Question about selling tickets and "walking in together".

2»

Comments

• hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    If I was setting up a meet up beforehand, and I was the one with the tickets, I would only deal with people here with decent post counts, and want to swap cell #'s and hope that they actually show up at a scheduled time. I wouldn't do any money exchanges ahead of time. If I was the ISO, I'd request the seller use the same steps I suggested, but if they wanted a deposit, I'd mail them a certified check for 50% as a hold ahead of time. At least there would be a paper trail of a money exchange if something went sour.
  • rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    Now that tickets are 100% digital I'd say cash at venue after entering
  • LYacky said:
    It's kinda disappointing that you can't legally transfer your tiks through the Fan 2 Fan Exchange between someone of your own choosing. I mean seriously, if you have a friend or family member who wants to purchase your tik(s) from you at face value or, God forbid you want to gift someone with your tik you should be able to do so in the exchange without hassle or penalty. Tik holders should be able to trade their tiks with other tik holders if they want to switch seats etc. I mean really, what's the big deal there? Nobody is profiting from it and it's a private transaction between the two parties. 🤷‍♀️
    Ticket transfer you're talking about IS WHAT THEY'VE PREVENTED this tour... you used to do this and NOTHING stopped people from asking whatever they wanted. Your post is just asking for the old system back..... some asked for face value, some didn't. 
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,271
    Funny you mention that.  I've been a member for years and have always used my tickets for myself, family, or friends.  Never sold any.  But may have to sell 2 tickets to a show this time, not looking to rape anyone, but I've invested money for the last 20+ years on the 10c and would to finally reap something from it.  Always willing to help a fellow 10c member, especially one that got screwed with the new lottery system.
    @kat @sea time to boot him/her out 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,902
    I had an interesting experience during the 2016 Toronto shows. I lost out on the lottery for the first show and wasn’t around to attempt for the second show. A fellow fan pointed me in the direction of a Porch member offering to sell a GA ticket for the first show *only* if his upper bowl nosebleed ticket for the second show was also purchased. My plan was simple: pay face value for both and sell the second show nosebleed for half price - taking the loss was the cost of obtaining the GA. I agreed to meet the seller at the venue at a specific time but was made to wait over 90 minutes - the seller explaining he decided to walk from the hotel and explore the city. I handed over the cash for both tickets but only received the GA. I figured if the seller wanted to hold the ticket hostage at that point I was just fed up with being made to wait. The next afternoon the same story, agreed to meet at a specific time but was still made to wait over 90 minutes. As it turned out another Porch member who had been travelling the entire leg of the tour agreed to meet and purchase the nosebleed for half price so he was waiting with me. When the seller walked up late I explained the situation - that I wasn’t using the nosebleed but introduced him to the buyer who I explained paid half price and I took the hit. Seller seemed taken aback for some strange reason but grudgingly handed over the ticket. Fast foreword to the show and the seller began sending threatening, violent, homophobic texts attacking me for “scheming” and “screwing him over for the GA.” The vast majority of trade partners here are excellent but a few bad eggs ruin it for the rest of us. Just do your homework and you’ll be fine.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Horse2345 said:
    Funny you mention that.  I've been a member for years and have always used my tickets for myself, family, or friends.  Never sold any.  But may have to sell 2 tickets to a show this time, not looking to rape anyone, but I've invested money for the last 20+ years on the 10c and would to finally reap something from it.  Always willing to help a fellow 10c member, especially one that got screwed with the new lottery system.
    he hasn't done anything yet...hasn't sold any tickets 
  • Horse2345 said:
    Just asking for above face value on here is a big no-no. 
  • Worked out a trade for MSG and Balt extra tickets where we will go in together at each of the shows - or, if I can send them the MSG ones after we do the Balt together that will be even easier, since I think I can transfer MSG.
    I guess I could end up in Baltimore w/o tickets but since they seem cool and the MSG show, which I have tickets for them for, is after, I feel totally comfortable heading down to Baltimore.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Horse2345 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    No, but someone who doesn't realize that posting on someone's wall posts it to activity. Someone doesn't care. Someone is messaging about them. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Easy everyone, I haven't done anything, it was just an idea. Relax.  I've been a member since the early 90s and have always done the right thing. I'm not out here to make money off of these as people are assuming. I'm talking maybe a few drinks and dinner as a concellation for hooking someone up.  Just like a friend would do if you hooked them up because you helped them out.

