Options

Pearl Jam at The Apollo

Comments

• Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,328
    rey said:
    HOLY SHIT! I WON!!!! IM SPEECHLESS!

I just saw on the Baltimore thread that you posted yesterday saying you had scored tickets to that as well.  That's quite a week you are having.....I would suggest you buy a lottery ticket or get yourself to Atlantic City or Vegas ASAP!!

Yeah it’s been a crazy, crazy week. I was already super stoked that I was finally able to score a ticket to Baltimore ... and now this. I wasn’t able to score tickets to the Vic, Irving Plaza, or any of the other small theater shows, so this is truly a once in a lifetime experience for me. I just feel very, very, very fortunate. And you’re right, I should probably leave work this second and get on a bus to AC!
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    So here’s the rundown of what happened. I was listening on the app and started dialing on my cell right when DTE came on at 10:28. During the first two calls, it rang once or twice and after about 30 seconds I got the usual “your call cannot be completed” automated message. During the third call, it didn’t even ring and went straight into SBWM. I heard SBWM for about a minute or minute and a half, and then he picked up, asked me a couple of basic questions, and told me I was going to see PJ at the Apollo. I was (and still am) completely shocked! Note that my phone call was much easier than some of the other Porch winners since fortunately I was at work and did not have to throw a container of ice cream and/or some other delicious food in front of my child to get him to stop screaming. 
    So awesome!  I also had a minute and a half of hold music when I called for the Faithfull contest yesterday, but I turned out to be caller 12. I really thought for a minute that I would win. 

Can you tell us what the timestamp was for your winning call?  I’d like to compare it to my call log, just to get an idea of the timing. No worries if you’re not up to looking it up  :)
  • Options
    When I got through the first time it rang about six times and was caller 21. Today, it went straight to SBWM for about 10-15 seconds and was caller 3&14.
    Did you start calling as soon as it came on the app or before (when only on satellite)?
  • Options
    And good luck to everyone else! Keep on dialing away! It’s great that there have been so many winners in this thread, and I really hope to keep hearing about many more over the rest of the contest. Honestly I never in a million years thought I’d win this, but you just never know. Best of luck everyone, and I’ll make sure to keep checking in!
  • Options
    Lostpawn said:
    So here’s the rundown of what happened. I was listening on the app and started dialing on my cell right when DTE came on at 10:28. During the first two calls, it rang once or twice and after about 30 seconds I got the usual “your call cannot be completed” automated message. During the third call, it didn’t even ring and went straight into SBWM. I heard SBWM for about a minute or minute and a half, and then he picked up, asked me a couple of basic questions, and told me I was going to see PJ at the Apollo. I was (and still am) completely shocked! Note that my phone call was much easier than some of the other Porch winners since fortunately I was at work and did not have to throw a container of ice cream and/or some other delicious food in front of my child to get him to stop screaming. 
    So awesome!  I also had a minute and a half of hold music when I called for the Faithfull contest yesterday, but I turned out to be caller 12. I really thought for a minute that I would win. 

Can you tell us what the timestamp was for your winning call?  I’d like to compare it to my call log, just to get an idea of the timing. No worries if you’re not up to looking it up  :)
    Sure I actually meant to post that cause I thought it could be helpful and then of course forgot. So the time stamp of the winning call (my third call) was 10:29. From the time stamps that have been posted on here previously, it looks like they’re starting the count at a random point in the song. I suspect there’s not really any rhyme or reason to it, just plain luck. I did the same thing this morning that I did during the other couple of hundred times that I called, but just got really, really lucky. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    Theres a nice consolation in seeing people here win it    

Very cool.  Love the stories about the wins. 
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,164
    Lostpawn said:

Sure I actually meant to post that cause I thought it could be helpful and then of course forgot. So the time stamp of the winning call (my third call) was 10:29. From the time stamps that have been posted on here previously, it looks like they’re starting the count at a random point in the song. I suspect there’s not really any rhyme or reason to it, just plain luck. I did the same thing this morning that I did during the other couple of hundred times that I called, but just got really, really lucky. 
    Congrats Steve and Thanks for the rundown!
  • Options
    Lostpawn said:

Thanks a ton!  That was pretty early in my call log. I started calling when the song came on streaming, and I called a lot more after 10:29 than before. 

Super helpful. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,454
    Sleepless Nights w/Beck. Perfect harmonies on this song.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,454
    Lostpawn said:

Thanks, man! And congrats!! REBELLIONS ARE BUILT ON HOPE

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    So here’s the rundown of what happened. I was listening on the app and started dialing on my cell right when DTE came on at 10:28.

Congrats! It's great to see so many from here win... and now that you're all falling out of the way I am destined to be caller 18 soon! :)
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    drsluggo said:
    So here’s the rundown of what happened. I was listening on the app and started dialing on my cell right when DTE came on at 10:28.

Congrats! It's great to see so many from here win... and now that you're all falling out of the way I am destined to be caller 18 soon! :)
    Or #21
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    afgpj said:
    drsluggo said:

Or #21

I've been 10 and 19 so far... I think 21 would break me.

• Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    "It's OK, it's Okayyyy, there's one more chance todayyyy..." Lol.
    🤙
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,026
    My students come back at 12:33.....please play it before then.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    I think ive missed two call in chances this whole month.   Someone please answer my call! Lol
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Do they have phones?  =)
    🤙
  • Options

Albert Einstein famously said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Yup....pretty much. The circuits are busy will make me insane if I am not already.  
  • Options
    When I got through the first time it rang about six times and was caller 21. Today, it went straight to SBWM for about 10-15 seconds and was caller 3&14.
    Did you start calling as soon as it came on the app or before (when only on satellite)?
    The app
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,026
    edited February 2020
    molecule said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Do they have phones?  =)
    I can see the headlines now: Local 19 year veteran teacher fired for having 28 students call in to win tickets to a Pearl Jam show.  lol
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    molecule said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Do they have phones?  =)
    Imagine the amount of extra credit if you win...
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    molecule said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Do they have phones?  =)
    Want to see my name on the front page of the local newspaper? lol
    Lol. Lesson of the day. Crowd sourcing...
    🤙
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    molecule said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Do they have phones?  =)
    I can see the headlines now: Local 19 year veteran teacher fired for having 28 students call in to win tickets to a Pearl Jam show.  lol
    Incentivize properly and you will be fine. 
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    There’s only been one DTE so far today, right?
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Yup! One more to go.
    🤙
  • Options
    molecule said:
    Yup! One more to go.
    Before 1 pm
  • Options
    Been enjoying SBWM more and more with each listen
    🤙
  • Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    molecule said:
    Been enjoying SBWM more and more with each listen

yeah i like this song a lot
    38 concerts and counting