Options

Pearl Jam at The Apollo

Comments

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,220
    Ugh so do I blow the entire day sitting outside to maybe get in or not… decisions.
    Easy answer: Yes!
    It’s always the right answer!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Damiens said:
    Ok, so sounds like lining up early doesn't impact your seats because they're preassigned.  Good to hear.  Has there been any word about whether they'll be selling merch outside the venue early?  Also haven't been to NYC in a long time, any recommendations on what to do Saturday before the show.  Any good bar/restaurants in the area around the Apollo?
    There are a few good spots bye the ApolloRed Rooster, Babbalucci, and Corner Social to name a few.   Is there any official meet up that we know of beforehand?
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Can't wait.  There is really no bad seat.

Depends. When I saw Metallica I was at the top. And I had to bend down most of the time.
    https://youtu.be/RcfrooAfeTo
    I Stand corrected.  That is a bad seat
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Damiens said:
    Ok, so sounds like lining up early doesn't impact your seats because they're preassigned.  Good to hear.  Has there been any word about whether they'll be selling merch outside the venue early?  Also haven't been to NYC in a long time, any recommendations on what to do Saturday before the show.  Any good bar/restaurants in the area around the Apollo?
    If it is like all other Sirius events, no merch sold but everyone gets free stuff. Poster, shirt, etc 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Can't wait.  There is really no bad seat.

Depends. When I saw Metallica I was at the top. And I had to bend down most of the time.
    https://youtu.be/RcfrooAfeTo
    I Stand corrected.  That is a bad seat
    No it’s not. You’re in the house. That’s all that matter s
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,661
    Ugh so do I blow the entire day sitting outside to maybe get in or not… decisions.
    I’m having flashbacks of The Vic in 2007.
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,628
    Damiens said:
    There are a few good spots bye the ApolloRed Rooster, Babbalucci, and Corner Social to name a few.   Is there any official meet up that we know of beforehand?
    What’s a good spot near the Apollo to watch college football. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,972
    To each their own, but I do recommend managing your expectations. This isn't the Vic. It's a room with a large number of Sirius execs and VIP's, as well as Howard Stern and his people. It will still be awesome to experience but I don't see it being some epic setlist or show. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    JimmyV said:
    To each their own, but I do recommend managing your expectations. This isn't the Vic. It's a room with a large number of Sirius execs and VIP's, as well as Howard Stern and his people. It will still be awesome to experience but I don't see it being some epic setlist or show. 
    Gigaton in full and greatest hits probably. Doesn’t need to have an epic setlist to be an epic show though.
  • Options
    Berlin2000Berlin2000 NYC Posts: 120
    edited September 2022
    I’m planning to spend the day around the Apollo chasing a ticket miracle. In the likely case that I won’t get in, I’m wondering if there is a place to listen to the Sirius audio stream with some fellow fans somewhere? Could soften the blow of missing out a little!

P.S. I do have a MSG section 223 to trade for your plus +1 and I’m originally from Germany, in case someone is looking for some German-speaking company :-)  
    Post edited by Berlin2000 on
    PJ: 2000-6-25: Berlin, GER | 2005-3-18: Seattle, WA | 2006-6-30: Milwaukee, WI | 2009-8-24: Chicago, IL | 2012-7-5: Berlin, GER | 2013-7-19: Chicago, IL | 2014-10-17: Moline, IL | 2014-10-20: Milwaukee, WI | 2016-8-20: Chicago 1, IL | 2016-8-22: Chicago 2, IL | 2018-8-18: Chicago N1 |  2018-8-20: Chicago 2, IL | 2021-9-18: Asbury Park, NJ | 2022-9-11: MSG, NY | 2023-9-5: Chicago, IL |
    EV: 2017-9-2: Dana Point, CA | 2022-2-3: NYC 1, NY | 2022-2-4: NYC 2, NY
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,865
    JimmyV said:
    +1. It'll be epic in terms of the setting and I could see it perhaps getting released in a special format (i.e. vinyl pressing, live film, etc) at some point but don't see it being full of OTOTOs like the Vic. That said, I'd give my left pinky toe to be in the room, haha
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,297
    I’m thinking an acoustic opening similar to the last few shows, then Gigaton in full, then some hits to close it out. 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I’m planning to spend the day around the Apollo chasing a ticket miracle. In the likely case that I won’t get in, I’m wondering if there is a place to listen to the Sirius audio stream with some fellow fans somewhere? Could soften the blow of missing out a little!

