Options

Pearl Jam at The Apollo

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    100 Pacer said:
    Trade MSG GA to be your +1 at Apollo!

😎🤞🤘

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323
    I think an acoustic set at The Apollo might be something to anticipate.  Where better (well maybe my living room)!
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 705
    MKSNYC said:
    I think an acoustic set at The Apollo might be something to anticipate.  Where better (well maybe my living room)!
    This would be incredible. 
  • Options
    AB285441AB285441 Posts: 120
    Jadler said:
    MKSNYC said:
    This would be incredible. 
    This would be amazing...Thinking the setlist will contain quite a few covers similar to their setlist at the Beacon Theatre back in 2008 - unequivocally one of my most treasured shows
  • Options
    Point me in the right direction if this is not the official NYC shows thread. 
    Looking to see where we think the merch pop ups will be. We’ll be in town on Friday and looking to venture to one. Cheers. 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,932
    edited August 2022
    scotterbs said:
    Looking to see where we think the merch pop ups will be. We’ll be in town on Friday and looking to venture to one. Cheers. 
    There is none, so feel free. This baby is a time capsule.

For a lot of us, it started as a way to strategically find a way into Apollo. Most of the time it was also a beacon for when the song of the day played.

But ultimately, it stands as a record of the last "normal" thing we were doing when the pandemic really started to get out of control.

Absolutely worth going back through the pages!
    Post edited by Go Animal on
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    Go Animal said:
    scotterbs said:

For a lot of us, it started as a way to strategically find a way into Apollo. Most of the time it was also a beacon for when the song of the day played.

But ultimately, it stands as a record of the last "normal" thing we were doing when the pandemic really started to get out of control.

Normal in quotes got a legit LOL out of me. 

“What’s the last normal thing you remember doing before the pandemic?”

”Refreshing a fan club message board and/or listening to the radio for specific five-hour blocks every day for a month, then rapid-dialing a number from multiple phones for 15 minutes at a time. One time I heard a human voice for half a second before they hung up on me, that was the last moment I experienced true excitement.”
  • Options
    BTW good luck tomorrow everyone. Hoping for a good day on this thread. 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,411
    scotterbs said:
    For the Apollo it should be in the theater. For MSG there'll probably be a pop up or possibly in the arena
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,063
    Go Animal said:
    scotterbs said:

I recently went back through and reread this thread. What a time to be alive. Lol. 
    There were about 10-12 of us on here that won from those frantic calls.  Hopefully everyone is still able to make it!  
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    lfitzpatrick9lfitzpatrick9 NJ Posts: 372
    Go Animal said:
    scotterbs said:

I recently went back through and reread this thread. What a time to be alive. Lol. 
    There were about 10-12 of us on here that won from those frantic calls.  Hopefully everyone is still able to make it!  
    Are people supposed to get notified tomorrow if they won tickets to the show? 
  • Options
    I just read part of the rules.

There will be a minimum of ten (10) Prizes available for each Event. Sponsor reserves the right to award more prizes in its sole discretion. Each prize gets 2 tickets so at minimum there will be 20 tickets awarded for the show. Could be more hopefully. 
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    Go Animal said:
    scotterbs said:

”Refreshing a fan club message board and/or listening to the radio for specific five-hour blocks every day for a month, then rapid-dialing a number from multiple phones for 15 minutes at a time. One time I heard a human voice for half a second before they hung up on me, that was the last moment I experienced true excitement.”
    Yeah, like I said! "Normal" (btw, still jealous of your pick & setlist haul this year)
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Really hoping (like all of you and so many others) to get lucky!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,241
    tdawe said:
    Go Animal said:
    scotterbs said:

🤣🤣🤣 Those were the days!
  • Options
    Go Animal said:
    tdawe said:
    Go Animal said:
    scotterbs said:

Yeah, like I said! "Normal" (btw, still jealous of your pick & setlist haul this year)
    Thanks, but I never got my hands on that set list. Still ISO. 
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    Go Animal said:
    tdawe said:
    Go Animal said:
    scotterbs said:

Thanks, but I never got my hands on that set list. Still ISO. 
    My bad. Hope u find one. 

