 1 hit right next to me,” she said. She posted videos from the crowd and spoke of tear gas being deployed nearby. After saying she left the riot, she used Twitter to downplay the event, claiming that it was peaceful compared to a “BLM protest.”

Later that month, Raichik cycled through two more Twitter names, this time focusing on state politicians. First under the handle @ChayaRaichik and the display name “Chaya Raichik,” and then under the new handle, @cuomomustgo, she railed against New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D), calling for him to resign. She promoted the efforts to recall California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D). She also began posting about Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), calling him “actually brilliant.”

By early last March, she pivoted to a parody account titled @houseplantpotus, pretending to tweet as if she was a houseplant living with President Biden. She revamped her avatar to look like a small shrub with Biden’s face on the leaves. At that point in time she also claimed to be proudly Orthodox Jewish, live in Brooklyn and work in real estate in her Twitter bio.

But the house plant parody never took off. On April 19, 2021, she pivoted her account once again, this time to Libs of TikTok.

Just four months after getting started, Libs of TikTok got its big break: Joe Rogan started promoting the account to the millions of listeners of his hit podcast. He mentioned it several times on the show in August, then again in late September. “Libs of TikTok is one of the greatest f---ing accounts of all time,” he said. With his seal of approval, Raichik’s following skyrocketed.

Libs of TikTok gained more prominence throughout the end of last year, cementing its spot in the right-wing media outrage cycle. Its attacks on the LGBTQ+ community also escalated. By January, Raichik’s page was leaning hard into “groomer” discourse, calling for any teacher who comes out as gay to their students to be “fired on the spot.”

Her anti-trans tweets went especially viral. She called on her followers to contact schools that were allowing “boys in the girls bathrooms” and pushed the false conspiracy theory that schools were installing litter boxes in bathrooms for children who identify as cats. She also purported that adults who teach children about LGBTQ+ identities are “abusive,” that being gender-nonconforming or an ally to the LGBTQ+ community is a “mental illness,” and referred to schools as “government run indoctrination camps” for the LGBTQ+ community.

“Libs of TikTok is shaping our entire political conversation about the rights of LGBTQ people to participate in society,” Drennen said. “It feels like they’re single-handedly taking us back a decade in terms of the public discourse around LGBTQ rights. It’s been like nothing we’ve ever really seen.”

By March, Libs of TikTok was directly impacting legislation. DeSantis’s press secretary Christina Pushaw credited the account with “opening her eyes” and informing her views on the state’s restrictive legislation that bans discussion of sexuality or gender identity in kindergarten through third grade, referred to by critics as the “don’t say gay” bill. She and Libs of TikTok have interacted with each other at least 138 times publicly, according to a report by Media Matters. When asked by The Post about her relationship with the account, Pushaw wrote, “I follow, like and retweet libsoftiktok. My interactions with that account are public," and added that she’s a strong supporter of its mission.

Continues

Libs of TikTok has become central to right wing politics - The Washington Post

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    And from the above, for those who don't think its serious or has an impact or that its just a couple of stoners discussing stuff.

“I see a shared spirit in Libs of TikTok, and the appetite for it in right-wing media more broadly, which is turning neighbor against neighbor and turning any individual into an enforcer of this very strict gender regime,” Branstetter said. “There’s a deep sense of paranoia this rhetoric inspires and is extremely volatile, it’s more than playing with fire. It inspires a vigilante spirit.”

Raichik boasts that several teachers have been fired as a result of being featured on the account.

Tyler Wrynn, a former English teacher in Oklahoma, posted a video telling LGBTQ kids shunned by their parents that Wrynn was “proud of them” and loved them; it was featured on Libs of TikTok last week. Since being featured on the page Wrynn has been barraged with harassment and death threats.

“I’ve always seen myself as the type of teacher to stand up for marginalized voices,” Wrynn said. “I see fellow teachers on TikTok speak out for our disenfranchised students and they’re getting the same sort of harassment too.”

The popularity of Libs of TikTok comes at a time when far-right communities across the Internet have begun doxing school officials and calling for their execution. Parents of LGBTQ+ youth have been driven out of their towns. Local school board members have reported death threats.

On a recent podcast, Raichik said that as her following continues to grow, the fullest extent of her impact may not be realized until the elections this fall. She has encouraged her audience to overtake school boards and run in local elections. “These people,” she said, referring to members of LGBTQ+ community, “some of them are literally evil and grooming kids, they should not be in schools, they should not be teachers.”

Members of the LGBTQ+ community who still attempt to use platforms like TikTok to educate people on gay or trans issues are subject to intense online abuse, causing a chilling effect. “[Libs of TikTok] is playing on fears and misunderstandings of who trans people are, while amping up extreme rhetoric and normalizing portraying queer people as inherently dangerous to children,” Branstetter said. “It’s hard to stoke moral panic without main characters, and the role Libs of TikTok is playing is finding those characters.”

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    same with Bill Maher. he's an old man who says he's liberal but only in the 1990's liberal sense.he hasn't continued the progressive line like many of us; he only tolerates as much liberalism as he agreed with when he was 40. 

now he's just a POS bully that tries to pander to both sides (but attacking liberals more and more), insults both equally to try to keep his "impartial" status. he's just a fucking asshole. 
    and he constantly shits on california. i'd like to see him live somewhere else and see how he likes it.
    He lives in Austin Texas now and loves it silly.  He lived in California for a very long time…. got wise and got the Fuck out of that rotten brain infested cess pool.  