P.S. I do have a MSG section 223 to trade for your plus +1 and I’m originally from Germany, in case someone is looking for some German-speaking company :-)  

I would gladly take that MSG off your hands if you still have it Sunday.
  • Options
    jjflash said:
    JimmyV said:
    +1. It'll be epic in terms of the setting and I could see it perhaps getting released in a special format (i.e. vinyl pressing, live film, etc) at some point but don't see it being full of OTOTOs like the Vic. That said, I'd give my left pinky toe to be in the room, haha
    Would you think it gets officially released? I would say it never sees the light of day officially. I would assume Sirius owns the recording 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,604
    Crossing the GW alongside the tour trucks:

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Howard won't be there.  He doesn't leave his house lol
  • Options
    laa1025laa1025 Posts: 128
    Thoughts on any collabs with soul, r&b or blues artists?  
  • Options
    jjflash said:
    JimmyV said:
    Would you think it gets officially released? I would say it never sees the light of day officially. I would assume Sirius owns the recording 
    For Phish 2019 Sirius show Sirius pretty much controlled it for a while.  Sirius put it out on its app for listening/streaming fairly early.  Eventually couple months later the LivePhish app (their pay per month or per year subscription streaming service that releases their live shows within hours of event) put it out.  The Sirius audio quality was much lower than the same version that showed up on LivePhish. 

Sirius doing a lot more video now for their featured artist channels (including the Phish 12/31/21 New Years show in an empty room) so wouldn't be surprised to see video for this show pop up there in near future.  

I would expect a regular full-length show for this one.  Phish 2019 Philly show was like a regular show for them.  Same length, same set structure.  Didn't notice much, if any, Sirius "suit" presence there.  Would expect maybe a little more of a "suit" presence for Apollo since closer to Sirius HQ in NYC but probably won't really be noticeable.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,604

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 706
    I’m expecting an almost “storytellers” type vibe here. I think it will be normal length, if not a bit longer depending on how tasty the red wine is for Ed. Can’t believe it’s tomorrow night. So damn excited! 
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,927
    My daughter casually mentioned yesterday that her friend's dad is in the industry, knows a bunch of musicians and has connections, ect.  He and his son were invited for tomorrow night (her friend passed, just the dad is going). So I asked her to ask her friend if he could put me and/or my friends on the guest list. I wa sort of joking but really kind of serious lol

Her response:  "I asked Tanner about the Apollo show. He said absolutely not. It's a strict close friends/family/execs type of deal. His dad said no add-ons other than who was invited"  

I do wonder what the breakdown will be of fans and friends/family/execs will be. I'm jealous either way!!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,897
    I'm hoping for a Singles release party type debacle. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    lol

• Options
    500-750 tix held back 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    Is there a way to listen live if you don't have Sirius XM radio?
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 889
    100 Pacer said:

sweet. are you #1 in line?
  • Options
    ddeschler said:
    Is there a way to listen live if you don't have Sirius XM radio?
    You should be able to sign up for a free preview. Then you can stream it through their app or website. 

• Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,256
    🤣
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    FYI: I heard that the seats in the orchestra have been removed for the show and it's a GA floor. seats do remain in the balcony/upper balcony levels. 
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,068
    JP218404 said:
    500-750 tix held back 
    ??? 
    So only under a thousand in attendance?  
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?