• Options
    Dunno if we'll hear today, or not... but good luck to all of us :) 

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Which contest are we maybe expecting today? Sirius or 10c?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    The deadline to enter for tickets via pop up on the SXM app is this morning, so we’re hoping for some notifications today.

The official rules say all notifications by email, but I think this might be one of those days where I can’t resist picking up spam numbers. 
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    JimmyV said:
    The deadline to enter for tickets via pop up on the SXM app is this morning, so we’re hoping for some notifications today.

The official rules say all notifications by email, but I think this might be one of those days where I can’t resist picking up spam numbers. 
    Cool. Good luck to all!

• Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,241
    My guess is it’ll be a few days before they notify the winners. Hope to see some additional winners on here. Good luck all!!!
  • Options
    Well...based on the rules posted a few pages ago, I think we are still a few days away. Contest ends today, but maili-ins only need today's postmark. 

Yes, you can enter by mail. On a postcard or a 3x5 card legibly print your first and last name, complete postal address, phone number and email address and the name and date of the Event you wish to attend if selected as a winner, and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to SXM ENTRIES, PO Box 1948 South Hackensack, NJ 07606. Your mail-in entry must be postmarked by the USPS no later than August 24, 2022 and received by Sponsor no later than five (5) days following the August 24, 2022.

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    Well...based on the rules posted a few pages ago, I think we are still a few days away. Contest ends today, but maili-ins only need today's postmark. 

Yes, you can enter by mail. On a postcard or a 3x5 card legibly print your first and last name, complete postal address, phone number and email address and the name and date of the Event you wish to attend if selected as a winner, and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to SXM ENTRIES, PO Box 1948 South Hackensack, NJ 07606. Your mail-in entry must be postmarked by the USPS no later than August 24, 2022 and received by Sponsor no later than five (5) days following the August 24, 2022.
    Good find, unfortunately I don’t think it will stop me from obsessively checking my email (and this thread) for the next 5 days. 
  • Options
    It said in the rules that post card entries had to be postmarked today and received no later than 5 days after. My guess is after the 29th for the Pop Up contest. 
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    JimmyV said:

So how do you think this works, do they assign a number to each digital and hard entry, then randomly select numbers? I'm guessing they have to allow this method (postcard) by some law, but they have a minimal chance of actually being considered for the drawing, likely in instances that no digital entries are received. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    Mail in ballots?  Are we voting for president here?  Buy a subscription you cheapskates.  :)
  • Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 286
    Number of winners from this round is going to be extremely low.  Vast majority of the tickets were allocated the first time around in March 2020.  When SiriusXM sent out the emails a month or so ago reconfirming the March 2020 winners, I can't imagine that there were that many people who opted to pass this time around.
    I would think odds of getting picked as a non-subscriber mail-in entry will be pretty much zero.  Every time SiriusXM runs these contests they're targeting their actual subscribers/listeners whether its email invites, pop up on the app, or call in to live show.  Why would SiriusXM pick a random, non-paying mail in entry over a paying subscriber??
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    kosteva2 said:
    Number of winners from this round is going to be extremely low.  Vast majority of the tickets were allocated the first time around in March 2020.  When SiriusXM sent out the emails a month or so ago reconfirming the March 2020 winners, I can't imagine that there were that many people who opted to pass this time around.
    I would think odds of getting picked as a non-subscriber mail-in entry will be pretty much zero.  Every time SiriusXM runs these contests they're targeting their actual subscribers/listeners whether its email invites, pop up on the app, or call in to live show.  Why would SiriusXM pick a random, non-paying mail in entry over a paying subscriber??
    Hey ya never know. But you’re probably right. In the rules it stated there will be at minimum 10 pairs of tickets to be given out. Could be more depending on the sponsors discretion. But yeah not a lot of people will win this haha 
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,063
    Apollo holds 1506 people.  There was only 80 tickets made available with call in contest according to this screen shot i had of rules. Not sure how many were available in additional mail in contest.  
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?