Options

Pearl Jam at The Apollo

Comments

• Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 705
    100 Pacer said:
    Hopefully they are drawing upon entries previously accumulated that can now be accommodated? Or spam got in the way?

Someone on Facebook (and people above) posted that they never got an email in 2020, but they did get a confirmation today.

It seems they're using the original list as a base and then taking additional entries from people who can't make the new date.

I bet it's the original winners from the call-in contest who can go PLUS new winners to fill in the holes.
    If that’s the case I will be ecstatic! Called a million times to try and win in 2020 with no luck getting through, but must have entered through the Sirius email communication about it. I just wish there was someone I could call and confirm with that our name is “on the list” before I go crazy with travel accommodations. I checked my junk mail from 2020 and do not have any confirmation in there so today’s email has the “too good to be true” feel ha. Going to do some research after work and will post my findings if I can figure out where to go. Thanks for the input everyone! 
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,063
    Jadler said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Hopefully they are drawing upon entries previously accumulated that can now be accommodated? Or spam got in the way?

Someone on Facebook (and people above) posted that they never got an email in 2020, but they did get a confirmation today.

It seems they're using the original list as a base and then taking additional entries from people who can't make the new date.

I bet it's the original winners from the call-in contest who can go PLUS new winners to fill in the holes.
    If that’s the case I will be ecstatic! Called a million times to try and win in 2020 with no luck getting through, but must have entered through the Sirius email communication about it. I just wish there was someone I could call and confirm with that our name is “on the list” before I go crazy with travel accommodations. I checked my junk mail from 2020 and do not have any confirmation in there so today’s email has the “too good to be true” feel ha. Going to do some research after work and will post my findings if I can figure out where to go. Thanks for the input everyone! 
    I had a friend back in 2020 who entered and never received confirmation that he won.  Then when shows were postponed he texted me that he received the postpone email from SiriusXM.  That postponement email for Apollo only went out to winners.  So after some research, he found out he did actually win. Original winning Email was in spam. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    @Jadler
    Postponement email came from RSVP on March 10, 2020

may help you in your search. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    I absolutely love these "I won but didn't know" stories. What a cool thing to have happen out of the blue. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    JimmyV said:
    I absolutely love these "I won but didn't know" stories. What a cool thing to have happen out of the blue. 

👍🤘
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    JimmyV said:

Basically agree and of course feel happy for these folks, but I gotta say it’s not helping out re: my own mental health. 

Gonna be a long 8 weeks. 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,932
    RETURN OF THE BEST THREAD, AND THE LAST "NORMAL" THING WE WERE DOING PRE-COVID LOL
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    @Jadler

Thank you!! So I went back and checked and the only postponement email I had on 3/10/20 was for the Baltimore show. The mystery continues. I will keep you posted though. What amazing news if true!! 
  • Options
    And yes, I'm still ISO o:)
    THIS time, I have a spare MSG to give away, in case you got shut out! LET'S BE FRIENDS AT THE APOLLO
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    Go Animal said:
    RETURN OF THE BEST THREAD, AND THE LAST "NORMAL" THING WE WERE DOING PRE-COVID LOL

yep! I was calling in for tickets up until the day that Pearl Jam announced the tour postponement.
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Go Animal said:
    So true. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Jadler said:
    @Jadler

Thank you!! So I went back and checked and the only postponement email I had on 3/10/20 was for the Baltimore show. The mystery continues. I will keep you posted though. What amazing news if true!! 
    Fingers crossed for you, dude!

• Options
    Go Animal said:
    Jadler said:
    @Jadler

Fingers crossed for you, dude!

Thanks, man!
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    100 Pacer said:
    What gets me is the number of "I'll buy your ticket" posts.

I'd highly suspect this show to be no more than winner's names on a list. The "I'll buy your ticket" posts seem to be setting a lot of people up to be scam bait.
    Agreed. Just the like Vic Theatre where our names were on a list administered by Santos and our +1 had to check in at the same time to receive the wristband for entry.

If someone wants to include me as your +1 I can line up early and will send over the MSG GA once entry verified. This is not scam bait! 

😜😎

Or even the House of Blues event in Boston in 2016. But yeah... there'll definitely be a lot of souvenirs inside, but I highly highly doubt there'll be any sort of ticket.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    KB82926KB82926 Posts: 59
    Took about two hours before the SPAM calls kicked in on the number I provided.  B)
  • Options
    Tappy Tap TapTappy Tap Tap Posts: 5
    edited July 2022
    Jadler said:
    100 Pacer said:

I had a friend back in 2020 who entered and never received confirmation that he won.  Then when shows were postponed he texted me that he received the postpone email from SiriusXM.  That postponement email for Apollo only went out to winners.  So after some research, he found out he did actually win. Original winning Email was in spam. 

This is amazing.  This is consistent with the "Postponement" email that we received on March 10, 2020.  Between the original entry on Feb 24th, 2020 and the second entry on Feb 26th, 2020, we never received any notification until the Postponement email 2 weeks later.  If there was something in Spam, it has long since been automatically deleted.  So there is no way of knowing. 

