2017 and 2018 singles and Deep magazines

1235»

Comments

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,822
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:

There have been a couple authorized releases of live PJ shows from prior to 1998. In your estimation, are there more shows or material from that era that could see the light of day?
    T

here are lots of incompletes because of the technology, and my main focus being on mixing the band first and foremost. There’s some stuff in there for sure. I think they like to spread things around, in terms of looking that far back. But there’s definitely more to cull from that era.

So they hint at more older stuff, but from January 1, 2000 and on, how much more is there to be released? Would people buy an epic show on record that has been on CD for many years?

They won't do it, but a re-release of Benny as a vault would make loads of money. The red vinyl would still be collectable. The Gorge shows on vinyl, maybe? Vote For Change?
    Wrigley and London 2013

Yes! Wrigley 2013!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    PD279656 said:
    What are the chances they sell these in the store for us morons who didn't set up auto renew?
    If you were an analog member either in 2017 or 2018, you'll get the applicable single(s). If not, it should be a fairly decent chance. Many of the recent ones are still for sale at the 10C shop.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,436
    Anyone waiting with reading the DEEPs until the physical ones arrives? Or is it just me? 

THAT CRAYON SMELL.
    All the colours in the box?
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    PB11041 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Mother fucker:

Some fans have wondered why the famous version of “Breath” from the second Madison Square Garden show wasn’t included.

Well, New York City unions charge 10 or 12 grand to record, so we didn’t record it! There were a couple of shows along those lines. Montreal was the same thing. They wanted a ton of money. Sadly, those end up being some

of the best shows. This was at a point where we didn’t even know we were working on a live record. Was it worth it dollar-wise to pay all that money just to have some tapes sit in a vault? Turns out maybe, but that’s hindsight.

haven't had a chance to download yet, is he talking about the end of the show, or the show entirely.  I know there are issues in terms of curfew/overtime.   That would totally suck if it was the whole shows because damn, that means both nights of Randalls Island might not be in multi track either.
    It sounds like he was talking about the whole show but I could be wrong.
    Was also interesting to hear him talk about the beginning of the Yield tour with Jack and the band feeling like they really weren't firing on all cylinders (when asked if they thought about including any songs from Jack shows). I thought one of those Melbourne shows (that was on the radio) was quite good. But they certainly have more of an ear for it than I do :)

And I never realized that they edited in a different solo for Even Flow.  Although looking at Wiki, it clearly says it's taken from two shows.  I guess I need to brush up on my knowledge.  
    well, they certainly have his foh feed.  They should just release those on a separate series of releases not mean for vinyl.  I know that a lot of artists run into this shit at times.  Warren Haynes could not release his 2003 run for New Years at the Beacon because of this same shit reason.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,104
    Updated the complete MP3 collection to include these new singles...

https://wegotshit.blogspot.com/2015/10/complete-holiday-singles-collection.html
    You save me!!..thank you..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 739
    Hunted Down is awesome!  Missing is different than the Seattle show?  Sounds different, almost as if the vocals were re-recorded or something.  Sounds better to me than the Seattle version though!  Keep Me In Your Heart from the Letterman Tribute is awesome too.   I can't believe I'm saying it, but I think Wildflowers, one of my favorite Petty songs ever, may be the weakest link.   I think Ed's done it better live.  

Anyway its a super awesome treat!  Bittersweet its the end but not a bad way to wrap up.  Thanks again PJ for the soundtrack of my life!
    Isn't it the chicago version? Missing.

Only listened to Wildflowers once, but it felt a bit rushed to me. Like it was rushing through. But I was stressed and listening with one ear at the moment.
    As far as I can tell after a couple of listens, Missing is the Chicago performance with a couple edits. Chicago was the tighter of the two (the other being Seattle) and the instrumentation is almost identical (save for one phrase on the outro that sounds like it was re-arranged I’m editing). There are also effects on the vocals that are not on the bootleg, some echo/reverb in spots and distortion/compression added to the repeat “Missing... Missing...” in each chorus and at the end. 

Going to withhold judgment until I hear it on wax, but I LOVE the Wrigley bootleg version and think it is actually one of Ed’s strongest vocals in recent memory. Breathtaking as it was, even without the effects. Although it’s possible that there were some of these effects used in the live performance anyways that just weren’t on the boot, just enhanced for this particular release. Either way, I’m thrilled to have this on a single. Had hoped it would be...

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/6817215#Comment_6817215
  • I just realized that I still haven't got these 7" singles from 2017 & 2018. What should I do?

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,537
    kirsi said:
    I just realized that I still haven't got these 7" singles from 2017 & 2018. What should I do?

wait. ten club has told other members to contact them if they don't get them by xmas 2021. i'm not kidding. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,257
    kirsi said:
    I just realized that I still haven't got these 7" singles from 2017 & 2018. What should I do?

Dance, like all of us has been doing while we wait for these last two Pearl Jam Christmas singles to arrive.

• Was amazing to finally receive the 2017 and 2018 singles and deep mags this Christmas Eve!! In the mail :) really nice surprise on yet another challenging Christmas due to all that is happening in the world and covid restrictions, etc.
    I honestly thought I had been forgot and wouldn't see these items. Way better to be late then never. Thanks 10c !! Hope you're all having wonderful holidays. Stay safe , healthy,  and happy
    looking up...wondering if there is anything that you cannot do....
  • Dilemma of the day:
    Finally I got a message that my vinyls have arrived here in Denmark, but in order to get them handed out I need to pay what compares to 3 USD in import tax - and an additional handling fee of 24 USD!!! Customs sets the worth to 12 USD. So now I either pay more than double the worth to get my physical vinyls or I thank no to getting them and only have the digital versions of the vinyls and the Deep magazines. 
    And he still gives his love,
    he just gives it away...
    ^ Damn why so much on additional handling fees?
  • I’m in Brisbane, Australia where it it New Year’s Eve and I just got my 2017-2018 analog benefits delivered :)
    I'll swallow poison until I grow immune. I will scream my lungs out til it fills this room.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    edited December 2021
    I see that some are getting this that live in all parts of the world(I'm glad that people are FINALLY getting them), but I have a feeling I'm gonna have to contact 10C as I don't think I'll be getting them at anytime. ( also based on PLENTY near me who have Posted they got them)
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,159
    I’m in Brisbane, Australia where it it New Year’s Eve and I just got my 2017-2018 analog benefits delivered :)
    Still awaiting mine in Melbourne. There is hope if you’re getting them up in Brissy. To be honest the ten club have always delivered in good time down here. Fingers crossed for a delivery post holiday season. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • AZAAZA Posts: 87
    I'm in Brisbane and nothing here yet for me, hopeful it will arrive next week.
    While the 2017 & 2018 Deep magazines are finally landing across the globe, any update on when the 2019, 2020 & 2021 Deep magazines will be shipping out too?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,467
    2019 coming soon!
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    2019 coming soon!

edited January 2022
  • RE658041RE658041 Posts: 406
    It says 2018 on both magazines?
  • They are finally here, in Buenos Aires, how long it took? Anyone else from Argentina got them? Anyone from Argentina still waiting? 
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,104
    Finally are arrived in Greece..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..