Options

I'm sorry but Gigaton is a major triumph!

124»

Comments

• Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,411
    This is classic PJ. There's no mistaking it.
    I put this down after listening just once as to not "kill" it as so many have said. 
    Put it back on today and can't stop listening. 
    This is what 55+ Pearl Jam should sound like. 
    I love this...
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,396

Apparently the jig is up 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440

Apparently the jig is up 
    WTF?! :rofl:
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,450
    JPPJ84 said:

Apparently the jig is up 
    WTF?! :rofl:
    WTF is right:

• Options
    otterotter Posts: 753
    Fuck yeah Gigaton!
     =) 
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • Options
    otterotter Posts: 753
    This record is so great!

headphones and a good vibe, with the volume full
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • Options
    densandensan Posts: 563
    it's brilliant. 
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • Options
    release00release00 Posts: 342
    Kids went to Grammy’s for the night. Got to blast Gigaton at 11 standing right in front of the speakers. Felt good! Real good. 
    "So much it dont show"
  • Options
    densandensan Posts: 563
    Had some problems that's why this is here. sorry. I do not want to preview, save, or post. I want to exit. crap.
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 761
    Man, I love Take The Long Way. Seems like a song from a band I used to listen ..... oh.

TAKE THE LONG WAY

Words: Matt Cameron
    Music: Matt Cameron

• Options
    yup.  dug it from the first spin and enjoying it more and more.
    Give way to nature ...
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,427
    You don't have to be sorry
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,920
    Can't get enough of Gigaton.
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    TRIUMPH is the word! I am loving Gigaton's unique feel, flow and overarching themes, but of course, there is PJ DNA throughout. I can see why the first impression of some would be that this is a departure in certain ways, but to me the opposite is true, and becomes truer with each listen. This album somehow feels like a natural progression to No Code, Yield, Binaural, Avocado and Into the Wild all at the same time! Comes then Goes, especially, feels like it has existed forever... or at least since the Pythagorean scale and perhaps as long as creatures had ears. ;)

Personally, t
    his feels like the most important album of my life so far, for many reasons which I won't bore you with. I wasn't sure they could make a record like this at this point... now I know better. Whether Gigaton will be my favorite 10 years from now, who knows? But this is PJ at their very best, full stop. I am just incredibly grateful for this music! Thank you!!
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,463
    TRIUMPH is the word! I am loving Gigaton's unique feel, flow and overarching themes, but of course, there is PJ DNA throughout. I can see why the first impression of some would be that this is a departure in certain ways, but to me the opposite is true, and becomes truer with each listen. This album somehow feels like a natural progression to No Code, Yield, Binaural, Avocado and Into the Wild all at the same time! Comes then Goes, especially, feels like it has existed forever... or at least since the Pythagorean scale and perhaps as long as creatures had ears. ;)

Personally, this feels like the most important album of my life so far, for many reasons which I won't bore you with. I wasn't sure they could make a record like this at this point... now I know better. Whether Gigaton will be my favorite 10 years from now, who knows? But this is PJ at their very best, full stop. I am just incredibly grateful for this music! Thank you!!
    Very nice post! I was thinking similarly after many listens. Although it's not a concept album it feels very cohesive with a great vibe much like No Code and Yield. I remember when Yield came out I initially thought: "This doesn't sound like Pearl Jam" but then realized it was the new progression of Pearl Jam and I loved it. Much like Yield Gigaton feels kind of like a rebirth of the band and I am loving it. I don't want to judge it in the grand scheme of things too early as it takes time to settle in to see if the songs will stand the test of time but I couldn't be more confident than I am right now about this band! 
  • Options
    I went into this album wanting two things: More McCready solos and more diverse soundscapes.  Gigaton hit the mark for me in that regard.  Almost song either has a killer solo (too many to name ) or unique sound (Alright, Retrograde).  This can be the new direction for Pearl Jam going forward as far as I'm concerned!!!
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Options
    AR288142AR288142 Posts: 20
    Love this album. Complete triumph. I also love that these guys put out such an amazing album 30 years on. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,907
    I am so into “alright” at the moment.  The song is so different, love the lyrics, love the music ; it is perfection.   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,463
    mcgruff10 said:
    I am so into “alright” at the moment.  The song is so different, love the lyrics, love the music ; it is perfection. 

Same here. Cool song and for as much as I try to not like Buckle Up, damn if it don't get stuck in my head throughout the day! 

• Options
    DalirockDalirock Posts: 69
    This album is great!!! stop WHINING !!!!