Options

Selling Canadian Tickets from US

Comments

• Options
    Fan to Fan is back up for Ottawa!  
  • Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    Hey i live in the U.S. and I want to sell my Canada Toronto ticket.  I get through all the way to payment method but there is no submit listing for me.  does this mean I can't sell my ticket.  I want to get refunded through my CC card 
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    MR242791 said:
    Hey i live in the U.S. and I want to sell my Canada Toronto ticket.  I get through all the way to payment method but there is no submit listing for me.  does this mean I can't sell my ticket.  I want to get refunded through my CC card 
    Thats what happened to me, even though I put my card info or bank account info it nothing to submit will pop up. TM rep told basically I'm SOL need a Canadian bank account and that purchases were final. 
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,896
    So it's not going to be as easy as just depositing the money back onto the card you used?  Do I really have to figure out a way to open a Canadian bank account?  
  • Options
    @CantKeepmedown unfortunately that's I am trying to do. Trying to see if anyone else has better solutions or would want to buy the tickets and walk in with me but I'm trying to open an account just I don't know if I'm even able to.
  • Options
    Ugh, I'm not even going to be in Canada to walk in with someone. Have to see if I have any friends in Canada that will let me use their bank info, haha.  What a pain in the ass
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Mgould55 said:
    MR242791 said:
    Thats what happened to me, even though I put my card info or bank account info it nothing to submit will pop up. TM rep told basically I'm SOL need a Canadian bank account and that purchases were final. 
    oh no you right.  this is terrible
    Post edited by MR242791 on
    38 concerts and counting
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,507
    Any US seller trying to list Toronto GAs? Send me a PM.

Thank you.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,680
    Send me PM if anyone has Hamilton to unload
  • Options
    MR242791 said:
    Mgould55 said:
    MR242791 said:
    no i was able to sell.  i just need a debit card to get my refund and a credit card to refund the buyer in case the show is cancelled or rescheduled. 
    Thanks! That makes me feel a little bit better.  
  • Options
    MR242791 said:
    Mgould55 said:
    MR242791 said:
    no i was able to sell.  i just need a debit card to get my refund and a credit card to refund the buyer in case the show is cancelled or rescheduled. 
    No sorry i was wrong.  i edited my response.  i wasn't able to sell.  i thought it went through it didn't.  i might have to go to Canada now
    ugh :s
    38 concerts and counting
  • Options
    MR242791 said:
    MR242791 said:
    Mgould55 said:
    MR242791 said:
    No sorry i was wrong.  i edited my response.  i wasn't able to sell.  i thought it went through it didn't.  i might have to go to Canada now
    God damn, now I'm in a bad mood again  
  • Options
    MR242791 said:
    MR242791 said:
    Mgould55 said:
    MR242791 said:
    God damn, now I'm in a bad mood again  
    sorry.  I read TD bank is a canadian bank and its easy to open up duel accounts with them
    38 concerts and counting
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,442
    Can US Citizens still buy canadian tickets on F2F?  Or does the whole transaction need to be Canada to Canada, eh?
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 205
    I just bought two for Ottawa and I live in NY......I have 2 to sell now though, so I need to figure out how to do that
  • Options
    Is it possible to open an online Canadian bank account? Perhaps that would work? 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,442
    NDJeff7 said:
    I just bought two for Ottawa and I live in NY......I have 2 to sell now though, so I need to figure out how to do that
    Cool.  
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    kid canadakid canada Toronto Posts: 440
    Spoke to someone at Ticketmaster who said that you cannot sell tickets to a show in the US without a US bank account. I have this problem as well. You can use any credit card to -buy- tickets, but they will only deposit into a US account if the show is in the US. I can't sell a pair of Nashville tickets for this reason.
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • Options
    I understand reading fine print and all, but you'd think this would be something they might highlight.  I need to take responsibility for this, but damn.  At least we have 5 weeks or so to figure it out.   
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    I understand reading fine print and all, but you'd think this would be something they might highlight.  I need to take responsibility for this, but damn.  At least we have 5 weeks or so to figure it out.   
    You would have not known this when the 10C/VF/Public sale was going on though as far as I remember so nothing really would have changed for me at least. 
  • Options
    Anybody trying opening up a Canadian account from the US?
  • Options
    Mgould55 said:
    Anybody trying opening up a Canadian account from the US?
    I'm on hold with TD bank to see if its possible. lol
    38 concerts and counting
  • Options
    @MR242791 Let me know how that goes
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Mgould55 said:
    they said no.  but i tried fan to fan again and used my checking account for refund and my credit card for refund to buyer and my ticket was sold.  i hope i get my refund :o

If i don't get my refund i really hope someone here was able to purchase my ticket and they have a great time =)
    Post edited by MR242791 on
    38 concerts and counting
  • Options
    MR242791 said:
    Mgould55 said:
    they said no.  but i tried fan to fan again and used my checking account for refund and my credit card for refund to buyer and my ticket was sold.  i hope i get my refund :o
    Jesus, what a saga.  Keep us updated!  My next step is to hit up my wife's friends' family to see if they'll do it for me LOL
  • Options
    MR242791 said:
    Mgould55 said:
    Jesus, what a saga.  Keep us updated!  My next step is to hit up my wife's friends' family to see if they'll do it for me LOL
    okay I will let you know.  I already received the email confirmation but who know's TM is really shady
    38 concerts and counting
  • Options
    MR242791 said:
    Mgould55 said:

If i don't get my refund i really hope someone here was able to purchase my ticket and they have a great time =)
    Your bank is a US bank? I tried with my checking account for a refund but no luck in getting them listed.
  • Options
    BasilgBasilg Killingworth, CT Posts: 76
    I have 2 for Ottawa side-stage, section 319/row B on the aisle AND have a Lot #1 parking pass AND a TD Bank Account.  They took my Amex pretty fast but to sell at face value they won't consider the parking pass(if anyone needs it I can see if I can get a hard copy) and tried debit, checking and savings accounts--all do not work. Any workarounds, I'm all ears.   
  • Options
    Mgould55 said:
    MR242791 said:
    Mgould55 said:

Your bank is a US bank? I tried with my checking account for a refund but no luck in getting them listed.
    I have a chase account.  chase is world wide.  i don't understand this TM rule.  i got an email saying it was sold but the email also said my account needs to be verified.  hopefully they let the sale go through so whoever got it could have fun at the concert.  i would like my money back but whatever.  im tired of all this bologna.  why do they make this selling and re selling so difficult. 
    38 concerts and counting