Options

Selling Canadian Tickets from US

So I have tickets to Ottawa, driving up from US, and decided to use Fan to Fan to buy better seats. Found better seats this morning and went to sell my old seats and I was not able to put a debit card or bank account info in for payment because my info is US based. TicketMaster chat told me that I can only use Canadian debit card or account, has anyone had experience with this?

Comments

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,807
    Did you the App or website ? 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    Did you the App or website ? 
    Tried on both, on website chat they told I need Canadian account
  • Options
    When I went through the website I had the options of 
    1) American chequeing 
    2) American savings 
    3) Canadian chequeing
    4) Canadian savings 

1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Yup same here so that's why I didn't think it would be a problem. When I put info in it would just give me an error
  • Options
    chipvittchipvitt pittsfield, ma Posts: 15
    Mgould55 said:
    So I have tickets to Ottawa, driving up from US, and decided to use Fan to Fan to buy better seats. Found better seats this morning and went to sell my old seats and I was not able to put a debit card or bank account info in for payment because my info is US based. TicketMaster chat told me that I can only use Canadian debit card or account, has anyone had experience with this?
    I had the same experience.  I chatted with TM rep and he said the only way to receive payment is to have a Canadian bank account.  Would have been nice had they included this info in the explanation of how easy it is to resell your tickets!!
    Nov 5 '91Troy NY
    Aug 4 '92 Saratoga
    Aug 19 '93 Montreal
    Oct 1 '96 Buffalo
    Oct 2 '96 Hartford
    Aug 20 '98 Montreal
    Sep 13 '98 Hartford
    Sep 16 '98 Mansfield
    Aug 27 '00 Saratoga
    Jun 29 '03 Montreal
    May 13 '06 Hartford
    May 5 '10 Hartford
    EV solo Jun 18 '11 Hartford
    Oct 19 '13 Brooklyn
    Oct 25 '13 Hartford
    May 2 '16 NYC
    Aug 7 '16 Boston
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,852
    edited February 2020
    chipvitt said:
    Mgould55 said:
    I had the same experience.  I chatted with TM rep and he said the only way to receive payment is to have a Canadian bank account.  Would have been nice had they included this info in the explanation of how easy it is to resell your tickets!!
    Ya a huge omission on their part imo. What are all of the people supposed to do just eat the tickets? 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,955
    edited February 2020
    PJNB said:
    chipvitt said:
    Mgould55 said:
    Ya a huge omission on their part imo. What are all of the people supposed to do just eat the tickets? 
    Inexcusable in my opinion. They have had plenty of time to figure this out and they knew there were Canadian shows. The great white north deserves better!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    chipvitt said:
    Mgould55 said:
    Inexcusable in my opinion. They have had plenty of time to figure this out and they knew there were Canadian shows. The great white north deserves better!
    It goes both ways right now. Americans not making the trip can't sell either. This is quiet the oversight. 
  • Options
    chipvitt said:
    Mgould55 said:
    Is there a possible way to set up a Canadian Bank account to get the money back? I feel like this should've been prompted if you were buying Canadian tickets from a US address
  • Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    what is this for real?  why can't the money just go back to our credit cards?  why do americans need a canadian bank account.  it makes no sense.
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    guitar101guitar101 Sutton, ON Posts: 397
    Fan-to-fan has been disabled on all Canadian shows now.  I wonder if they are addressing this.
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • Options
    Mgould55 said:
    chipvitt said:
    Mgould55 said:
    Is there a possible way to set up a Canadian Bank account to get the money back? I feel like this should've been prompted if you were buying Canadian tickets from a US address
    I looked into opening a Canadian TD Bank account since there are branches in Canada and one local to me. It said that you need to be of age in your province or territory of residence.
  • Options
    guitar101 said:
    Fan-to-fan has been disabled on all Canadian shows now.  I wonder if they are addressing this.
    Maybe but it affects the US as well since I can not sell there. I heard someone got payed minus the fees on Facebook for an Ottawa sale. Maybe that had something to do with it.
  • Options
    jmbethony said:
    Mgould55 said:
    chipvitt said:
    Mgould55 said:
    I looked into opening a Canadian TD Bank account since there are branches in Canada and one local to me. It said that you need to be of age in your province or territory of residence.
    Saw that too. I tried to open a BMO account and in the process of verifying it. Regardless its a pain and I don't understand why there was no warning. I feel as if there has to be some way to get the tickets listed.
  • Options
    jmbethony said:
    Funny thing is I remember reading this before quickly and must have skimmed over that very important detail. 
  • Options
    I'm glad my dad has a Canadian bank account
  • Options
    I'm having trouble selling my canada ticket.  my sell button is off and ticket master is saying they can't turn it on and i must sell my ticket to a 3rd party.
    38 concerts and counting
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    MR242791 said:
    I'm having trouble selling my canada ticket.  my sell button is off and ticket master is saying they can't turn it on and i must sell my ticket to a 3rd party.
    Fan to Fan is shut off at the moment on Canadian shows. Fixing some glitches / mistakes 
  • Options
    euchrid said:
    MR242791 said:
    Fan to Fan is shut off at the moment on Canadian shows. Fixing some glitches / mistakes 
    yeah, just noticed it is turned off on my TO tickets, still active on my STL tickets
  • Options
    okay thanks. 
    38 concerts and counting
  • Options
    jmbethony said:
    Mgould55 said:
    chipvitt said:
    Mgould55 said:
    There are TD branches in Canada because that is where it started.  TD stands for Toronto-Dominion.

Good luck in your quest to sell your tix!

It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,925
    Ooof, let's hope they get this straightened out.  There's no reason why they can't just re-deposit the money back onto the card you used to purchase the tickets.  
  • Options
    I'm looking for 1 ticket for the Ottawa show. I'm hoping that they get the Fan to Fan back up and running and allow for people in the US to post their tickets.  I'd love to score a seat for this show (not behind the stage). This has become a mess! 
  • Options
    jmbethony said:
    Mgould55 said:
    chipvitt said:
    Mgould55 said:
    There are TD branches in Canada because that is where it started.  TD stands for Toronto-Dominion.

Good luck in your quest to sell your tix!

Much like Tim Hortons, TD has infiltrated Maine.
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    I'm looking for 1 ticket for the Ottawa show. I'm hoping that they get the Fan to Fan back up and running and allow for people in the US to post their tickets.  I'd love to score a seat for this show (not behind the stage). This has become a mess! 

I just listed my Ottawa tickets
  • Options

I just listed my Ottawa ticketsGonzo1977 said:

Ugh! I wasn't fast enough!  Thanks for the heads up, though! 
  • Options
    jmbethony said:
    Well crap, there it is 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 said:

I got 1!!!! Thanks!!   I think there is still 1 left in sec 328.