So yes, this does align.   I'm still too nervous to believe that this is true.  :)
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,241
    Did anyone else who won the phone contest back in February 2020 not receive an email yet asking them to confirm that they can make the 9/10 date? I haven’t received an email yet and am getting a little nervous. 
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    Did anyone else who won the phone contest back in February 2020 not receive an email yet asking them to confirm that they can make the 9/10 date? I haven’t received an email yet and am getting a little nervous. 
    Never mind just got it. Phew!
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    steven87 said:

Nice work!   Hopefully most of the fans at the Apollo will be die hards.  I already cautioned my wife that she is not allowed to sit down at any point during the show, like she has in the past.  ;)
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    steven87 said:

Nice work!   Hopefully most of the fans at the Apollo will be die hards.  I already cautioned my wife that she is not allowed to sit down at any point during the show, like she has in the past.  ;)
    Ah yes, I can sympathize as I’ve had the same experience with my wife. Maybe PJ needs to initiate a new policy of directing security to eject any fans who remained seated for more than a minute at any time other than the encore break. I’m thinking there will be a good number of us crazies there. From what I remember, a bunch of people posted in this thread that they won way back when. I still have nightmares in which I hear “sorry, your call cannot be completed”
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    steven87 said:
    steven87 said:

Ah yes, I can sympathize as I’ve had the same experience with my wife. Maybe PJ needs to initiate a new policy of directing security to eject any fans who remained seated for more than a minute at any time other than the encore break. I’m thinking there will be a good number of us crazies there. From what I remember, a bunch of people posted in this thread that they won way back when. I still have nightmares in which I hear “sorry, your call cannot be completed”
    : shudder at the thought of hearing that last part :

• Options
    Also, for you other lucky winners who received the confirmation email earlier, notice that it says you must respond by “Friday, July 16, 2022.” Unfortunately that day does not exist. You know there’s going to be some poor soul out there who doesn’t respond until Saturday and then get shut out. Also, the email I received requested that I reply to it, whereas it appears that some other people received an email with a link to click on. Strange. 
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    Also, for you other lucky winners who received the confirmation email earlier, notice that it says you must respond by “Friday, July 16, 2022.” Unfortunately that day does not exist. You know there’s going to be some poor soul out there who doesn’t respond until Saturday and then get shut out. Also, the email I received requested that I reply to it, whereas it appears that some other people received an email with a link to click on. Strange. 
    Mine said to respond to email by Friday July 16. No link. Im thinking the call in winners got the email you and I got. The people who won from the online entry got the one with the button. 
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    Mine said to respond to email by Friday July 16. No link. Im thinking the call in winners got the email you and I got. The people who won from the online entry got the one with the button. 
    Ah that makes sense. Just so excited this show is finally happening after 2 1/2 years! I was starting to get a little worried that it wasn’t happening since we didn’t hear anything for so long. I’m predicting they play Gigaton in its entirety since I’m guessing that was their original plan for the show as it was touted as an album release show. And yes, I’m thinking (or hoping) that includes comes then goes. 
  • Options
    SSS81SSS81 Posts: 166
    Has anyone seen the pop-up in the Sirius app?
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    SSS81 said:
    It’s not actually a pop up. Go to the PJ channel and below the song info there’s a box to click. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    SSS81SSS81 Posts: 166
    RS151862 said:
    SSS81 said:
    It’s not actually a pop up. Go to the PJ channel and below the song info there’s a box to click. 
    But it's not there all the time, right? 
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    SSS81 said:
    RS151862 said:
    SSS81 said:
    But it's not there all the time, right? 
    Maybe you’re right.. I just checked again and it wasn’t there. The Sirius app is traditionally a piece of shit. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    Mac57Mac57 Posts: 265
    steven87 said:
    steven87 said:
    Ah that makes sense. Just so excited this show is finally happening after 2 1/2 years! I was starting to get a little worried that it wasn’t happening since we didn’t hear anything for so long. I’m predicting they play Gigaton in its entirety since I’m guessing that was their original plan for the show as it was touted as an album release show. And yes, I’m thinking (or hoping) that includes comes then goes. 
    Just got home and can't Believe! Excited as I was 2.5 year ago when I won! No link either just respond to e-mail. Thank yoou10 Club and Sirius for remembering us. C u there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mac
    2008 MSG I & II
    2010 Newark, MSG I
    2013 Wrigley Field, Brooklyn I & II, Hartford, LA I & II, San Diego
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    2015 Ed Sullivan Theater/ Central Park
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1
    2017 RRHOF
    2018 Seattle I & II, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St.P. 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,185
    edited July 2022
    Please consider me if you have an extra! 🙏

I’m local so hit me up if you have a last minute cancellation! Not much to offer except someone who will have a great time with you. 

Don’t bring the spouse who doesn’t want to go, let them explore NYC instead (can provide local recommendations on food/drink/Broadway shows/whatever!) 😉

See you all in the waitlist line…
    Post edited by OceansJenny on
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22