Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Biden
    i really really tried to watch it. i made it about 3 minutes until charlie kirk called trump the "bodyguard of western civilization" and then i turned off the tv. i figured that was the biggest pile of horseshit they could throw out and it was in the first 5 minutes.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    My wife got her mail-in ballot for the upcoming Massachusetts primary. She chose to receive the republican ballot. I've never seen a more blank ballot. There are, I think, three races on it in which republicans are participating, only one of which has a choice between two candidates. The other two are unopposed.

I chose to receive the democrat ballot because anytime one has the opportunity to vote against a Kennedy, one should use it. The icing on the cake here is that it's also a proxy vote against Pelosi. I also get to check off a box next to my incumbent representative, Seth Moulton, which is great. I don't know how long a fella like him will last in politics, but I'd like to keep him as my representative for as long as he continues to take his job as seriously as he has been doing. Great representation and great leadership.
    Kennedy is running for a senate seat.  How is that a proxy vote?  Is it because she endorsed the progressive candidate?  I don't think it puts her speakership in jeopardy?

Good for you for voting for the moderate,  establishment candidate.  I like it.  
    They are both progressive candidates. One actually has a track record of pushing progressive policies and pushing back against Mother Pelosi; the other has an assumed birthright. 
    How does a Democratic Senator have a track record of pushing back against a Democratic Speaker?

Pelosi is the only thing standing between Trump and total political destruction.  Whatever you may think of 'mother', she has kicked Trump's ass politically six ways to Sunday since 2018.  She is one of the most powerful modern speakers.  If Biden wins and we retain the House, her legacy is locked up.  

Edit - it just occurred to me that you were speaking of his time as a representative, not his senate career.  Perhaps that's why she endorsed Kennedy.  Now I'm going to find myself rooting for Kennedy, even though I didn't have a horse before.  
    There's no perhaps about it. This is exactly why she's an asshole and why she's handled Trump so well. It takes one to pwn one.

And I just don't want to support in any way, shape or form an older-than-dirt politician that craves/demands so much fealty. So I'm proud to proxy vote against that kind of politician at least twice this election year.

Believe it or not, there was a time, around 15-20 years ago, when Nancy Pelosi was one of my favorite people in the world. Power corrupts.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    Biden
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    My wife got her mail-in ballot for the upcoming Massachusetts primary. She chose to receive the republican ballot. I've never seen a more blank ballot. There are, I think, three races on it in which republicans are participating, only one of which has a choice between two candidates. The other two are unopposed.

I chose to receive the democrat ballot because anytime one has the opportunity to vote against a Kennedy, one should use it. The icing on the cake here is that it's also a proxy vote against Pelosi. I also get to check off a box next to my incumbent representative, Seth Moulton, which is great. I don't know how long a fella like him will last in politics, but I'd like to keep him as my representative for as long as he continues to take his job as seriously as he has been doing. Great representation and great leadership.
    Kennedy is running for a senate seat.  How is that a proxy vote?  Is it because she endorsed the progressive candidate?  I don't think it puts her speakership in jeopardy?

They are both progressive candidates. One actually has a track record of pushing progressive policies and pushing back against Mother Pelosi; the other has an assumed birthright. 
    How does a Democratic Senator have a track record of pushing back against a Democratic Speaker?

Pelosi is the only thing standing between Trump and total political destruction.  Whatever you may think of 'mother', she has kicked Trump's ass politically six ways to Sunday since 2018.  She is one of the most powerful modern speakers.  If Biden wins and we retain the House, her legacy is locked up.  

Edit - it just occurred to me that you were speaking of his time as a representative, not his senate career.  Perhaps that's why she endorsed Kennedy.  Now I'm going to find myself rooting for Kennedy, even though I didn't have a horse before.  
    There's no perhaps about it. This is exactly why she's an asshole and why she's handled Trump so well. It takes one to pwn one.

And I just don't want to support in any way, shape or form an older-than-dirt politician that craves/demands so much fealty. So I'm proud to proxy vote against that kind of politician at least twice this election year.

