Options

Where To Purchase Gigaton with Covid19?

2»

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    You want to get the virus with your album?

Just kidding....it is a good question.  Hopefully you can get it somewhere that will ship to you so you do not need to go out and interact with others to get it.

:lol:
    when i first saw the title i thought the same thing. Luckily my local record store is doing phone orders, plus i know the owner so that's good :smile:

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    zmoney2128zmoney2128 Chicago, IL Posts: 26
    A few months ago, I decided I would purchase mine from my local shop, Tone Deaf Records in Chicago. With the shut down, I'm glad I made the decision to support a small local business. They will deliver it to me on Friday (assuming they receive it) and look forward to helping them at a time they could use it.
  • Options
    Running down on Friday to get mine....
    Image result for pearl jam gas mask poster
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 335
    Concerning Amazon orders: It seems if you pre-order Gigaton, the MP3s will be available on release date.
    In the help section (searching for "AutoRip") it says: "After your order has been completed, the music from the comparable album will be added to your Amazon Music library in MP3 format."
    But it also says later on: "If you purchase an AutoRip-eligible CD or vinyl record as a pre-order, the MP3 version of the music on the album will typically be added to your Amazon Music Library on release day."
  • Options
    stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    edited March 2020
    Debating whether to buy this on vinyl or CD. I have every album on CD as that’s where we started off in the 90s and over the years I’ve picked up the first 6 albums reissued on vinyl. I want to keep the cd thing going but realistically I want to hear this on vinyl at home and streaming on the move. 
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 842
    LizJ said:
    Concerning Amazon orders: It seems if you pre-order Gigaton, the MP3s will be available on release date.
    In the help section (searching for "AutoRip") it says: "After your order has been completed, the music from the comparable album will be added to your Amazon Music library in MP3 format."
    But it also says later on: "If you purchase an AutoRip-eligible CD or vinyl record as a pre-order, the MP3 version of the music on the album will typically be added to your Amazon Music Library on release day."
    I wish this was available for Amazon Canada.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Looking like Target at 8am with a mask. 

Shows you how quickly life can change.  I’ve had March 27th scheduled as Vacation for two months now.  The plan was for us to pick up Gigaton early.  Drive around blasting it.  Get some lunch at a nice restaurant.   Now it’s parking by the Entertainment entrance.  Running in.  Paying as fast as i can.  Hand sanitizer...Etc. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    mikesbri said:
    LizJ said:
    I wish this was available for Amazon Canada.

Same here. So CD's & Vinyl orders won't be shipping out from Amazon, correct? I pre ordered a few music goodies online but haven't received an email from Amazon Canada about the delay. All other non music items have been shipped out.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    Looking like Target at 8am with a mask. 

Shows you how quickly life can change.  I’ve had March 27th scheduled as Vacation for two months now.  The plan was for us to pick up Gigaton early.  Drive around blasting it.  Get some lunch at a nice restaurant.   Now it’s parking by the Entertainment entrance.  Running in.  Paying as fast as i can.  Hand sanitizer...Etc. 

I have never bought a CD from Target. Do they carry the uncensored versions of CDs, or the clean versions like Walmart does? 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    uncensored at Target
  • Options
    Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498

Is there anywhere online you can buy the CD that will also give you downloadable mp3s instantly?  I don't care how long the CD takes to arrive, but I don't want to have to wait until it ships to access the mp3 files.

I know I could download the mp3s on iTunes and then buy the CD later, I'm just being cheap and wondering if there's a way to avoid buying the album twice.