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628

He lives in Austin Texas now and loves it silly.  He lived in California for a very long time…. got wise and got the Fuck out of that rotten brain infested cess pool.  

Yeah I don’t think that’s right.  He lives in Beverly Hills.  Where did you read otherwise?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    edited December 2022
    mrussel1 said:

Yeah I don’t think that’s right.  He lives in Beverly Hills.  Where did you read otherwise?
    because Tesla is now based there? he is also registered to vote in Tx

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

From all the Fake news I read…lol.  I freaking luv this place!! 
     Kauai No ka ‘Oi
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

I thought the statement was about Bill Maher not Musk.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Kauai No ka ‘Oi
    You don’t know how to communicate like a normal person. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Kauai No ka ‘Oi
    Normal….Who the hell stives or wants to be normal??? No fun in that if you ask me, so thank you for the compliment .  Carry on 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

I thought the statement was about Bill Maher not Musk.  

you're right. Didn't read the quotes.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Kauai No ka ‘Oi
    Normal….Who the hell stives or wants to be normal??? No fun in that if you ask me, so thank you for the compliment .  Carry on 
    “Normalcy” doesn’t include bumpy rides now does it?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Kauai No ka ‘Oi
    “Normalcy” doesn’t include bumpy rides now does it?
    Only on my surf board whatever the heck that means…
  • Options
    I thought our delusional trumper was talking about rogan, who lives in texas. i'd move to the moon if someone gave me $100M to do so. only reason he left. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I thought our delusional trumper was talking about rogan, who lives in texas. i'd move to the moon if someone gave me $100M to do so. only reason he left. 
    We are talking about Rogan, which I corrected the misinformation shared about  him living in California still.   If you listen to his show, which obviously most of you don’t yet hate him so much cause ya know, you have too….you would know that he could not wait to move his family from that rotten brain infested shit hole state.  
  • Options
    We are talking about Rogan, which I corrected the misinformation shared about  him living in California still.   If you listen to his show, which obviously most of you don’t yet hate him so much cause ya know, you have too….you would know that he could not wait to move his family from that rotten brain infested shit hole state.  
    I was talking about Maher, Mick was talking about Musk and you say Rogan. Can't you just be normal and chalk it up to misunderstanding by everyone?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152

bill maher does not live in texas.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    You realize California is better than Texas by practically every measurable statistic, or nah?
  • Options
    😂 i used to watch his podcast all the time. I don’t hate him at all. I stopped giving him my views because of his peddling in bigotry, hate, and misinformation. Simple as that. He started going down the Jorden Peterson path around covid. 

He moved as a term of his deal with Spotify; now he’s saving face if he’s claiming he couldn’t wait to leave. Never once did I hear him utter any displeasure with California (except traffic) while I watched him. 

Man, you’re full of hate. Chill out a bit. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    You responded to a quote talking about Maher shitting on California with “he lives in Texas now silly”, referring to Rogan, laughing at three people who (rightfully) didn’t know wtf you were talking about. 

And you say Biden is a mush brain? 😂 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    edited December 2022
    Have you ever lived in CA?

There are all types of people who live there.  People who love Donald Trump and people who do not.

I'd like to type what I think of your post but it might get me banned.
    Let's just say you are foolish to talk such smack on a beautiful place.

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Kauai No ka ‘Oi

lofuckingl 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    California’s great. Pointing out people moving to Austin is a sick burn on the libs tells me you haven’t been there and don’t know much about it. 
  • Options
    California’s great. Pointing out people moving to Austin is a sick burn on the libs tells me you haven’t been there and don’t know much about it. 
    I pointed out Rogan Moved to Austin to get away from the the shithole California has become…He talks about it atleast once a week on his podcast.  You should know, those Cali rotten brains have been moving into Oregon in droves, unfortunately they are bringing their rotten brain ways w/ them.  California used to be great, I don’t know many who still feel that way….Lots of Cali out here in Hawaii, but good on ya.  I sure hope Austin stays great, time will tell.  
  • Options
    I pointed out Rogan Moved to Austin to get away from the the shithole California has become…He talks about it atleast once a week on his podcast.  You should know, those Cali rotten brains have been moving into Oregon in droves, unfortunately they are bringing their rotten brain ways w/ them.  California used to be great, I don’t know many who still feel that way….Lots of Cali out here in Hawaii, but good on ya.  I sure hope Austin stays great, time will tell.  
    Did you trade one dem run state for another? Fancy that.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    Tell us more about rotten brains. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Tell us more about rotten brains. 

If rotten brains are infecting other states as she suggests like folks moving away from California to Oregon , then surely Texas has an infection now too.....

Jamie, pull that up....
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Did you trade one dem run state for another? Fancy that.
    For half the year ….It’s so wonderful. Politics is such a afterthought in paradise.  Even Obummer keeps his BS to himself when he is here, nobody wants to hear it…Fancy that ;)
    I highly recommend this place if you have the means…just leave the rotten brain ways on the mainland.  Aloha