Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    pjl44 said:
    This seems like bad news for the incumbent

BS!  Polls are done to shape opinion not reflect opinion so go on living in your leftie bubble and be stunned again in November.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    Biden
    RYME said:
    pjl44 said:

BS!  Polls are done to shape opinion not reflect opinion so go on living in your leftie bubble and be stunned again in November.
    Math is difficult for trump fans.  Stats are darn near impossible. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    pjl44 said:

That's because numbers like facts, reality, and the weather have a liberal bias 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    Thanks for that  article^^^^, Jose^^^^

I just thought I'd Post a portion of that article:

Trump actually tweeted on June 22: "Rigged 2020 election: millions of mail-in ballots will be printed by foreign countries, and others. It will be the scandal of our times!" With this, Trump has begun to lay the groundwork for the step-by-step process by which he holds on to the presidency after he has clearly lost the election:

1. Biden wins the popular vote, and carries the key swing states of Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania by decent but not overwhelming margins.
    2. Trump immediately declares that the voting was rigged, that there was mail-in ballot fraud and that the Chinese were behind a plan to provide fraudulent mail-in ballots and other "election hacking" throughout the four key swing states that gave Biden his victory.
    3. Having railed against the Chinese throughout the campaign, calling Biden "soft on China," Trump delivers his narrative claiming the Chinese have interfered in the U.S. election.
    4. Trump indicates this is a major national security issue, and he invokes emergency powers, directing the Justice Department to investigate the alleged activity in the swing states. The legal justification for the presidential powers he invokes has already been developed and issued by Barr.
    5. The investigation is intended to tick down the clock toward December 14, the deadline when each state's Electoral College electors must be appointed. This is the very issue that the Supreme Court harped on in Bush v. Gore in ruling that the election process had to be brought to a close, thus forbidding the further counting of Florida ballots.
    6. All four swing states have Republican control of both their upper and lower houses of their state legislatures. Those state legislatures refuse to allow any Electoral College slate to be certified until the "national security" investigation is complete.
    7. The Democrats will have begun a legal action to certify the results in those four states, and the appointment of the Biden slate of electors, arguing that Trump has manufactured a national security emergency in order to create the ensuing chaos.
    8. The issue goes up to the Supreme Court, which unlike the 2000 election does not decide the election in favor of the Republicans. However, it indicates again that the December 14 Electoral College deadline must be met; that the president's national security powers legally authorize him to investigate potential foreign country intrusion into the national election; and if no Electoral College slate can be certified by any state by December 14, the Electoral College must meet anyway and cast its votes.
    9. The Electoral College meets, and without the electors from those four states being represented, neither Biden nor Trump has sufficient votes to get an Electoral College majority.
    10. The election is thrown into the House of Representatives, pursuant to the Constitution. Under the relevant constitutional process, the vote in the House is by state delegation, where each delegation casts one vote, which is determined by the majority of the representatives in that state.
    11. Currently, there are 26 states that have a majority Republican House delegation. 23 states have a majority Democratic delegation. There is one state, Pennsylvania, that has an evenly split delegation. Even if the Democrats were to pick up seats in Pennsylvania and hold all their 2018 House gains, the Republicans would have a 26 to 24 delegation majority.
    12. This vote would enable Trump to retain the presidency.
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    pjl44 said:

@mrussel1 Matt seriously, never stop posting here. Intelligence and humor. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    Reportedly the Trump administrations new corona virus messaging is going to be something like.  It’s here we need to live with it....
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    Biden
    static111 said:
    Reportedly the Trump administrations new corona virus messaging is going to be something like.  It’s here we need to live with it....
    and in smaller print it will continue....but you might die from listening to us
  • Options
    Biden
    static111 said:
    They've failed us in so many ways.  It's really so sad.  
  • Options
    j1kotwicj1kotwic Posts: 168
    rgambs said:
    @j1kotwic
    How do you feel about Trump tweeting his white power supporters this morning? 
    Here we go again. "White power" group consists of about 40 people that travel around the us. Charlie LeDuff has some great reporting on them in the Detroit area. 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    j1kotwic said:
    I will vote trump in 2020. It was a choice I thought long and hard about in 2016. He was my last choice of the Republican candidates.  But in the end, I thought he would take the country in a better direction than hillary. 

I remember coming on here after he won the election in 2016 and I was insulted by many on here after I said I voted for Trump. Mainly I was called a racist. 