Believe it or not, there was a time, around 15-20 years ago, when Nancy Pelosi was one of my favorite people in the world. Power corrupts.
    Can you give me some examples of where she is corrupt? Where she uses her power to enrich herself? That's corruption,  not just things you don't like.  Second,  good job calling her older than dirt.  Since you admit she's effective,  you just dislike old people? 
    edited August 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Can you give me some examples of where she is corrupt? Where she uses her power to enrich herself? That's corruption,  not just things you don't like.  Second,  good job calling her older than dirt.  Since you admit she's effective,  you just dislike old people? 
    I love old people--just not old people with that much power.

And using your influence to shape a nation-state in your likeness is corrupt to me. Thankfully, no one named Kennedy is running against my representative. She'd love to evict him, I'm sure.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Biden
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

And using your influence to shape a nation-state in your likeness is corrupt to me. Thankfully, no one named Kennedy is running against my representative. She'd love to evict him, I'm sure.
    I don't even know what the fuck you're talking about.  She is shaping a nation-state in her likeness?  What does that even mean?  Does she run over the Senate, the executive branch and the SCOTUS while shaping this nation-state?  I'm glad you have your own special definition of corrupt.  These sound like Breitbart arguments. 

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

I don't even know what the fuck you're talking about.  She is shaping a nation-state in her likeness?  What does that even mean?  Does she run over the Senate, the executive branch and the SCOTUS while shaping this nation-state?  I'm glad you have your own special definition of corrupt.  These sound like Breitbart arguments. 

At least he hasn't mentioned Soros yet.  That has to be coming soon.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

At least he hasn't mentioned Soros yet.  That has to be coming soon.
    I’ve actually attended a social event (for work) that was also attended by Soros. He seemed like a sweetheart to me. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Biden
    "So the Republican ratings for night one of the convention appear to be significantly lower than the Democrats. But word is that Donald Trump is holding out for the overnight numbers from Moscow."  - Dan Rather
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616
    Biden
    dankind said:

I'm definitely voting for a Kennedy- Brynne Kennedy:

I would SO like to see her knock ultra-conservative Tom McLintock out of our congressional seat.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Biden
    They are saying Biden wants to defund the police, yet is too tough on crime at the same time. 

There’s no consistent message from these frauds
    www.myspace.com
    Biden

www.myspace.com
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,301
    If a speaker doesn’t close with “God bless the United States of America,” will god strike them down?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    I'm sitting this one out
    If a speaker doesn’t close with “God bless the United States of America,” will god strike them down?
    One can only pray...?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Biden
    dankind said:
    One can only pray...?
    Nicely done.
    Biden
    These rioters are doing everything they can to help Trump get back in the race, aren’t they?
    www.myspace.com
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839
    edited August 2020
    Biden
    These rioters are doing everything they can to help Trump get back in the race, aren’t they?
    Well if Biden himself would actually condemn some of that shit, it probably wouldn't aid Trump. You follow Biden pretty closely, has he said anything in regards to riots and looting? I haven't seen or heard anything from him.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Well if Biden himself would actually condemn some of that shit, it probably wouldn't aid Trump. You follow Biden pretty closely, has he said anything in regards to riots and looting? I haven't seen or heard anything from him.
    Sleepy Woke Joe hasn’t said a word. Maybe he should’ve tweeted?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/politics/biden-philadelphia-transcript/index.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/biden-riots-emotional-plea-george-floyd-protests-a9541481.html

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    Biden
    not that i've seen. if he'd just say something, anything, explaining the peoples' right to peaceful protest, but violence is not the way, it might unify. then again, it might not. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Biden

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/politics/biden-philadelphia-transcript/index.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/biden-riots-emotional-plea-george-floyd-protests-a9541481.html

More of a plea than a condemnation, but it's better than nothing I guess. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Biden

it is, but both from nearly 3 months ago. i'd say it's time to say something along the same lines as obama's "don't boo....vote". prepare a speech that promises total reform, but in order for that to come to fruition, you need to vote democrat all down the ticket. 

he'd also have to make sure to include that this isn't a condemnation of all cops and forces. but to change the culture for the better. better resources. "we're not defunding or dismantling the police, we're de-escalating the violence we see on our streets today, we're simply re-allocating funds to keep everyone safe, citizens and those in uniform; everybody". 

