Options

Comes then Goes

124»

Comments

• Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 279
    Never really cared for this song in the context of the wider album - it feels overlong and slows the flow down to a crawl. But having listened to it in isolation a few times it has really struck me how good this song is - and how superb the lyrics are. I'd always thought it needed to lose a verse / chorus, but you can't lose any of these words... right up there with Ed's best. And yes very clearly about CC (and VC) to me.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Never really cared for this song in the context of the wider album - it feels overlong and slows the flow down to a crawl. But having listened to it in isolation a few times it has really struck me how good this song is - and how superb the lyrics are. I'd always thought it needed to lose a verse / chorus, but you can't lose any of these words... right up there with Ed's best. And yes very clearly about CC (and VC) to me.
    Glad you circled back and discovered more. I love how its placed on Gigaton honestly. It makes the record very well rounded. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    It  is an amazing song that has always struck an emotional chord with me when I listen to it. I wish they would have played it live, but with it seemingly being a very personal song, I can see why they might not. Maybe one day and hopefully at a show I am at. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    edited March 2023
    Trust your first instincts.  As a long time live song album completist, this is one song I am fine never hearing live.   Snooze fest to the max.  
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Trust your first instincts.  As a long time live song album completist, this is one song I am fine never hearing live.   Snooze fest to the max.  
    I think it‘d fit amazing into an Ed solo show. Love the song
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,968
    I love it too. 
    Heartfelt
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    edited March 2023
    Not going to argue the lyrics.  They are personal to Eddie.  Musically, the song does nothing for me.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    This has to be one of the saddest songs Ed’s ever written. I just love it!
  • Options
    best song on gigaton by a mile. almost a top 5 all time for me. definitely top 10. come back, light years, rvm always top 3. the rest moves around a bit depending on which way the wind is blowing. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    Hope it sees the light in ‘23

Encore 1 start 
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Hope it sees the light in ‘23

Encore 1 start 
    i'm passing on the tour...the UC has terrible acoustics and is likely the reason i'm almost deaf in one ear. if they play it there i'm gonna shit myself. 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,932
    If I had to guess, it'd be finally played somewhere outside where the song (and Ed) could breathe...

Noblesville?
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    Hope to hear it live in time. 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,431
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    edited April 2023
    Listening to it on my big sony headphones, it’s been a while… powerful song