Fast forward to now. Trump still can be a total jackass and I wonder what the hell he's thinking. Worse than I thought. Why he says the things he says.. some of it is nuts. And it really makes me wonder. Then sometimes he says things that make total sense and is exactly what I'm thinking. That's the part thats missing from the democrats. They never say anything that I agree with these days. It also doesnt help that the democrats have insulted everyone who voted for Trump - over and over again...Thats true for this forum too. All anyone has done on here is hurl insults at people who dont think like them. I stop by here every now and again, see if theres anyone around here that's thinking like I am.. post something like this, get insulted some more, come back on 8 to 12 months later and repeat. Why do I even bother?  Who knows. Pearl Jam is my favorite band. So maybe I prefer getting scolded by pearl jam fans as opposed to the general public? That must be it. I prefer to get scolded by people with good musical taste... so theres one thing we have in common. 
    When you say Trump says a few things that make sense, what things are hitting you right? As someone who tends to vote third party, I'm curious because it sounds like you're genuinely interested in having a conversation. There aren't many Trump supporters who pop in and most that do are only looking to lob bombs.
    For me specifically, energy policy, as it is how I make a living. Natural gas, including renewable natural gas, for those who gasped. The Democrats have taken aim at my livelihood. This is one major piece. There are others... but if its your livelihood and all you've worked for your entire life... well ya know. 
  • Options
    benjs said:
    j1kotwic said:
    I will vote trump in 2020. It was a choice I thought long and hard about in 2016. He was my last choice of the Republican candidates.  But in the end, I thought he would take the country in a better direction than hillary. 

I remember coming on here after he won the election in 2016 and I was insulted by many on here after I said I voted for Trump. Mainly I was called a racist. 

Fast forward to now. Trump still can be a total jackass and I wonder what the hell he's thinking. Worse than I thought. Why he says the things he says.. some of it is nuts. And it really makes me wonder. Then sometimes he says things that make total sense and is exactly what I'm thinking. That's the part thats missing from the democrats. They never say anything that I agree with these days. It also doesnt help that the democrats have insulted everyone who voted for Trump - over and over again...Thats true for this forum too. All anyone has done on here is hurl insults at people who dont think like them. I stop by here every now and again, see if theres anyone around here that's thinking like I am.. post something like this, get insulted some more, come back on 8 to 12 months later and repeat. Why do I even bother?  Who knows. Pearl Jam is my favorite band. So maybe I prefer getting scolded by pearl jam fans as opposed to the general public? That must be it. I prefer to get scolded by people with good musical taste... so theres one thing we have in common. 
    You're welcome to stay away if you don't like being confronted with facts and asked to respond to them. It's not like you're enriching any conversations by telling us you'd vote the "sometimes-nuts" person in office over Biden, and providing zero initiatives that the Democrats have pursued that you have such vehement opposition to. Tell me what what you're so offended by that Democrats have taken strong stances on - the notion of equality? Of protecting freedom of speech? Combatting a troubling statistic of black men being murdered by police officers? Proposing mask-wearing during a pandemic?

If these things offend you - I hope you enjoy the next Trump rally. 
    Ok I understand now.. I'm an idiot, youre not. Never been a Trump fan. Hated the apprentice.  Never been to a Trump rally.
    Will never go to a Trump rally.  I do wear a mask in public - if I have to go in public.  
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    @j1kotwic
    How do you feel about Trump tweeting his white power supporters this morning? 
    I do not think Trump is a white supremacist. I think white supremacists are about 0.0001% of the population. This is just crap clogging up the internet. White supremacists have no place in today's society and they've been weeded out. Stop trying to act like they have a voice. 
  • Options
    RYME said:
    benjs said: huh
    j1kotwic said:

You're welcome to stay away if you don't like being confronted with facts and asked to respond to them. It's not like you're enriching any conversations by telling us you'd vote the "sometimes-nuts" person in office over Biden, and providing zero initiatives that the Democrats have pursued that you have such vehement opposition to. Tell me what what you're so offended by that Democrats have taken strong stances on - the notion of equality? Of protecting freedom of speech? Combatting a troubling statistic of black men being murdered by police officers? Proposing mask-wearing during a pandemic?

Benjs has always been the gate keeper at the 10C forum.  I have been chewed out a few times by comrade benjs, and have been told to leave. Suggesting that maybe I get new friends.
    Claiming that they here @ 10C are the enlightened Woke ones with compassion and 9 the fun facts of the day.
    Hey, j1kotwic my wife often asks me why I bother arguing with these people?
    I do it  to keep up with how wacky the left is getting,  and stupidity on my part.

Hahaha.  I come for the same reason as you. I'm interested in hearing what others think. Especially here. Not sure why. The only reason I can think of is that I've been to so many PJ concerts and everyone is so friendly and awesome. Then you come here and you'd think theres no way these are the same people I see at a PJ concert. Just weird.  
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    j1kotwic said:
    benjs said:
    j1kotwic said:

Ok I understand now.. I'm an idiot, youre not. Never been a Trump fan. Hated the apprentice.  Never been to a Trump rally.
    Will never go to a Trump rally.  I do wear a mask in public - if I have to go in public.  
    I didn't attack your intelligence. If you're going down that avenue, you're doing so of your own accord. 

