2017 and 2018 singles and Deep magazines

Comments

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,251
    Now just he wait for the vinyl to arrive. I can’t fucking wait to spin these. Great choices by the band!!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    Mother fucker:

Some fans have wondered why the famous version of “Breath” from the second Madison Square Garden show wasn’t included.

Well, New York City unions charge 10 or 12 grand to record, so we didn’t record it! There were a couple of shows along those lines. Montreal was the same thing. They wanted a ton of money. Sadly, those end up being some

of the best shows. This was at a point where we didn’t even know we were working on a live record. Was it worth it dollar-wise to pay all that money just to have some tapes sit in a vault? Turns out maybe, but that’s hindsight.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392

There have been a couple authorized releases of live PJ shows from prior to 1998. In your estimation, are there more shows or material from that era that could see the light of day?
    T

here are lots of incompletes because of the technology, and my main focus being on mixing the band first and foremost. There’s some stuff in there for sure. I think they like to spread things around, in terms of looking that far back. But there’s definitely more to cull from that era.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    mcgruff10 said:
    Mother fucker:

Some fans have wondered why the famous version of “Breath” from the second Madison Square Garden show wasn’t included.

Well, New York City unions charge 10 or 12 grand to record, so we didn’t record it! There were a couple of shows along those lines. Montreal was the same thing. They wanted a ton of money. Sadly, those end up being some

of the best shows. This was at a point where we didn’t even know we were working on a live record. Was it worth it dollar-wise to pay all that money just to have some tapes sit in a vault? Turns out maybe, but that’s hindsight.

haven't had a chance to download yet, is he talking about the end of the show, or the show entirely.  I know there are issues in terms of curfew/overtime.   That would totally suck if it was the whole shows because damn, that means both nights of Randalls Island might not be in multi track either.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    JB16057 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    That being said...I forgot...what was the last year they did physical copies of Deep?  Or will we get physical copies for these?
    The last copy of DEEP was sent with the 2017 RnRHOF single. We should still be getting physical copies of these editions of DEEP. They are still offering DEEP as a member perk so we should be getting 2019 and 2020 as well, eventually.

thanks!
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,118
    Anyone waiting with reading the DEEPs until the physical ones arrives? Or is it just me? 

THAT CRAYON SMELL.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Love the Warren Zevon song.  I got to see Ed perform it at Ohana.

I remember when the song was originally released by Warren Zevon.  He had terminal cancer, and he released an album with the song on it.  It was very bittersweet to hear a song about his "pending demise" (his words).
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,822
    edited April 2020
    mcgruff10 said:

There have been a couple authorized releases of live PJ shows from prior to 1998. In your estimation, are there more shows or material from that era that could see the light of day?
    T

here are lots of incompletes because of the technology, and my main focus being on mixing the band first and foremost. There’s some stuff in there for sure. I think they like to spread things around, in terms of looking that far back. But there’s definitely more to cull from that era.

So they hint at more older stuff, but from January 1, 2000 and on, how much more is there to be released? Would people buy an epic show on record that has been on CD for many years?

They won't do it, but a re-release of Benny as a vault would make loads of money. The red vinyl would still be collectable. The Gorge shows on vinyl, maybe? Vote For Change?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    mcgruff10 said:

T

So they hint at more older stuff, but from January 1, 2000 and on, how much more is there to be released? Would people buy an epic show on record that has been on CD for many years?

They won't do it, but a re-release of Benny as a vault would make loads of money. The red vinyl would still be collectable. The Gorge shows on vinyl, maybe? Vote For Change?
    The 2007 shows (Copenhagen for god sakes. Or the London show where the whole floor was only tenclub)
    The 2004 shows (Neil in Toledo, come ooooooon)
    The Letterman show in 2006(?)
    The Shepherd Bush show in 2009.

And I guess more. I'm not a nerd.
    They have shown there are the odd charity gig and the like that hasn't been released.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    edited April 2020
    mcgruff10 said:

T

Wrigley and London 2013

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Hunted Down is awesome!  Missing is different than the Seattle show?  Sounds different, almost as if the vocals were re-recorded or something.  Sounds better to me than the Seattle version though!  Keep Me In Your Heart from the Letterman Tribute is awesome too.   I can't believe I'm saying it, but I think Wildflowers, one of my favorite Petty songs ever, may be the weakest link.   I think Ed's done it better live.  

Anyway its a super awesome treat!  Bittersweet its the end but not a bad way to wrap up.  Thanks again PJ for the soundtrack of my life!
  • Holy shit. There is that saxophone that other thread was about 
    edited April 2020
    Hunted Down is awesome!  Missing is different than the Seattle show?  Sounds different, almost as if the vocals were re-recorded or something.  Sounds better to me than the Seattle version though!  Keep Me In Your Heart from the Letterman Tribute is awesome too.   I can't believe I'm saying it, but I think Wildflowers, one of my favorite Petty songs ever, may be the weakest link.   I think Ed's done it better live.  

