Options

Binge Watching Suggestions While Under Quarantine

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'm rewatching Seasons 1 and 2 of Ozark before I dive into the new season that came out today.
    I just did that with season 2. Ready and rarin’ to go!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    PJ_Soul said:
    Why not some movie marathons?
    I am sure this is not what you had in mind, but I for one, am planning on going through the entire Fast and the Furious franchise 
    I am a big fan of the Rocky franchise.  Although I still need to see Creed II.
    I have the Rocky boxset on DVD, from Rocky to Rocky V. I am certain to pull that out in the coming weeks, and will stream the Creed movies. Looking forward to it!
    Why wouldn't you watch Rocky Balboa which is the best one since the first one? Sylvester Stallone should have gotten his oscar nomination for that one instead of Creed.

Actually he should just stop at Rocky IV. Rocky V and Rocky Balboa don't even exist. They're figments of your imagination. 
    I agree about 5, but I like Rocky Balboa. I just forgot to list it. I will watch that one too. I meant all the Rocky movies! (Gotta suffer through Rocky V just for continuity's sake).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I am sure this is not what you had in mind, but I for one, am planning on going through the entire Fast and the Furious franchise 
    I have the Rocky boxset on DVD, from Rocky to Rocky V. I am certain to pull that out in the coming weeks, and will stream the Creed movies. Looking forward to it!
    Why wouldn't you watch Rocky Balboa which is the best one since the first one? Sylvester Stallone should have gotten his oscar nomination for that one instead of Creed.

Actually he should just stop at Rocky IV. Rocky V and Rocky Balboa don't even exist. They're figments of your imagination. 
    I agree about 5, but I like Rocky Balboa. I just forgot to list it. I will watch that one too. I meant all the Rocky movies! (Gotta suffer through Rocky V just for continuity's sake).
    You don’t have to watch it...but if you choose to...take solace in that the fight on the street at the end against Tommy Gunn is sorta fun. If you can last that long. 

“Balboa” isn’t that bad. Really THAT could’ve been the plot to Rocky 5: a retired Rocky making a comeback. Another nice thing about that movie is how they shoot the fight with Mason Dixon as if it’s an HBO broadcast. Nice touch. 

I’ve always said that Rocky 5 and Rocky Balboa are basically Pink Floyd’s Momentary Lapse and Division Bell albums. Sure there’s some good moments (High Hopes on Division Bell, the look of the Mason Dixon bout in Balboa). But for all intents and purposes, for me, the “cannon” of the Rocky saga ends with Rocky 4, and the “cannon” of the Pink Floyd catalog ends with The Final Cut. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

You don’t have to watch it...but if you choose to...take solace in that the fight on the street at the end against Tommy Gunn is sorta fun. If you can last that long. 

“Balboa” isn’t that bad. Really THAT could’ve been the plot to Rocky 5: a retired Rocky making a comeback. Another nice thing about that movie is how they shoot the fight with Mason Dixon as if it’s an HBO broadcast. Nice touch. 

I’ve always said that Rocky 5 and Rocky Balboa are basically Pink Floyd’s Momentary Lapse and Division Bell albums. Sure there’s some good moments (High Hopes on Division Bell, the look of the Mason Dixon bout in Balboa). But for all intents and purposes, for me, the “cannon” of the Rocky saga ends with Rocky 4, and the “cannon” of the Pink Floyd catalog ends with The Final Cut. 
    My favorite training scene is in Rocky IV.  Seeing him climb the mountain and then yell “DRAGO!!!!”  Is one of my favorite clips of the franchise.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

My favorite training scene is in Rocky IV.  Seeing him climb the mountain and then yell “DRAGO!!!!”  Is one of my favorite clips of the franchise.
    4 is amazing, and all those Russian scenes, including the mountain training, were filmed in and around my city. My dad is even in the movie, as a member of the Russian crowd at the arena!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,880
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

4 is amazing, and all those Russian scenes, including the mountain training, were filmed in and around my city. My dad is even in the movie, as a member of the Russian crowd at the arena!
    that's pretty awesome!  Did you see Creed II? that was pretty good

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    We're halfway through the McMillions miniseries documentary.  I honestly had no idea this shit was going on.  It's almost something out of a Scorsese film.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919
    Currently streaming Battlestar Galactica (2005).  Started with the two-part miniseries (2003). 
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,105
    Currently binging Arrested Development. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Finished Star trek Discovery S2.
    A bit sappy at points but I loved it.  Bummed that there are no more episodes to watch.

Moving on to Picard.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    dankind said:
    Watchmen was one of the best things I’ve ever seen on television, and someone in the Watchmen thread mentioned that The Leftovers is the same showrunner; it also has Regina King in the cast. 

I think I watched the first two episodes, thought they were good, but just had too much going on to commit to it. 

The premise seems apropos for where we could be several months from now. 

I think right now would be a very weird time to watch The Leftovers don't get me wrong I consider it to be in the top 3 of all time shows that have ever been on . I know some did not like the first season but I loved all of it and it gets better and better and better all the way to the finale - something that cannot be said of most shows.

Again though right now with everything going on I would wait , its just so grim , if you like Damien L ( showrunner for Watchmen and Leftovers )

He also did Lost ( not sure how it would hold up know but god damn I loved that show when it was on , even the last season that a lot of people seem to have issues with )

He did the movie Prometheus as well and if you are into Sci-Fi I would check it out great film.

• Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    Oh man I just started Snowfall Monday nite and almost done with season 2, been wanting to start it for a while now, so glad I finally did
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,283
    Finished Ozark.

Should I rewatch The Wire?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    Finished Ozark.

No . watch Snowfall, kinda like Wire
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    Finished Ozark.

Yes, definitely. Never pass up that opportunity.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,546
    Finished Ozark.

You should never feel you have to ask
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Just about done with Season 2 of Ozark.  It is not disappointing and I'm hopeful Season 3 keeps delivering.  Awesome show.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Just about done with Season 2 of Ozark.  It is not disappointing and I'm hopeful Season 3 keeps delivering.  Awesome show.
    I am on episode 3, season 2 of my re-watch.  So many things I am picking up on the second time around.  I can't wait to get into season 3.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,283
    Finished Ozark.

You should never feel you have to ask
    Thank you @Bentleyspop (I always see Bentley's poop, sorry) and @tbergs

So it is said and so it shall be done. Mr. and Mrs. Juggler will commence with The Wire once again. 

Thank you so much for your encouragement!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Started Tiger King this morning finally 
  • Options
    Finished Altered Carbon this past week.  Season one was amazing, season two was just okay.  It was lacking the “noir-ish” mood and the humour of the first season.

Binged all of UnOrthodox on Netflix this evening.  It was fantastic.  It was both sad and hopeful. 

Am currently alternating between Ozark and Battlestar Galactica.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    Finally started watching Vikings yesterday, starting season 2 today at some point
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Finished Altered Carbon this past week.  Season one was amazing, season two was just okay.  It was lacking the “noir-ish” mood and the humour of the first season.

Binged all of UnOrthodox on Netflix this evening.  It was fantastic.  It was both sad and hopeful. 

I loved both seasons of AC but agree, I liked the first one better (plus I’m a big fan of Kinnaman). 

Gotta finish Ozark, then Unorthodox!  Looked really interesting. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:

I loved both seasons of AC but agree, I liked the first one better (plus I’m a big fan of Kinnaman). 

Gotta finish Ozark, then Unorthodox!  Looked really interesting. 
    Unorthodox was really good.  If you like the lead actress you can also watch her in Shtisel Which is also on Netflix and is in a similar vein, I.e. an ultra orthodox family in Jerusalem.

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,881
    I highly recommend the show Better Things on FX. I love everything Pamela Adlon is in.
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    Someone explain the appeal of Ozark to me.  I hear it compared to Breaking Bad and other great shows, but I've tried twice and I can't get past the 1st episode.  For examples of my favorite shows ever:  Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul, 6 Feet Under, Sopranos, Mad Men, Walking Dead (early seasons).  I want another show to love, and sounds like people really love Ozark, I just can't get into it.  Does it start slow or is it just me?  Crazy thing is I love Jason Bateman too.  :(
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Someone explain the appeal of Ozark to me.  I hear it compared to Breaking Bad and other great shows, but I've tried twice and I can't get past the 1st episode.  For examples of my favorite shows ever:  Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul, 6 Feet Under, Sopranos, Mad Men, Walking Dead (early seasons).  I want another show to love, and sounds like people really love Ozark, I just can't get into it.  Does it start slow or is it just me?  Crazy thing is I love Jason Bateman too.  :(
    You're not alone.
  • Options
    Netflix went out on me just as I started the second to last ep of Ozark :angry:

Love this show!  By the way, The Sops and SFU are two of my favorites as well. 
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    You're not alone.
    Breaking Bad and BCS took multiple episodes of the first seasons for them to get going for me. The Wire I think is better than both of them, and that took 4-5 episodes of the first season  to click for me. I think Ozark took about that long as well.  It might not be fore you, or you may just have to plow through the first couple and see what you think. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    New season of Bosch on Prime Friday. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...