You mentioned that you find many of the things Trump says are 'nuts', but that you don't see anything you could get behind from the Democrats. My ask is simple: if you think the current POTUS does and says things that are 'sometimes nuts', what is it so awful the Democrats support that Trump doesn't that would compel you to tolerate that idiocy for another four years?

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    Biden
    please also explain how natural gas is renewable.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    I'm sitting this one out
    j1kotwic said:
    pjl44 said:
    j1kotwic said:

When you say Trump says a few things that make sense, what things are hitting you right? As someone who tends to vote third party, I'm curious because it sounds like you're genuinely interested in having a conversation. There aren't many Trump supporters who pop in and most that do are only looking to lob bombs.
    For me specifically, energy policy, as it is how I make a living. Natural gas, including renewable natural gas, for those who gasped. The Democrats have taken aim at my livelihood. This is one major piece. There are others... but if its your livelihood and all you've worked for your entire life... well ya know. 
    Gotcha. That makes sense to me. There's often a lot of discussion about whether or not someone is appropriately voting in their interest, so it would be difficult to judge that too harshly. 
  • Options
    Biden
    Progressive Democrats have targeted my livelihood since 2008. But that's okay,  I trust both moderation and regulated capitalism.  I simply cannot vote for a man who so damages our founding principles,  truth and common decency.  I know Democrats cost me money,  but there are some things that are more important than that. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    Biden
    The sitting president just used his July 4th speech to declare war on Americans. Let that sink in.

Getting rid of the “undesirables”.  This rhetoric has been used by strongmen before. Their countries ended up failing.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Biden
    The sitting president just used his July 4th speech to declare war on Americans. Let that sink in.

Getting rid of the “undesirables”.  This rhetoric has been used by strongmen before. Their countries ended up failing.
    The enemy was immigrants and Muslims in 16.  Now it’s other Americans.
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Biden
    Joe Biden could shoot me on 5th Ave. and I’d still vote for him.

lol, stole that from an article I was reading earlier this weekend.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Biden
    cutz said:
    Thanks for that  article^^^^, Jose^^^^

I just thought I'd Post a portion of that article:

Trump actually tweeted on June 22: "Rigged 2020 election: millions of mail-in ballots will be printed by foreign countries, and others. It will be the scandal of our times!" With this, Trump has begun to lay the groundwork for the step-by-step process by which he holds on to the presidency after he has clearly lost the election:

1. Biden wins the popular vote, and carries the key swing states of Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania by decent but not overwhelming margins.
    2. Trump immediately declares that the voting was rigged, that there was mail-in ballot fraud and that the Chinese were behind a plan to provide fraudulent mail-in ballots and other "election hacking" throughout the four key swing states that gave Biden his victory.
    3. Having railed against the Chinese throughout the campaign, calling Biden "soft on China," Trump delivers his narrative claiming the Chinese have interfered in the U.S. election.
    4. Trump indicates this is a major national security issue, and he invokes emergency powers, directing the Justice Department to investigate the alleged activity in the swing states. The legal justification for the presidential powers he invokes has already been developed and issued by Barr.
    5. The investigation is intended to tick down the clock toward December 14, the deadline when each state's Electoral College electors must be appointed. This is the very issue that the Supreme Court harped on in Bush v. Gore in ruling that the election process had to be brought to a close, thus forbidding the further counting of Florida ballots.
    6. All four swing states have Republican control of both their upper and lower houses of their state legislatures. Those state legislatures refuse to allow any Electoral College slate to be certified until the "national security" investigation is complete.
    7. The Democrats will have begun a legal action to certify the results in those four states, and the appointment of the Biden slate of electors, arguing that Trump has manufactured a national security emergency in order to create the ensuing chaos.
    8. The issue goes up to the Supreme Court, which unlike the 2000 election does not decide the election in favor of the Republicans. However, it indicates again that the December 14 Electoral College deadline must be met; that the president's national security powers legally authorize him to investigate potential foreign country intrusion into the national election; and if no Electoral College slate can be certified by any state by December 14, the Electoral College must meet anyway and cast its votes.
    9. The Electoral College meets, and without the electors from those four states being represented, neither Biden nor Trump has sufficient votes to get an Electoral College majority.
    10. The election is thrown into the House of Representatives, pursuant to the Constitution. Under the relevant constitutional process, the vote in the House is by state delegation, where each delegation casts one vote, which is determined by the majority of the representatives in that state.
    11. Currently, there are 26 states that have a majority Republican House delegation. 23 states have a majority Democratic delegation. There is one state, Pennsylvania, that has an evenly split delegation. Even if the Democrats were to pick up seats in Pennsylvania and hold all their 2018 House gains, the Republicans would have a 26 to 24 delegation majority.
    12. This vote would enable Trump to retain the presidency.
    I see it as more of a narrative for him to step away without admitting defeat.  I don't really see a case where he stays on....he did the same thing in 2016.  He thought he was going to lose so he throws out the fraud narrative...yet, he won.  

