Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,491
    I'm sitting this one out
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    I think the CBC model has worked really well here in Canada.

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (French: Société Radio-Canada), branded as CBC/Radio-Canada, is a Canadian federal Crown corporation that serves as the national public broadcaster for both radio and television.[4] The English- and French-language service units of the corporation are commonly known as CBC and Radio-Canada, respectively.

CBC is the oldest existing broadcasting network in Canada. The CBC was established on November 2, 1936.

The CBC's federal funding is supplemented by revenue from commercial advertising on its television broadcasts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Broadcasting_Corporation

I think America would be well served to have a similar service.
    What do you consider NPR?
    Not nearly the scale, reach and influence of CBC. Comparatively speaking, think more BBC.
    Yeah but that's a consumer decision.  I bet NPR is available to 99% of the people.  I agree it's not the size of CBC but it's still there. 
    Yep. And if there's something we definitely don't want to model....

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/section-163.html
    I don't understand your point here.
    Canadian obscenity laws
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    federally funded news in america would never fly. we get enough "defund the cbc" bullshit here from right wing nutters thinking it's an arm of trudeau (but magically, it wasn't for harper). 
    Look at the polling, defund the CBC is fringe. CBC is just as much an institution here as single payer health care and hockey.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,168
    Biden
    dignin said:
    federally funded news in america would never fly. we get enough "defund the cbc" bullshit here from right wing nutters thinking it's an arm of trudeau (but magically, it wasn't for harper). 
    Look at the polling, defund the CBC is fringe. CBC is just as much an institution here as single payer health care and hockey.
    i know it's fringe. but i'm saying the crazy that is fringe here becomes mainstream down below. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    That's exactly what NPR and PBS are... federally funded news.  And the same shit from the right here on it. 
    They are not the same as CBC. We fund our public broadcaster waaaay more. PBS and NPR get a pittance, not nearly enough to be competitive in the market. NPR has a donate link on their main webpage, and that's a damn shame. 

CBC's funding differs from that of the public broadcasters of many European nations, which collect a licence fee, or those in the United States, such as PBS and NPR, which receive some public funding but rely to a large extent on voluntary contributions from individual viewers and listeners. A Nanos Research poll from August 2014 conducted for Asper Media (National Post, Financial Post) showed 41% of Canadians wanted funding increased, 46% wanted it maintained at current levels, and only 10% wanted to see it cut.
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    That's exactly what NPR and PBS are... federally funded news.  And the same shit from the right here on it. 
    i honestly didn't know NPR was funded, and PBS, yes, i suppose you're right, i just didn't think about it as you don't really have an equivalent (which was not your point, just saying). what we have would be like NBC being federally funded. (but again, i know that wasn't your point). 

all that comes to mind when i think of pbs is telethons and lawrence welk. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    I think the CBC model has worked really well here in Canada.

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (French: Société Radio-Canada), branded as CBC/Radio-Canada, is a Canadian federal Crown corporation that serves as the national public broadcaster for both radio and television.[4] The English- and French-language service units of the corporation are commonly known as CBC and Radio-Canada, respectively.

CBC is the oldest existing broadcasting network in Canada. The CBC was established on November 2, 1936.

The CBC's federal funding is supplemented by revenue from commercial advertising on its television broadcasts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Broadcasting_Corporation

I think America would be well served to have a similar service.
    What do you consider NPR?
    Not nearly the scale, reach and influence of CBC. Comparatively speaking, think more BBC.
    Yeah but that's a consumer decision.  I bet NPR is available to 99% of the people.  I agree it's not the size of CBC but it's still there. 
    Yep. And if there's something we definitely don't want to model....

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/section-163.html
    I don't understand your point here.
    Canadian obscenity laws
    i still don't really understand your point. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    They are not the same as CBC. We fund our public broadcaster waaaay more. PBS and NPR get a pittance, not nearly enough to be competitive in the market. NPR has a donate link on their main webpage, and that's a damn shame. 

CBC's funding differs from that of the public broadcasters of many European nations, which collect a licence fee, or those in the United States, such as PBS and NPR, which receive some public funding but rely to a large extent on voluntary contributions from individual viewers and listeners. A Nanos Research poll from August 2014 conducted for Asper Media (National Post, Financial Post) showed 41% of Canadians wanted funding increased, 46% wanted it maintained at current levels, and only 10% wanted to see it cut.
    PBS and npr, and others, are funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. CPB is a quasi-governmental agency that receives appropriations from Congress and then divies up the money. Guess which political party drastically cut its budget and wanted to defund it completely?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    Biden
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:

PBS and npr, and others, are funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. CPB is a quasi-governmental agency that receives appropriations from Congress and then divies up the money. Guess which political party drastically cut its budget and wanted to defund it completely?
    Yes absolutely. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    Biden
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:

I'm not arguing the levels,  I'm just saying we have federal funding.  The reality is that's never been where the majority of Americans get their news,  even before the advent of 24 cable
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,200
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yes absolutely. 
    It's so sad...the GOP has convinced their chud that PBS is a liberal indoctrination channel.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,782
    Biden
    No Fraud again. How many more times......?

