Options

Pearl Jam at The Apollo

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Mac57 said:
    Sorry Sharon, tomorrow is a new day.
    Lol! I can’t keep committing time to this shit. My boss nearly killed me yesterday for calling through the first couple minutes of a conference call we were taking part in. 
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 584
    I GOT THE DREADED CALLER 21 SPOT AND I WANNA DIE!!!!!!  :bawling:
    oooooof.  do you know about what time / song they ended up picking up?
    1:08p. It’s gonna take a while to recover from this loss. I am in mourning. 
    Did your call go through right away or did it get ring for 5 min first.  Sorry to ask these questions in this difficult time.
  • Options
    Mac57Mac57 Posts: 266
    Yes, and someone posted incorrectly that they won at 1:07.
    2008 MSG I & II
    2010 Newark, MSG I
    2013 Wrigley Field, Brooklyn I & II, Hartford, LA I & II, San Diego
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    2015 Ed Sullivan Theater/ Central Park
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1
    2017 RRHOF
    2018 Seattle I & II, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St.P. 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    MUZIK said:
    did they pick up right away? phone rang for 5 mins. smh
    Yes, it rang maybe twice? and then “you’re caller 21, please try again [click]”
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    gvilliangvillian Clarks Summit, PA Posts: 118
    Lostpawn said:
    1:08?  Wow!  I started calling when the song came on streaming, at 12:59. Crazy. 
    Same here - I went 12:59 to 1:11 - had 3 calls during the 1:08 minute so at least was in the game 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,425
    Welcome to the club!
  • Options
    1:08 was really late.  I may have stopped too soon.  Something weird happened on this one as a lot of us had calls get through that just rang for 5 min
  • Options
    harvestmoongalharvestmoongal New York Posts: 8
    Tough one Sharon!   All circuits busy here, that lady is a b*tch!!

I wish I was an Australian at home under the sun....
  • Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    gvillian said:
    Lostpawn said:
    1:08?  Wow!  I started calling when the song came on streaming, at 12:59. Crazy. 
    Same here - I went 12:59 to 1:11 - had 3 calls during the 1:08 minute so at least was in the game 
    I had one call cause i stopped when that guy said he won :(
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    Damn I stopped at 1:07 on the cell.  Had a few more tries on landline
  • Options
    Mac57Mac57 Posts: 266
    MR242791 said:  I had one call cause i stopped when that guy said he won :(

Same here, not right.
    2008 MSG I & II
    2010 Newark, MSG I
    2013 Wrigley Field, Brooklyn I & II, Hartford, LA I & II, San Diego
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    2015 Ed Sullivan Theater/ Central Park
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1
    2017 RRHOF
    2018 Seattle I & II, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St.P. 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    it seems they waited till the end of the song to start taking calls.  people shouldn't post fake wins until never lol
    Post edited by MR242791 on
    38 concerts and counting
  • Options
    Mac57 said:
    MR242791 said:  I had one call cause i stopped when that guy said he won :(

Same here, not right.
    ugh
    38 concerts and counting
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    @edellefemine gets a 2-contest minor for faking a win. Go sit in the penalty box. You will be eligible to try again on Monday. 

;) 
  • Options
    asutton327asutton327 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 115
    Guys, go easy on him. It was just a joke, and he did say it in his original post, if you go look. Let's not turn on each other.
  • Options
    So a new question for you guys - I was also trying on my house phone (which I’ve always been uncertain of its quality, because Verizon digital), and only ever got “your call cannot be completed as dialed”....never a busy signal. I can make other outgoing calls, local and long distance. Do I need to be concerned? 
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Ugh the fake win post.  Not cool to troll like that.  A lot of people dedicating a lot of time trying to win this thing.  Even if it’s a long shot you want to know you did everything you could.
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,301
    PP193448 said:
    HOLY SHIT! I WON!!!! IM SPEECHLESS!

I love this! This is an extremely accurate portrayal of how I feel right now!
  • Options
    asutton327asutton327 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 115
    edited February 2020
    Guys, go easy on him. It was just a joke, and he did say it in his original post, if you go look. Let's not turn on each other.
    Or her, or them, I guess. Sorry, that was really assumme-y of me.
  • Options
    Jed said:
    Not a single person even got a number?
    Nada. Had a couple phones trying. Nothing but dead air (no ringing/connecting) or "all circuits are busy"
  • Options
    se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
    So a new question for you guys - I was also trying on my house phone (which I’ve always been uncertain of its quality, because Verizon digital), and only ever got “your call cannot be completed as dialed”....never a busy signal. I can make other outgoing calls, local and long distance. Do I need to be concerned? 
    I dont think so...I have recieved the “your call cannot be completed as dialed” on most calls but occasionally have had a busy signal or ring on the same phone.

BTW/, you said they answered at 1:08, did you call long before that?
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,654

I stopped dialing when that guy said he won so that sucks.  

Im never seeing this band again lol.   When your odds of seeing them are only by winning a radio contest its not looking good.   I’ve had shows cancelled.   Ive been at PJ shows that i had to leave before they took the stage.  Had to bow out of Nashville this year.   Take my calls guys!! :lol:

We’ll be in the Northeast that week too!! lol. But hey i saw some incredible shows in the 90s and early 00s.  Happy for that.  
  • Options
    MR242791 said:
    gvillian said:
    Lostpawn said:
    I stopped when I read that as well. Not that I've ever gotten through, but it seemed there was already a winner.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,148
    And here we have Stone... still thinking about Radiohead and continuing to be shocked by how good they are! Stay safe brother!
  • Options
    se7v7en said:
    I dont think so...I have recieved the “your call cannot be completed as dialed” on most calls but occasionally have had a busy signal or ring on the same phone.

*Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    MR242791 said:
    gvillian said:
    Lostpawn said:
    I stopped when I read that as well. Not that I've ever gotten through, but it seemed there was already a winner.
    yeah you're probably right.  but i like to keep trying just in case.  maybe someone hung up accidentally who knows. lol
    38 concerts and counting
  • Options
    se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
    se7v7en said:

Alright then...haha.  Thanks, looks like I have been giving up to early!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,970
    edited February 2020
    I stopped calling after that person said they won. Total douche move.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,148
    There's no science to it.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,654
    MR242791 said:
    gvillian said:
    Lostpawn said:
    I saw it at 1:07 and hung up.  Apparently #21 was at 1:08?