The fraud narrative let's him and his family claim victory until they leave the earth...because they didn't really lose if they don't admit it.

Honestly...can you imagine tRump giving a concession speech?  Not going to happen.  Very unlikely tRump even appears for the inauguration speech.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Biden
    Hi! said:
    Joe Biden could shoot me on 5th Ave. and I’d still vote for him.

lol, stole that from an article I was reading earlier this weekend.
    :lol:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    Biden
    pjl44 said:

i did not look at it too closely at first. i thought the red was a visual representation of papa john's career.
    He's making a comeback though! Check out his TikTok... :s

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    edited July 2020
    Biden
    I don't think any president (certainly not one in my lifetime) has ever tried so hard to divide the country. The country has been divided (Vietnam war and civil rights in the 1950s and 1960s, for sure) but while I won't speak to Andrew Jackson or Chester A. Arthur, I don't think any president has even been a tenth as intentionally divisive as Trump over the last 100 years. People (not me, but people) tend to like positivity and Trump's inauguration, his Mount Rushmore speech, and almost all others are dark and depressing.  Reagan and W thrived on foreign enemies to exhausting levels, but I never imagined I see someone so dependent on domestic enemies. 

While this election is not really about Biden and my primary hope for him is that he appears healthy, is unable to sniff hair (thank you, Covid), and doesn't have too many memorable gaffes, I'm starting to think  his primary message should be to counter this division. He should talk about the role of the office in bringing the country together and cite examples from past presidents, Democrat and Republican. That needs to be the message: Trump is trying to divide us and I'm going to try to bring us together. I suppose that will upset some of the hard-left but generally, if Trump keeps digging his heels in on vilifying nearly half the country and Biden does a good job of saying this needs to stop and I'm going to stop it, it should work.  And if it doesn't, it just confirms that all hope his lost.
    Post edited by OnWis97 on
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    I don't think any president (certainly not one in my lifetime) has ever tried so hard to divide the country. The country has been divided (Vietnam war and civil rights in the 1950s and 1960s, for sure) but while I won't speak to Andrew Jackson or Chester A. Arthur, I don't think any president has even been a tenth as intentionally divisive as Trump over the last 100 years. People (not me, but people) tend to like positivity and Trump's inauguration, his Mount Rushmore speech, and almost all others are dark and depressing.  Reagan and W thrived on foreign enemies to exhausting levels, but I never imagined I see someone so dependent on domestic enemies. 

While this election is not really about Biden and my primary hope for him is that he appears healthy, is unable to sniff hair (thank you, Covid), and doesn't have too many memorable gaffes, I'm starting to think  his primary message should be to counter this division. He should talk about the role of the office in bringing the country together and cite examples from past presidents, Democrat and Republican. That needs to be the message: Trump is trying to divide us and I'm going to try to bring us together. I suppose that will upset some of the hard-left but generally, if Trump keeps digging his heels in on vilifying nearly half the country and Biden does a good job of saying this needs to stop and I'm going to stop it, it should work.  And if it doesn't, it just confirms that all hope his lost.
    It's unreal....he used a July 4th speech at a national monument to blast democrats rather than try to unite the fucking country on its birthday.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    I'm sitting this one out
    Biden isn't unifying anything. He can say that if he wants, but no one who isn't already voting for him is gonna buy it. Trump isn't causing division, he's a symptom of it. The only thing that's remarkable is how he leans into it like a complete asshole. Past Presidents and Presidential candidates had the decency(?) to save it for private speeches so they could talk about being misquoted later.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    pjl44 said:
    Biden isn't unifying anything. He can say that if he wants, but no one who isn't already voting for him is gonna buy it. Trump isn't causing division, he's a symptom of it. The only thing that's remarkable is how he leans into it like a complete asshole. Past Presidents and Presidential candidates had the decency(?) to save it for private speeches so they could talk about being misquoted later.
    Trump may be a symptom of division but like hell he isn't causing any of his own. Anyone and everyone can see that. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Biden
    When is Biden going to name his running-mate? Late July like Hillary did? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    Agree on Biden.  Disagree that Trump isn’t doing any dividing of his own.  Yes he is a symptom, but he is also a mega phone amplifying the message , I mean have you ever heard his speeches?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden