Binge Watching Suggestions While Under Quarantine

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,506
    Killing Eve
    Strike Back
    Wynonna Earp
    The Expanse

Currently bingeing The OA and really enjoying it.
    Killing Eve it's so good!
    The Sinner   3 seasons
    Battlestar Galactica   4 seasons, best Sci-fi ever!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    I've heard great things about Killing Eve.  I keep forgetting about it.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919
    edited March 2020
    23scidoo said:
    Killing Eve
    Strike Back
    Wynonna Earp
    The Expanse

Currently bingeing The OA and really enjoying it.
    Killing Eve it's so good!
    The Sinner   3 seasons
    Battlestar Galactica   4 seasons, best Sci-fi ever!!!!
    After I finish up season three of Babylon Berlin I plan on watching Battlestar.  I’ve heard nothing but great things about it and unfortunately missed it during its original run.  Also have Altered Carbon in my list.
    Post edited by Fifthelement on
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    I’ve had Altered Carbon on my list to start for a while
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    This season of Altered Carbon has been badass so far. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,018
    edited March 2020
    From tomorrow I will watch one movie every night at 23:00. I need to get back into watching stuffm instead of lying in my bed listeing to podcatss,

Will start with AKIRA (which I have never seen)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    PJ_Soul said:
    Why not some movie marathons?
    I am sure this is not what you had in mind, but I for one, am planning on going through the entire Fast and the Furious franchise 
    I am a big fan of the Rocky franchise.  Although I still need to see Creed II.
    I have the Rocky boxset on DVD, from Rocky to Rocky V. I am certain to pull that out in the coming weeks, and will stream the Creed movies. Looking forward to it!
    Why wouldn't you watch Rocky Balboa which is the best one since the first one? Sylvester Stallone should have gotten his oscar nomination for that one instead of Creed.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited March 2020
    PJ_Soul said:
    I am sure this is not what you had in mind, but I for one, am planning on going through the entire Fast and the Furious franchise 
    I have the Rocky boxset on DVD, from Rocky to Rocky V. I am certain to pull that out in the coming weeks, and will stream the Creed movies. Looking forward to it!
    Why wouldn't you watch Rocky Balboa which is the best one since the first one? Sylvester Stallone should have gotten his oscar nomination for that one instead of Creed.

Actually he should just stop at Rocky IV. Rocky V and Rocky Balboa don't even exist. They're figments of your imagination. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    As for a suggestion, I loved "Greatest Events of World War II " on Netflix. Amazing footage and in-depth analysis of all the major battles. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Actually he should just stop at Rocky IV. Rocky V and Rocky Balboa don't even exist. They're figments of your imagination. 
    IF I CAN CHANGE!  AND YOU CAN CHANGE!  EVERYBODY CAN CHANGE!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

IF I CAN CHANGE!  AND YOU CAN CHANGE!  EVERYBODY CAN CHANGE!
    lol, I once used that quote in a college paper I had to write about the Cold War. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Lol.

ALl you need is 

ROCKY
    ROCKY II
    ROCKY BALBOA

Great trilogy
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Cutting our Clubber Lang/Mr T is egregious
    I pity the fool!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Image result for clubber lang dead meat
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Right now feels like an appropriate time to take another stab at The Leftovers.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,767
    dankind said:
    Right now feels like an appropriate time to take another stab at The Leftovers.
    My unsolicited opinion: don't 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I wanted to like that show....but I fell out.
  • Options
    I loved that show, and was thinking about the weirdness of it all...plus that (unintentionally funny?) clip of the various well-knowns who left.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Watchmen was one of the best things I’ve ever seen on television, and someone in the Watchmen thread mentioned that The Leftovers is the same showrunner; it also has Regina King in the cast. 

I think I watched the first two episodes, thought they were good, but just had too much going on to commit to it. 

The premise seems apropos for where we could be several months from now. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Gah, Ms. King :heart:
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    dankind said:
    Watchmen was one of the best things I’ve ever seen on television, and someone in the Watchmen thread mentioned that The Leftovers is the same showrunner; it also has Regina King in the cast. 

I think I watched the first two episodes, thought they were good, but just had too much going on to commit to it. 

The premise seems apropos for where we could be several months from now. 

Regina King comes in for season 2.  It's some really dark, trippy shit with this show.  Season 1 is one of my favorite single seasons of TV ever.  Highly recommended.

Watchmen has been on my list for awhile.  Just finished Hunters on Amazon last night so will prob get started on Watchmen tonight.
  • Options
    A few episodes left on Hunters.  What an interesting/funny ass show.
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    seven worlds, one planet.
    (if you liked planet earth)
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Another fun and fairly short binge, Party Down.  It's on Hulu to stream.
  • Options
    Tried Succession and fell asleep about 10 minutes in. 

Then I checked out The End of the Fucking World. I almost turned that off after the animal cruelty, but stuck with it for two episodes. Not bad. It tries a little too hard—there’s zero nuance—but the editing is fun. If there’s anymore animal cruelty, though, I’m done. I don’t care if the rich white boy kills the rich white girl, but if he kills another cat, fuck this show. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

Then I checked out The End of the Fucking World. I almost turned that off after the animal cruelty, but stuck with it for two episodes. Not bad. It tries a little too hard—there’s zero nuance—but the editing is fun. If there’s anymore animal cruelty, though, I’m done. I don’t care if the rich white boy kills the rich white girl, but if he kills another cat, fuck this show. 
    My sister recommended The Tiger King. A few minutes in they showed this asshole with a snow leopard in the back of his hot van in Florida. I was done. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:

My sister recommended The Tiger King. A few minutes in they showed this asshole with a snow leopard in the back of his hot van in Florida. I was done. 
    When I started watching the trailer, I thought it was a mockumentary starring a "Danny McBride" type.  When I realized it was real, I lost all interest.

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:

When I started watching the trailer, I thought it was a mockumentary starring a "Danny McBride" type.  When I realized it was real, I lost all interest.

I watched it last night. It's out there.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I just realized I made a generalization similar to this.

• Options
    I'm rewatching Seasons 1 and 2 of Ozark before I dive into the new season that came out today.