• LYacky said:
    LYacky said:
    It's kinda disappointing that you can't legally transfer your tiks through the Fan 2 Fan Exchange between someone of your own choosing. I mean seriously, if you have a friend or family member who wants to purchase your tik(s) from you at face value or, God forbid you want to gift someone with your tik you should be able to do so in the exchange without hassle or penalty. Tik holders should be able to trade their tiks with other tik holders if they want to switch seats etc. I mean really, what's the big deal there? Nobody is profiting from it and it's a private transaction between the two parties. 🤷‍♀️
    Well, because people could easily profit from it. If you can pick who to send the tickets to, you just made a scalper's life a whole lot easier for every show.
    I'm talking about a sale or a tik swap through the Fan 2 Fan Exchange so nobody can profit from it. You'd be selling that tik to your friend or family member through the exchange for the original tik price, nothing more. As for a direct tik swap (my seats for your seat or my date for your date) you'd literally be just transferring the tiks from one person to the other through the Fan 2 Fan system with no money exchanged. Anyways it's just a thought. 
    I know what you mean but if you think beyond your own innocent intent, it would be very easy for a scalper to exploit such a system and get paid extra via Venmo or whatever to direct tickets towards a specific person.
  • PJNB said:
    LYacky said:
    LYacky said:
    Well, because people could easily profit from it. If you can pick who to send the tickets to, you just made a scalper's life a whole lot easier for every show.
    I'm talking about a sale or a tik swap through the Fan 2 Fan Exchange so nobody can profit from it. You'd be selling that tik to your friend or family member through the exchange for the original tik price, nothing more. As for a direct tik swap (my seats for your seat or my date for your date) you'd literally be just transferring the tiks from one person to the other through the Fan 2 Fan system with no money exchanged. Anyways it's just a thought. 
    There would still be side deals though forcing you to pay extra to get access to those tickets from scalpers. Of course being able to transfer to a family or friend would be great but it would be easily abused. Also would you not trust your family member with your TM account? I would. 
    I dunno man, I have some pretty scummy cousins. And a weird uncle or two.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    Easy everyone, I haven't done anything, it was just an idea. Relax.  I've been a member since the early 90s and have always done the right thing. I'm not out here to make money off of these as people are assuming. I'm talking maybe a few drinks and dinner as a concellation for hooking someone up.  Just like a friend would do if you hooked them up because you helped them out.

"I'm not out here to make money just a hundred bucks or so in drinks and dinner on top of the cost of the tickets"
  • Easy everyone, I haven't done anything, it was just an idea. Relax.  I've been a member since the early 90s and have always done the right thing. I'm not out here to make money off of these as people are assuming. I'm talking maybe a few drinks and dinner as a concellation for hooking someone up.  Just like a friend would do if you hooked them up because you helped them out.

The admins have made it clear, anything other than straight face value cash for tickets is not ok. No merch, no other side extras. 
  • Well this went sideways really fast. To make this perfectly clear, I was talking a few drinks and chicken fingers, some face to face talk with a real Pearl Jam fan. I wasn't asking for a steak dinner at the capital grille or anything. At this point I'm willing to just give them to friends who probably don't know more than 5 songs. I understand a lot of people got screwed by the system and I was trying to help someone out. But with the backlash, I'm done trying. 

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    Well this went sideways really fast. To make this perfectly clear, I was talking a few drinks and chicken fingers, some face to face talk with a real Pearl Jam fan. I wasn't asking for a steak dinner at the capital grille or anything. At this point I'm willing to just give them to friends who probably don't know more than 5 songs. I understand a lot of people got screwed by the system and I was trying to help someone out. But with the backlash, I'm done trying. 

What show is it, by the way? Unless it's Denver or MSG you wouldn't be able to transfer them to someone on here anyway. Chicken fingers and other concellations aside.
  • It's a slippery slope. First it's chicken fingers, then it's a chicken sandwich. Before you know it, bam, french onion soup, chicken parm and a handy.
  • It's a slippery slope. First it's chicken fingers, then it's a chicken sandwich. Before you know it, bam, french onion soup, chicken parm and a handy.
    Hhhmmm, a handy. Now your onto something, lmao.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,110
    edited February 2020
    It's a slippery slope. First it's chicken fingers, then it's a chicken sandwich. Before you know it, bam, french onion soup, chicken parm and a handy.

Ha.

Wait, I have tickets.....

I kid, I kid....

(What to do with those chicken fingers?)
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Ew. You're not supposed to go down the slope.
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,011
    It’s face value only.  Offering incentives, merch, etc is not ok. Discussing circumventing the policy is not ok. Please see the rules.
    Thank you

This discussion has been closed.