Options

Where To Purchase Gigaton with Covid19?

joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
Just wondering outside of 10C and local indie shops,will Walmart or Target be carrying the album?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    You want to get the virus with your album?

Just kidding....it is a good question.  Hopefully you can get it somewhere that will ship to you so you do not need to go out and interact with others to get it.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,372
    iTunes the moment I can for me.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    I have a feeling most of us will be hearing the album for the first time via Spotify unless the 10c surprises us with an early arrival of our pre-orders
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    My locals are doing drive up purchases so i'll do that.  they'll need all the help they can get to make it through this.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225

That's one hell of a variant.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 404
    Cancelled my order with an online store and ordered at my local store. They are closed but will deliver it by mail. You have to support your local shops.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Target Pickup 
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,937
    Pre purchased a download but will go buy a physical copy if / when I get the chance. Schools and essential businesses remain open here in Australia,  I assume record stores are essential businesses!? Have a vinyl pre ordered through 10C too. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,474
    Target and Best Buy have it. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Package with LP etc.. will arrive from 10C pre-order... it will sit in garage long enough for virus to die on cardboard.. Meantime.. download MP3 or get Flac files from friends..... friends?? Hello????
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    Mine is coming via Amazon.
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    RhinoJamRhinoJam Raleighwood Posts: 593
    I had read the album was going to debut the night of the Apollo show at midnight on Sirius XM, I hope that is still happening with the postponement of the Spring tour!
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
    Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
    St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
    Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,960
    Poncier said:

Made me laugh.  And thats rare  atm
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,629
    Try a local record store first. 
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    CP218430 said:
    Mine is coming via Amazon.
    Unless you mean the download, Amazon has said they aren't accepting shipments of new music from labels. At least that is the last thing I heard.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Prepare for a lot more Store Closings unfortunately. I wouldn’t count on a record stores or Retail stores either with the way this disease is moving. Also, Best Buy stopped selling cds 2 years ago. 
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    What’s this cd thing you speak of? I heard a rumor about vinyl having a sibling that was popular and then disappeared years ago. But unlike vinyl who has resurrected its career, this cd you speak of can still be found at yard sales and thrift stores. Problem is that no one is looking for it. 

With that being said. Poorly might I add, if worst case happens I will be listening loudly to my Apple Music version until the sweet wax graces my home. Anything is better than nothing.  
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    edited March 2020
    Post edited by Lostpawn on
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    I pretty much figure the digital version will keep my satiated until the world returns to normal and physical copies can make their ways 'round.
  • Options
    Yeah I could care less for records. I love cds.Records take up too much room, they are a pain in the ass to put in the sleeves, can’t play them on the car, you can’t put toothpaste on them when they scratch etc.. pearljammr78 said:
    What’s this cd thing you speak of? I heard a rumor about vinyl having a sibling that was popular and then disappeared years ago. But unlike vinyl who has resurrected its career, this cd you speak of can still be found at yard sales and thrift stores. Problem is that no one is looking for it. 

With that being said. Poorly might I add, if worst case happens I will be listening loudly to my Apple Music version until the sweet wax graces my home. Anything is better than nothing.  

• Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 900
    Poncier said:

Well done!
  • Options
    CrewCrew Posts: 299
    Yeah I could care less for records. [...] can’t play them on the car..
    Sure you can; you just need a Chrysler:

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,710

being a guy with very uneducated ears an apple stream will work grand for me
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    Right now Amazon has my Gigaton arrival date as pending but the new Brian Fallon album also comes out Friday and is scheduled to be delivered then.  Odd that both are new releases but there’s no delay as of now for the Brian Fallon album. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Best Buy may have some LP's available
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    edited March 2020
    I thought Best Buy stopped selling music a few months ago, with Target not too far behind?

Just what I read, as I never go into that store myself.

Edit: I found an article that said they had a contract to sell vinyl until mid-2020, so just CDs were scrapped 2 years ago, with vinyl ending shortly.
    Post edited by disilluzion on
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,279

U.S. CD sales, 2019: 46.5 million units
    U.S. vinyl sales, 2019: 18.8 million units
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:

U.S. CD sales, 2019: 46.5 million units
    U.S. vinyl sales, 2019: 18.8 million units
    Wow. I would have thought the opposite for sure.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,279
    Relatively few people have turntables, and LPs cost more than CDs.  Habits have changed a lot, but most people would be surprised at how much some things haven't changed, especially if they're young and urban and generally interact with lots of other similarly situated people.  Here's another example: the most streamed song in the U.S. week was streamed 41 million times ("The Box" by Roddy Ricch); the number one song at radio had an audience of 100 million ("Don't Start Now" by Dua Lipa).  The radio audience is still much larger than the streaming audience.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    Local Taz Records location is shut down but their Halifax location is still running but very limited. I have an order from 10club. My girl has a order from Amazon. Doubt any vinyl copies will arrive by this Friday.

If Gigaton is available for purchase in 24Bit Flac on Friday, I'll be purchasing that digital down from either 10club or HDtracks.