Anyway its a super awesome treat!  Bittersweet its the end but not a bad way to wrap up.  Thanks again PJ for the soundtrack of my life!
    Isn't it the chicago version? Missing.

Only listened to Wildflowers once, but it felt a bit rushed to me. Like it was rushing through. But I was stressed and listening with one ear at the moment.
  • desolatejoydesolatejoy Posts: 336
    Did some notify the Washington AG?!?!?!?!? 
    🤣🤣🤣 naughty! Bet they will be glad that PJ have umm...done the right thing 😉😊👍🏻
    Wembley Arena, London - 28/10/96
    Wembley Arena, London - 30/05/00 
    Wembley Arena, London - 18/06/07
    02 Arena, London - 18/08/09
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 30/07/12 EV Solo
    Bowl, Milton Keynes - 11/07/2014
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/17 EV Solo
    O2 Arena, London - 18/06/18
    O2 Arena, London - 17/07/18

It's an art to live with pain, mix the light into grey...
  • desolatejoydesolatejoy Posts: 336
    Updated the complete MP3 collection to include these new singles...

https://wegotshit.blogspot.com/2015/10/complete-holiday-singles-collection.html
    For this we are eternally grateful
     🙌🏻😊🙌🏻😊🙌🏻
    Wembley Arena, London - 28/10/96
    Wembley Arena, London - 30/05/00 
    Wembley Arena, London - 18/06/07
    02 Arena, London - 18/08/09
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 30/07/12 EV Solo
    Bowl, Milton Keynes - 11/07/2014
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/17 EV Solo
    O2 Arena, London - 18/06/18
    O2 Arena, London - 17/07/18

It's an art to live with pain, mix the light into grey...
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Someone mentioned VFC shows, and they play them a lot on their Sirius channel, so I don't know why they haven't been released. Same with the '98 shows, I'm pretty sure there have been a lot of those on there. 

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, as I haven't had satellite radio in a LONG time. Same songs over and over. Not worth it for me. Alexa can play the same songs over and over and it doesn't cost me $10 per month, but I'm probably way off topic now so I'll stop.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    PB11041 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Mother fucker:

haven't had a chance to download yet, is he talking about the end of the show, or the show entirely.  I know there are issues in terms of curfew/overtime.   That would totally suck if it was the whole shows because damn, that means both nights of Randalls Island might not be in multi track either.
    It sounds like he was talking about the whole show but I could be wrong.
    Was also interesting to hear him talk about the beginning of the Yield tour with Jack and the band feeling like they really weren't firing on all cylinders (when asked if they thought about including any songs from Jack shows). I thought one of those Melbourne shows (that was on the radio) was quite good. But they certainly have more of an ear for it than I do :)

And I never realized that they edited in a different solo for Even Flow.  Although looking at Wiki, it clearly says it's taken from two shows.  I guess I need to brush up on my knowledge.  
  • dreamcodedreamcode Posts: 165
    And it’s not even the 10th yet...
    And he still gives his love,
    he just gives it away...
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Well at least we know 9/11/98 will never be a Vault

• disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Wait, I know I've heard 9/11/98 on their satellite channel. That date sticks out when it pops up on the display.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Wait, I know I've heard 9/11/98 on their satellite channel. That date sticks out when it pops up on the display.
    They probably got their version from me in 1998 in a cassette trade :lol:   Maxell XLII!
  • EnzedEnzed Posts: 486
    Haven't checked yet, but this is either the best joke aimed specifically at me, or AWESOME.\\Will go confirm it's the 2nd.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640
    mcgruff10 said:
    Mother fucker:

Why would they have been charged to record when they would have been using their own equipment and people. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• matt.wattmatt.watt Posts: 77
    What a great way to bring the christmas/holiday/annual single to a close! Still sad that it's ending.
    Exactly. 

Wow!  We can put a pin in the 2016/2017, 2018 controversy, finally!
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    These are so cool, to bad these are the end. Such a cool thing to have these each year. I guess very thing comes to an end at some point.
  • kaseylilykaseylily Posts: 259
    Anyone waiting with reading the DEEPs until the physical ones arrives? Or is it just me? 

THAT CRAYON SMELL.
    I'm waiting for the physical ones too.
    Way more fun than reading online IMO
    And I love getting stuff in the mail lol
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    Updated the complete MP3 collection to include these new singles...

https://wegotshit.blogspot.com/2015/10/complete-holiday-singles-collection.html
    For this we are eternally grateful
     🙌🏻😊🙌🏻😊🙌🏻
    Enjoy!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PD279656PD279656 Posts: 119
    What are the chances they sell these in the store for us morons who didn't set up auto renew?
  • Today is my birthday – don't tell my wife and kid, but these are the best part of the day. Wow, Wild Flowers and Hunted Down are both magical and haunting.
  • WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
    Awesome news! I can’t wait for the hard copy! 🤘🏼☺️