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    Kat said:

This is the guy who has already grifted 130K in a gofundme and is now going on record saying he did not take back his statement. Gotta keep that money flowing in I guess. 
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,050
    Biden
    130k is the going rate...
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    Kat said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I have no doubt trump himself is expecting the result to change... but everyone around him knows

They are just going through the motions to placate a fat spoiled child
    I think he knows....he's just using this to raise funds.  At some point they will get through to him that he is just damaging his legacy.  

They will convince him that conceding will make a 2024 run possible and that he can claim glorious victory then.

Hopefully by 2023 he will be damaged enough to just go away.

There will be a whole wing of his library about how he FOUGHT for you, the true and real ‘Murica people and not those radical leftists “others” that stole PA and the election from him.
    His library has to have that Sharpie-doctored hurricane map on display too, right?
    Call me crazy, but "trump" and "library" don't belong in the same sentence!
  • Options
    Biden
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Kat said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I have no doubt trump himself is expecting the result to change... but everyone around him knows

I think he knows....he's just using this to raise funds.  At some point they will get through to him that he is just damaging his legacy.  

They will convince him that conceding will make a 2024 run possible and that he can claim glorious victory then.

There will be a whole wing of his library about how he FOUGHT for you, the true and real ‘Murica people and not those radical leftists “others” that stole PA and the election from him.
    His library has to have that Sharpie-doctored hurricane map on display too, right?
    it'll be nothing but a bunch of archived tweets. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,198
    Biden
    Kat said:

SHOCKING!!!!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Biden
    Man I can't wait for the next 4 years.  People on here arguing about policy again.  I was all in on Biden vs trump even though I don't like Biden.  So it should get fun around here again!!! no more of this all agreeing crap!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Biden
    Man I can't wait for the next 4 years.  People on here arguing about policy again.  I was all in on Biden vs trump even though I don't like Biden.  So it should get fun around here again!!! no more of this all agreeing crap!
    we picking teams? who gets first pick?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Biden
    we picking teams? who gets first pick?
    No idea, but I'm excited about the future around here!!!!  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Biden
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Kat said:
    MayDay10 said:

it'll be nothing but a bunch of archived tweets. 
    This is true.  You will get a phone upon entering.  As you tour, you phone will read out the tweets (in english or russian, your choice)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    Kat said:
    MayDay10 said:

Right next to the 2020 electoral college map which will show that he won all 75 of Montana’s electoral votes and all 50 of Wyoming’s.
    Post edited by OnWis97 on
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,200
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    dignin said:
    i know it's fringe. but i'm saying the crazy that is fringe here becomes mainstream down below. 
    Unfortunately, I have to agree.

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    Biden
    Goodbye to the following terms:
    -unhinged 
    -narcissist
    -cult
    -nothingburger

Welcome back to the following terms:
    -deficit 
    -policy 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

Like there was ever any doubt as to how Alaska was going to go.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:

I'm not arguing the levels,  I'm just saying we have federal funding.  The reality is that's never been where the majority of Americans get their news,  even before the advent of 24 cable
    I don't disagree, and that's a shame because NPR and PBS are great.

I just don't see publicly funded news as the boogie man, as long as it's kept at arms length. The for profit at any cost model can lead to obvious problems (news as entertainment as an example, Rupert Murdoch as another).
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    edited November 2020
    I'm sitting this one out

Big LOL on this one.  What does this video prove?  I guess he's trying to cry about the state (appears to be California lol) being called early although there are tons of mail in/drop off ballots still left to gather.  This only proves that there are lots of these LEGAL ballots out there.  Any sane person would see this as a knock on Trumps crazy accusations of fraud.

Not sure why the tweet wont show but it's the video Trump posted just a little while ago
    Post edited by NSL on
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Biden
    He’s such an idiot and an absolute embarrassment.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,050
    Biden
    mfc2006 said:
    He’s such an idiot and an absolute embarrassment.
    yes he is.  THERES THE DOOR
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    NSL said:

Big LOL on this one.  What does this video prove?  I guess he's trying to cry about the state (appears to be California lol) being called early although there are tons of mail in/drop off ballots still left to gather.  This only proves that there are lots of these LEGAL ballots out there.  Any sane person would see this as a knock on Trumps crazy accusations of fraud.

Not sure why the tweet wont show but it's the video Trump posted just a little while ago
    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-la-ballots-idUSKBN27M236

Why is it so hard for some people to understand the laws of each state and how they work.