www.headstonesband.com

it is, but both from nearly 3 months ago. i'd say it's time to say something along the same lines as obama's "don't boo....vote". prepare a speech that promises total reform, but in order for that to come to fruition, you need to vote democrat all down the ticket. 

he'd also have to make sure to include that this isn't a condemnation of all cops and forces. but to change the culture for the better. better resources. "we're not defunding or dismantling the police, we're de-escalating the violence we see on our streets today, we're simply re-allocating funds to keep everyone safe, citizens and those in uniform; everybody". 
    Sleepy Woke Joe wants to reallocate some resources toward other social programs and hold police to a higher standard, as well as demilitarize them. Oh the horror. 

Brilliantati©
    edited August 2020
    Biden

Yeah things have escalated a great deal since he made those remarks three months ago. And even in those remarks, he doesn't say much. Just generic "I'm a politician so I'm obligated to say this" sort of stuff. In the CNN link, he says...

"No place for looting or destroying property or burning churches, or destroying businesses — many of them built by people of color who for the first time were beginning to realize their dreams and build wealth for their families. Nor is it acceptable for our police — sworn to protect and serve all people — to escalate tensions or resort to excessive violence. We need to distinguish between legitimate peaceful protest — and opportunistic violent destruction."

In the second link he says...

“Protesting such brutality is right and necessary. It’s an utterly American response. But burning down communities and needless destruction is not. Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not. The act of protesting should never be allowed to overshadow the reason we protest. It should not drive people away from the just cause that protest is meant to advance.”

Not like Trump has done much good in response to any of this. But there must be a public perception out there that Biden and the democrats are complicit in all this. Otherwise, I can't see our resident pollster, The Juggler, suggesting "These rioters are doing everything they can to help Trump get back in the race, aren’t they?"
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Biden

Sleepy Woke Joe wants to reallocate some resources toward other social programs and hold police to a higher standard, as well as demilitarize them. Oh the horror. 

exactly what he should do. 

i'm not sure what "oh the horror" is supposed to mean, but whatever. 

www.headstonesband.com

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    I’m really feeling a Trump surprises everybody and wins again vibe these last few days.  I think joe needs to get out and do some campaigning  maybe even create some false Facebook ads if he has to. I think it’s time to stop playing it safe against a crowd of authoritarians that are hoping to turn Trump and the Republican Party into a dictatorship.  I understand corona changes everything, but so does the party of cult 45 completely flouting all rules and traditions and never being held accountable.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    Biden
    static111 said:
    I’m really feeling a Trump surprises everybody and wins again vibe these last few days.  I think joe needs to get out and do some campaigning  maybe even create some false Facebook ads if he has to. I think it’s time to stop playing it safe against a crowd of authoritarians that are hoping to turn Trump and the Republican Party into a dictatorship.  I understand corona changes everything, but so does the party of cult 45 completely flouting all rules and traditions and never being held accountable.
    I'm not seeing it.  There is no way tRump has gained support.  He needs to have gained support to win.  

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    Biden
    static111 said:
    I'm not seeing it.  There is no way tRump has gained support.  He needs to have gained support to win.  

do you think people that didn't vote in 2016 are energized/scared enough to vote in 2020?

www.headstonesband.com

Biden
    static111 said:

do you think people that didn't vote in 2016 are energized/scared enough to vote in 2020?
    I don't see how Trump has added voters this time around.  It's all about turnout to me. 

The only thing that gives me pause is that I saw that Kanye made the Minnesota ballot.  How annoying. 
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:

I don't see how Trump has added voters this time around.  It's all about turnout to me. 

The only thing that gives me pause is that I saw that Kanye made the Minnesota ballot.  How annoying. 
    me too, hence my question. do you think people who didn't vote last time will vote this time? and if is, a big enough amount to overcome the obstacles trump is putting in place and also with covid?

www.headstonesband.com

Biden
    The interesting thing to me is the debates.  In that format, Trump will have to answer with specifics on a second term agenda: healthcare, COVID, student loans, etc.  How will he answer such questions when he has no actual agenda?  I'm being serious, there is no agenda.  Owning the libs and pissing off the press is not a debate strategy. 
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    Yes, yes they are...